Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Nyella Ocean > The road to hell is paved with good intentions and stupidity (P)
Blessed_healer

Character Info
Name: Vicyeth Pettalocks
Alignment: LN
Race: Mermoron
Class: Healer/Adventurer/Proffesional dumbass
Silver: 0
It was too late, Vicyeth didnt respond timely and was caught in the pincer of a giant hermit crab that suddenly came out of the darkness. Fortunatly for her she had a very thin waist and the crab had a curve in the pincer so it just couldnt harm her by slicing the mermoron in half with it's pincer. The beast shook her around violently but instead of being terrified for her life, Vicyeth screeched in glee as she was shook around, of course she thought this was fun, it was like a fun circus ride for her… The beast itself was heavily armored with scales and possibly slightly ressistant against elemental attacks such as fire and ice. The crab was not yet interested in consuming Vicyeth it seems, perhaps he wanted to take care of the other preys that were in front of him…

Ignorance (stupidity) is a blessing and this particular healer is very blessed.
also got a song that suits her pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhK-PdZVjw
Vibrato

Character Info
Name: Gerard di Vervaine
Alignment: CN
Race: Nokken
Class: Bard
Gerard was muttering expletives of all kinds under his breath as a hulking monstrosity of the sea caught Vicyeth like a child grabbing a doll. Her screams did not make him feel any better, despite how much of a thorn in his side she was. Lorelei was swimming about trying to dodge the monster crab's other pincer and attempting to get Vicyeth free. That left him the only one with more than half a brain to get them out of this mess…again. That tough carapace was going to be a serious problem. As they were underwater, that rendered most of his offensive magic ineffective. He had to do something that would affect it indirectly. Seeing they were underwater, lightning was a viable option…if he wanted to send all of them down to the Circles of Infernos. 

He was going to hate himself so much after this was all over. Summoning his sitar from the ether, he called out to Lorelei. "Lorelei! Could you please stop darting about like a betta and get away from that bloody overgrown crustacean?!" The mermaid looked to him with her lip quivering. "But what about Vicyeth? She's stuck and the mean old crab won't let her go!" Trying to not be more condescending than he already was, he reasoned with her. "Yes, but I don't think whatever you're doing is going to convince the crab otherwise, now will it?" Dejected, the blonde mermaid swam over. "Don't look so glum. Didn't you say you wanted to me to perform a duet with you once? Well there's no time like the present, since we're bloody stuffed anyway." As expected, her eyes lit up and she forgot her previous worries. "You remembered! I thought you said you'd never sing with me in a million years!"

"Yes…I did say that." He muttered under his breath. "Well hurry up and start, I'll accompany with the music and join in after." Without further ado, the mermaid began to sing. The sound wasn't dampened by the fact they were underwater. In fact, it was probably worse as it didn't fade out as quickly than on land. Grimacing, he began to play on his enchanted sitar and began to join her in singing. The giant hermit crab's entire focus was on them, which was exactly as he planned. In conjunction with the power of the sitar, he began hypnotizing the colossal crustacean with a siren song–lulling to sleep. Its limbs became heavy, and its grip was loosening on Vicyeth. Its eyes blinked a few times, as the song was taking effect. Then, its eyes closed. The pincer holding Vicyeth let go of her and fell to the ground with a shudder, and Gerard kept singing for a little longer to make sure it was in a deep slumber.

When he saw it was out cold, he stopped playing. "Alright, that's it. We're done." Lorelei whined, "But we didn't even finish the song yet!" Putting the sitar away he got up and refused to heed her pleading. "We're done. It's released the little air-headed fool from its grasp. Now let's go before it wakes up and tries to get all of us."

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Blessed_healer

Character Info
The crab like creatures at first paid little attention to their singing but it soon began to take effect. However with them being underwater it was a little bit suppressed. And on topof thet the hermit crab seemed to be powerfull enough to resist their singing for a while, however when Vicyeth saw that they were singing she giggled out loud and joined them in the singing. Vicyeth was alot closer to the crab so her actually good singing had faster effect, she followed the lead of Gerard rather well though at times she rather spewed out some nonsense than sing actual lyrics. With Vicyeth's singing though the beast went down rather fast and it went through it's legs with a loud thud. When Vicyeth was released from the claw she swam to the head of the crab and poked it. "Hey! Why did our big friend go to sleeep? He was so much fun! It was like Velis doing a dive pitch mid flight when she carries me!"

