Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > The Void > Fate Reforged [Open-R-EVENT]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
"The beasts are probably have already been warned of our presence."  Attie mentally said to the other two, "I'm not the only scout who has been sent to do this. There are others as well. I have no doubt that the second that we stepped into the void, Azhizheth already knew about our plan. I bet the main reason that we haven't had a swarm of monsters after us is the fact that we are ants to him. In his eyes, the biggest problem are the deities and whoever else is immortal. But you two are right, we need to make sure that our attacks on the monsters don't attract too much attention."

Attie sat on the ground and pressed her hand up to her chin, deep in thought. Her mind raced through thousands of different options. There were ideas that involved speed, distraction, magic, or anything else. But few of them would be as effective. She not only had to think about their safety and the information but also about the energy usage that they would have. It was clear that Drake had used up a portion of his energy. And Aidoneus had just escaped from the void! She couldn't afford an overly complicated plan that would drain them. Attie quickly settled on the best idea she had then stood up and looked towards the other two. 

"This is the best plan I've got." She mentally said to the both of them, "I can cast two invisibility spells on Drake and myself. It wouldn't prevent the creatures from smelling us but it would prevent them from seeing us. We can both attack the beasts and see their reaction. Again, we aren't looking to destroy them but instead draw out any hidden abilities that they might have. Aidoneus, you would be in charge of checking for the Eldritch beast packs and wanderers. If there are some coming our way, you can warn us. Since you have the ability to have a ghostly type form, you'd be the one least at risk. If it turns out that a certain boss is too much to handle or that we need some immediate backup, you can lend us a hand and we can retreat to a safe area. What do you two think?" 
Nocturne

Character Info
Name: Aidoneus
Alignment: LG
Race: Eidolon
Class: Summoner
Silver: 0
"Everything we can encounter within these boundaries is indeed bound to Azhizheth, yes. From what I have gathered, he had overrun this city eons ago and thus further entrenched himself here." Aidoneus clarified, taking care to emphasize that the Void was not so small that it could be overtaken like an earthly kingdom. There was discomfort from Drake when the man attempted to identify the sentinels according to his usual fashion, his unease stemming from his feelings towards the unknown. "Aidoneus. Where do you draw your strength from?" The man asked him. And to that he answered frankly: "The power of my essence comes from the Void. We were born from the Void, and to the Void we shall return unto the Origin. The Origin, the place from which all eidolons first emerged." It was difficult to explain it to beings who possessed static physical forms. "One could say we ourselves are manifestations of power given consciousness." After all, was that not why others from another plane would call upon them in hopes of being granted favor?

Attie voiced her suspicions of their presence being already fully known to the Horror, something that he was in full agreement. Its malignant touch was upon every beast and being that fell to its sway, willing or not. The very ruins themselves were pulsing with that same aura, deeply steeped in its influence. It was frightening to hear how little the Horror regarded these people who were sacrificing themselves just to stay alive. Even the creatures under its command were seen as disposable, something easily replaced. To Aidoneus, a being who saw the smallest insect in the same light as the highest noble–this mindset was beyond terrifying. If it deemed anything was worth less than itself, then what was stopping it from destroying everything?

Attie continued forward with her initial goal of collecting information, a dangerous endeavor nonetheless. She informed them both that she would mask Drake and herself visually to safeguard against being seen, to test their reactions to being attacked by an invisible threat. His role was to act as watchman for creatures who could hunt without sight. He was in the best position to alert them to danger, and he accepted the role. "I am in full agreement with your determined course. Although I would prefer to have all untainted by the Horror to leave these ruins as soon as they are able, we cannot pass up opportunities when they are given. There might not be such a chance ever again." Right away he became fully ethereal, still visible to the naked eye. Once Drake made his decision, Aidoneus would follow.

I am fond of them, of the inferior beings of the abyss, of those who are full of longing…