Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > The Capture and Escape of Magical Creatures [P]
Ossuki

Character Info
Name: Yurei
Alignment: CN
Race: Demon/familiar
Class:
Silver: 129
Yurei was tossed into the dark cell, before the iron door was quickly slammed closed and locked. With a guttural hiss, she slipped into the darkest corner furthest away from the door and glared at her captor through her matted hair."Now now, don't be so distraught," the man on the other side of the bars said teasingly with an amused chuckle before walking off to who knows where.When the man was completely out of sight, Yurei began to struggle against her shackles furiously even though she knew it was futile. For all that she remembered, she never had to lift a hand to protect herself because nobody could touch her, so she saw no point in strengthening herself. That arrogance was what got her caught and she plans on that never happening again.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis was about ready to leave Mamlak. She had looked through several of their best shopping districts in the richest parts of town as well as the markets of the poorer areas. She hadn't bought anything except a snack to eat around midday and now in the afternoon she was beginning to think she should try to get started on the next part of her journey before sundown.
But then, as she turned down a narrow alley in what she thought was the direction of the exit, she found herself pressed painfully against a wall with a rough hand over her mouth to silence her yelp of surprise. It took a moment for her to regester what was going on but as she realised that she was being shackled by a second indevidual, she tried to kick and scream. It was no good. Before long, she found both her ankles and her wrists restricted, a dirty cloth forced into her mouth and tied behind her head in a hasty knot before a bag was pulled over her head. In the new darkness she continued to writhe and fight her bonds as she felt herself lifted and carried.
It must have only been a few minutes later when she was pysically thrown to the floor. The bag was ripped from her head so she could see her captor. He stood before her smiling.
"Wings, eh?" he said, "You're gonna sell for a nice bit! Now let's see what we have here." He leaned down to grab at her bag attached to her hip. She quickly rolled from her newly bruised side and managed to use her elbows to get herself into a sitting position. She managed to shuffle rapidly away from him unil she hit a wall, all the while working to spit out her gag. managed it just in time to lung and bit the man as hard as she could, drawing copious amounts of blood from his veins. She wouldn't let go even as he tried to pull away, trying to get the maximum amount of damadge out of her attack. The man howled and clubbed her across her head with his free fist until she let go, at which point he kicked her hard and hurried out of the cell to nurse his wounds. The clang and the click of a solid iron door being shut and locked made her heart sink towards despair.
Synthesis breathed raggedly and winced from the pain as her head span. However, on the positive side, he had left her bag with her in his hurry to get away. She looked around. She was in a small, dingy cell. The walls looked to be made of cold stone and the door of thick iron had only a small barred window in its top, though which a meager light shone.
It was as she survayed the room that she noticed she was not alone. A pale girl with dark hair and wide grey eyes sat huddled in a corner.
"Hi," she said dumbly, realising she must still have blood all around her mouth and chin, "I'm Synthesis. What's your name?"

Ossuki

Character Info
Class:
Yurei was startled by the sudden change of events, but she didn't let it show on her face. She grimaced at the blood covering her cellmate's chin, more out disgust than fright; she never liked getting dirty."Wouldn't you like to know?" She in a sneer before turning away from her and continued to fiddle with her chains. She knew she was being unnecessarily mean but she was irritated at her predicament and felt like taking it out on her.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis was hurt by the words of the other girl and quite shocked. She hadn't been spoken to like that for quite some time. As if it weren't bad enough that she were chained up, her cell mate had to be a complete rotter about it. She raised both her arms similtaniously to wipe the blood off of her chin - seeing that were one wrist went, other had to follow closely behind - and lowered her head to rest it on her knees, staring sullenly at the other girl all the while. For quite a while she sulked and stewed in the injustice of it all, utterly at a loss for how she was surpossed to respond to such a stand-offish statement, but eventually she ventured a response.
"Actually, yes. I would like to know your name. Surely we're in a similar boat here?"
As she spoke, she struggled to her feat. The shackles on her ankles prevented her from walking normally so she followed the wall around slowly to the door with tiny, tiny, baby steps. Peering through the metal bars, she saw that no one stood guard outside. But then, why would they? They were shackled and loocked in a room without a key. Jailbreak looked nie on impossible. Synthesis was already trying to piece together a plan of escape and she had to admit that things didn't look good. She raised her hands, wondering if she could summon a ball of fire to melt the door. It would take a long time, if it did have any hope of working.
As she thought this, he druid was overcome with self loathing at the realisation that she hadn't tried to use magic on her captors in the beginning. The trouble was that everything happened so fast and she hadn't had a chance to think, let alone formulate a spell in her mind. Well, she would try one now and she would start by trying to melt the chains that bound her.

