Roleplay Forums > Temples > Antikythera: The Machinarium > Bluebirds [GO]
Kyra Tivares

Character Info
Name: Kyra Tivares
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/Trickster/Dancer
Silver: 183
After hearing about the mark, her concerns were dropped. This would make things significantly easier. Hopefully the markings would be respected by the goddess of death. From the way that Shiloh talked, it sounded like it would. Taking the magic scroll, Kyra read through the contract, reading every detail. She didn't sign contracts unless she knew every single thing that she was signing onto. Everything seemed to be in order. Kyra took the quill and signed her name onto the contract in the blank spot with ink. Next was the dagger. Soon the deed was done. The scratch on her hand was not too big but was enough to draw blood for the seal. Stories ran through her mind of giving away the sole in exchange for something else. Most of those stories ended in tragedy or misery. At this point she'd already received the misery. There was little pain that they could put her through that she hadn't already experienced. Besides, she was being careful. The half elf had read through the contract and every detail. She had no issues with anything in it. The deed was done. Everything was signed.

An unnatural chill prickled at her skin. A strange feeling pierced her mind. A feeling that she couldn't identify. The mark momentarily appeared on the hollow of her chest right underneath her collar bone. In a matter of seconds, it was gone. Signing a contract with a goddess. How desperate had she become? Her patience had been wearing thin over the years. Perhaps this was her way of trying to end the cycle without death. Or perhaps it was because the question why burned within her mind. It was the most important question. That was certain. Kyra's hand reached over to where to the mark had been. Her life and death was literally in the goddess' hands now. Shiloh had only left for a moment but had quickly returned with the orb in her hands. The orb would hopefully record her memories. All of it.

The sphere was cool to the touch and began to light up. Her body felt immovable. Flashes of memories began to pour from her mind into the orb. Her mother was always a strict one. Sweet but strict. Always trying to keep her out of trouble. Her eyes were glossed over, as though she was seeing something completely different from the reality around her.

-She could see her father and mother sitting with her and her siblings near a fire. The house creaked as strong winds did its best to blow the house down. Yet the house remained strong. A tall man with blonde hair was sitting in the middle with many children, including a small Kyra, sitting on his lap. A brunette boy was crawling on his shoulder while a little toddler was doing her best to knock her father over. A woman with long brown hair was listening quietly while writing down something in a book. The father was telling a story to the kids. Only half of them were paying attention. Everything in this memory was warm and comforting. And a bit noisy.-

A smile appeared on the half elf's lips as she recalled this memory. This was her normal memories. It had been a long time since she'd seen any of them.

-A scream pierced the air. The six year old Kyra woke up in her small bed, crying. Tears fell down her eyes. A hand touched her right arm. It was her older brother with concerned eyes. Both of her parents burst into the room with worried faces. The bedroom was medium sized. Three beds were shoved into the room. One for her, one for her older brother, and one for a sister that was staying at a friend's house that night. The father reached down to pick up Kyra.

"Another nightmare sweetheart?" He asked.

Kyra nodded her head.

"What was it about?" Her father asked.

"I-I died." Was all that the little half-elf said.

The parents looked to each other then back at their daughter. The mother wasn't much for comforting. The father began to hum softly as he rocked back and forth with the child in his arms.-

Despite the seemingly depressing memory, a smile remained on her face.

-"You just pretend! All you want is attention!" Her older brother shouted at her, "Why couldn't I have a normal sister? One who doesn't cry about death nightmares just to get mom and dad's attention!"

"My nightmares are real! And at least I don't go around pretending to be somebody I'm not! Why can't I have a brother who isn't an asshole?!" The eleven year old girl shouted at her older brother.

The rest of the memory was arguments until their parents split it up.-

-A twelve year old Kyra ran about outside chasing her older sister. Their little game that they enjoyed to play. Finally, she'd managed to tag her sister. She raced out of her sister's range and watched as her sister went chasing after her older brother.-

The rest of her memories of her home and family poured into the orb. After that it was memories of her adventures and travels. Soon almost all of her normal memories were in the orb. That meant that the death memories would be coming soon. She moved and sat down on the floor, knowing that she would have to brace herself for the impact of these.

