Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Worth It? [R - for language and possible violence]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
He nodded, his smile edged with a little nervousness that he tried not to show as he brought his hands together. Making sure to concentrate so as not to risk harming her, his eyes closed and he focused his energies on the earth beneath them. His voice was soft, nearly a whisper from so much concentration as he answered her, “I live in a place that’s very cold, but surprisingly inhabitable…” Which was quite an understatement should one know where he resided.

His palms pressed harder against one another and the markings on his body glowed brighter for only a brief second before dimming again. Dirt and rock began to shift beneath them, moving itself to lift and shift: aiding in her digging. Even with this power her claws were still giving him a run for his money and he smiled as his eyes opened and he saw the progress they were making,

“I agree with you: no one tries this hard for nothing. So tell me, if this is what’s calling you to it, what do you intend to do once we unearth it?” His arms slowly moved as he directed the earth, strengthening the pit they were digging so that it wouldn’t simply collapse on itself or Vinsue. He was standing on the edge of it, but she had more risk and he didn’t want anything to happen to her.

When they were deeper he noticed the first rush of feet: they’d finally gotten closer, “There’s more of them. Let’s pause for a moment and take care of that.” He untied Torinasu from his hip and with a simple grip of his hands he had it consecrated once more, “Unless you want to continue digging. I can hold them off while you do.” Either way he rushed forward, teleporting closer to the first hoard in a silent flash of light.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
he lived in a land of ice and snow. she almost stopped digging, he was a god. the god of light. she had put the last piece together. the earth began to move it self which made the digging a good bit easier. they had made a good sized dent in the earth when he asked what she planned on doing with the thing once they found it. "I was going to simply have it to decorate my home but now i have lost the want of having it. For after tonight i do not wish to see another of those mindless meateaters." she answered before he said that more were coming. She climbed out of the hole and looked around. he had them under control as far as she could see so she went back to digging. 

Before long she stopped and climbed out of the hole. "I found it." she yelled and then joined the fight. though it was almost over. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Naota

Character Info
He was eased by the constant sound of her talons against earth. The white noise added a sense of normalcy to this otherwise bizarre situation: fighting off the mindless undead whilst digging for treasure? Now he’d seen everything. Still, this now meant that he wasn’t just fighting for himself, but to make sure she stayed safe in her efforts. She was mighty and formidable by far, but he still needed to do his part to keep them at bay. As he fought them back, his blade resting over his shoulder so that he could send out rays of light and circles of paralysis, he realized that this was likely going to be endless. Their best bet would be to stave them back as much as possible, take this treasure, and leave.

Their hoard grew to a mass, and sweat was beginning to line even his holy brow. Spikes of earth shot up from the ground, impaling many of them through their foreheads to leave them dangling like morbid puppets. Their threadbare clothing reminded him that they had once been living breathing people, only having risen from their graves, and a pit of guilt formed in his stomach. This had to stop, or at least be delayed. Holding the hilt of Torinasu in both hands, he swung out in a great arch; sending a near blinding wave of light and holy magick into the cemetery. Its force was so great it blew many of them back, and resorted a few to dust and ash. At least their bodies were gone and their souls had no more attachment to the mortal world…

She shouted that she’d found their goal, and she aided in the fray just in time. A few stragglers remained, but they were finished off by the duo in no time. His chest rose and fell heavily as he fought to catch his breath. Fingers that were much too calm so soon after a fight, tied the blade back to his hip as he walked to the pit they had dug. She’d made an impressive amount of progress and he stepped down into it. “H-Hold back just a moment…” They still weren’t sure exactly what this thing was, and if it proved to be dangerous or too powerful then he knew at the very least, as a deity, he would be safe in handling it.

He went to his hands and knees, hands pressing into the dirt and feeling a cold smooth surface. He brushed away at the loose soil as much as he could and saw a great shining sheet. It almost appeared to be made of glass, but was much too perfect for that. “You’re right!” he called up to her, “It’s here!” It was bigger than he’d realized and he could tell it went even deeper. Rather than try to pull it up by force, he teleported back to the edge of the pit and looked down, “Your home is going to look quite nice with this should you decide to keep it there after all.” He smiled at her before bringing his hands out. His fingers slowly curled into fists and the white markings on his skin glowed much brighter as he used more of his power than he would have expected to lift it out of the ground.