They headed deeper into the ruin. And deeper in there was some sort of airshaft, no doubt leading to a short land area riddled with traps that wouldnt work underwater. There were a few chimneys that provided fresh air to come in but climbing through them was not an option as they were to narrow. Gerard could fit in the gap of it but not spread his arms to climb, but anyone could fit through if they would hold their arm next to them. Well… That was exactly what a specific bird person did. Her eagle like screaming could be heard as she fell through the chimney and landed on top of Gerard while her feathers filled the room. She sat up and currently all Gerard could do was hope that this harpy was not a moron like his other two companions… His hopes were quickly dashed the moment she opened her mouth. "owowowow…. No injuries? That was my best landing today! YAY… OHHH VICYEEEETH HOW ARE YOUUUU"

also got a song that suits her pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhK-PdZVjw
Vibrato

Character Info
Breaking for air, Gerard and Lorelei surfaced when a screeching harpy descended from on high–landing directly on him. Shoving her off, his lower eyelid began to twitch in irritation. Great, now there were three idiots. He had already surpassed his daily quota of stupidity with Vicyeth and Lorelei, and this third one wasn't making it any better. This clearly was the 'Velis' that the mermoron had mentioned earlier. A birdbrain and two finned fools–this was the last straw. Yelling in frustration, the nokken shouted: "FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY, I AM DONE! THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL OF YOU! ALL OF YOU!!" 

Finally unbottling his suppressed anger and exasperation the temperature took a steep nosedive as the walls and surface of the water began to ice over. For once Lorelei looked terrified, and she ducked halfway underwater away unsure if she should try to calm him down or stay away. "I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU!!! DRAGGING ME DOWN HERE, INTO SOME GOD-FORSAKEN RUIN WITHOUT MY CONSENT, TRAPPING US IN UNTIL THE CIRCLES OF INFERNOS FREEZES OVER!! DID I SAY I WANTED TO COME IN HERE?! NO! BUT YOU NEVER LISTEN!" He continued to rage, the air becoming colder and colder with each rant. It got to the point where icicles were forming at a rapid pace from the ceiling and there was a nearly-completed ice sheet where the three aquatics had come up for air. His fury spent, he was breathing loudly as everything had gone quiet. His short temper had finally burnt down to the end of the wick, and he had exploded. 

Lorelei was wide-eyed, keeping only the top half of her blonde head above the surface. Even she had never seen him be so angry when she had tried to play with him in Jasumin or tell him the fun things she had seen and heard. She had been yelled at before, but not like this. Now she was scared to even make a sound.

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Blessed_healer

Character Info
Vicyeth and Velis both sat down in front of Gerard while he yelled att them, both making puppy faces. One of the few things Vicyeth was rather adept at and Velis apparently was too. They both had wimpering lips and big eyes. It didnt seem they listened very well though because a minute after Gerard was done yelling at them they came at him and hugged him, trapping him between the wetness of Vicyeth and the feathers of Velis and it was not unrealistic Lorelei would join them soon as well. "We're sorry…."

Vibrato

Character Info
Having emptied all of his discontent and frustration, Gerard was enveloped in a three-way idiot-cocoon as he wore the face of someone who just didn't care anymore. He sat there, silently staring into space as the three apologized and failed to read the atmosphere. That outburst had worn him out, burning out any potential sarcasm or biting remarks he normally had at all times. The frost surrounding the area eventually began to melt, returning the place back to normal. He really wouldn't mind if the Reaper decided to take him, right now. Preferably quickly. With his ranting over, the three girls were now free to do whatever they wished–to Gerard's chagrin.

Blessed_healer

Character Info
Teh morons flopped further into the ruin, though Velis seemingly waited for Gerard to follow before following the mermoron. Eventually though, as expected as this was a water ruin there was a large pool that would lead to another underwater segment. They all jumped in but seconds later the airhead came up for air again. She was not a bird and couldnt breathe underwater. She just floated at the surface waiting for someone to help her.

Vibrato

Character Info
Watching the harpy attempt to dive underwater, Gerard let out an exasperated sigh and cast a spell allowing her to breathe water like air. "…There. You now have five minutes before you resume drowning, so make good use of it." All in all, he was being quite generous seeing as he didn't just make an encapsulated air bubble and give it to her. Also it would prevent him from having to deal with finding the nearest air pocket in that case. The further they entered the ruin, the more overgrown the place became. Kelp, sea moss, and general darkness made visibility poor. And with poor visibility came accidents.

Lorelei was feeling tired and wanted to sit down. Unfortunately her 'chair' had one of the arms as a mechanism which moved when put under pressure. Everyone heard the sound of it click when it was pushed, and Gerard's eyes widened with fear and anger. "Lorelei what did you do?!" The mermaid looked over at him puzzled, but before he could continue the ruins began to rumble. This time it was stronger, like everything was going to collapse. The water began to move, and soon a powerful vortex began to suck them in.

With his curses cut short, the four of them were soon caught up into an underwater whirlpool dragging them to an unknown endpoint. The force of the motion was so strong that even the rocks and debris were being picked up, and the world around them became a spinning blur as a loud sound reminiscent of something being flushed echoed through the ruins. Gerard's famous last words for all of them before they went down the tunnel were: "YOU IDIOOOOT–"