Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > An encounter with Death [P, R]
Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Name: Nelanna R. Fox
Alignment: TG
Race: Elf
Class: Former Warden of the Wilds
Silver: 407
Initially Nelanna had come to Mamlak only to accompany Kohaku during his shopping spree, but it seemed there wasn’t much to buy. Since Kohaku’s gardens all wilted away he figured he could buy the herbs and ingredients he needed from a store…however, even there the food was no good. The two were starting to get concerned, often sharing brief worried glances whenever they saw customers complaining about the rotten food, and homeowners as well as florists fretting over their precious flowers. It was so odd, keeping Nelanna’s mind busy as she desperately tried to figure out what was going on. She supposed it was something that required some investigating. Whatever was causing the plants to die needed to stop before things got out of hand. But first, she may pick Zanar’s brain before anything else. As a deity, perhaps he knew things she didn’t.

They searched every store in town, spending hours to find fruits, vegetables and herbs that were still good. Only a few were spotted, which Kohaku took advantage of and bought before the chance was lost. He planned on using every bit of it that very night, unsure of how much longer they would remain alive and good enough to use. He started speaking again, but the words were drowned out as Nelanna’s mind locked onto something else. There was a woman walking out of a flower shop, wearing the face of the defeated and discouraged. She picked up the open sign laying against the window and turned it over so that it said closed. Nelanna glanced through the window, brow furrowing with sympathy once she spotted the dying flowers. It was putting the woman out of business…

“Nelanna?” She snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at Kohaku. He was watching with a raised brow. “Huh?” She asked. “I said you and Cecil can come over for dinner, if you would like,” he glanced down at his groceries. “What I have isn’t much, but it is more than what I can eat alone. I would like to get it all eaten before it can go bad, like everything else.” Nelanna smiled softly with an understanding nod. “We would like that very much, thank you. Besides, I’m certain Cecil likes your cooking better than mine,” she giggled playfully. Her cooking wasn’t necessarily bad per say, but Kohaku had far more experience than her, so his cooking skills have been sharpened to perfection.

Suddenly, movement caught Nelanna’s eyes. She glanced up ahead a few feet and beamed when she noticed Ensarrian walking out of an inn. His hands were in his pockets, eyes glancing ahead with a distant look in them. “Good evening, Ensarrian,” she greeted. He looked over at her, seemingly in a daze for the first few moments. Then she could see realization perk him up. “Evening already?” He almost groaned. “That’s right,” said Kohaku. “Don’t tell me you have been sleeping all day?” Ensarrian yawned and shrugged lightly, averting his gaze. “I had nothing better to do.” Nelanna shook her head slightly with an amused smile. “If you are looking for something to keep you busy you can join Kohaku and I,” she offered. He looked back at her, eyes skimming up and down the duo before raising a brow, “What are y’all doing?”

“Shopping,” Kohaku answered nonchalantly. “Well, as best as we can,” Nelanna added. “Most everything seems to be…rather dead.” Ensarrian stared at them, unblinking as if he were thinking about it, but then released a light sigh. “Sure, why not. Again, I don’t have anything better to do.” Nelanna smiled warmly and started walking again, leading the two towards the town clearing. The large fountain came into view, the clearing bustling with couples, children and singles. It warmed Nelanna’s heart to see everyone so happy, completely ignoring the odd looks from those who noticed her appearance. Still she wore her signature green coat with her usual hooded cloak taken from Zanar’s rangers. Her bow clung around her torso with a quiver filled with various arrow types. Lastly, she was proud to finally bring her beloved Champion gift to show, Fenrir and Garm. As proud as she was to have them, she severely hoped she would never have to put them to use.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
The Reaper moved towards the clearing in which the fountain stood, happy couples wandering about, blissfully enjoying their day with no inkling as to what horrors were about to befall them. Though everything in her appearance suggested that this was, in fact, the Reaper, there was something slightly unsettling about her appearance. Dalanesca’s eyes, which usually appeared as an incredibly bright, icy blue in color, were deep pools of black. Her head was tilted awkwardly to one side, and she moved with stiff motions, as though she were jerking her limbs forward and fluttering through time in brief steps. The air around her seemed distorted, as though she had cast some sort of warding magic.

With each stiff step the Reaper took towards the clearing, her lips curled into a more sinister sneer. In one hand, she held clutched a bit of rope that was secured to a large burlap sack, dragging on the ground behind her. Some sort of liquid seemed to be seeping out of the bag, leaving a dark red streak in its wake.

Strangely, it seemed that the townfolk meandering near the fountain paid no mind to the deity in their midst – perhaps she was not drawing enough attention to herself, even with her staggered movements and odd luggage in tow. This seemed to work to her advantage, as she found a small area off to one side where no one was located.