Ossuki

Character Info
Class:
Yurei was content sitting there in silence, but was shocked as Synthesis asked her again. She was sure she had hurt the girl's feelings and wouldn't talk to her for a while, but she thought wrong. After contemplating for a quick second, she decided to tell her under the guise of entertaining herself."Yurei….. What are you doing?" As soon as Synthesis stood, she was instantly alert in case she decided to attack her. She doubted it though. As Synthesis shifted closer and closer to the cell door she rose an eyebrow."I doubt anything you do would work; they probably made them strong enough to hold orcs and resistant to magic. It wouldn't be very effective if all their merchandise escaped constantly."

Illusory Angel

Character Info
"Resistant to magic!?" These were not words she wanted to here ever, but particularly not now. She went to spark a flame in her palm but was dismayed to find she couldn't do even that. By her wrists, some carved writing on her shackles glowed red. As she peered around them, she saw they read, 'I eat power'. The Synthesis could have cried out in frustration, but instead stood completely still and silent as she waited for her irrational feelings to subside. They would not help her now.
It was only now that the other words her cell mate spoke were beginning to sink in, too. "And merchandise? Is that what we are?" She hadn't even considered why she was here, but that explanation made a horrible lot of sense. That must have been what the man who caught her had been talking about when he said she was going to 'sell for a nice bit.'
Well, it was time for a plan B, which was admittedly easier said than done. The druid leaned heavily against the door and closed her eyes in temporary defeat. "So, how long have you been here anyway?"

Ossuki

Character Info
Class:
"These lands aren't known for their magical prowess; we're valable tothem because of our heritage….. I've only been here for a few hours."  Yurei said sulking. Since she couldn't do anything with the chains, she began to idly play with her hair discreetly glancing at her temporary roomate every few moments.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
The girl in the corner - Yurei - certainly wasn't talkative. She would have made Synthesis feel very uncomfortable if it weren't for the fact she had a much larger issue to contend with and was therefore slightly preoccupied. She didn't take kindly to capture any more than the average person. Her mind was going round and round at a rate of knots, trying to figure out any way out of this. However, anything she came up with sounded unrealistic at best and impossible at worst.
With all that in mind, Yurei had offered up that explanation for why they were here, which helped to alleviate her confusion a bit. Because of it, the Druid was inclined to hope maybe they would be able to pool their efforts into escape. She supposed it wasn't such a long shot to think the girl was just grumpy due to her capture., and if that were the case, Synthesis wouldn't blame her.
As she began to hone in on the more plausible plans formulating in her mind, the Druid looked to the girl. She was sure she'd caught the girl looking at her a couple times, but whenever she had double-checked she had found Yurei staring at the wall as she fiddled with her hair.
"So Yurei," she asked cautiously for fear of being snapped at, "How often do you think we'll be here? When they come to get us seems like the best time to attempt escape because they'll open the cell doors. Would you be willing to fight them when the time comes?"

Ossuki

Character Info
Class:
Yurei stared at Synthesis contemplatively wondering what she was thinking before redirecting her stare back towards the wall."I don't know for sure. You get bought when you get bought, and depending on how rare you are, the quicker someone comes for you. Unless if they want to "test" the merchandise beforehand." Yurei said grimacing. "I'm not that strong either…. I'm not sure if I would be able to hold my own in a fight." She mumbled reluctantly. "If you're trying to plan an escape, they come in pairs. One opens the door and the other comes in to get the one they want. Brute force won't be very effective because I wouldn't put it past them to lock the prisoner along with the guard if they feel threatened."

Ossuki

Character Info
Class:
Yurei stared at Synthesis contemplatively wondering what she was thinking before redirecting her stare back towards the wall."I don't know for sure. You get bought when you get bought, and depending on how rare you are, the quicker someone comes for you. Unless if they want to "test" the merchandise beforehand." Yurei said grimacing. "I'm not that strong either…. I'm not sure if I would be able to hold my own in a fight." She mumbled reluctantly. "If you're trying to plan an escape, they come in pairs. One opens the door and the other comes in to get the one they want. Brute force won't be very effective because I wouldn't put it past them to lock the prisoner along with the guard if they feel threatened."