Roleplay Forums > Temples > Antikythera: The Machinarium > One for Ferret[GO]
00Anima

Character Info
Name: Lucina
Alignment: TG
Race: Bound Djinn
Class: Archsummoner
Silver: 1375
-Months after my last interaction with Shiloh, I decided to send her a gift on a whim. For reasons that I did not elaborate to them, however, I sent my daughter, Lucy, and her retainer to deliver it in my stead.-

Lucina and Minerva: (both approach the deity’s temple to drop off a rather ornate box marked with the phrase, “For Shiloh Kyrie. Happy early Glaciem Solstice.”)

Lucina: (floats next to Minerva with her favorite blindfold on) I wonder what this Shiloh is like? (startled by the thunder) She probably doesn’t like visitors living in a place like this.

Minerva: (holding an umbrella in one hand over Lucina’s head and the large package under her other arm) She’s not unlike her Majesty then. Still, we’re only here for a little while. I doubt we’ll be seeing her before we head to Jayou.

Lucina: (barely able to contain her excitement) Jayou! (clearly loves gambling a little too much and gets a side-eyed glance from Minerva)

Minerva: Just remember not to go overboard this time. Last time we were there, we got an earful from your mother for our lack of restraint.

Lucina: (dejected) Yes, ma’am. I promise I will try not to sink another ship.

Minerva and Lucina: (finally reach Shiloh’s temple gates)

Minerva: Here we are. (retracts the umbrella since the eaves are protecting them from the rain and walks in alongside Lucy once the door opens for them) (shakes the umbrella when they are inside)

Lucina: (floats alongside Minerva until they get to the stone slab)

Minerva: (is about to press said button)

Lucina: (sits on the button before Minerva is close enough because she wants a change of pace) (suddenly hears the voice coming from underneath her bum) AHH!!! (immediately floats off)

Voice: Welcome to Antikythera. Since this is your first time here, would you like a guided tour through our facilities?

Minerva: (smirking slightly from Lucy’s swift education, talks to the voice) Thank you for the offer, but we must be heading to Jayou post haste. We’re here to deliver a package for the master of this estate from the head of the Yamauchi family on our way, however. I’ll set it by the pedestal and we’ll be on our way. A word of warning, though: it may be heavier than you expect so take care when lifting it. (sets the orientally styled box down parallel to the entrance intercom’s wall then looks to Lucy) Shall we go now?

Lucina: (wide smile) Black jack!

Minerva: Well I guess we know what you want to do first. (small laugh as the two depart the way they came)

"It's terrifying, being a mirror. You don't get to choose who or what you reflect. Your only choice is to play the part, no matter how gruesome or hated that part may be." -Lucina
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
"Attention, Lord Steward. Attention, Lord Steward. You have a gift waiting for you in the Entrance Hall." A weary hand fumbled around the desk until it found the source of the annoying voice, and pressed the intercom button. "–I'll be right there… Give me…a few…minutes." Peeling herself off the cluttered work desk, Shiloh groggily pushed her hair out of her face, make herself slightly more presentable, and left Serenitas. Instead of opening the door into the Marble Corridor like usual, she had the dimensional door connect to the Entrance Hall directly to save some time. She had spent quite a few sleepless nights designing an extensive living complex for her newly acquired business of ferrets, and still was trying to finalize a design. Since she couldn't be with them every day, she wanted to make sure they wouldn't get bored or lonely. Antikythera was a big place, and she didn't want them getting themselves into dangerous spots–like the workshops. She needed to give them proper training too so they understood safety protocol, but had fallen behind.

Knowing few people visited Antikythera, Shiloh could make a quick deduction on who might've stopped by. Those people on the list usually would hang around or at least make their presence known by telling the attendants, so there was a high possibility the surprise visitor was Natsumi. Now in the hall proper, she didn't sense any traces of the fox woman anywhere. There was a large box though, and it was a very big one too. "Well, only one way to find out." Slipping a dagger out of her boot, the deity raised the blade and went to work. The packaging came away to reveal a strange object. It was some sort of cylinder with various mechanisms not unlike that of a crossbow, yet there was no visible place to load bolts. If it took bolts, then they would be more akin to logs, and she spent time fiddling around with the thing until Niall happened to pass by. The sable ferret was scampering along, heading for the kitchen. Since most of the staff were automatons, the ferrets had free reign over access to the Machinarium's food stock. He did a double take when he spotted his owner handling an interesting thing, and spotted the fluffy 'tail'.

"What's that?" When his owner looked up to explain, all the rest of the business had already congregated behind him. Soon a mob of fur noodles were swarming around her, all of them eagerly pawing at the box or the thing that was in it. "Hey, hey! What's that? It looks funny!" "Is it a toy?" "It's got something fluffy at the end!" "Oooh let me see!" With the ferrets' help–Shiloh discovered that the unusual gift was some sort of ranged weaponry. It happened when one of them accidentally slid down the barrel, and in her panic–she activated the firing mechanism. To the ferret's delight, it was launched into the air, sailing high until a very terrified deity got hold of it before it fell. With more trial and error, she was able to figure out all the bells and whistles. Using the communication device the former deity had given her prior to the invasion from the Void, she sent a brief message of thanks.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.