Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Out of the Woods (O)
Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
After the last two days of walking through the dark forests just south of Mamlak, Randal was grateful to feel the sun on his face and hearing the noise of busy civilisation he spent his time recollecting about the events of the journey smiling fondly he was glad that someone other than Edgest knew about his 'haunting' issue but he still had the sneaking suspicion he would have to explain more in detail about how it came to be and why Edgest wanted to see the goddess. Of course, this could wait as the mage leant down into a stream happily gulping away with mouthfuls of water, "Gosh its not everyday you get to drink water this fresh" he laughed as Edgest simply sighed beside him, "Call upon me either when we're in danger or we reach the city" and with that the Wraith was gone leaving Randal in an even better mood for not having to put up with his constant rambling.

The boy looked around the farmland they were in watching the work hands lift different types of grains and other edibles into wagons or baskets with the peacefullness finally upon them Randal had just reliased without the Orc to guide them the pair would have to rely on maps or other sources of infomation once again, pushing this to the back of his head he rummaged through his bag pulling a book that had a book mark in, "Shall we continue the basics?" he asked the Dryad with a small smile, "And then I think I saw a market further into the village where we can shop for useful items and clothes for you" he wiggled his finger in the air almost tapping his chin with a small smirk at the thought of outfits.

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
Sunlight! Beautiful, radiant sunlight! Elowen felt as though she could cry tears of joy once she caught a glimpse of the shimmering rays. The cityscape on the horizon only made the sight more fantastic. After two rough days of trekking through the Laeto Rainforest, they had finally made it to the outskirts of Mamlak. Sighing contently, the young Dryad knelt down next to Randal, cupping a pool of water from the stream in her hands and delicately sipping it. Hearing the mage say something not entirely directed at her, she chuckled into her hands. Although she did not fully understand her travel companion's perplexing condition, Wen embraced the strangeness of his situation with only a few reservations. She still wanted to know more about how exactly "Edgest" came about, but she wasn't going to pry about it just yet.

Seeing the book Randal took from his bag, her eyes widened in excitement, and she quickly snatched the book from him. Elowen thumbed through the pages until she reached the one that was marked. "Right! I believe we were on 'Lodging'," she stated, completely absorbed in her curiosity, at least until the mage brought up buying new clothing. Raising an eyebrow, Wen asked, "Are my clothes not presentable?" Though she had to admit, she was eager to find something to wear besides the ragged and uncomfortable tunic that the old wizard had given her. "What would you suggest I wear? What do people normally wear in big cities? That reminds me, will we be needing a map? And can we please stay one night here?" As the questions flooded out of her and she waved her arms around in enthusiasm, the Dryad's green hair began falling out of its braid, and she became lost in her rambling.

Vinsue2

Character Info
Name: Aqua Aura
Race: Dragon
Class: explorer
Silver: 901
Ok so far i have lurned i am not a tracker. She thought as she walked on all fours through the dark woods. The person she tracked into the forest seamed to vanish after entering. Not like dead for that would be easier to track. No, they litterly disappeared. How and why she did not know or care. All she wanted was out. She had wings but these trees would not listen to her like others would so she did not have the room to fly. 

But once she hurd voices, she fallowed untell she saw light. Her scales glowed a light blue color witch allowed her to see. Braking out of the woods she gave a triumphant snort, Turned to the forest and stuck out her tung. Turning back she saw the water. She hated water but she was thirsty and ran to it and started to drink not noticeing the others.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Randal smirked at all her questions before putting a hand on the top of her head, "The Trouble with your clothes is that the holes show alot, and in the big cities guards will follow us around thinking you are either a Vagabond or a Thief, Second, I believe we can get a map from the Inn nearby and lastly, of course, we can stay the night here I think we deserve the rest" after weeks alone having to hear Edgest ramble he was well versed in keeping track of the Dryad before he sat next to her reading the book quickly "Yes Lodging also known as Housing is what races such as Orcs, Humans and others live in we sometimes buy a building made of brick and wood to keep valuebles and other important things, other people only buy housing when they wish to raise children or retire" he turned the page quickly pointing a quick paragraph out, "Hence the term Vagabond meaning no home, or Peasant which means you have a house poorly made or not enough money to make it better".

Feeling uneasy all of a sudden he whispered into her ear "I think I heard something in the forest next to us" allowing the side of his face to gently touch hers before standing up with his staff advancing on the sound of slurping coming from the riverbank he poked his head over the hill seeing the dragon uncomfortably drinking as he muttered a spell to allow a spectral arrow to grow on his staff, he stood and said in a tongue he was taught long ago by his teachers, "darastrix kii zyak trelk ekess vi shripomn" the Draconic lanuage coming out rusty from his mouth, it had been many years since he last practiced since the rareity of the beast meant he had no target who would understand him.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Elowen hung onto every word Randal read, intently scanning the pages along with him. Even as he paused briefly to turn a page, her golden eyes remained focused on the book in the mage's hands. "Oh, then we are vagabonds, yes?" she asked playfully, nudging him with her shoulder. She barely registered a disturbance in the forest behind them, instead caught in the knowledge presented before her. However, when Randal softly called her attention to a potential threat, her right hand instinctively went to her shoulder, shielding the bruise that still hadn't faded from the bear. Carefully, she approached him, staying slightly hidden behind his back. 

