Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > Godsbane [GO Event]
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
Unending sunlight has been brought to the world amidst a god of light's crusade against what it deems to be evil or immoral. While she had no love of the creatures of the night her experiences first hand and with others showed that not all creations of the dark were monsters. In fact, the destruction and chaos that the god had brought with its crusade has or will kill more innocent than monsters. She wished to put an end to this true nightmare; she was aware that she was at a sizable disadvantage due to her form and lack of divine power herself.

With nature at the greatest risk, she had planned to speak with the fae courts as the queens of each court were said to rival gods in power. While she doubted that the courts would even speak to an undead she had to try as it was one of the few options she had, or so she had thought.

Looking to her finger a ribbon had been tied around it. All attempts to remove the ribbon magical or physical seemed to be for not as the ribbon seemed to be a trick of the mind. Harding her mental defences against further mental attacks she looked around for the caster. An illusion, why would someone place a ribbon around my finger when other tricks would have been more effective?

Standing her ground and looking for any signs of the caster as for such magics the caster has to be nearby. Scanning the forest the Priestess assumed it was some sort of fae trickery at work. Not seeing nor sensing any sort of creature able to create such a trick only held Lixue in place more. Minutes felt like hours as whatever had placed the ribbon around her seemed to grow impatient as it began to tug at the Undead's finger in an attempt to get her to follow the ribbon that lay before her.

You think I'll fall for such a simple trick no doubt you're trying to lead me into a trap. Refusing to move the tugging of the ribbon only increased as it attempted to pull the caution Priestess forward. Stubbornly pulling the ribbon back the Undead and the ribbon went back and forth until the fibres of the ribbon cried out from the strain. As the outsider fibres snapped the sharp pluck seemed to draw more power into the ribbon as it was able to pull the Priestess off her feet sending her flying forward.

"Ahhhaa"! Catching Lixue completely off guard as the ribbon sent her barreling forward. Placing her arms out in front she prepared a protection spell to brace for the inevitable impact. However, none came in fact what came was a secondary shock to her senses as she was now in complete darkness. Unsure to what or where she was with the magical nature of the ribbon it would be safe to assume that she had been transferred to a pocket dimension created by the very same being who created the ribbon. Aside from the complete darkness of the realm, a calming sensation tried to envelop her. Unfortunately, it had the opposite effect on Lixue as it put her more on edge.

As she thought of ways to escape the odd plain, the sound of waves echoed through her thoughts as water washed over her feet. Looking around her new surroundings as somehow she had been unknowingly transported to an odd topical island. Moving out of the water the beach adjacent to the ocean had no sand, only pink sea glass. Kicking the sea glass and looking to the forest she tested out her magic just to see if she could defend herself if need be.

Following along a path in the tropical forest by all accounts it seemed to be a normal forest, but one well tended to as the trees and forest grew more decorated and uniformed as the Undead continued on. Moving further in the bioluminescent plants that decorated the trees increased until Lixue reached a flower bed with a brick mosaic of tree roots entangled around a heart. I was beginning to think this was one of the fae courts, but this is far too tacky even for the Seelie court members.

The clacking of hooves caught Lixue's ear raising her guard. As she turned to face the possible guard of this plane she was met with an equally garish carriage that matched with the surrounding with two nightmares with golden flames that seemed to be a creation of a young princess's dream than a reality. Keeping her distance from the carriage she noticed that it had no driver or passengers. "I suppose this is for me, I'd rather walk". Leaving the carriage behind Lixue would continue on as it would be easier to see attacking coming on foot than in the disgusting opulent carriage.

Continuing on the pink sea glass pathway through the forest she finally came across something they may hold the one who had brought her to this world. The large building was extravagantly decorated as well but lacked the vibrant colours that the rest of the world had to offer. Entering the courtyard a fountain with a woman and many children carrying vases was the centrepiece of the area. However, unlike most fountains it circulated a red liquid that lacked the colour or viscosity of blood.

Greeting may the Mother’s embrace fall upon you

Looking over to the owner of the voice Lixue would see a man in white robes with a calming smile. Staring back at the servant? She would keep her distance and guard up. “Hello, I suppose this Mother you speak of would be the one how created this realm”?

Yes our Beloved Mother Angela Weaver of Life & Love”! His smile grew as he spoke of this Angela, but taking notice of the Priestess’ apprehension and distrust of him the Man moved over to the fountain and filled a cup with the liquid before returning back as he attempted to hand Lixue the cup. “Here a creation of the Mother, it will ease your worries”.

