Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > The Ancient City of Namiba > Deja Vu [P][Event]
Nerine

Character Info
Name: Nerine
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Herbalist/Scholar
Silver: 0
Exploring Namibia and spending time with her daughter made the time fly by in her visit. Just with Chrysanthe alone Nerine had spent countless hours listening to the incredible stories and experiences her middle child had encountered. They even tried a bit of skyfishing, though it was much harder than it looked. "I'll bring one home to show everyone!" Chrys said, pointing at the flying swarms circling the sky. As the festivities were winding down for the day, she had nearly forgotten the burning question she had wanted to ask Shiloh. The brief flash of Lady Angela attempting to strangle the younger deity in a fit of anger didn't go unnoticed. The elder goddess had attempted to act as if nothing had happened, but Nerine had an odd feeling. Catching Shiloh taking a break from flipping skewered skyfish on a roasting rack, she pulled her aside. "Shiloh! Maybe it was just me, but did something happen between you and Lady Angela earlier?"

Straightforward as ever, Shiloh answered point blank. "Yeah, why?" "Because for a split second I swore I saw her shaking you with her hands around your neck…" There was a moment of silence as Shiloh seemed to be contemplating it. "…Yeah that sounds about right." She didn't appear to be catching on, so Nerine had to ask directly. "So…what happened?" The deity leaned back in her chair, arms and legs crossed. Her face didn't show much emotion, rather it was mildly puzzled. "Well, after she dragged me into a portal she said she wanted me to help her set up some things. It was to help smooth international relations with Onnen, with the aftermath of the invasion and whatnot." So far nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Certainly nothing that would explain what made Lady Angela so agitated. "So I said: 'Sure, I could do that. I'll fire up the Clephsydra and we can get all this stuff over there in one go.' Moving all the supplies and equipment piece by piece would take hours by portal so I thought loading it all into the hull and then flying the ship through would save more time. Then she made a weird face and asked me if I was saying I wanted her to come on board. I said yes."

Nerine's eyes went wide as she heard this. So this was what caused it. "Shiloh, you know most Rosenites don't like being separated from the ground right?" Shiloh looked surprised. "They don't?" This was going to take a while… Holding back the urge to demand answers, Nerine did her best to patiently explain. "No, they don't. Think of it like suddenly uprooting a plant out of its soil. How do you think it would feel?" "…Oh." 

"Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none."
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Whoops. Apparently she didn't realize that aviophobia was extremely common among Rosenites. Back when they were overseeing the progress of Eytelia, she assumed the elder goddess' dislike of being underneath miles of water was just a natural reaction. And the flight through the portal only lasted a few minutes, so she didn't think there was any reason to panic. The whole 'fear of leaving the ground' was a genetic thing. "That explains a lot actually." She said, realization slowly sinking in. "Explains what? Shiloh…" She could tell Nerine's facial expression and tone of voice were demanding an answer. "So uh, I may have done something back before we were going to land…" She mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

Everything was loaded in the Clephsydra and the hull was secured. With her crew it didn't take long, one of the pros of being captain over a group of automatons. Erasmus was acting as second pilot and the others were handling the engines. Coppelia was was attending to Angela in the lounge which was stocked with alcohol for once. She told her she could help herself to anything, after all that sake and wine wasn't going to drink itself. The doors were locked as the engines began to start, gusts kicking up inside the airship docking area in Antikythera. As promised, Angela conjured a portal to the Third Continent large enough for the war airship to fly through. Seated in the cockpit, Shiloh pressed the button to speak into a device that sent her amplified voice throughout the entirety of the Clephsydra. "Welcome aboard passengers to the Clephsydra, this is your Captain speaking. Our destination is the city of Namibia, Onnen–and our estimated time of arrival will be in five minutes. Please remain seated as we begin our ascent. We will now be preparing for takeoff."

