Roleplay Forums > Temples > Antikythera: The Machinarium > Pfft Children...[P/R]
Caranthir

Character Info
Name: Auron
Alignment: CN
Race: Flame Malak
Class: Illusionist
Silver: 0
The sass coming from the little girl was a surprise, but it made him grin. Children were so cute, even when they weren't trying to be. "So you're from Arri? They have wonderful gardens there. I've been there a few times. The streets are a sight to see! Oh it's fine, I don't mind. She's cute little one." So this little girl had an older sister? She must be a handful for Lily then. Yeva made sure that he understood that the heat in the workshop wasn't much, but the way she said it so seriously made it hard for him to be upset. "I always visit in Venti, so maybe that's why I've never noticed. I don't mind the warmth, but it's terribly stuffy here. Arri at least has breezes. Unlike over there, we can't just open up a window…or have windows. It's pouring outside all the time." Her mother was right–now that she was in here the little girl was right at home. Children really were full of surprises.

It was great to talk with someone who wasn't keeping tabs on his work. The fulgurite would still take time, and was only warmed up slightly. As he carefully moved the cut pieces of gems into place, Lily admired his handiwork. "A white peacock? I've yet to see one myself. But I'll take your word for it. Any color would be stunning with that fan of plumage." He began picturing how one would look in white opal, mother of pearl, and snow-white jade. Add some gold accents, some emeralds for the eyes on the feathers, and it would be divine. Maybe rose pearls for the bird's eye, to contrast. Instead of greens and blues, yellows and whites would be the color scheme. Add red and it would become a phoenix. It was easy to make variations with different palettes. "I could do that for you, as a little gift for your first visit here." He grinned. "Just a little secret between the two of us. If she knew, she'd put it up for auction." 

The little girl came over to look, and seeing her face light up with delight made all the work worthwhile. He was no stranger to compliments, but how could he say no to such a sweet child? "Thank you, Miss Yeva. But I'm sure your aunt can make much prettier things than I can. I could even make a little bird necklace to go with your mother's brooch. What colors would you like?" Again he'd keep this one a secret. He had to have some time off from making things for sale, couldn't he? Besides, it wasn't like he was doing anything wrong. "I could have amber roses with both pieces of jewelry, so it will be a match to the necklace still in need of repairs. Jewels are best shown together; they make themselves more grand like a perfectly arranged bouquet."

'First comes the blessing of all that you've dreamed–but then comes the curses of diamonds and rings…'