Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Highlands > Flawed Beauty [R][P]
FlawedBeauty

Character Info
Name: Kiyomi Katsu Silverstein
Alignment: CG
Race: Cursed Fox
Class:
Silver: 1501
Rude Awakening

Emrick sighed as he watched his friend leave. One day they would tell Kat, but today wasn't the day. Heading bath to the castle, he made his way towards Kiyomi's room. When he got there he walked right in without knocking.. His assistant, the feather duster, flew beside him. "Start the bath," he told Aurora while he opened the drapes to the morning sun.

Kiyomi sat up with a start to find Emrick by the window. "Mr. Emrick. What are you–" She started to ask but was cut off by him. "You need to bathe Kiyomi. I'll wash the blankets. Hopefully, I get them done before your mother wakes." Kiyomi grabbed her robe that was on the nightstand and put it on to get out of bed. "Before you ask why. It's because you smell like Constantine. If your mother finds out. Who knows what she will do. In her eyes, you are still that baby girl from the ship. And I don't want anything to happen to Constantine. It wouldn't be good for either of you. Now, Aurora is getting your bath going. Go." After he spoke, Kiyomi understood what he was saying and did what she was told.

Laying in the tub full of flowers, her eyes stared at the ceiling. Her heartfelt worried, she didn't want to keep Constantine and herself a secret. But she understood why. After what happened to Kiyomi, her mother wasn't ready; Even if her daughter was.

"Your playing with fire, madam." The voice that came from above her was the feather duster. "I know. But… stupid and naive as this sounds. I love him. I am not a child anymore. And I hope one day she sees that. Instead of keeping me locked away in this castle." Kiyomi dropped her hands into the tubs warm water and held herself. "Your mother might be hard. But she is a caring and kind woman who understands. She is just worried about you. I don't know what happened, but she does and she doesn't want it to happen again." Aurora sighed and left the fox alone with her thoughts.

The eldest child couldn’t think of anything but Constantine. She needed to see him as soon as she could. “I know I shouldn’t care if mother found out. But if she did, she would hurt him, or go too far as to kill him. No… No, she wouldn’t. Fuck, she is pregnant. Maybe she would.” Kiyomi sighed as she tried to push the thought’s away. She had seen her mother pregnant, twice. Her patience was thin, and her temper was at an all-time high. Not with her daughter’s personality, but Kiyomi didn’t want to be the first.

Standing from the tub, she grabbed her robe and left her bathing room. When she was in her room, her eyes looked at the same outfit she usually wore. With a smile, she went to her closet; she wanted something different. The fox girl chose a dress; a long floor length cotton dress. The dress went up in a love v and tied behind her neck. It had no sleeves and a gold leaf belt that tied right at her center stomach. The back was low, showing her entire back skin.

A smile lined her lips as she looked in the mirror. Looking side to side, she stared at her hair. She wanted to do something new then keep it straight and down. “I need some pins..” She thought to herself as she went to her vanity. After a few minutes, her hair was pinned up and down, a soft braid on the side of her head. Her hair was now up and down with some curls. “There,” she said with a smile.

New

Finally finishing, she slipped on her black flats and walked out of her room. She was so used to her heeled boots, she couldn’t get over how awkward her feet felt. Pushing the thoughts away, the fox girl headed down to breakfast.

“My dear! Look at you!” Katerina's eyes lit up when she saw her daughter enter the dining room. Her eyes weren’t the only ones to light up. Constantine was standing quiet on the far end of the room. He looked over Kiyomi and wish he could say she was beautiful. “Thanks, mom. You don’t need to make any fuss.” Kiyomi blushed and sat down at the table. “I do. You’ve been wearing that same brown outfit for weeks. I love the look.” Reaching over, she laid her hand on Kiyomi’s. “I like the change. That’s all I am saying. Are you going riding in those clothes?” Katerina asked, hoping she could have a morning with her daughter.

“No, I think a walk in the garden will do me good. Besides Winter probably would like a break.” Kiyomi smiled and started to eat her food. “Your grandmother returns today. She said she has so many presents for all of you. And I would like to share the amazing new’s with her.” Katerina smiled and laid a hand on her stomach. Nikolaus moved him as well over her new growing belly.

After some talk after breakfast. Everyone left to do what they wanted. “I think it’s time to teach you girl’s how to ride,” Nikolaus said on the way out of the dining room. “Yay!” Eva and Guinevere jumped for joy then skipped out to the stables. “Can you help me get their horses with me, Constantine?” Nikolaus asked over his shoulder. “Yes, sir.” The other vampire nodded and followed them out the door. “MOMMY! Come watch us!” Guinevere called from the two large doors.

