Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > A Soul In Search of Answers (P-Rhea, R?)
Icarus

Character Info
Name: Icarus Valeon
Alignment: TG
Race: Resurrected Human
Class: Saint of Hope
Silver: 471
"I have to suppose you're right in that," Icarus chuckled as the woman spoke.  She certainly had a valid point.  He couldn't even recall his time in the previous world, but when he lived in Nataki, he recalled the wonders he had seen as he roamed the countryside with his master.  Cain certainly had a way of showing the world in a brand new light, even if he was always stern and down to business in their travels.

They began to leave the crowded areas of the city, heading at last to one of the many gardens that dotted the landscape.  Certainly, despite the seeming harsh nature of the law in the city, it seemed that there were still some aesthetically redeeming qualities as well.  He could appreciate the sheer value of the area in respect to its beauty and the fact they were unlikely to be unduly disturbed in their conversation.

"It will, and I'll gladly tell you more about it.  Shall we have a seat?" he asked as he glanced down into her eyes.  For what it was worth, he didn't feel uncomfortable, though it was also a certainty that he didn't often have the luxury of a woman's company.  The life of constant travel he was forced to live kept him from forming any great attachments to anyone.

He guided them to a park bench, heaving a sigh as he thought about his home and how incredible it was to behold for some.  His mind went through the features of the land, from the eastern isles to the southern Beastlands to the great mountains of the west and everything in between.  Icarus thought of Behemoths, the Darkwood, Yggdrasil, Peaceguard, the great plains that dominated the central region, and the vast sea of the north that had been a desert previously.

"The things that I could tell you would leave you pondering whether I made it up entirely or if it were the dream of an artist.  The realm of Nataki is fairly well-settled.  I came from a continent named after the ruling empire that dominated it, Carnathia.  There, the land is split into more than forty duchies with roads connecting each of them and patrols by the ruling lords maintaining their safety.  Compared to here, it is a significant difference," he began.

"Still, the sights themselves are wondrous.  Among them are the Grace Falls where water descends from a mountain and rushes forth in great tides that disappear into the earth below, funneling underground into three different rivers that cross the land.  Then there are the zodiac Behemoths.  Imagine seeing a creature that has the intelligence of a man and is regarded as the father or mother of its entire race, such as boars, monkeys, dragons, and the like.  A lot has truly changed, though.  I prattle though, what brought you to this city?" he continued, finishing with a question to his companion.

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
There was no wavering in his gaze as his eyes met hers. She could feel his confidence and it brought a shiver to her spine. She was a woman with a weakness when it came to people who knew how to hold their ground. He offered her a seat and she gave a slight nod as an answer. He was finally actually leading her as they found a more secluded area where a bench was nestled. There were large trees surrounding them  and she felt comfort in the thought of pure solitude for a moment. She was fueled by the eyes of others, however it was easy to figure out how much she loved her peace and silence as well. Her temple was underground and rather empty. That was her sanctuary to rest away from the outside world.

The mix blooded creature remained silent as she let him take over everything. She wanted nothing more than to just hear his story. It brought full curiosity and excitement for her but it did not stop her twisted smile to remain firm on her lips. She would continue to play this game until she felt it fit to top. He was an interesting man and she was not ready to let him get away easily.

There was a tinge of sadness when he stopped speaking and turned his words to her. Rhea really hated the part where she had to talk about herself. She did not live the exciting life that most of these people she met lived. She was the daughter who lived in a life of luxury surrounded by deity and servants. She watched the world around her grow up while she did nothing but practice magic and weaponry. There was so much she just did not understand about being alive that most learned from childhood.

"No, no, you were not prattling! Your story is far more unique than my own. Sadly, there is nothing worth story telling on the reason I came to this city. I just wanted to leave my temple and enjoy the world around me. " Her eyes flickered to him as she let her body shift a little closer to him as the glee danced into her eyes once again. "You would never believe how easy it is to blend in! Did you notice the fact not one person turned their head once they walked further through the crowds? In this world, you can be the most powerful of beings and immortal and yet you are easily missed in a crowd of people. The realm you came from sounds interesting. I would love to met a pig that talked like my father! A talking pig!"

There was a happy snicker that escaped her lips as she  tilted her head at him. She was quick to continue the conversation off of herself and back onto him. Even though her hands now laid politely in her lap, her gaze never really left him. "What else can you tell me about yourself, my lovely companion? Even with that description, I feel that you are still quite the strange. I am sure that world of yours was quite real, even the dreams of artists can only go so far, but how did that world make you?"