It was here that she lugged the burlap sack forward to her side and dumped its contents upon the ground, muttering a strange word which caused a bit of distortion around her. If anyone were to try to peek at what she was doing, they wouldn’t see a thing, albeit only for a brief moment.

When the distortion lifted only a few moments later, Dalanesca had her back to the contents of the bag that had been strewn on the ground, her sinisterly smiling face pointed towards the inhabitant’s of the fountain’s clearing. ”People of Mamlak – let me show you my masterpiece,” she said, her voice commanding and almost sounding as though it were peppered with something malicious and other-worldly. She stepped to one side, gesturing towards the arrangement she had made behind her.

The bag had apparently contained a number of body parts – heads, legs, arms, torsos – that had been brutally severed from one another. The Reaper had arranged them in a strange fashion, almost as in a spiral on the ground, with a stack of torsos at the center. It was meticulously planned out, in a fashion that clearly meant something – but that something was certainly unknown.

”Something is missing!” she exclaimed, as the onlookers who had now turned their attention to her looked on in terrified realization as they began to see what it was that this goddess had done. With a swift movement, Dalanesca shot forward, grabbing one of the men closest to her, snatching him right away from the woman with whom he walked. ”You’ll do nicely,” she said, taking him by each shoulder – and with another viciously quick movement, she ripped his arms clean from his body.

The man’s fell to his knees, blood spurting from the severed wounds where his arms had once connected, letting out a horrible shriek. She let out a soft giggle and thrust her booted foot into his chest, knocking him backwards. She stepped forward, placing her foot on the center of his chest, her back to his face, and leaned forward, taking one of his legs in her hands. With a clean pull, that too dislodged itself from his body and the goddess let out a shriek of delight. Quickly, she took the three limbs, leaving the man bleeding on the ground, and turned to place them upon the spiral, completing the last arm. ”Much better,” she said, turning to look at the crowd with her deep, abysmal eyes.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Name: Nelanna R. Fox
Alignment: TG
Race: Elf
Class: Former Warden of the Wilds
Silver: 407
As Nelanna and her two familiars stood in the clearing, they noticed a strong aura arrive. Nelanna knee the presence of a deity from being around Zanar so much, but this one was different. She couldn’t quite figure out how, though. Spotting the deity was simple; she was dragging a large bad that leaked an unknown liquid. It was in that moment that both Kohaku and Ensarrian stiffened, exchanging glances of alarm and fear. The two natural born beasts could smell the reeking of blood, but this was unknown to their Master. “I don’t think we should stay any longer,” suggested Kohaku. Nelanna raised her brow at them, the fear coming from their connection making her wonder what she was missing. “I second that,” Ensarrian agreed.

The woman stopped and started doing something with the bag, though Nelanna couldn’t see at first. Kohaku and Ensarrian both had wide eyes of horror once they finally saw the gruesome display. “What the hell…” Ensarrian muttered. “We must leave, now.” Kohaku took Nelanna’s hand and started to guide her away. She was too stunned, too horrified to object. Until there was an outbreak of screams after they turned away. One scream, one of a man in pain, caught her attention. She snapped out of her stupor and looked back. A man lied on the ground with missing limbs, blood pooling around him.

Her eyes widened like saucers, her heart stopping and blood freezing. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing… but that was all she needed to regain herself and spring into action. “Nelanna!” She ignored Kohaku’s cry and rushed to the man’s side, dropping to her knees. “Hand in there. I will get you help.” Immediately she used healing magic to stop the bleeding the best she could, then she opened a portal and sent him through it. It would take him far out of harms way, where a great healer can help him. She just hoped she wasn’t already too late. Once the portal closed, she clenched her fists and jaw.

Nelanna stood and turned to the woman with a furious glare. If she hadn’t turned away she could have saved the man’s limbs, but she knew she wasn’t entirely to blame. Looking over the woman, the Champion noticed something was odd about her, but her anger was too great for her to care. “Nelanna,” Kohaku stepped in, standing between the women. “I know what you are thinking, and it is a very bad idea. She is the Goddess of Death. You cannot possibly hope to challenge her.” Nelanna blinked. The Goddess of Death? This is the woman Mirannda is the Champion of? No way. That couldn’t possibly be! Mirannda was a good person, she would never be with someone so evil. Would she?

Either way, this woman must be stopped. “I don’t care. I cannot allow her to continue killing and harming innocent people. I will not allow this injustice!” She raises her hands behind her head and pulled Fenrir and Garm from their sheaths. Fenrir’s blue blade emanated an icy chill while Garm was smoldering with heat. She lifted the red blade and pointed it at Dalanesca. “I will fight all off the Gods if need be,” she added to Kohaku. He shared a worried glance with Ensarrian. They knew they could not win the fight, but they also knew that Nelanna could not be swayed.

So, Kohaku took his place at Nelanna’s side and drew his katanas, while Ensarrian also stood bravely at her other side.