With a smile at Kiyomi, she waved and walked out the large doors. Kiyomi sighed and turned down the long hallway towards the ballroom. Today, she would be the only one in the garden. Freya and Priscilla went up to the library, and Annette went to the training room.

The fox girl made her way through the large double doors towards the garden. It was so green and fresh outside, that Kiyomi walked to the stone railing and closed her eyes. The birds were chirping and the fountain was making a soothing sound. Opening her eyes, Kiyomi went down the steps and started to walk the paths in the garden.

Kiyomi had only walked a few minutes in the garden, she was now a few yards away. With a flower in her hand, she glanced up to see Constantine. A smile liked her lips as she walked over to him. “I thought you had duties to attend to?” She asked while leaning back on the tree beside him.

“And they are finished.”
The vampire said while leaning towards her. His hand came up to hold her waist and they both closed their eyes. “You look beautiful.” He whispered against her lips. “Thank you.” Her voice was breathless while her hands moved up his chest to his hair and pulled him to her. Their kiss filled with passion like all the kisses before.

“Well! This is marvelous!” The candle slid over to them, a smile on his metals. His sudden voice made the two jumps apart in fear for a moment. “Lumiere! You gave me a fright.” Kiyomi put her hand on her chest and breathed in deep. “Why! This amazing! You have found happiness, both of you have! When is the wedding?! The children! OH! You must have white flowers with-” Kiyomi held up her hand to stop him. “There is no wedding Lumiere. And you better not tell mama!” She stepped over to the candlestick as he frowned. “I understand, m’lady.” He slumped and started to walk away. “I came to fetch you because your grandmother will arrive shortly."

Kiyomi perked up hearing about this. Her grandmother made her smile. “I’ll see you later, Constantine.” With a wave to him, she ran up the path towards the castle.

-No one is safe from nature's savagery, not even the innocent. Only beauty is constant.-
DarkProtector

Character Info
Name: Constantine Stormcrow
Alignment: TN
Race: High Vampire
Class: Protector of the Silversteins
Silver: 1915
(OOC: I do not own this song. Credit: The Wolven Storm by Karliene)

To Sing a Love Song

Constantine sighed as he started to walk up towards the side of the castle. It was his job to great the guests, and he wasn’t one to like the Silverstein Grandmother. She was bossy and thought she was higher than everyone else. A sigh left his lips thinking about Kiyomi, Kalena wasn’t what he described with her grandchildren. That was when Grandmother Wolf was king, gentle, and genuinely happy.

When he reached the front of the castle, he saw the carriage and pushed open the wooden gates. He had to suppress a smile when he saw Kiyomi standing with her family near the front steps of the castle. She looked more beautiful than ever today. He felt his manhood twitch at the thoughts of her. “Dammit.” He thought to himself and pushed the thoughts away.

The vampire closed the gates and walked over to the carriage. Nikolaus was the one to open the door and hold his hand out to Kalena. “Welcome home.” He said with a smile towards the eldest of the family. The grandmother nodded with a smile as well. As soon as her eyes landed on her girls, her smile grew wider. “Girls! How I missed you!” She said while opening up her arms to the two youngest girls. “Nena!!!!” Eva and Gwen ran up and hugged her. Kalena hugged them both and kissed their heads.

Seeing her oldest grand kids, she smiled and hugged them both one at a time. “Well. Look at you! You're going to have all the men running after you, darling.” Kalena stopped at Kiyomi and held her hands while she looked her up and down. “If you don’t already.” She said with a wink and looked at the two vampires and storm wolf. “Grandmother! Please. You must be famished. Let's get you in for some refreshments.” Katerina tried not to roll her eyes at Kalena’s words to her daughter. “Yes! I need some water at once!” She commented before walking up the steps.

“Constantine and Emrick, the chest please,” Nikolaus said as he grabbed one himself. The vampires did as he asked and walked up to the steps of the castle.

“Please, put the biggest chest here.” The grandmother pointed to the spot near here by the couch she sat on. “Thank you,” She said to Constantine. “Now. Presents!” She leaned down to her two youngest grand kids with a smile and passed out their gifts.

Kiyomi had taken a seat across from the sofa, Annette and Freya with her. Kalena had got each a gift that was special to them; Annette received a new dagger, Freya present was a book of stories, Priscilla a new notebook, Eva a new dress, and Gwen received a doll. She even got the cousins new dresses. Constantine watched as the gifts were passed out to each one. He was mostly curious what the fox received. Kiyomi was handed an instrument. “Come! Play us a song, my dear Kiyomi.” Requested the grandmother.

