Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > Desperate Healing {R,GO}
Kiba

Character Info
Name: Kiba Balatro
Alignment: TN
Race: Diowolf/Dragon Shade
Class: Champion - Protector Vitae
Silver: 5904
“Damn it this hurts,” Kiba hissed as he clutched at his side once again. This was the fifth time in the last twenty minutes. He clenched his teeth tightly as he attempted to push through the pain. Upon arriving to the new land there had been injuries that had been sustained. The diowolf had been grateful that a ‘friend’ had come to his aid, but now he was sure that it had not been enough. Kale was no expert healer to handle the wound that continuously reopened no matter what Kiba did. He had not the heart to tell the other man of the insufficient surgery. It had been pure blind luck that Kale had happened upon the wounded diowolf. If there was a goddess of luck in this land, he felt he was already under her gaze in some way. How could either of them known that the stitches would not hold even with constant redressing?  

He laughed softly as he pulled at the bottom of his shirt to examine the large gash along the left side of his abdomen. Stitches refused to take hold in his skin, and the wound appeared to begin to fester. Kiba poked at it gently to see a small amount of puss form at the edges. “Well, that cannot be a good sign.” Roughly he pulled the fabric down and cursed again under his breath. Boots scraped the pebbles under his feet as his weight shifted. “There has to be something I can do…someone can do. I’m alive…I can’t give up.” He scratched the back of his neck while looking at his surroundings. Per usual he recognized nothing. Everything would be new to him for a long time to come. Until he as able to get his life in order, Kiba was determined to travel the new land in order to understand where he was. There was no going back to his original home. This would have to be it for now and accept the fate that had come to him.

“But if I don’t get this taken care of there will be no future,” he laughed. “Okay. Kale had mentioned a goddess that heals. What was her name? I should learn the deities quickly to ensure I don’t get struck down for my ignorance.” It took a few moments of rolling names off his tongue before he remembered the Weaver of Life. “Angela Rose.” A red string appeared around his heart finger that made him jump slightly in surprise. Brows lifted disbelief while examining it closer. The red string appeared to trail off into the distance that beckoned him to follow. He swallowed hard and checked the gifted sword that remained sheathed on his back before following the string. There was no explaining why he felt this way, but he was sure that it would lead him to where he needed to go.

His vision, even with the Reztreal, began to blur. The surroundings of the forest he had been camping in disappeared to be replaced by a rather fascinating beach. “Another beach…this does not seem like good luck to me.” Sweat began to bead upon his brow as his side began to ache deeper. There was no time to admire the sea glass that was in place of fine sand. He glanced around for any hint of where he should go next in order to receive the help he desperately needed. Finally he saw a line of torches that appeared to give indication of where the palace would be.  

Kiba did not hesitate to follow the torches into the forest in hopes of finding some sort of clinic that would help the festering wound. The forest was humid to say the least. The beads of sweat began to trickle down the side of his face, which he quickly wiped them away. “Hill….a freakin’ hill. Okay, I got this,” he encouraged himself. The diowolf caught a glimpse of the white stoned palace; a wave of relief washed over him. There had to be help somewhere in the giant structure. He could not focus on the gold that trimmed the white stone, or that the quartz that carried the heavy edifice.   

Upon arriving in the main courtyard, Kiba was panting heavily in an effort to catch his breath. He clutched at his side and could feel his black tunic was soaked in his slick blood. Another hiss escaped him as he pushed against the wound in an effort for the pressure to help slow the flow. Weariness began to tug at every muscle in him. He looked upon the fountain of the Mother. Kiba made his way over to sit upon the edge to take a rest. There was no disrespect meant, but the diowolf had no more energy in him. “Please pardon the intrusion, but could I receive some help? I’m having an issue with this. I heard this was the place to come if there was necessary healing by the best.” His words were strained as he puffed through each word.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
It was the feeling of a new soul that woke her up from her slumber. The goddess had been getting drowsy as of late thanks to the little one that grew inside of her. Myrra was an incredibly talented child even inside the womb just like her brother Rohan had been. It was a hurting soul that entered her plane. She pushed the sleep from her eyes and got up to change. It was an airy dress. Thin strapped golden wove with a band of green around the waist.