"A dragon?" Wen whispered curiously, latching onto Randal's arm. It was a small but beautiful creature, and the young Dryad nearly walked directly toward it, stopping herself short. Although dragons dwelled in both the Virens and Laeto forests, she'd only encountered a few of their kind. Dragons were one species she had a hard time figuring out, since they could be both human-like and animalistic, depending on which type you meet. Elowen eyed Randal's arrow cautiously, hoping it would not frighten the creature. 

Vinsue2

Character Info
Aqua stopped drinking as she heard movement one ear moved to face forward as the other moved looking for other sounds as she looked up to see a two-legged male attempting to talk in her natural tung. she would respond in the same tung but his attempt said he was rusty at it. He basically asked why she was so close to a town. She responded in the tung she heard that lead her out of the forest. "I did not know I was close to one. I am simply glad to be out of the forest." She said then frowned speaking like that through a muzzle was hard and as she had been tracking she had not been practicing to keep her skills up. 

She noticed his weapon and both ears laid flat on her head witch tilted. the corners of her mouth dropped as her eyes widened. "You're not going to shoot me, are you?" the thought of more pain reminded her of the acid womb she got about 2 weeks ago that had not fully healed. she still had not shed to renew the damaged scales on her back wich worried her but right now she had other things to worry about. 

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
He sighed lowering the staff before raising his hand "If I was going to hurt you, I would have done it already" he rose an eyebrow with a curious look before turning around to Elowen "Are you okay" he asked with a small smile "I mean it would be terrible if you got hurt or something" he started going through his bag and searching through his bag before landing on a book about dragons and taking it out and flicking through it quickly, "We still need to head to the village to find the way to the main city area, however, we cant be seen with a full sized injured dragon since bounty hunters or villagers might grow suscipious, I think I remember seeing a rather larger dragon turn into a human like form can you do that little dragon?"

with that said he started collecting different types of herbs and gathering dried leaves from his bag, "Another thing sadly even though I think its pretty adorable is your skin Wen, being pale green it might and being this close to the rainforest might hint that your a Dryad and cause a lot of hoo-har, so are you up for trying a paste that turns skin to a pale skin colour?" he almost whispered to her with a sad look, even though it didnt bother him that much he had grown accustomed to seeing her how she normally was and let go a deep sigh before reaching up absent mindlying stroked her cheek. 

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Softly pushing his hand away, Elowen replied, "Please, Randal, you worry too much." More interested in the dragon, she stepped around Randal and bent down to study her. Her scales were beautiful, and Wen's eyes sparkled upon viewing them. "Oh, wow! I've never seen a dragon outside the forest before. You're absolutely magnificent," the Dryad mused, intrigued by every aspect of the creature. "Do not mind dear Randal, he can be a bit… preoccupied with our safety." Straightening back up, she gently tapped her chin, as she had seen the mage do before when he was thinking. "But perhaps he is right about not bringing a full dragon into the city with us. Tell us, do you have a name?" Gently, she tugged on her deep green braid as she circled the dragon.

When she caught sight of her injured scales, Elowen felt pity for her. Carefully, she approached the dragon's back. One of her hands rested on a small tree, from which she drew the energy to heal the dragon. "Will you let me help you?" Wen extended a hand out to her as an offering. "Your injury does not look too big for me to heal."

Vinsue2

Character Info
Aqua lost the frightened look at his response. Not that she fully believed him but at least it was something. She kept watching him until the dryad pushed past and approached. She looked back and forth untell the male started doing other things. She backed up to keep a safe distance between her and the two-legged. She ended up sitting down and watched when the dryad got to close she moved but not much. "I have had better days with my appearance." She said truthfully knowing the damaged area looked horable even if it was just a ruffer aria that was miss colored.

"Why would I go to the city with you?" She said half wondering why they assume she would go and stating they bib not mind. It rather confused her but she did answer the questions. "Yes i can take on a human form but not verry long in top condition. And my name is Aqua." She moved away when approached than turned mor so the woman was not behind her.

"I will be fine. And it will not work. My scales are like hair and nails. They do not heal like human skin or flesh. They must replace the old with new to get fixed." She said. She fully believed she could not get help and spent way to much time with those that collect for anything they do to allow herself to get help. 

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Randal quickly sighed with a tap of his foot, and nodding at Wen "Fine…" watching the exchange the two had and even chuckiling a little when the Dryad copied his chin tap, most of the time he did it without knowing of the action but on her it looked almost cute, as soon as his train of thought was going to continue Edgest appeared with a look of disgust "Randal can you not contain yourself for more than a few minutes" Randal quickly turned his head to face the river covering his face with one hand and muttering "Oh Jesus…" before walking towards the Dragon and sliding his staff away.

"Aqua was it? the reason I didn't ask if you wanted to come to the village with us is pretty easy if you head back into the forest the chance of you being hunted is alot riskier, plus the added lack of protection you have without your scales, I'm sure you know how valuable dragon bones and scales are in potions these days?" he anwsered blunty before giving a shrug to Elowen to signal that she had to hear it sooner or later, "Sometimes theres alot of things that I wish I could change the world, but at this point it's far less risky for you to come with us and spend the night or get caught by a trapper in there" he pointed back into the dark trees that seemed to grow more omnious during the sunset.