Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Augury [P]
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
Few days had passed since Tacitus Silanus, leader of the Fratian clan, and some of his underlings had arrived in the city of Mamlak. Not many citizens recognized them, nonetheless, some of the local guardsmen recognized the gear and armour of the members of this infamous clan. The fratians had been known to sell slaves, act as mercenaries and even raid or steal merchandise in the commercial routes; these criminal acts are the reason most of their members, specially their leader, are not allowed in most cities of Canelux and some even have large bounties on their head. However, due to the importance of the materials and goods sold in the city of Mamlak, Silanus managed to bribe one of the royal stewards, allowing him and his people to enter the city without any problem, obviously with the condition of mantaining a good behavior inside. 

Silanus and 5 of his bodyguards were roaming in the city for a few days now. They rented some rooms in a local inn so they had enough time to both get some contracts or clients and buy supplies as iron, food and other materials that are hard to get in the Steppes where they lived in. However, unfortunately, bribing one steward is not always enough to keep unwanted attention at bay. Suddenly, a group of city guards surrounded Silanus when he was alone, and tried to arrest him. "Far away, in Adeluna, your head is worth thousands of silver pieces… Come with us sir, we gotta arrange somehting!" Exclaimed one of the six guards that had him surrounded. It was late night and nobody was around, so, without hestitating, Silanus casted a streght spell and with his shortsword he quickly killed the, but now he had to escape before more guards noticed his crime. How would he explain this? Without searching for his companions, he ran away, hiding in the shadows and hid behind what seemed to be a temple of some sort. Now, Silanus stood there, hoping to remain unseen. However, the stench of fresh blood that stained his sword could be smelled by almost anyone that passed by, if anyone did, of course.

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
A cool night's breeze swept through the streets of the city, causing the few who were out walking around to shiver when it hit them. But Elowen did not mind the wind. She had just had the most wonderful day of her life, and she was sad when Randal had informed her that they should probably head back to the local inn so they could get some rest. A loud huff escaped her, but she wasn't going to argue with the mage any more. He did know better, after all. Pulling her new shawl around her body, her golden eyes floated around the empty streets, observing every detail and taking it all in. Strange, how a city could look so different at night than in the day; so different from her home forest, which was constantly dark and gloomy. Pushing her massive green braid to the side, she smiled brightly back at Randal. "Did you have fun today? Because I did!" she asked cheerfully, then added, "And did Edgest enjoy himself? I know he can be grumpy, but still…"

Heavy footsteps pulled away her attention toward an intersection ahead, where she glimpsed a man covered in blood running from something. Fearing he could have been hurt, Elowen began chasing after him before she could give it a second thought. "Wait!" she called, though he did not seem to hear her. The young Dryad was quick, however, and easily kept pace with him until he ducked behind a temple of some sort. Normally, she would have stopped to admire the beautiful building, but her concern for the stranger's wellbeing overpowered her sense of wonder. Treading carefully around the side, Wen could smell the blood coming from him. She was lightheaded for a moment, but shook it off and continued onwards until she finally spotted him. "Sir! Are you alright?" Elowen kept her voice low, for fear of tipping off the wounded soldier's pursuers. 

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
Sure he had a great day but they couldn't stay in the city forever even if he did enjoy spending time with her, and  even the day at the market resulted in new walking boots and some new clothes for Wen "Of course I enjoyed I mean I was with you after all" Randal stated with a smile before continuing "I don't think Edgest minded but he kinda left halfway through the day" he tapped his chin trying to put it to words "You see he can leave for a few hours at a time while his energy is strong and then I can call him back if I need him, kinda like, I can live without him but he cant live without me" rubbing the back of his head lightly before bumping into her side lightly.

When the dryad shot off following the man covered in a red substance he took after without hesitation "Elowen wait up!" he struggled to keep up managing to trip on some loose items scattered on the road due to Edgest not being with him to warn of oncoming dangers before he reached the temple seeing her retreat round the back of the temple he followed his eyes opening wide as a spectral arrow grew around his staff aiming it at the blood soaked man with a glare "Silanus, I remember your name from the wanted posters in Adeluna" slowly walking infront of the dryad holding an arm infront of her, "And Im guessing you didnt take a side job as a butcher" as half his body glowed and one half his face became an old glowing image of a man "Dont you dare try anything" two voices seemed to speak as a sudden glow of arcane empower went off and the spectral arrow seemed to grow brigther.

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
Silanus

Character Info
Just when Tacitus Silanus thought he had  fled successfully from any possible pursuer, what seemed to be a girl appeared and spoke to him. It seemed this "girl" was trying to keep her voice low, she was still quite loud and noisy. It was dark and the swordsman could not see her very well, but when she got closer to him, Silanus could see she was definitely not a human. Her skin was… Pale green? Even her hair was green! Obviously not an elf, didn't seem like an hybrid either. 