She appeared in a cloud of hundreds of lightning bugs that formed her. It was a bright light before it settled. “You should have asked so much sooner my dear. You look like you had one hell of a time getting here. I would not be so rude to jump you on your way here.” No, she would have waited for him to pass out or to ask her for assistance. “I would say it is much more than an issue my sweet.” Her words were full of worry.

The red-haired goddess to his hand and they appeared inside her medical room. It was teeming with life. The insects and the birds made their music like a symphony to the ears. There were tropical trees around and yet he laid on a bed with a medicinal counter nearby where she could work. Angela’s nimble fingers took his shirt away without hardly moved. She threw it over her shoulder having it land on one of her many bushes. “You’ll need a new one I am afraid.”

Her head tilted as her long red hair fell. “By the Voice, if I wasn’t a goddess you would be dead. This wound is festering… deep under your skin.” She poked it to cause him pain to get the point across. “Why on my green earth did you let this get this bad?” Grabbing some potions from the shelf she began to dump it on his wounds. “Any other wounds I should know about?” The wounds would burn from the potions as it ran through the wounds. A snap of her fingers caused green magic to mingle with the potion as it worked on healing the wounds.

“My name is Angela and I am known as the Mother. However, if someone told you to come here I must know them.” A girl came into the room and spoke in a foreign tongue. Angela responded and shooed her towards the shirt. Bowing the clergy member ran off with it. “She’ll be back with a fresh set of clothes, however, you won’t be seeing clothes for a while.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Kiba

Character Info
“It’s a nice day out,” Kiba mused while holding his side. He dared not shift in case it would allow blood to flow and stain the fountain he used as a resting place. The option to move to the ground was available to him, but at this point there was too much effort that would be necessary. Instead he opted to stay where he was and hope that he did not cause any damage to the goddess’s home. It would be impolite to ask for healing and create a mess in the process. Sweat bead upon his brow and then slowly drip down the side of his face. He did his best to hold himself together. The last thing he wanted to do was demand any sort of help or faster support from the staff of the temple.  

Kiba took heavier and heavier breathes as he sat there attempting to focus his vision. Lightning bugs flashed before him and the diowolf was sure he was hallucinating at that point. He narrowed his eyes in an effort to see the woman that stood before him but his vision had become too blurred. “I most likely should have, milady, but I was too unaware of my surroundings. I was hoping that the care I previously received would be good enough.” Kiba laughed softly as he continued trying to focus his sight on the red haired woman. The Reztreal was not working properly as it continued to just show a halo of light from her. Her words were soothing and full of concern for his state of health. It was oddly settling to hear someone in this new land was concerned for his well-being.

In the blink of an eye they were within the medical room and the transport made his head feel as if it were spinning. He focused on the sounds of the birds to keep from his stomach from reeling too much. Open air touched his bare skin. “I don’t have any coin to my name, so I will have to get a job soon to replace my damaged property. Thank you, milady.” Kiba sucked in a breath as a hiss when she poked the festering wound. Teeth grit together tightly as he forced his eyes closed. It took much of his effort to hold back a growl at the pain, but he was able to contain it. “Thank you for taking the time to see me then. I am fortunate you were home…” The diowolf opened up his eyes and smiled up at the red headed goddess. “I didn’t think it was as bad as this. By the time I noticed I was not sure where to go. Annndd….men are stupid and don’t worry about injuries.” He let out a soft laugh figuring a healer would have run in to that on a regular basis.