As it pulled up he was able to see its size: it was the height of him with at least five feet of width and shone with the same aura as the light he held in his chest for tracking it. They glowed in time with each other and he felt instant magnetism towards it. It was a marvel, and beautiful…it pulsed with life and he knew he had to show Angela. He turned towards Vinsue and smiled wider, keeping the great crystal suspended in the air, but his smile faded. He looked down at his chest, the color shifting as if tracking out another…How many of these crystals were in the cemetery? No wonder the dead were coming back to life!

“There’s another one Vinsue…What do you say? One for you, one for me?”

God Rules:
Vinsue

Character Info
she was glad to have the undead no longer coming and laid down beside the hole as to rest a bit while she had a chance. she watched as he climbed into the hole and investigate what she had found. once he knew it was the right thing he teleported out of the hole and started to glow. she looked back in the hole to see a large sheet of glowing crystal being pulled out. it was Beautiful and would for sure make a nice addition to her collection. 
like the first one the call switched to a different place with the same strength and his orb also seemed to detect a different one. one separated they will most likely not have the same effect on the dead. with that thought in mind she smiled. "Sounds good to me." she answered and got up. they would both get what they came for. she looked at the hole as the call showed her and climbed back in it. She started digging in the side of the wall tell her talents again hit something hard. she dug around it for a bit then climbed back out of the hole. She could fill more but she had found what she came for. "There are at least 4 more but one will do more than enough for me" 

Naota

Character Info
His eyes widened as she moved back into the pit they’d made, and he lifted the crystal higher into the air out of reach. He would keep this one, but for now he left it suspended nearly twenty feet above ground so that no one could take it. For good measure, he cast a layer of invisibility over it. Anyone adept at magick would be able to sense the presence of something there, but he was hoping this would only need a brief hiding. She was already quick at work by the time he was finished and he followed her above ground.

As she continued, he cast a wall of protection around them to assure nothing would come scrambling towards them. The sooner they were finished, the better. Her talons made the unmistakable sound of claws against crystal and he visually perked up. She’d found it! From what she said though, she’d found more than just one. Yes, there would need to be a second trip here, preferably with more people. As curious as he was, he knew he wouldn’t remove any more after they got their two: it could offset the balance here. Sure, they animated the dead, but who knew what else they did? For all he knew he might have to replace his one day.

“Stand back as much as you can!” he called to her through the dirt. With that, he rubbed his hands together and readied himself to lift this one out of the ground as well. Having done it once, he was able to pull it out psionically with much more ease, though it was still a good struggle. The earth shook as it peeked out from the ground and slowly rose up into the air like its counterpart.

“Well done Vinsue!” He waited for her to come back out of the ground, but kept the crystal hovering: his hands raised in the air to keep it steady, “I can send this wherever you like. Where do you call home? I can have it there waiting for you.” He smiled towards her, his eyes brighter from excitement. Tonight had been a fruitful one, but he was keen on getting home for a good soak. All of this blood and grime was starting to dry uncomfortably on him and he could only imagine his wife’s face were she to see him like this. She’d scowl at not having been able to join.

“Or I can send it somewhere more neutral if you prefer.” His eyes widened, in his haste and excitement he forgot that one might not be so eager to relay where they lived.

God Rules:
Vinsue

Character Info
she watched as he pulled it out of the hole and was amazed. it was an exact copy of the first and it was the one that had called her. She smiled as he offered to send it home for her but she would rather not. "That's ok, Thanks, but I would prefer to carry it back home." she said as she stood on her hind legs and took hold of the crystal. "Thanks for your help i would not have been able to fight off the dead and dig. But i must go." she spread her wings. "Take care." she said and leaped into the air. She had a filling their paths may cross again and hopped it.

She had a quick flight home and carefully hid her treasure before going out to a river and taking a nice long bath. the grime from the fight had dried onto her tail and it felt gross and sticky and she was more than happy to get rid of it.