Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > A Humble Request (GO)
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
It was not that Kythe had been putting off this visit so much as that she had wanted to prepare herself in case the Goddess could do nothing for her - what use was asking the Lady Angela to heal her wound if the Goddess could not? If that became the case then she would be stuck with the festering, poisonous injury until it or something else killed her and unless she learnt to push passed the pain that it caused her with even the smallest of movements then she would be useless to those she loved and be nothing more than a burden to them. Kythe was too proud to be a burden to those she loved; that was why she had delayed a little in coming to ask for aid - Kiba had done enough for her since her arrival and she needed to be able to repay him for that. Not to mention she was his mother - she was meant to look after him not the other way around, not until she was on her deathbed at least and she was far from that day. 

Making her approach to Elysia Kythe had watched the heartstring appear and attach itself to her finger; following where it led as she instinctively knew she must. When she came to the Soul Stream Kythe had taken a moment to drink in the sight of it and revel in the emotions it conjured within her heart. For all her strength, for all her courage and stubbornness the grief of being pulled away from her husband, her children and all the rest of her family was still fresh in her mind and her heart - to feel that love here without them filled her with a warm glow that for a time she had thought lost to her. It would be fleeting, she knew that, but for a moment she felt as though her heart had mended - it would, she knew, mend over time… but this would suffice until that day came. 

Grasping the string she let it pull her onwards until she found herself stringless upon a beach that shone in every colour of the rainbow. Kythe stood there, amazed by what she saw before her and she could not help but smile. If this journey turned out to be fruitless in terms of healing the damage done she would not regret it if only for the vision she saw before her. "You have a beautiful home my Lady." Kythe said softly. "It is an honour to take this journey if nothing else, you are kind to let us see such sights…" She uttered as she turned to follow the torchlit path that led through the jungle until she spotted the carriage pulled by the Nightmares. Nodding to them (as she always did to any creature she met) she stepped into the carriage and let them take her to the Palace. Stepping out she thanked them before striding into the courtyard, her eyes fixed upon the fountain before her. 

It was here, before the red tinted waters, that Kythe came to kneel, bowing her head to the vision of the Goddess and her children, eyes closed as she spoke her prayer. "My Lady Angela, I have come here seeking an audience with you. My name is Kythe Sitari, though once not so long ago I went by Silverheart, I am Kiba's surrogate mother and it was his suggestion that I come to seek you out. I have only recently arrived in Revaliir having been cast out from my homeworld and torn away from my husband, my children, my family and friends and all that I held dear there… my own Gods fear me, and rightly so I suppose…" She sighed and continued. "My home has long since suffered at the hands of the Deities that created it, none more so than the one we called Father - the God of Life and Death within Myna. It was his siblings, the other Gods and Goddesses, who asked me to end his reign of tyranny upon them and my homeworld and I did just that - I killed him and earned my title as Godslayer amongst my world… but not before that insufferable God left me with a souvenir of my own." Shrugging her right arm from her coat Kythe unwound the bandages that covered her shoulder, pulling away the poultice and herbs and wincing as the full force of the putrid wound hit her all at once. It was angry, a large and deep gash across her right shoulder into her upper muscles that was not red but black - tendrils of black poison visibly infected the rest of her arm and heading towards her neck from the wound itself. "Given who he was I know the wound to be Divine in nature; I am forced to keep as calm as I can in order to slow the spread of it but I fear that my death at it's doing will be inevitable, the agony of it I can live with, my Death I do not fear… but I have just found Kiba again and if I can delay my end in this life for even a while longer than I beg of you please… allow me that if nothing else. I do not know if you can heal me given it comes from a Deity of another world, if you cannot heal me fully then please at least delay what is inevitable so that I might make sure my son is safe…" Tears began to flow from her eyes and drip into the pool before her as she continued. "I have lost much in recent days and if I can make sure that he will be alright when I am gone then I can walk the Path with a light heart at least… My Lady I will give you whatever you ask from me if only you can delay my death… I beg of you give me the time to ensure Kiba and his family will be safe…"
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Gods were mostly fickle creatures. Angela knew this more than anyone else. However, she had grown up as a god and to her it was nothing special. As such most of the time she didn’t want to be called by fancy titles. It was something she put up with on a daily basis and those she considered family or friends shouldn’t do so in front of her. She heard the prayers of Kythe Sitari. Or rather her compliments. The goddess looked up from the book she was reading Myrra, who was only a yearling at that point, and motioned to Anemone who was near by. Still Angela continued her great story telling to the child. Myrra laughed as Angela put her lips against her cheek and blew a raspberry.

Anemone bowed softly and was in for a shock at who was gracing her Lady’s door. Her overly good hearing allowed for her to hear Kythe and the nymph stopped. Popping the door opened just a tad her lilac eyes peeked out and watched the mother of her lover. So this was why Angela had chosen her. The little one had told the goddess all about her adventures in Zets’Ki Cradle.

“Maybe you are speaking too much of what to give to her,” Anemone appeared outside the door by Kythe once the woman was done speaking her request. “Lady Angela sent me to fetch you.” The girl was sweet as she took a soft cloth and began to dry Kythe’s pretty face. There was a warm smile on Anemone’s lips. “The Goddess Angela requires very little for such a request. She is reading to her youngest right now and sends her apologies for not meeting you here.” Anemone held out her hand. There was a more confident air to the little nymph now that they were in Angela’s domain. “Stand tall Kythe Sitari… Your wish has been heard.”