“You could enjoy this a little less,” he joked through small grunts as the potions were applied. A burning sensation rippled through his muscled stomach and up his chest as the potions began to do their work. He bit his lower lip to keep his words brief and polite. Sitting up slightly as she introduced herself as Angela, Kiba bowed his head in respect the best he could. “It is an honor to meet you Mother Angela.” Just as quickly he was out of breath and leaned back to rest as the potions did their work. “I did not expect the goddess herself to heal me. True honor.” He was still sweating but not as bad as previously. The potions and magic combination was working. The diowolf glanced after the clergy that was leaving to get him new clothes. Never had he expected to be provided with new apparel. “Thank you. And yes, I believe you know my acquaintance. His name is Kale. He found me on the beach when I washed ashore. I was wounded and he did what he could to mend me. It had worked for a while but I reopened the stiches a few times…and then this…” he said pointing at the slash.  

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela tilted her head at the poor man and shrugged it off. “These are gifts to you. I will replace what I can but a job is a good idea as well.” Her voice was gentle as she poked at him. “Just call me Angela.” She chuckled at him and shook her head. “Girls are just as bad. My daughter Poppy is quite the little brute and hurts herself all the time. You wouldn’t believe how much trouble she gets into.”

There was another smirk on her face as she poked him again. “It is my job. I was a healer before I was a goddess.” He gave his greetings to her and she flicked his nose. “Angela. Also, it is a pleasure to meet you. I’ll let it slide that I had to dig for your name Kiba since you are all broken.” There was that mischievous smirk she was known for.

The redhead paused a bit in her movement. “You let that no talented healer put his hands on you? He doesn’t have an arm for a reason!” She gagged a bit before she laughed. “I do love Kale but you shouldn’t have let him try to heal you. He has no magic for it and… regular alchemy and healing instruments wouldn’t have helped this too much.” She got a salve and gently massaged it into his wound. Her fingertips heated up so it would feel nice against him.

She poked at the slash and held it together. “Here.” Her fingertips let out a heat as she pumped magic energy into it. The skin began to heal rather rapidly. “I won’t do this a second time. I prefer the body’s natural healing mechanics but… this time isn’t the time for it.” She got a washcloth and began to wash him clean. “We’ll get you all set up with a room, food, clothes, and whatever else you need. We have just about everything you should need here… Once you are better we can go for a walk around the realm. It might help you out.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Kiba

Character Info
The diowolf was shocked at the generosity but he was in no position to deny the help since he was without possessions.  Walking around Revaliir shirtless would not be a great option for him.  People had a tendency to stare when he entered their village even when clothed.  "I appreciate it, thank you again."  Kiba rubbed the back of his neck with his good sided arm as he attempted to think of anything else to say besides 'thank you' constantly.  A small smile appeared on his lips as she spoke of her rambunctious daughter.  The thought of a daughter made him feel a sense of familiarity, but he was unsure as to why.  Kiba shrugged it off (barely shrugging), and listened to Angela talk.  He wrinkled his nose at her when she poked him once more.  "You are cruel, you know that mi'lady," he said in jest.  The way she responded and even jokingly flicked his nose made Kiba wonder if she really was a goddess.  Deities were not known for their relaxed demeanor for they controlled aspects of the universe.  His Reztreal proved her power.  It was just difficult for him to piece together. 

"Apologies….Angela."  He was able to bring himself to use her name instead of a title.  Eyes widened as he was chastised for letting Kale heal him.  There was no way to hold it back any longer and he let himself laugh though it made his side burn.  "I'm sorry, but he did not have his credentials on him at the time.  I was a little desperate and he appeared like a white knight to save me….not well, but I didn't bleed to death at the time.  That should count for something."  Kiba frowned for a moment.  "Why does he only have one arm anyway?"  His thoughts were directed differently as the healing goddess began to massage his wound.  The diowolf leaned his head back against the rest of his cot as the pain was pushed away.  Heat began to seep into his muscles deeper and deeper that brought an ease he hadn't felt in a while.  

As Angela continued her ministrations the diowolf remained quiet.  He watched her fingers work their magic and then begin to clean him off with a washcloth.  Did the goddess normally take such personal care of all those that came to her realm?  Kiba wasn't about to question it further since he was completely certain he would be dead without her aid.  More offerings were made to help him get settled and a roof over his head.  It had been quite sometime since he had a comfortable place to sleep.  Food was something he had to hunt for himself.  His gaze lowered to the floor in guilt.  "Thank you, Angela.  That is extremely kind of you, and I don't know how I could ever repay you for this care. What could I do in return?"