With a shudder the engines of the airship roared once the portal was fully open. Lifting off the ground after accelerating down the runway it cleared the portal's edges and entered to the other side. Right away the brightness of the windows changed after leaving the storm alley of Railoch, clear skies all around as far as the eye could see. The weather was excellent, and with the new adjustments applied to the engine air intakes they would no longer fear a sudden stalling due to the algae in Onnen's air. They weren't far from the city as it came on the horizon halfway to the estimated time of arrival. Looking down from above, it was like a grand set of miniatures arranged on a board. No wonder people liked flying–the whole world was different from a bird's eye view. As soon as they were out of the portal there was screaming coming from the direction of the lounge, some of it forming words that Shiloh couldn't make out over the sound of the Clephsydra's engines. Since she didn't understand what was being said Shiloh had no idea what was going on, but instead focused on gradually decreasing the airship's altitude the closer they got to Namibia. Rather it was because there was a distinct lack of possible reasons for alarm that she didn't think a certain someone was likely having a panic attack.

As the buildings became clearer it came to her attention that the space she had planned to lower the airship down into was not the right size. It was too shallow and too wide, meaning unless she turned the ship around a clear ninety degrees the back end would get stuck and the outer hull would sustain minor damage. Not wanting to spend more time in the sky and thus wasting fuel, Shiloh decided to take the alternate option by changing the ship's alignment mid-air so she could pull in parallel into the desired spot. This would have to be done immediately as once they descended too far they would run the risk of hitting the local architecture. Flipping switches and gripping the wheel, she ordered her co-pilot to relay the readings on the altimeter every five seconds. With his assistance she made an emergency announcement to inform her next course of action. "Attention passengers and crew, we will now begin our descent. Please remain in your seats and out of the walkways as we will be experiencing some brief turbulence. Thank you for flying with us and we hope you enjoyed your flight on the Clephsydra."

As the ship began to turn the screaming from behind the pilot's cabin intensified with additional sobbing, while Shiloh hit the brakes. Smooth as clockwork, the Clephsydra slid into the cleared lot with perfect deceleration while the people on the ground looked on at the incredible sight. The screaming from the lounge failed to die down and was now clearer thanks to the engines being off. Coppelia was trying to handle the situation to no avail, and a female voice shrieked loud enough for everyone inside to hear. "–I HATE AIRSHIPS!!! I HATE YOU, YOUR EXISTENCE, AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR!! WHY DO YOU INSIST ON DOING THINGS LIKE THIS TO ME?!?" That and much more was said as they had safely landed at their destination with style.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Nerine

Character Info
Name: Nerine
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Herbalist/Scholar
Silver: 0
"YOU DID WHAT?!!" "I'm sorry." Gods, this was even worse than what she'd thought. "I can see why she would react that way now!" "Yes, absolutely." With her head in her hands she sighed loudly while Shiloh was slowly understanding what she had done to the elder goddess. "I don't even know where to begin with what you just put her through…Though you didn't mean to do it on purpose so she'll probably forgive you." It was easy to forget Shiloh was much younger than her and very different from most people. Despite their individual differences her husband, Walter, and even Auron mentioned she had certain habits and quirks that made them concerned. In short, she had trouble understanding social cues and norms if they didn't have a clear logical explanation. Because of this, Shiloh treated everyone by the same general standard regardless of their social status and rank. If she felt a noble was bothersome she wouldn't hesitate to treat them the same way as someone who wasn't who also irritated her for the same offense. Her blatant lack of interest in names and titles caused a few misunderstandings and added additional hurdles when it came to interacting with nobility. It wasn't that she was actually rude, she just didn't see why it was important.

But she was trying to improve, and Shiloh was able to recognize when she'd done something wrong such as now. Fortunately Lady Angela had handled that awful experience well seeing that she recovered once the message across the Sister Continents was sent a second time. "When you see Lady Angela again, make sure you apologize." Shiloh nodded, and Nerine felt like she was instructing one of her own children. "I know you're a responsible pilot, but the next time you're with other Rosenites don't try to bring them on the Clephsydra." "Okay…" Shiloh replied. With that over, it was back to enjoying the rest of their time before the eventual clean up of the festivities. Hopefully their little talk would mean Shiloh would take different measures in bringing the equipment back after the goodwill gifts were left to the city. 

"Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none."