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
Icarus

Character Info
Name: Icarus Valeon
Alignment: TG
Race: Resurrected Human
Class: Saint of Hope
Silver: 471
Icarus chuckled a bit at the appraisal his companion had given him after he went on about his life for a while.  Truthfully, there were a plethora of stories he could regale her with, but he had no interest in divulging such massive quantities of information that could consume a lifetime to relate to others.  By comparison, the woman's own story intrigued him even more since it was not a lifestyle he had lived.  

At one point earlier in his life, he had been considered by many to be akin to a third god, a god among mortals given the vast increase in power he held compared to the others of his realm.  He never thought of himself as such and by comparison to the powers of those even the tree had chosen, his ability was still below that level.  Such power was lost, however, the moment he crossed the planes of reality and arrived in Dae Luin, the previous realm in which he lived.  

"I can imagine, having an opportunity away from any responsibilities of godhood must certainly be rare, to say the least," he observed, the very fact they remained unbothered served to aid her opinion on the matter.  It seemed that mortals were commonly incapable of identifying power unless it was shown before them.  To be fair, Borealis, the Boar King was no mere pig.  Pigs were domesticated by men after years.  The boars were the source and they roamed wild, their king standing miles high.

"Oh, I daresay a 'pig' isn't quite what you'd imagine.  I mean, really, the lice in the boar's mane were the size of cattle.  I barely escaped that one with my life," he explained.  "I was made as any other, by a mother and father.  I was raised with an education despite a life of servitude, a strange concept even in my realm.  Ah well, I think it is perhaps best to ignore some of the more… deplorable portions of the realm."

Icarus, of course, meant the demons and the wars that followed their entry into his realm.  They were a scourge that slaughtered all the mortals the black horde came upon in their unholy quest to devour all the souls of the living.  Icarus had no mercy for them and slew them wherever he found them, even after he ventured into another realm.  This woman beside him had no knowledge of those times, but for him, it was his entire life from the first moment he came upon them.  They were the cause of all the suffering he had endured.

"How about you?  Were you simply almighty or did you come into that power?  How has it affected you or changed you?" he inquired.

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
There was still much information that Rhea could gain from him. He seemed to be holding back on everything about him, but when he brought the attention back to him she knew that she should oblige. Her mind shifted through what she could say in response to him as he spoke about how he was born and raised. It seemed that he was hoping to find out something fascinating from her. He asked her if she had just awoke a deity. It made her answer silent at first. Her mind tried to recall if there were ever one that found themselves a god when they were birthed. There were some that passed as a mortal, but the lovely Voice would retrieve their souls to do the bidding of the world. They would breathe once again but no longer as a mere mortal.

”I am no different than yourselves. I was raised by my mother and father. I spent time must my childhood in solitude but surrounded by people.” Her voice was softer than normal despite the smile that still rested on her lips. There was something different about the words she spoke. ”I was chosen for this power to take in the footsteps of my mother. I was raised in a family of Gods. My father was no longer a god when I was born, but the only person I knew of as an aunt is also one of the deity you see today. “

” You appear as normal as the rest in this world. I do not know of any other worlds, but I am able to see into the desires of those around me. I try to never pry into the hearts of others, but the emotions of love and dedication are hard to not feel overwhelmed by. The duties I own may be stranger than some of my brethren but they come with quite the punch to myself. I can feel the strength that surges from you and I can tell that you hold love for what you do. I have no way of telling if it is a good thing or bad, but I know you treasure something you do very much.” There was a soft shake to her head at the thought and her eyes shifted to gaze up at him. There was curiosity that glimmered in her hazel pupils.

”It makes me wish to take you apart and see what makes you tick. That is the kind of Goddess I am. I have been affected by the power given to me, however I was always a little strange. I always had a strong desire for love and lust. I wanted to see others become strong like my mother did, but I thrived for something far different than she. You could say, I am a helpless romantic that got the best position for herself. It just means I have far more men and women wishing to fall asleep in my arms. I guess there must be rumors of what kind of lover I am.”

There was another soft giggle that escaped her lips after that. She was embellishing a little on the amount of people who fell at her feet, but she was not speaking anything false. She just wanted to see what he would say. She wanted to push the conversation back onto him and how he reacted to things. She could not deny her curiosity in getting to know him more privately. The rumors were far from false. It was something that came with the gifts of deity. From what she heard, her aunt held the same thing but she spent most her time housing more children from it.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-