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Cruel is one word that people almost never use for me… It’s refreshing.” She chuckled a bit at his words. Angela had been a goddess for a long time and it was stressful most days. Her relaxed demeanor helped keep it together and as a healer it was her duty. The best thing a healer could do was be relaxed and steady.

There was a smirk as he called her by her first name. There had been hesitation in his voice thanks to his pause but Ang was at least very happy he followed through. The Mother laughed with him and shook her head. “Credentials… HA. That boy can’t even be healed by other people. I have to use traditional medicine on him… Serves him right though he is a pain in the ass when I come across him.”

She did her best impression of Kale with a grim look and sulking. “Get away from me SISTER. I don’t need your help SISTER.” With another laugh she rolled her shoulders. “In another world, we were both Avatars… Godlike beings that watched over elements. We conclave siblings tend to remain close to those that like us. He’s salty as the sea at me for paddling his ass in Vilpamolan.” She winked at Kiba.

Thinking for a moment about his arm she shrugged. “He decided he wouldn’t lower himself to ask me for help on a matter and instead went to my sister goddess. I would have given him what he wanted for free but it was a matter of pride. She took his arm.” There was a moment she was upset but not at Dalanesca. “Kale will never lower himself to ask me for things. I don’t know why. I won’t ask. He’ll tell me when he’s ready.”

Waving her hand at him with suds of soap on it she chuckled. “It’s what a mother does… You don’t need to repay me.”

The door slammed open and the noise echoed throughout the clinic. “MOM, IVA IS BEING A BIG MEAN JERK.” Angela let out a little sigh as she drummed her soapy hand on her belly now. A little-redheaded girl shot over near them. “Who messed you up, Mister? Jeeze you look like you got messed up by a giant annoying dragon.” Her steel colored eyes stared at Kiba before she put her hands on her hips and looked back up at her mother. “Where is Da?” It was demanding.

“I want to know what side of the bed you rolled off of to have such a bad attitude with me?” Angela looked slyly over at the little one whose gaze got stronger the more her mother glared at her. “And… have you checked his temple?” The little girl nodded. “I’m not his keeper I don’t know but you be nice to your sister and stop giving us attitude.” Angela turned her around and gave her ass a smack lightly. “Go, be good…” The little girl started to open her mouth and Ang put her finger to her lips. “Badger, I’m with a patient.”

“Clearly, I am not blind.” Angela smacked the back of the girl’s head quite hard. The little girl had a huge grin on her face as she ran out of the clinic.

“…Sorry about that. Beast blood in her makes her a bit more… Abrasive? Is that the word? Maybe it is bossy. She’s not normally so rude.” Finally, the clergy member came back with a set of clothes and handed them to Ang. “Thank you… and please keep an eye on Poppy today.” The clergy member nodded before taking off.

“Honestly… That girl…” Angela chuckled at Kiba before helping him up. “The medicine will take time to heal but you should be alright. Would do you good to get up and move a little.” She held out the clothes to him.

Angela's 3 God Rules
Kiba

Character Info
Kiba leaned his head against the back rest of the cot he was laying upon with a smile on his lips.  He watched Angela as she continued to finish up her work on his wound, which already was making a great deal of progress.  The decision to come to her temple had been the correct one.  She had said that if it had been any longer or any other healer that he would have had no chance to make it.  The diowolf tucked his right hand behind his head to prop it up a little while he continued to grin like an amused boy up at her.  "Well, I like to be different.  It's best if you don't feel to comfortable.  Though I am grateful for the ministrations, Miss healing goddess."  His Reztreal had gotten used to the intense aura that was radiating around the goddess, but it was the aura radiating from her swollen belly that got his attention.  All that time he had not realized she was pregnant due to the intensity of his injuries.  "I especially thank you for your care in your condition.  You will have a powerful child," he said with a smile.  

