Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > Desperate Healing {R,GO}
Kiba

Character Info
Name: Kiba Balatro
Alignment: TN
Race: Diowolf/Dragon Shade
Class: Champion - Protector Vitae
Silver: 5904
The garden was quite impressive and full of an assortment of smells and sights.  He wanted to explore further and get to know the area.  The woman he had called out to did not hesitate to reply to him.  Kiba was pleased that he had not startled her in the least.  She crossed the distance between them with a confidence that was refreshing.  Though, the diowolf could not imagine Angela would have any clergy that could not hold their own in her employ.  When there was an explanation given for the garden, he could not hold back the slight frown on his face.  "What is the Soul-Stream?" he asked with genuine curiosity.  He accepted one of the berries that were contained in the basket that she carried.  Their eyes connected for a moment.  Her eyes were a lovely lavender that he had not seen before.  It was obvious that she was not a normal human, and he could smell a flower scent coming from her though he could not place it exactly.  Whatever it was, it was lovely.  

His head pulled back slightly in surprise as she mentioned his healing.  "Yes.  Lady Angela was able to heal my wounds, though I'm surprised you could tell of my memory issue.  Are my eyes really clouded?"  Kiba lifted his hand and touched the edge of his left eye where his Reztreal was placed instead of his true eye.  "Are you sure it doesn't have to do with this fake one?"  He poked the corner a couple more times before he examined the fruit again that she had given him.  The diowolf had lifted the berry almost to his lips right as she had finally spoke of what they were.  Head tilted down and eyes widened in disbelief, though he knew what she said was to be true since it made no sense to give falsehoods.  "An aphrodisiac berry?  How do you keep them in stock around here?" he joked as he popped it into his mouth.  The flavor was a mixed one that he could not quite place but it was pleasant.  "These are tasty, miss.  I will have to have more…in small amounts though to be safe," he laughed.

Kiba glanced around, but did not stray his eyes for long.  "It's an honor to meet you Anemone, maiden of love for Lady Angela."  He bowed politely to her with a smile on his lips.  It did not take in long to regret the deep bow as it had strained his injury though did not do further damage.  The magicks put on him were taking quickly enough with the skill that Angela had placed.  "My name is Kiba.  I am a mere traveler and swordsman.  If I may ask, what are you doing as your task for the day?  I can't imagine that anyone in Angela's realm would loiter for long.  She seems to keep a tight ship."

Anemone

Character Info
Name: Anemone
Alignment: TG
Race: Nymph
Class: Temple Maiden
Silver: 2634
Anemone looked taken back quite a bit by his question before laughing. It was not every day that they got someone who didn’t know of Lady Angela’s teachings. “The Soul-Stream is the place where Life and Death become one and exchange their presents to each other. When life is extinguished our souls make the great travel to the Soul-Stream either for eternal damnation or for rebirth. Its other name is Ouroboros. The never-ending cycle of Life and Death.”

The small nymph giggled at him and shook her head. “I can tell by the look in your eyes. Something is missing and what you don’t know what… In other words… They are clouded. Try not to rush through your healing. Your third eye is the most important one.” She moved her hand up to his forehead and touched the center. “It’s healing is most crucial to living without regrets.”

When it came to the berry she chuckled and put her finger to her lips. “They grow on the bushes around the garden. I can show you if you want. They should only be picked by Lady Angela and myself. Testaments of love and affection. The greatest gift we can give newlyweds is a good first night together. The hope of fertility if that is what they want to achieve.” She smiled when he said they were good and tilted her head. “You can have some whenever you would like if you find me.”

When he bowed she was quick to drop her basket and come support him where she thought he was hurt. She kept her hands supporting his back and stomach as her eyes latched onto his. She helped him back up. “You shouldn’t strain yourself Kiba. You’ve only just begun to heal. I’m sure that your politeness can be saved for a time when it’s not critical to your health.” Her voice was soft as she spoke full of concern for his health. “I am just picking berries and going over my log for weddings in the future. My days are quiet and often I am left alone to my own devices. But this is my home too so I suppose loitering would be alright in my case.”

She broke away to look at a single blossoming Myrtle tree. “I was born from that tree. So I feel most at home here in this garden. I don’t remember who I could have been or what my life was like before I was born here. I suppose that’s why I know the look in your eyes so well.” Giving him a smile she helped him over to a bench. “You should sit. I can get you some real food. You are probably hungry after everything you have probably been through."

Kiba

Character Info
An embarrassed escaped him as the nymph's look of surprise came across her delicate featured face.  He had just admitted openly how little he knew of the world that he now resided in.  It was the first time that he felt embarrassed for not knowing where he was or how things worked.  If he was being truthful with himself, he would admit it was the first time that he actually cared to know.  Now that it was becoming abundantly clear that he was stuck in Revaliir he needed to know more about the land itself and how the magicks worked together.  With injuries on the mend there was the potential for him to learn the new ley lines that comprised Revaliir.  The diowolf felt his muscles were attempting to remember their old power.  Darkness and the flame had particular pulls for him, which could only mean that they had once been his true potentials.  Relearning magic would not be easy, but he was up to the task.  