Silanus could not help but stare at the green woman with an attentive expression… She had to be a forest nymph! This was a good omen, it was definitely a favorable augury! Nymphs were not only divines in Silanus' ancient religion, but they were even the bringers of good luck! However, before he could say anything, what seemed to be a young lad came and interrupted them. This intrepid boy even recognized the general, and even accused him of murder in a sarcastic way. "How dare you speak to ME like that, boy!!!" He yelled at him.

Before Silanus could react, this "lad" began to glow and half of his face changed. His ominious voice echoed loudly… With an astonished expression, Silanus thought he could probably cast a spell and slash this glowing "man" but… although he was capable of putting a fight against this hostile being, to do such a ruthless act infront of a nymph… That would be something only a mindless fool is capable of! Instead of provoking his "foe" or doing any hostile action, Silanus simply dropped his weapon, stood firm, placed his fist on his chest, lowered his head and finally spoke to the nymph, ignoring the other glowing man. "Oh, divine nymph, bringer of fortune and luck! Forgive your loyal son Tacitus Silanus, who in a misunderstanding got caught in a fight with some rogue, bloodthirsty, barbarous madmen, who hid beneath an uniform!" After having said that, Silanus pointed at the "man" who was infront of the nymph. "But most importantly… Forgive this savage barbarian, who wants to attack your loyal follower! How dare YOU to speak like that infront of a nymph… A divine! Are you out of your mind, bloody savage?" after speaking, the leader simply stepped back a little. If things turned violent, Silanus would cast a spell and summon a weapon, just in case.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Startled by Randal's sudden menacing appearance, the Dryad had to take a moment to process what he had said. Wanted posters? Those were normally reserved for criminals or bounties, yet this man, Silanus, was dressed as if he were a soldier. She was slightly taken aback at the reverence with which he spoke to her, calling her "divine nymph" and "bringer of fortune". The flattery made her skin flush a deep green. Hesitantly, Elowen stepped next to the mage, soothingly placing a hand on his cheek. "There does not need to be trouble here, tonight," she said softly, before turning to face the man. "Please, sir, my friend is no barbarian. He is just very protective of me, since I haven't been away from my home for more than a few days." 

Clinging to her cloak, Wen took another step toward him, narrowing her eyes as she tried to decide whether or not she should trust him. "I must admit, I have never before been spoken to with such respect. I am quite humbled." Elowen bowed her head with a smile, then raised an eyebrow. "If you are truly a victim of a misunderstanding, why has my friend seen your face along with those of common bandits and thieves? You most assuredly do not seem like one to be caught up in trouble." A hint of uncertainty wavered in her voice. Her judgement of people was currently not great, but she did hope that she was not being taken for a gullible fool. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, she reminded herself, praying a quick prayer to Angela that she did not misjudge the character of this soldier.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
 Randal felt the pang of something new in his chest when the dryad took to the flattering of the solider as he rose a finger to comment back he felt her hand on his cold cheek and his comment was turned into a stuttering mess, "S-s-s-sorry" with that being said Edgest spoke in his head with a chuckle "My, my, my Jealous then loved up in a matter of seconds" with a glance at the air however it did not quite stop his annoyance at being called a barbarian but even with her innocence the young mage trusted Wen with a judge of character I mean she did somehow trust the Orc-elf a few weeks back before looking back at the roman with a frown "So what is your reason for having wanted posters spread across most of the major cities in the land?"

This is when he looked over the Roman noticing the colour of his cloths and the isignia on his armour with Edgest quickly speaking "Maddness, that man is a member of Fratis I thought the whole tribe was taken out, if we are barbaric then he must be the devil" Randal nodded to himself before sliding in front of Elowen and frowning at the solider if whatever Edgest an anicent wraith just said was true then perhaps it was best if he kept an eye on his actions before speaking "And why would a member of the Fratis tribe be so far away from home?"

Silanus

Character Info
It was so amusing how the nymph could calm down that madman, just by softly saying some words…! Truly fascinating how this goddess could pacify him that easily! Such a pity that her companion spoke out of turn, and mentioned his wanted posters and bounties… This would be hard to explain.! "Tribe? You surely are audacious, really INSOLENT, to call us a tribe, you mindless imbecile!!!" After speaking, the armored man glared at the lad. After speaking. he remained silent.

Once again, Silanus lowered his head in a respectful manner, then, with a reverential voice tone,he spoke once again to the nymph. "Forgive me, my mistress. Speaking like that infront of you is a foolish act of mine. I ask for forgiveness…" After saying that, the Fratian kneeled with servitude infront of the dryad, then continued speaking: "My name is Tacitus Silanus, rightful leader of the Fratis clan, it's truly an honor to speak with you, mistress. I am no criminal, I am no bandit. The people of Adeluna and many other cities alike have placed bounties on me, yes, but it's for the sole fact that we are at war with them. As a clan, we have our lands, laws, citizens, religion and our freedom. But the tyrants do not recognize us. In our lands, they are the one seen as criminals, even the queen herself." After having said that, the leader stood up and placed his heavy helmet to the ground, showing his dark, short hair.