Looking at the cup she would not take it and hold up her hand that had the ribbon on it. “I’m only interested in this ribbon and why it is on my finger and why I have been spirited away to this strange realm”. Noticing that the ribbon was gone she bring her hand in front of her eyes before placing her hand back down as the ribbon that was once on her finger had disappeared. Where am I who is this Angela if it's another god perhaps I can gain their assistance against the other god of light who is a threat to life? Thinking more about this Mother, Lixue face froze as she did not know how a god of life would react to an undead such her as her.
Kiba

Character Info
Name: Kiba Balatro
Alignment: TN
Race: Diowolf/Dragon Shade
Class: Champion - Protector Vitae
Silver: 5904
A crusade to extinguish the world of those that were not of ‘pure’ bloodlines…it was going to be an issue amongst the gods and the world. Kiba’s own family could be seen as an ‘unpure’ or ‘sinners’ just from the blood that ran through their veins. He worried most about his grandson, Dae. The boy had grown to take up an occupation that grossly went outside the bounds of the law. Certainly this would make him a target for the Annointed. Everything felt as if it were a mess his thoughts went to his granddaughter; fiancée of Wrath. All a total mess.

After assuring that his family was safe, Kiba had come to the temple in order to make sure that all was in order there. He was worried about how this would affect the balance of Lady Angela with the new angel goddess. The hairs on the back of his neck still bristled at the Falling of Lokir. It had been a difficult loss for the diowolf, but at the very least his old patron deity was happy in his retirement. Either way, Kiba was not impressed with the newly Raised goddess that filled the open position in Power.

He shook his head while he pushed away from his desk. It was coming to his attention that there were not enough soldiers that had declared themselves to Angela. She needed to have a self-organized army considering the increase in creatures needing to be held at bay. Kiba was starting with finding solid allies he could trust to be at the goddess’s call when necessary. The Protector Vitae would make sure it was a small group at first of highly talented warriors. Once that was put together, he could grow from there.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he heard a knock at his door. It was a tentative sound that told him that the maiden on the other side was not wanting to bother him. He chuckled to himself as he reached the door to pull it open. It was one of the young acolytes who was still getting acquainted with the way of the Temple. ”What can I do for you?”. He made sure his tone was gentle as he could see the woman slightly shaking. The effort was noted as the young woman lifted her gaze up before passing him a message. With a little curtesy, she turned to head down the corridor. The diowolf frowned for a moment while unrolling the scroll to read it. A light sigh escaped him by the end of his reading the note.

Smooth, long strides were made back to where he had kept the items that had been gifted to him from his goddess. Deep breath was taken in as the gauntlets were pulled over his fingers and wrists. Within the red swirling gems on the back of the hands were granular bits of living sand to be used at his discretion. Flexing his hands to make sure that they were fitted properly, he turned to gather up the sword sheaths to be strapped to his back. Two blades crossed along his back to fit above the potentialed summoned armor, all the weapons gifted by his deities in the realm.

One last sigh was taken before he left the quarters assigned to him. Quick steps were taken as he made his way through the temple to finally stand beneath the full sun that beat down upon the courtyard. The fountain continuously flowed with the tonic water. Many times he would find himself greeting guests of the realm in the shadow of the fountain, and it seemed that this visit would be no different. As he came around from behind the male acolyte. Kiba could hear the tone that Basil had, and held back the smile on his features. The diowolf patted the man on the back heartily in acknowledgment that he could leave. ”I’m sorry for the delay, Basil. I will speak with our new visitor. You can return to your duties.”. The acolyte smiled graciously as he hurried to return to his delayed chores in the clinic.

The mismatching eyes of the Champion focused on the woman who had been holding up her hand while posing a question. Kiba had heard the exchange, and knew that it was above what Basil could handle. ”Greetings to you traveler. I am Kiba Balatro, Champion and Protector Vitae for the Lady Angela, goddess of Life and Love. It sounds as if your arrival was less than conventional…or wanted. What can I do for you to help make this day easier for you?”. Kiba tilted his head slightly to the side as he allowed his Reztreal to take in the newcomers aura. The red orb got the information that he needed, as he waited for what was truly going on. The note had been rather detailed from his rangers that had been stationed along the path towards the temple. Gaze narrowed slightly as he looked down at the girl.