"The Soul-Stream is quite essential then."  His musing was obvious, but the entire concept of Life and Death working in cohesion was an oddity.  Many did not think of Life and Death in one concept, but they were truly paired.  They were not enemies, but a necessary pairing.  Kiba had always felt it was a give and take that was more than a good or evil.  It was interesting and quite nice to learn that his views were how the deities of Revaliir ran their world.  "That is a very poetic way to put it, thank you for educating me.  I like how it is all spoken of….not that my opinion matters in the least," he laughed with a wink.

He stilled as she spoke of his clouded eyes.  There was much missing from him, and in some ways he was not sure if he wanted it back.  If he continued to worry about the past than he would have a difficult time building a future.  What concerned him the most was if he had lost important people behind him.  There was an ache that was in his chest that told him that his worries were correct.  Her words struck true with him, and there was a warmth that spread through him as she touched the center of his forehead.  Kiba's face had turned slightly solemn, but he could smile slightly down at her as she attempted to console him.  Her voice was soothing even without fully understanding what her talk of the third eye was.

Dual colored eyes watched as the basket dropped to the ground while the maiden helped him.  "Thank you," he smiled and with her help stood back up.  She was much shorter than him and it amused him slightly as well as touched his heart that she was as concerned with his healing.  It made sense since she was of the shrine for Angela.  "It is important to always keep manners at the forefront, especially for kind young women."   The diowolf lifted a brow as she spoke of her duties with the temple and duties as a maiden for Angela.  "Logs of for future weddings?  I never thought that was a thing that was for a goddess, but that is a nice thought.  Lady Angela is quite an involved goddess."  

He followed her lead and sat down on a nearby bench while listening to her.  "I guess we do have more in common than I first thought," he returned her smile.  "And food would be great.  Now that the pain has subsided…I can't remember the last time that I ate any food.  My travels have been sporadic.  There are many small superstitious villages that do not like the visits of a newcomer.  I did the best I could with hunting on my own, but this injury held me back quite a bit.  Couldn't even change."  

Anemone

Character Info
Anemone wore a bright smile as he talked about manners. There was a chuckle from her lips. “Still you must rest try and not be so formal with me. One would think it was bad for your health.” She held the diowolf up and supported him the best she could with her small body and help he gave. “Aye, weddings are a huge deal for the Rosenites so Lady Angela takes great pleasure in healing arrange weddings for all. She can take the time out of her day to do a few here or there… but for those that she can’t do, I help with them.”

Once she got him down on the bench the young maiden made sure that he would be alright. “You will find that you often have much in common with strangers. Sometimes it is hidden beneath a veil that we often do not check. Even though that we would mark as our enemies are often alike us in some way. Even if we do not agree with how they ended up.” The nymph nodded to him and threw her hair over her shoulder as she thought about what to get him. “Well… We will get you some food. It sounds like it has been too rough of a journey for you not to have a feast. I will bother the chefs immediately.”

The small woman laid a kiss on his cheek as she made sure he sat back. “Give me some time. Stay right here.” She made sure he had her orders before she wandered off to find the kitchen. After some words, she brought a rolling cart with her. It was loaded with many different types of cooked foods, loaves of bread, and even some desserts. “Please eat… I didn’t know how much you would eat so I got a lot. What you don’t eat I can always give to the other helpers in the temple.” She parked the cart over by him before taking a seat next to him on the bench.

“The food cooked here is often delicacies of Sularia, Lady Angela’s homeland. Please enjoy it…” She crossed her legs and folded her arms in her lap. “Afterwards, if no one has shown you to a room.” She blushed a bit and looked away. “I could show you to a free room near my own that is used for travelers.”

Kiba

Character Info
“Interesting,” he responded while taking his seat. “I really am surprised that a goddess would be as involved as she is. Though, I am thankful for that since any other healer wouldn’t have been able to handle the extensive injuries that she just healed.” Kiba touched his side where the flesh was still tender. Only a short time ago it had been gaping as well as heavily infected. He was grateful that she had been able to come to his aid as quickly as she had. “If she is unable to do too many, then that means you must be extra busy. What goes into the planning or pulling off a wedding under the banner of the goddess? I can’t imagine that every wedding in Revaliir would be proceeded over by the goddess’s power.” Kiba was genuinely intrigued by the process. The diowolf had never thought about the concept since it had not been something that meant anything to him…at least in this lifetime. With him unable to remember he could never quite know if marriage had been something in his past. It made him wonder if there was someone that was waiting for him. Someone to miss him with being gone. Were they still alive? Or had they been unable to escape the abyss that had almost swallowed him whole?

He laughed in surprise that she was taking his hunger as an urgent like mission for her to go act upon. “It really is not that serious. I can handle until I get back to the main land…wherever that is. I’m still confused on the entire concept of the placing of this temple. Miracle I made it here in the first place.” Kiba chuckled, but was soon cut off with a gentle kiss placed on his cheek. Anemone was not taking his words to heart and was eager to get something for his aching stomach. “Fine then. As you wish. I shall not move from here. Thank you again for the kindness.” The diowolf adjusted in his sitting position to be slightly more comfortable. He was grateful that there was a back to the bench for him to lean upon.

