Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Augury [P]
Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
The blades flew quickly and Randal could feel the frostbite on his hand grow further up his arm with the searing pain, he looked back at Wen watching the mud ball fly past him but the spectral blade cut her slightly without even thinking he sprinted to her side allowing a wall of rock to rise from the ground protecting her from the rest of the volley of knives before drawing a symbol on her forehead glowing dark blue "I just placed an Arcane Empower on you, hopefully, that will allow enough time for you to get out of here" he rested his head againsts her's as the sudden searing pain grew more as his mana was taken fueling the Dryads, he felt the heat flood over his makeshift wall as the man's attack hit.

His breath seemed heavy as he stood up from the ground, the cloud of his breath floated away from his body even his movements seemed sluggish as he walked around the wall with his hands in the air "You truly have bested us, all I ask is that I shake the hand of the man who beat me" his hand glowed a faint blue fully aware he was going to try a mind rot the man without hesitation to stop his onslaught and to protect the two people behind the wall of rock.

On the other side of the brick-like structure, Edgest opened his eyes to be face to face to Elowen his eyes opening wide at the symbol on her forehead "Why is that brat giving you my mana", "Dont say this is his plan to stop that scum" his form shimmered in and out of sight infront of the Dryad every so often his face would appear to have a large frown showing his displeasure of being connected temporarily with the Forest being, "However that does mean he is somehow still concious after all that pain…"

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
The Dryad's attemp to calm Silanus were in vain; he was now in an unhinged condition, blinded by brute rage. "You ARE a nymph. You ARE a goddess. And YOU didn't protect your devotee from a wicked, sinful cryomancer and his PET!" he exclaimed, his words full of fury. "Not even an hour since we met and I saved both of your LIVES. And THIS is my reward?!?!"" Although his magical mana was running low, his malign outrage allowed him to keep attacking. If it was not for the stone wall, his three foes would have been turned to ashes almost inmediately.

As Silanus attacked, he saw a brown sphere flying towards him. Mud?! Without hestitation, he slashed the ball and cut it on half… Nevertheless, the enchanted mud splashed all over him. The sleeping spell was weakened, but it still made the general feel drowsy and lethargic. "Is… This a joke? M-mud? How… Funny…!" He said, with an exhausted voice, yet full of indignation. "I swear, in the name of my Ancestors…"

Silanus' limbs felt heavier. His lack of energy was doubled by the remnant of the dryad's spell. His sword felt ten times heavier, too. Nonetheless, his infurated psyche still remained. "You… Cryomancer…" A malign grin was drawn on the general's face. "Show yourself, I need to observe you one last time…" And so he did. The mage walked out of the barrier, saying some words Silanus didn't even bother to listen. He was trying to cast a spell, but before he could, Silanus jumped highly in the air with his last strenghts, landing on the roof of the manor. "Run. Go away. As far as you can. With the Goddess, too." Silanus gave a baleful glance to the wraith and the nymph. "I cannot spill blood infront of the sacred Nymph, unless they're hostile to her. I'd be doomed to ethernal damnation." In an instant, his immense rage was replaced by… Woe, rancor and resentment. "You have spoken against my faith all this time, lad. But it is my faith that has saved your arse for the second time today. Now run, before I invoke another spirit with the last drop of energy I've got left, you bastard."

Silanus simply stared at the three of them from his high position. Were his words true? Or were they an excuse to forfeit the battle, due to his extreme exhaustion? He could have used all his remaining energy to summom once another spirit, or focus it all in one last blow, then remain unconsious, but he chose not to. "And you… Nymph…" He spoke, once again. "Be wary of mortals, mistress. Our heart is impure. It is in our nature to murder and hate what we don't understand… Or what we don't like. Stay away from the mundane world…" To end his speech, Silanus turned his disgusted glance to the mage. "That includes your… Friend, who didn't hestitate in freezing your feet solid when he felt threatened. Humans, elves, orcs… None are to be trusted." After his sorrowed words, the commander hid in the shadows, almost vanishing. He would now search his fellow soldiers and get the hell out of Mamlak.

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.