The fox girl smiled, clearing her throat and laying the guitar like an instrument in her lap. She tested the strings then started to play.

At first you only heard the sound of the instrument, the her voice joined the cords. “These scars long have yearned for your tender caress. To bind our fortunes, damn what the stars own. Rend my heart open, then your love profess. A winding, weaving fate to which we both atone…” Her voice filled the room as everyone became silent. Constantine’s eyes were  glued to her. “You flee my dream come the morning. Your scent - berries tart, lilac sweet. To dream of raven locks entwisted, stormy. Of violet eyes, glistening as you weep…” Her eyes looked up around the room as she sang. Soon her eyes landed on Constantine towards the back of the room. For a moment, everything melted away and it was just the two of them. She wanted to continued to stare but moved to another, she didn't want her mother to notice. “I know not if fate would have us live as one. Or if by love's blind chance we've been bound. The wish I whispered when it all began. Did it forge a love you might never have found?…” Kiyomi finished off the song she had once heard long ago. Her eyes looked back at Constantine for just a moment then back at her family.

Once she finished and put her instrument down her, everyone clapped. Constantine stood stumped for a moment. He couldn’t move, couldn’t turn his gaze from her. He was speechless. “Come.” His friend’s whisper broke his trance and dragged Constantine off out of the living area. Once they are outside, Emrick just about through his friend out into the courtyard. “Are you two mad!? Let’s hope her mother didn’t notice who she was staring at. If that isn’t a declaration of love, I don't know what is!” Emrick paced for a moment as he scolded his friend.  Constantine knew he needed to listen to Emrick. The vampire who usually was calm and collected, was aggravated and worried.

"I’ll speak to her later.”
He said as he started to walk off towards the gates. “No, you won't. You will not see her for the next few days. You have seen too much of each other, and someone will notice!” Emrick put his hands on his hips and stood his ground. His fellow vampire sighed. “Fine. Can you speak to her for me then… So she doesn’t think….” Constantine would follow his friend’s instruction, only if he did this one thing. “Alright. I will. Now go.” Emrick agreed.

Constantine sighed and walked out of the courtyard gates. He needed to patrol, and hopefully find something to kill.

The next few days, he tried to stay out of the castle. The only time he saw her was from her windowsill at night. They stared at each other until Kiyomi fall asleep there. With reluctance, he would have to leave to patrol. He needed to have his mind on other things.

FlawedBeauty

Character Info
Name: Kiyomi Katsu Silverstein
Alignment: CG
Race: Cursed Fox
Class:
Silver: 1501
A Plan

Kiyomi laid in bed one morning, her eyes looking at the ceiling. “Stupid.” She said aloud then sat up to toss the blankets off her. She went straight to the closet. The fox girl knew it was a dumb idea to sing that song to her family. It was a song about her and Constantine. She remembered hearing it long ago on her travels with Katerina. The young girl hopped her mother didn’t notice her love for the vampire at that moment. She wanted nothing but to see him once more.

Grabbing her clothes, she put some black tight pants, boots, a white v neck button down, and her dark blue jacket. Her jacket had gold stitching along with some floral design on the sides and back and arms. The final touch was her hair; just a simple ponytail.

The fox girl knew that this conversation wasn’t going to go over well. Walking down the stairs, she saw her mother about to walk into the dining room. “Mom,” Kiyomi called out and caught her attention. “Sweetheart?” Katerina looked over her daughter's clothes curiously. “Why are your riding clothes on?” The Mother Wolf stepped towards her daughter.

“I want to go to the city for a few days,” Kiyomi said the words that she knew her mother wasn’t going to like. “No. After what happen last time, absolutely not. It’s a good idea.” Katerina’s face showed all the worry she was feeling. “I learned my lesson the first time mother. I am not a child anymore, mom. If I want to go out, let me. The fox put a hand on her mother’s arm and she sighed. “If it will make you feel any safer. Send someone along with me who can protect me. And preferably not try to sleep with me.” Kiyomi said and took a glance over to Calder. Katerina laughed a bit at her daughter’s words.“Okay." Katerina agreed, reluctantly. "Let me think over breakfast. Eat then go pack, and I’ll have someone waiting for you.” With a nod, Kiyomi smiled brightly. She knew exactly who her mother was going to choose.

As she entered the dining room, she flashed a smile at Constantine then took her seat and began to eat.

After, she ran up the stairs and began to pack her bag. Her last items were her weapons. Her bow and arrows, and her two daggers she attached to her back.