Silanus was simply impressed of having a dryad infront of him, that was the highest of honors in his religion. "M-may I ask, my lady, if you excuse me, why is a goddess like you in a mundane, unworthy and unholy city like this one? Is there an affair you have here? If so, may I, your most humble of servants, assist you in any way?" Once again, the warrior stood in reverence.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
A look of warning briefly crossed her face at Silanus's treatment of Randal. Wen had half a mind to tell the soldier off, but she also had a feeling that they should probably remain on his good side, lest they risk a fight they could not win. Before she could even mention anything about it, though, he went and started rambling on with an excuse for why he and his people were considered criminals in parts of Canelux. Elowen personally thought there was a lot that he was most likely leaving out, but, once again, she wanted to remain on good terms with him. Plus, her apparent status as a Dryad placed her in good favor with Silanus already.

She cast a nervous glance at Randal when he asked why she was in the city, deciding to answer him honestly. "I am… on a bit of a journey, myself," she explained, looking directly in his eyes (since he was kneeling, the two were nearly on eye-level). "I wish to see Mother Gaia; Angela, here." One hand gestured to the mage at her side. "Randal is coming along both for his own reasons and to assist me with mine. But what I am most concerned wi–"

Her voice stopped short as the sound of footsteps approached. Clinking of metal boots on stone indicated that they were likely to be soldiers who were, if she was assuming correctly, searching for Silanus. Quickly, she decided that, since the man had not personally wronged her and she had no reason to think he would lie, she would help him. Pulling off her cloak, she gently wrapped it around his shoulders. It would definitely be too small for his whole body, but it would suffice to cover his torso, where most of the blood was. "Are you staying at an inn? If so, we will help to hide you until you can get there and clean up," she asked in a hushed tone, directing a pointed glance at Randal that she hoped would discourage him from arguing.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
"You dare call me an imbecile!? a clan doesn't deserve a place in the history let alone a brute like you" he growled back at the man before hearing his begging Wen like a goddess about how his clan and he weren't criminals before allowing Randal to get more angry "If you even think they view the few remaining Fratis as a war youre sorely mistaken solider, my father fought in the battles and would explain how your people grew impatient with diplomacy hoping your steel could sing songs of sparks, just like any other human being you wished far too much for your 'tribe' and in result you lost so much" The young mage seemed to grow larger and more confident while talking about his father before finishing it with one last sentence "Theres a saying he once said 'Forgive me for my sins for they are my burden, born through a name, made through our mistakes' why recreate the Fratis clan the same as it was before when you could make it so much better?".

He stepped back allowing Elowen to finish answer the soldier's question frowning how close the two seemed to be before letting it slide pacing the ground paying attention to details of Silanus taking in all his weapons and muscles before hearing the guards coming as well almost reaching down to grab the dryad so they could arrest the man before seeing her glance driving shivers down his spines before smirking at her before saying with a sigh "Fine, but you really do owe me one" glancing back before looking at the Fratis "Which Inn?, Ill distract the guards while you get over the to blend in and this way it means no one has to die" taking out his bag and chewing on a herb with a frown "And brute until I meet up with you at the Inn keep her safe" glancing at the Dryad before taking a steps towards the sound of clinking boots exclaiming loudly "Guards! Guards! why in such a hurry please take a look at my wares!" before his staff seemed to tap the floor creating a stone wall sealing the route towards the Clansmen and the Dryad.

Silanus

Character Info
Tacitus Silanus decided to not answer to the lad. He was clearly looking for a fight, something the armored man had no time for. It was a very good gesture to cover Silanus and help him avoid the guards, he would not forget it. The streets were almost empty and the leader would be easily caught if it wasn't for the Dryad's help.

When she suggested to go to the inn and find the rest of his henchmen, Silanus thought it would be a good idea and agreed. Before leaving, he answered to the lad's "warnings" with a quick whisper "You keep on my good side, lad… and I'll keep you alive. Now hush." After saying that, he and the Dryad walked towards the inn , while the other man distracted the patrolling guards. "W-wait my Lady… It will be harder to continue if we encounter my soldiers. Three people hide better than ten!" Said Silanus, as he stopped walking.

After looking sideways and seeing there was not a living soul nearby, Silanus grabbed the Dryad's wrist and quickly ran upstairs with her, going to an upper disctrict, then hiding behind a closed shop. "M-my apologies, mistress…! That was an impolite action of mine. However, we MUST go to the royal steward's manor… He knows me, he'll help…!" After saying that, the general's hand began to glow; he had casted an agility spell. Then he easily jumped to the roof of a house and looked downwards: "Your highness, I'd be most thankful if you came with me. Your presence would surely bring me fortune! Let's go to the steward's manor, jumping from roof to roof!"

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.