Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Marked for Death [P][R]
Ciara

Character Info
Name: Ciara
Alignment: CN
Race: Fae
Class: Noble/Bard
Silver: 1659
She could hear the so noise of cultists shouting throughout the tunnels, trying to get to them as fast as possible. They didn't seem to know where they were but they did know where the sound was coming from. Though she was tempted to use her panpipes and confuse the cultists further, she had a feeling doing so may lead any of the more intelligent members to them. The risk was too great to take. Instead she just followed Hans through the tunnel until they finally made it to the surface again. The warm sun falling onto her face was appreciated and she was delighted at the sight of shoddy homes stretched out along the streets. They had been in the wealthier side of Mamlak earlier so she could only assume this was another exit from the tunnels, different from the one they'd entered. 

"Finally! My feet were starting to get sore from all that running."
She complained. 

If she had bothered to wear shoes, perhaps her feet wouldn't have been as sore. Ciara suddenly flopped onto the shoulder of the knight, worn out by the walking and the amount of magic she had used. Any other day she would have been just fine but she had been traveling all that morning and had been using her spells. The cultists were less of a concern now despite the fact they still lived. They were dumb, but not dumb enough to kidnap anybody in broad daylight or to start any fights. The Mamlak guards were not a joke to be messing around with, unless you were fae. 

"Since you helped me so much, I'll give you a piece of advice. As a gift." Ciara stated, "Don't tell strangers your name unless you have to. Creatures like me could use your name against you. But don't worry darling. I'm one of the nicer fae." 

Technically speaking, accepting a gift from a fae was equally dangerous. However, she was too tired to enslave others at the moment. Besides she liked non-fae individuals. They were so much fun to play with!

Hans Grish

Character Info
Name: Hans Grish
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Knight of the Raven (Paladin)
Silver: 126
Although few moments earlier, Hans would curse the terrible sun of Mamlak, now he was grateful to see it once more even if it already started to get rather hot in his armour. Still, they are now safe so he seathed his sword and hid his shield arm under his cloak, where they disappeared in the same way as they appeared. And he did so just in time because no sooner has he disarmed himself, the lady with whom he escaped from the tunnels flopped unto his shoulder. Hans stiffened in surprise and costernation, his face flushing red, not from heat that came pouring down from the sky. He was so embarrassed that he barely managed to register what she was saying to him at this moment. It didn't help that he was also thinking on how to proceed from here on now. It was clear to Hans that they needed to alert the authorities, since although they managed to escape and possibly thart their rituals now, there is no saying they wouldn't find other victims. Adding to that, they should alert those authorities now, since he was sure that the cult would relocate somewhere else if they weren't fast enough. Still his thought process was somewhat derailed when Ciara just decided to flop on him like that, though he managed to recover enough to speak his mind.

- "Ah…uhhh…thank you for your advice?" - He said sheepishly not quite understanding what was going. Namely the the name thing? How would someone knowing his name would work against him? He wasn't a demon, so someone knowing his name shouldn't grant any power over him to them, right? And what on earth are fea? - "But uhhhh…sorry to ask this of you, since you seem rather tired but I think we need to go see some guards and alert them of this cult, post haste. I doubt that leaving them as they are now will be in favor of this city's overall health and prosperity." - He explained as he looked around the area, trying to memorise it so they could lead guards here once they found some - "Now…uhh can you walk on your own? My lady? Or do you need…some uhm…help?" - He asked feeling his face burning up from embarrassment - "Also…if I may ask while we go find some guard…what are fea?"
Ciara

Character Info
Name: Ciara
Alignment: CN
Race: Fae
Class: Noble/Bard
Silver: 1659
The most surprising thing about this stranger was his clear confusion on her advice. He clearly didn't understand what she meant by it and it gave her pause. Was this person from another world? Such a person was extremely rare but Ciara had lived long enough to see it once before. Even children understood the meaning of the fae. Fairytales and recent stories combined are rampant across Revaliir. Then he talked about going to the guards to alert them of the cult. That idea was… less interesting to Ciara. She and the guards weren't on the friendliest of terms after the mountain chicken rampage. They wouldn't attack her but they would keep an eye on her once they found out the fae woman was in the city. Just as she was thinking of making a great escape while still leaning on the knight, she noticed how awkward Hans was. His speech patterns were broken up and there was an aura of both confusion and embarrassment. THIS would be worth it. 

"Oh, I'm afraid I cannot walk. You simply must carry me." She said dramatically, "All that magic has drained me completely." 

The fae woman could walk but she chose instead to lean on Hans like she was desperately clinging for a pillar to hold herself up. She had a feeling he would be very kind and help her out. Then there was his other question. What were the fae? Ciara pondered for a moment on the best way to describe her kind. There were so many words and yet there was none that could quickly describe her kind. 

"I am fae." She began, "A fae can look like anybody or anything. We live for long periods of time and we tap directly into the stream of magic itself for our powers. Words and names also bring us power. We are the best with parties and celebrations. And if you have a fae for a host, it is a guarantee you will be treated well. Any humans who attend our parties end up staying for eternity!" 

Everything important to Ciara was listed out, though it was still a fairly shoddy explanation. Despite her matter-of-fact attitude and years of being fae, there was still an unknown quantity about her own kind. Where they came from and why they were there, a mystery for any fae. Then there was the fact that most humans typically didn't want to party for eternity, a concept that was beyond Ciara and many other fae. 

"Lets see what else… Oh! Most people like to depict us as pixies. Pixies are tiny people, the size of your thumb, who often have wings on their backs. Depending on the type of pixie, you might end up with a nice sweetheart or a vicious little creature that likes to steal your toes." Ciara explained further with a cheery smile.