Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > The Ancient City of Namiba > Unfamiliar Everything [Open]
Lirin

Character Info
Name: Lirin Amber Vendethiel
Alignment: LN
Race: Elvish
Class: Vampiric Huntress
Silver: 194
There were absolutely no words that came from the flame with eyes. Instead, it tilted its head back and forth, warmth and heat pulsing through the room. Hissing and crackles of flame matched the movements of the fiery creature. Sounds of a dog wildly barking and its prey trying to escape caused the little flame to start jumping from candle to candle until Phoenix was alone in the room. She pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them as she rested her forehead there. Was she a danger to society?

Lynx gave Shuja a single yip in response to the question. They had met when magic was wild. She had watched the Master follow a feral path and then on a path of healing. There was something different about the vampire, this much was clear as day to the large fennec fox. Shuja moved to the door, a massive hand pushing it open, allowing her to slip in. Her gaze rested on the elemental for a moment before returning to the task at hand.

With slow and calculated movements, Lynx approached the woman on the bed in the next room. She rested her chin upon the bed, watching the vampire as she wallowed in self-pity. Again, she tried by giving a soft whine. Nothing happened. Lynx pulled back and prepared herself for a jump onto the bed. Midair, she shrunk back down to kit size. She pranced until she was right in front of the woman, stood on her hind legs and rested the front paws on Lirin's hand, her tail wagging eagerly.

Phoenix lifted her head to gaze at the soft creature before her. It was supremely adorable, with the fur that looked irresistibly soft and infant innocence. But she couldn't bring herself to pet it, though she really, really wanted to. "You might want to leave, little one. Before I hurt you…" Lynx bounced around in a circle before practically jumping into Phoenix's lap, forcing attention from her. As the woman ran her fingers through the fur and played with the fox, Phoenix frowned. Was this Shuja's idea? No… This creature seemed familiar, almost as if she shared a connection with it.

Gathering the creature in her arms, Phoenix cautiously came out of the room, spying the fire creature again. "Is it safe to go back out?" She couldn't understand the fiery one even if she did get a response. Slowly, the door opened, her head poking around it with an apologetic expression. "Shuja? Where did–" Clear as day, a name came to her, a name she knew did not belong to herself. Her blue-green eyes glanced down at the fox in her arms with confusion. "Lynx?" The fox seemed to jump at the name and licked her cheek. It wasn't a name she recalled, it was a thought that was put in her mind… Could this creature communicate in that way? "Where did Lynx come from?"

Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
Watching the fox trot on in, watching the elemental carefully before continuing to the room, Shuja quietly let the door return to a close, allowing the eager fox and woman some time together without interruption before turning back around, finding the guard that was harassing her working on catching the dog as it was now causing more mischief than the elephant. Still, if what the little Phoenix did any of a startle, then there would be good bet they would be back, possibly even bigger numbers. Best take this moment to brace oneself, echoed in her mind as he headed back to her stand, ready to greet any passerbys, even if for small talk.

Though the elemental learned she had no real way to actually speak with her, it did know basic body language was much easier to translate, especially with "yes," "no," and "where" questions, so though her hisses were foreign to Phoenix, the motion of a nod certainly could be interpreted as a response as she rested in the candle's flame, watching the pair move back towards the door.

"It is hard to say where the fox came from, though I can tell that it was desperately seeking you out. Add in the fact that a name came so easily means you two have already bonded in one form or another. May I pray that this comes to help with your own recovery."
Lirin

Character Info
Name: Lirin Amber Vendethiel
Race: Elvish
Class: Vampiric Huntress
Silver: 194
Cautiously, Phoenix stepped back outside to take her spot once more with a frown. "It was weird. It was like a presence pressing against my mind, with nothing but that one word. But it's gone now." She pulled her legs into a crossed position where Lynx happily curled up. Her fingers idly ran though the fox's fur. "Why do you suppose I… was that close to him?" It was still bothering her the way she was attracted to that man's neck.

Phoenix shifted self consciously as she pulled herself from the thoughts of his heart pulsing beneath the skin. What is the reason for that being so important? She was sure that the answers to these questions would be pertinent to her identity. She swallowed past the lump in her dry throat when Lynx gave a soft whine. "What do you think the guards will do? Think I'm going to be in trouble?" It occurred to her that she knew nothing of the customs or laws of the land.

"I have been a fool. Instead of sitting here trying to figure out who I was, who I am… What I am… I should be learning the land, the laws… Everything else can come after." Phoenix couldn't help but chastise herself. She was being selfish trying to learn of herself. Lynx licked at her hand with a concerned whine, pulling the woman's attention down to her. "What do you think, Lynx? Why is my throat so dry?"

Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
Shuja listened to her worried, watching the fox try and distract her from her negative offset…. though not exactly doing the best at it. "All I can offer is theory, birthed from my belief," Shuja stated, as if had gotten used of backlash of "trying to push her religion" on others. "With that in mind, I would possibly say that your amnesia has resorted you to an instinctual state. There is a part of you that demands something that I am sure the you before the loss had controlled. However, with that gone, that native mind has come back, and whatever it is feels the need to resort to such things to get by."

Then there was the concern about what action would resort from what she did. "Namiba is a land where my trade is hard to get by due to the treaty. Tools can be tricky to sell as some of them can be seen as weapons, and the land is strict with its non-violence. Even drunken brawls at taverns can lead to a night's arrest and I have heard of magic-sealing cuffs to those who do harm with spells. Though you have done no harm as of yet, the air of threat would possibly draw attention to you, just as much as these have to me."

As she tried to comfort herself over with the fox, Shuja allowed herself to be distracted to handle another trade, making negotiations with a bipedal lion whose mane was braided and well kept to keep clear of his face as he negotiated for some stone-carving tools. One the trade was done and signed, Shuja returned back to Phoenix's side, resting a small bag to her side. "You will not be able to find anything to defend yourself with in here, but outside these walls is another story. I am sure these items here can trade for something decent as you work to reclaim yourself. My daughter, if you would." The area dimmed a bit as the elemental moved away from the window to the back before coming back shortly after with a stone engraved with an emblem. "This here is the Crest of Indalo, the Church of Craft. Many skilled craftsmen come from said house and will ensure you good quality, especially if you show them this mark. You do not even have to lie about being a believer." She added the stone to the stack before letting it rest by her side.