-Pain. The first death memory was nothing but pain. As if a thousand burning swords had stabbed her in every place imaginable. The world was a blur. Nothing made sense. Her head was buzzing. She couldn't see anything clearly. Her ears no longer worked. Moving her legs was impossible. Finally a pierce jabbed through her neck. Everything was dark-

Unlike the rest of her memories, this one was vivid. Although she hadn't suffered any real physical pain, her body ached as though it had just happened. She could see, feel, taste, and hear everything in that memory. Her body was not moving although she felt the pain.

-The first thing she felt was the pain in her chest. Then she felt the chains dragging her under. Bubbles floated upwards. Every part of her body screamed for oxygen. She fought the metallic chains that clasped to her feet and hands. Her legs kicked and her arms pushed water about trying to get up to where the air was. She had to take a breath. So she did. Water filled up her nose and mouth. Bubbles poured out of her mouth as she coughed and gasped, holding her neck. Soon her hands began to drop and her legs stopped moving. She sank as darkness of the ocean swallowed her up-

Kyra began to breath heavily. She could breath.

-A baby could be heard screaming. It was coming from her own throat. A woman was screeching at the top of her lungs while some other women were shouting for help.

"That child caused this! I know it! I need to rid the world of that wretched thing!" She shouted.

The baby couldn't see. But she could hear the steps coming towards her. It wasn't long before she could feel pain in her chest, stomach, and head.-

-A woman about the age of twenty was reaching towards the sky. Her left arm and legs were tied up. Dirt covered everywhere but her eyes and arm that had gotten free. Her mouth had been gagged with cloth. She would be running out of breath soon. How far was she in the ground? Someone was dumping dirt on her. Despite her struggling, she couldn't get free. He had finished up his job. She was fully buried now. Air was running out. She couldn't get free. Her head hurt. Her lungs felt as though they were exploding. Her vision was destroyed by the dirt in them. Pressure could be felt on her chest. The world faded away.-

-She was caressing the face of a man. He had tears in his eyes and was clutching to her other hand.

"Please. Don't leave me! I need you." He said pleading with her.

A doctor was watching at the edge of the room. Her stomach felt queasy and her head felt as though it was filled with rocks. Her eyes began to slowly close and her hand dropped from the mans face. His cries began to fade away.-

-The crowd before her was calling for blood. A stool was in the middle of a wooden stage surrounded by a large crowd. She was pushed forwards onto the stage, her wrists cuffed behind her. Then she was pushed down to the ground, her neck placed on the stool. The crowd became dead silent. A man with a black mask and an axe stood ready. She would have ran, if they didn't hold her down. He raised his axe and slammed it down onto her neck.-

-A charred blackened body that barely looked human was pulling herself across the floor. Her face and body were unrecognizable. She looked like a charred skeleton. The only thing that remained that looked human was her dark green eyes. She raised up her hand to a mirror in front of her. The door behind her was closed and locked. Something was banging against it. The creature, or woman, drew out words in her own blood on the mirror. The words read this,

These are not dreams. This is real.

Before she could write any more, the door behind her opened up with a bang. A column of fire came out of a robed man's hand. She screamed as the fire engulfed her.-

Those were the only deaths that she could remember. She gasped as the memory finished. It was over. Finally. Sweat covered her face and neck. Kyra placed the orb down on the ground. She…needed a break from touching it.

"Thank you." Kyra said with a smile returning to her face, "This will prove to be useful. Before I leave with the orb, is there anything that you need done? Like gathering resources or sending a message or something? I have a lot of time upon my hands until my next death and I don't mind doing stuff."

A chore or something to do would also help get her mind off of what just happened. She was hoping the goddess might have something so that she could focus on getting whatever it is done, rather than thinking about her next future painful death.