The sound of wheels upon the path made him turn his head to see the cart piled with an assortment of treats made him laugh. “You went all out for this, thank you!” He could already smell the aroma in the air that made his stomach make a more audible protest to the lack of food within in. No movement was made to take a morsel until the maiden had taken her seat and was settled. He grabbed one of the pastries that also had the hint smell of meat. Kiba selected a small roll for Anemone and handed it to her. “Don’t let me eat by myself. I am sure you were due for a break soon anyway.” He leaned back against the bench and took a hearty bite. The food was delicious, and quite perfect for his current condition. With each swallow he could feel his hunger pains sated.

“A room? That would be wonderful. And if it is close to someone I know and enjoy the company of…than it would be even more welcomed. The generosity of this place is more than overwhelming. I am not sure if I will ever be able to repay the kindness.” The pastry was finished. He took another of the selections, but this time turned to face Anemone a little more. “So tell me, maiden of the temple…what do you do with your time when you are not working on weddings or picking fruit that brings lovers ecstasy? There must be something that you do for fun.”

Anemone

Character Info
Anemone understood how weird it probably was for the goddess to be as involved as she was. It took her a few minutes to think of how to explain her lady’s tendencies. “See… the thing is…” She struggled for a moment. “Lady Angela is quite the perfectionist… Sometimes she has the compulsion to make sure everything is as good as it can be so that’s why she is as involved as she is. I suppose it’s the one thing she’s kept about her from her mortal life, at least I think so anyway.”

There was a soft laugh that escaped her lips as she thought about her lifestyle. “I suppose that’s true. I am really busy most of the time but before the temple, I can’t remember anything. I suppose that’s the life of a tree but Shayla, another clergy member, is also a tree spirit… and she remembers everything from her time as a willow tree.” She scrunched her eyebrows together in thought before she relaxed once more. “I suppose I keep myself busy so I don’t think about it.” Maybe that’s how she knew Kiba was missing something because she was also missing parts of herself. Even a vague memory would be better than the darkness she found herself in but she knew that sometimes it was better to have forgotten than to remember something tragic and heartbreaking like Shayla. “Not every wedding is done by my lady but there are enough to keep us busy almost all year round. Terra is a terrible season for us… Everyone tries to get married then.”

The woman tilted her head towards Kiba as he tried to reason with her. “Nonsense… Food now.” She would explain how the temple worked later but for now, she was on a mission. “Good.” She gave him a kind smile before she took off now that she felt better about him not going anywhere. In his condition, it would have been bad if he had wandered off by himself in the ever-expanding temple and realm.

“You are hungry so, of course, I went all out.” Anemone giggled as she pulled the cart up to him and sat by his side once more. Her face had a bit of a shocked expression on it as he handed her the small roll but it was only for a moment before she thanked him with a smile and took small nibbles from it. She hadn’t quite realized she hadn’t eaten yet for the day. “I guess I hadn’t eaten at all today either… Now that I think about it.” She wasn’t about to protest now that she discovered her own hunger. She ate the roll and moved on to an apple.

She stopped eating and swallowed the apple bit in her mouth as she gave a smile. “Sure, you are a guest in the temple after all. I am sure that I have a room near me now that I think about it. Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about paying us back… It’s our job to help those who need it.” He definitely needed it at that moment and Anemone had a feeling she would have helped him regardless.

When he turned to face her violet eyes met his bi-colored ones. “What do I do?” She rolled her eyes back and forth as she thought about it. “Go on walks around the realm I suppose? There is a beach, hot springs, and the gardens are beautiful too. I suppose that I am a rather boring person when I am not working.” A light blush crossed her face as she thought about it some more. “Sometimes I paint but only when I get inspired to do so but lately it has been a bit hard because I’ve been so busy… When you feel better though I can show you the hot springs and the beach. I’m sure that you passed the beach on your way here but in your condition, I’m sure you missed the great detail of it.”

Once they were done eating she took him by the arm and helped him up. “I’ll send someone back for the cart. Let me show you your room so you can get some rest. Tomorrow we can go adventuring in the realm if you are up for it.” Anemone gave him a gentle smile before helping him through the temple. It wasn’t truly a long walk compared to the rest of his journey in Elysia but it was enough. They came across a hall with many doors and Anemone stopped at one near the end. “This is my room… and you can stay in the one next to it.” She helped him across the hall and opened the door. It was a very nice room made up for what could have been nobility. With its large bed with a canopy over it, a nice fireplace, and pretty much any other comforts one could think of. Gently the temple maiden helped him to the bed and sat him down on the edge. “Do you need anything? A drink? Sleeping clothes?” She tilted her head at him. “I’ll get you what you need and if you think of anything else I’m right across the hall… I’m sure you could even yell for me and I would hear you.” There was still a concerned look in her eyes and she was sure that he didn’t want to be babied but she certainly couldn’t help it with how hurt he was.