His brows lifted in curiosity and surprise at her story about Kale.  The wind user had not admitted much to Kiba, so he was pleased to get the inside story.  Term of Avatars sounded familiar for some reason, but he could not quite place it.  "I didn't realize that Kale had been that powerful before.  With his arm being removed it is sort of difficult to imagine."  The man chuckled while she did the impersonation.  "And just remind me to never let him help me with any negotiations….ever.  It takes 'lost an arm and a leg in that deal' to an entirely different level.  I've lost enough with my eye, so I'm set with replacement parts for a life time."  Kiba tapped his left temple while finally being able to sit up properly.  

He sung his legs over the side of the table and leaned forward to test out the minimal extent the healing could take.  Lightly his fingers traced the gash along his torso.  It was going to take a bit for the healing to fully set in, but he felt relief for the first time in a long time.  His head turned to look at the red head as she washed her hands.  "You don't look like any mother I know," he said with a laugh and a wink.  Kiba stretched slightly to get the muscles moving again.  

Slamming door made the diowolf turn quickly with hands up ready to defend.  A small child came bounding in with declarations that he could only laugh and shake his head at.  Children were always full of surprises.  Crossing his arms over his muscled chest he looked down at the little girl as she questioned him.  "No dragon, little miss.  A mere accident that I did not get treated properly.  Your mother has taught me better now to not let that happen again.  Thank you for your concern, little princess."  His smile was genuine as she continued on her little rant.  

"I would call her outgoing," he said.  "But then again, I'm talking about a goddess's child.  It is better to be polite," he laughed while holding his hands to keep from being hit.  Standing with her help the diowolf took the clothes gratefully.  It was simple tunic shirt that was soft to the touch.  Carefully he pulled it on to cover himself back up, not used to being exposed in front of others.  "If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see your temple.  Now that I don't feel at Death's door….I could admire your realm a little more."

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela smirked a bit and patted her belly. “Myrra is a great magician already. The magical problems happening in Revaliir right now are because of her. My husband and I cannot wait to meet her. She will be one hell of a mage. My oldest son with my husband is an amazing bard. When he was in the womb he would sing to us. The magic never fades in moments like this. I get sad when I see them grow up… but then I tend to remember they all have attitudes that make them hard to deal with.”

The goddess let a shrug roll off her shoulders. “Kale never did act like he was all that powerful. If you ask me he was a kid who didn’t want it. He respected it but that was about it. Free like the wind.” Giving a smile she chuckled a bit. “Just come to me if you need anything. Most of the time I can grant just about anything for people.”

Poppy stared up at him for a moment before she opened her mouth. “Well… why did you do that? That seems really dumb.” Angela’s shock was heard from the intake of air she breathed in. Also by the look on her face as she gave Kiba an apologetic look. Thankfully once Poppy was gone she let out the breath and laughed. “Children are little drunks.”

Thinking on his request she nodded. “I’ll have to part ways with you… However, if you need to help or get lost I have plenty of clergy who would help you. I’ll find you when it gets close to night to show you to your room. Stay safe Kiba.” Angela kissed his forehead before disappearing just as fast as she had appeared to him.

It was a garden of red. Multiple different plants and trees… Even some shrubs. In the shades of love. There was a giant stone gazebo with stained glass panels that rained multicolor lights down into the center. Petals of red softly danced and fell into little babbling brooks that ran all throughout the area. Little bridges of well-crafted mahogany kept one out of the water. The whole area felt romantic and heavy… Heavy like a comforting blanket in the cold night.

Off to the side of the garden was a curvaceous tanned woman with long brown hair. Her hair fell into spiraled curls at the ends. A halter style dress of a light pink adorned her body with a deep cleavage plunge down to her bellybutton. Her eyes were a lavender color that seemed to shift to a darker hue depending on the light around her.

Nimbly she picked berries off of the bushes she stood at. She tossed them lightly into her basket. It was quiet here but the silence seemed to be filled in with a gentle violin playing. It was a slight noise like it wasn’t even there in the garden. It was enough to comfort her as she picked her berries.

