Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Mission Impupssible [P,R]
Dalyor Suldusk

Character Info
Name: Dalyor Suldusk
Alignment: LN
Race: Half Elf
Class: Assassin
Silver: 192
“Sounds like opposites do attract then in their case”, he offered with a small smile. He could hardly believe that her father would be capable of successfully deterring his wife, but then again he didn’t understand their dynamic and it was something that he would have to see to believe. The smile faded and he gave her an apologetic look, “Hm, I’m sorry for your loss, no matter how long ago.” The loss of a child was painful, so he heard. At that moment he pondered what would become of him should he had lost his daughter. Dalyor didn’t want to even think of something like that, let alone that happening to Keya. He fell silent towards the rest of that conversation. This situation was strange enough that he landed in- knowing that Daz had gotten away and with that went his pay. Though from what he was understanding, doing this little job Keira’s mother had asked would more than make up for it. What he wasn’t expecting was to usher someone from a royal family back home especially if she was also a map maker.

“Well, I’m at least glad that Keya would be in good hands then with your family. I don’t trust many people in this world, but you and yours seem trustworthy.” A part of him meant those words and yet another was still a tad skeptical about the whole thing. Why didn’t her mother just force her to go long right after she was done with her business? He pushed his fears aside, trying to focus on the positive which was that his little girl could use the exposure. He was afraid that because he kept her away from most people, that he was doing more good than harm. Dalyor shifted his attention to Keira when she had a moment of weakness and filled him in on the situation that was her husband and the twins’ father. So she was not only royalty, but the wife of a deity, or more so ex-deity…

What sort of mess did he get himself into this time…

Had he no manners, he would have slapped the palm of his hand against his face. Daylor hadn’t though, and listened well to her. Adventures? Surely they would have meant some sort of way for providing for his family, right? He couldn’t fathom any other reason to always been on the road; he loathed having to do it and leave his child behind. But the more she described him, the less likely those intentions seemed. But truly the worse part about this was that her children didn’t know a thing of him. It was only natural that they would be asking all sorts of questions now, and he pitied her for being stuck in such a situation. And clearly she wasn’t over her love, though he could understand such a feeling. It was the same with him and Keya’s mother, even now. “It’s not my place to say, but…if you want my advice, tell them the good parts about him. It’s what I do when explaining Elizabeth to her. She knows that her mother was a courageous and strong woman who stood up to what she believed in. And that she’s the spitting image of her.” He let out a sad smile, “It may not feel like it, but it does get easier with time. Not completely, but the wounds you feel now will heal, bit by bit.” He went over to her and place a hand on her shoulder, “It doesn’t mean that you are a bad person, you just know that you have to look out for yourself and the twins is all. There’s nothing dishonorable about that.”

She gathered her things and he let go of her shoulder and nodded. “She’s in town, though I make sure not to keep her with me when I work. Don’t want her to see it and I don’t want her in the crossfire.” WIth that, he lead her out of the tavern and ventured deeper into the city until they reached another tavern inn. When they reached the room, he gave a certain knock, signalling that it was him. The door opened and an older woman answered and let them in. Sitting on the bed with some dolls was a young girl who stopped playing with her toys and ran to him. “Papa! You’re back!” She said with smile revealing a gap where one of her teeth had resided. “Oh, another tooth gone?” he said as he picked her and hugged her tightly. “Yup. When is the fairy coming? I didn’t see her yet”, she asked, voice filled with innocence before she peeked over his shoulder and saw Keira. “Who is she, Papa? She’s pretty.” Putting her back down on her feet, he stood out of the way so that she could see her. “She’s a friend of mine, recently met. Her name is Keira and we are going with her to her home. She has some little olds like you, so you can all play together.” Keya smiled and went over to her, grabbing her hand. “Hello, my name is Keya.” The child pulled at her to come over to the bed where she showed her the dolls she had while Dalyor paid the elderly woman for her services, but she refused the money. “You’re a good boy, Dalyor. You should keep that for Keya, and also get a new job. You’re too bright and honest for that work.”

“I’ll keep that in mind”, he whispered before she leave the three of them alone. He started to go and pack up her things, getting ready for the trip ahead of them. Either way, he was happy to get out of this city.