She said her goodbyes and laughed when her sisters grew sad. “It’s only a few days.” She said then smiled at them. Kiyomi was surprised that her sister's didn't try to come with. Instead, most wanted to stay home. Annette on the other hand was going on her own adventure in a few days. 

When she got to her mother at the door, she smiled. “Thanks for trusting me, Mama.” Kiyomi hugged her mother and it seemed like Katerina didn’t want to let her go. “Of course I do. I am just worried about you, my love. The last ti-” Kiyomi put up her hand to stop her Mother speaking. “Mom. Please, let us forget that happened. I know what to do now and I am sure whoever you chose will keep me safe. Even though I am a woman now and you have trained me well.” With one last hug, Kiyomi looked at her mother with reassurance. “Alright. I love you. Stay safe.” Replying that she loved her mother too, Kiyomi headed out the door, followed by her family.

-No one is safe from nature's savagery, not even the innocent. Only beauty is constant.-
DarkProtector

Character Info
Name: Constantine Stormcrow
Alignment: TN
Race: High Vampire
Class: Protector of the Silversteins
Silver: 1915

Just One More Day

A few days away from the fox were long for the vampire. He kept on with his duties but kept wanting to see her. He knew that needed these few days apart so neither of them would slip up. But the days just seemed to drag on for Constantine. A sigh left him as he sat up from the bed. It was another day he would have to stay away from Kiyomi. “Hopefully the last.” He thought to himself as he got up from the bed.

It was normal attire for the vampire that day. He wasn’t one for changing it up when he didn’t have to. After he dressed he headed out for his morning patrol. It was clear and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The wolves kept the borders mostly safe from travelers or dangers. Many people didn’t like seeing a pack of wolves near them or the howling. The sun soon rose up into the sky, and he needed something to eat.

Constantine made his way to the castle and into the kitchen. The stove was cooking the morning breakfast for the Silversteins and Emrick was helping him. On the center of the counter were a pitcher and mug. “Thanks,” said Constantine as he filled the mug with the blood from the pitcher. “You mope around like a sad puppy,” Emrick said as he put the biscuits into the bowl.

The vampire narrowed his eyes at his friend and took a sip of his drink. “Shut it.” With that, he finished his drink and slammed the mug down. “Constantine,” Emrick said his name and sighed. “Just wait at least one more day, okay? We don’t want anyone suspicious of you two.” The butler whispered over to his friend, so no one could hear. “I know. I know.” The Protector grabbed some plates of food and started to set the table. Once finished, he took his place by the door. The family started to come into the dining room and take their seats at the table.

When he saw Kiyomi, he saw the smile on her face and he tried not to smile at her. He wanted to but the mother came in right behind Kiyomi. He suppressed a sigh and tried to think of other things but Kiyomi.

The Request

Once the family filed out of the room, Katerina stayed. She didn’t speak until Emrick left the room with some of the dishes. Constantine went over to the table to grab some as well. “You will accompany my daughter to the city.Standing from the table, she looked at Constantine. “If I hear that you tried anything….. Just remember that goes for all of my daughters. Now. Get everything you need and ready the horses. I will have Emrick pack some food and blood.” Katerina didn't say anything else but walked out of the room towards the kitchen.

“Which daughter?”
The vampire was confused for a moment but went on his way to the kitchen. He set down the plates and headed out to his cabin. He packed just a few things and left, locking up and heading back to the castle.

As soon as he got the horses ready, he heard a footstep. Turning around he saw Emrick. “Thanks.” Said the vampire as he took the bag of goods and tied onto his saddle. “Which daughter do you think it is? Katerina was very veg on the subject.” Emrick asked as he tied the bag onto Winter’s saddle. “How do you know it's Kiyomi?” he asked while he nodded at the horse. “I don’t, she is just the best horse for travel, so is Tommy Boy,” Constantine said while he patted the dark brown horse's neck. The vampire still hoped it was Kiyomi.

While they lead the horses out, Constantine saw Kiyomi walk down from the steps. He could tell she was trying not to smile at him; he was doing the same. He would be escorting her to the city. The vampire didn’t know how he stayed calm and collected at that moment. Emrick helped Kiyomi onto her horse while Constantine got onto his.

“Stay safe! Have fun!” The girls called with a smile and a wave. Kiyomi could tell Katerina was forcing her smile. “Bye guys!” The fox called while putting her hood on. With that, the two rode out of the castle and off the grounds.

Then they reached the border, Kiyomi slowed her horse. She lined her horse up with Constantine’s to lean over and kiss him. “Kiyomi..” He whispered against her lips then they both rode off.

Return to Forum?

Lock Picture

This thread is password protected.

Please enter a password to continue.

Show Password?