Angela's 3 God Rules
Kiba

Character Info
"Myrra is a pretty name," he commented.  His features softened as he watched her talk about the child that was growing within her body.  It was always heart warming to see happy mothers enjoy the task at hand.  In Kiba's mind it was the most difficult and important jobs that were in the world. Obviously Angela was a great mother, otherwise the title would not truly fit.  "If you don't mind me asking…but who is your husband? Does he live in the temple with you?  I could not imagine any of your children being any less than spectacular in the skill sets."  The diowolf smiled at her almost in a brotherly fashion.  He had no memories of his past; there were only the feelings of familiarity.  When speaking of children, there was the sense.  He wondered in his previous existence if he had been a father.  The idea made him yearn for such an opportunity.

So, when Poppy replied in a blunt fashion he could not help but roll out a laugh.  "Yes, miss, that would be true.  It was not by choice, but I will work harder next time to not allow it to happen."  His eyes turned to Angela as he heard her reaction and an attempt to not lash out.  Kiba shook his head with another chuckle and watched the child leave.  "Or when we are drunk do we revert to our child like states?  Honesty is one of the most cherished traits in my mind.  I can't remember my past.  It feels good to know there are people who can be straight with their feels and words."  There was a small shrug as he tried to let the fact he couldn't remember anything bother him any deeper.  

While adjusting his new shirt, he glanced at Angela as she told him she had to be on her way.  There was a tinge of sadness that they had to part, but it was obvious that a goddess would be busy.  "Thank you for your aid, milady.  You are truly a blessing to this life and realm."  He closed his eyes as she placed a kissed his forehead.  It felt warm and comforting to make him close his eyes to relish in it.  

Feeling the emptiness with her presence gone the diowolf decided to explore at his leisure…since he had the permission to do that.  The tip of each of his boots was tapped on the ground to make sure it was secure before he moved out of the medical clinic.  Kiba decided to follow his instincts.  He continued on his made up path until finally the scent of flowers filled every sense that he had.  A small smile lingered on his lips as he decided to continue the path.  As he rounded a bend he saw a large stone gazebo that was covered in glass that was stained in vibrant colors.  

As his bi-colored eyes took in the lovely scene that made him feel comforted and warm, he looked upon a young woman with long brown hair.  She was working on picking berries from a nearby bush and placing within her basket.  He checked around from side to side to see if there was anyone else around, but it was just the two of them.  Kiba contemplated whether he should bother the woman or not.  Since he already was told that the clergy would be open to help, he decided to go with that.  "Excuse me, miss.  Can you please tell me what this place is called?  This garden I mean?"  The diowolf walked across the garden with a friendly grin upon his face in an attempt to make her feel safe.  He was unsure if his presence would startle her or not, but hoped it would not.

Anemone

Character Info
Name: Anemone
Alignment: TG
Race: Nymph
Class: Temple Maiden
Silver: 2634
“My husband is the God of Magic Adraejen. In this temple, you will find silver mirrors… Also the other door in this room. All these things link to his temple on the other continent.” There was a simple smile from her.

Her lavender eyes moved to Kiba’s as she tilted her head. Holding the basket she approached him with a quiet confidence. Her arms came up and she offered the fruit in her basket to him. “They call this place the Gardens of Venus. It is the final place lovers go before they are bonded forever in the eyes of the Soul-Stream.” Her eyes locked with his as she studied him.

“You’ve been here for healing. However, my lady lacks the ability to heal one’s soul. Your eyes are clouded…” She gave a smile up towards him. “This place is a good place for healing the mind.” She shifted the basket and allowed some round berries that had swirling magic to show. “It’s like an aphrodisiac at least in large doses… but in small ones, they can bring peace to the soul just before the rush of excitement. They are called Starfruit but you won’t find them star-shaped… They are called Starfruit because they can lead the way through the darkness.”

After a moment or two, a blush crossed her face and she chuckled. “My name is Anemone. I’m the Maiden of Love for Lady Angela.”