After her hand had been taken Anemone brought her into the temple. They made their way past the throne room where Angela HAD been but appeared to no longer be there. “She must have laid Myrra down finally.” Anemone mused as she shut the dual stained glass doors.

“Come to my workshop,” the goddess’s voice was soft as it surrounded Anemone and Kythe.

“OH! Of course… Follow me please.” There was a little more pep in her step as her tiny legs carried her quickly to a marble carved door. She opened the white stone door and inside poured out a humid heat. The wild sounds of the tropics poured out. The gentle sound of waterfalls that were tiny reached their ears. It sent a wave of relaxation around them. Small streams and bridges were built throughout the cleric workshop. All made of the same white marble while there were tropical trees and flowers acting like walls and curtains. The goddess was in the far corner and Anemone clasped her hands together once they reached there. “I brought Kythe like you asked.”

“Thank you Anemone… You can leave for the moment…” Angela was looking over the woman. Now the queen was a fairly tall woman at five feet seven inches and she was full of curves. Her long red hair was left wild around her shoulders and hips. “I heard your story from the flowers. I do hope I wasn’t overly rude with not greeting you. Myrra is my youngest and she just doesn’t like it when people interrupt her. I think she is too spoiled but ADraejen just adores her.” Angela’s odd green and red eyes winked.

“Gods are a pain in the ass but I have found that I can reverse what they do rather easily. I do hope that you will stop the nonsense that you brought to my door though. Live every day without regret but never be okay with death being at your door.” There was much love in her voice as she patted a stone bed. “Looks uncomfortable but you will find it to be opposite. This is the same one that Kiba laid on when I healed him. Will you tell me more about him and yourself while I look you over? Preferably if you are comfortable strip down… Will make it easier. Don’t much like using magic if I don’t have to.” There was humor in her voice at the last part. “And please… For all things holy please just call me Angela. We are practically family.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
A familiar voice called out to her and broke through the melancholy of Kythe’s thoughts, warming a heart full of the ice cold fear of dread and grief. Looking up Kythe smiled at the sight of the Nymph. “For five minutes more with those I love I would give all that I have and all that I am.” She answered, standing up to face the girl with a smile on her face as the Nymph wiped her face and helped her back to her feet. It was good to see Anemone again; the young woman brought a smile to her son’s face and that meant more to Kythe than anything… though she was selfish in the fact that she wanted to bask in that a little longer if she could she supposed.
”No apology is necessary; her children must come first – as a mother I know that all too well. The fact that your Lady has allowed me to grace her doorstep is enough in itself.” She added, wiping her tears from her eyes and chastising herself for such weakness in front of the girl and in front of the Goddess. Where was that pride she had become famous for in Myna? Where was that air of defiance towards the Gods regardless of what world she was on? Long gone it seemed, in the face of the potential to die and leave her family behind. Pol wouldn’t have recognised his wife!

Smiling Kythe let Anemone lead her through the Temple, taking in the warmth of the place and of the girl by her side. She could definitely see why Kiba had fallen in love with her; she was a sweet girl with a good heart and she was the light he needed given the loss of his wife. The Temple was wonderful and every time they entered a new part of it Kythe took the opportunity it drink it in; the humidity did not bother her in the slightest in fact she found it comfortable – maybe it was the Dragon in her that enjoyed the higher temperatures as it did.

She nodded as Anemone left them, smiling to the girl as she turned her attention to the Goddess, bowing to her properly now they were face to face. ”Not at all my Lady. Your daughter was the priority not me; so long as she enjoyed her story then I was content to wait.” She replied smiling at the conversation – what parent didn’t dote upon their children especially the youngest amongst them?

Kythe chuckled. ”In that we are in complete agreement. If not my own then the ones in DaeLuin slighted me enough to leave me somewhat wary of your kind usually; but Kiba speaks highly of you and I met with Anemone at the ball, a more sincere young woman would be hard to find, so I trust in their judgement if nought else.” Sitting upon the stone bed she let out a small, slightly mirthless laugh. ”Sadly I was born with Death at my door; you either get used to it’s presence or give into it too soon I find. This time however has been the closest I think I’ve come to fearing my own demise.” She sighed.
Laughing she nodded and put a gentle hand on Angela’s forearm. ”Angela it is and family we most certainly seem to be becoming if those two have anything to say about it. And if they don’t then I will have something to say about it.” She snorted. ”I don’t know how much you know of my son but I’ll tell you from my side at least. I met him on DaeLuin when he was a youngster; he had lost the sight in his eye and he was angry. I was Death’s Champion and he was under Liara’s care at the time so I took him on as an apprentice, taught him how to fight with one eye as well as how to harness that rage of his – we channelled it and he learnt that he could be as angry as he liked so long as he let it out in the right way. Over the years we spent more and more time together and grew closer – as he lost family so did I until one day I realised that the angry youngster I had spent days beating up with a staff had become as close to being my son as he could be without being born of me. I love him with all of my heart and having been torn away from my family I fear losing him again… it was hard enough to leave DaeLuin and leave him as it was but at least that had been my decision for the good of my children… at the time at least. As for me… well what would you want to know? I’m an old crotchety warrior who has spent a hundred lifetimes fighting a hundred causes to ensure that the world is safe and that people are free to live, essentially anyway. I’ve had my husband and my children pulled away from me and I find myself here.”