Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Karith > City of Karith > On the Hunt [P/R]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
It had been terrifying enough that she even wanted to go to the flying city. She was on one of the many airships of the city as it got ferried in. Looking over the side she could see her precious earth below. Why was she even here? Well there had been rumors floating about that an old tome of earth had been discovered. She would have to make the bid on it.

The length she went for such treasures. Her long red hair was pulled over her shoulder. She was dressed in a silk saree. It was bright red with gold texture. It signified love. Though most used the red color as a wedding gown in Abed Angela loved it for its other meaning. Her feet were still bare but one could not tell how long she had been without shoes.

The sides of her red hair were pulled back and a gold hair pin held it in place. Looking up she could see they were getting closer to their destination. They were going to an auction of sorts. "Your sure this is the part of Tarishitar where the book is?" She looked over at her informant and he merely nodded. 

"I wouldn't make you use the airship system otherwise Lady Angela." His words were kind to her as she hated the damn things. Ever since she went to Parvpora the first time it made her shiver just to watch the city up above. Turning around she leaned on the edge of the ship and sighed.

"Well it better be worth it. I would gate right into the auction but you know how people can be about that." Angela gave him a smile before dismissing him. "Please keep an eye out for more books like this." Her library needed them. He nodded and disappeared into the winds.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
jumpadrew

Character Info
Name: Armin
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: aspiring adventurer
Silver: 8
Armin couldn't help but gasp as the city came into view. Never in his dreams had he imagined a city that could actually fly. He assumed that from what others had said of it that it would simply be built atop mountains or cliffs, but this, this was something else entirely. Armin smiled to himself. He had heard of the magics and secrets hidden within the city, and if this was a testament of the power held within the walls, this was exactly where he wanted to be.

He stretched, moving from the railing of the airship he stood on and looking about himself. He pulled his grayish cloak closer around himself not necessarily due to the chill, but rather out of habit. He paused for a moment, looking back at a person at the of the end of the railing. Hadn't it been two people. He shook his head. Probably just his nerves. Still, there was something strange about the woman standing there. Perhaps it was her lack of shoes or the gown she was wearing, or maybe something else entirely. Regardless of what it was, he was curious.

He might have been new to the culture of this land, but he was pretty sure he had seen her before. Maybe she was a noble of some sort?

However, when he approached her his entire mind went blank. He racked his brain for something to say finally settling upon saying, "Forgive me, Milady, but is it common practice to be without shoes here? The weather's a bit chilly for it."

Okay, it wasn't the best way to start a conversation, he could still salvage it. He shook his head, only just slightly, and waited for a response.
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela's green eyes moved towards the voice that called out to her. It was not an odd question but it did bring a smile to her face. "For others no. For me yes. The weather doesn't apply to me for the most part." She brought her hand up and twirled it around a red lock.

Looking back to the city she sighed a bit. "I hate being this high off the ground." It wasn't dramatic but she moved from the railing over to a bench and sat down. "You must be new to the area to be asking questions like that." She patted the seat next to her. "Want to be part of something exciting?" If she couldn't buy the book obviously she knew what she had to do and that would be the fun part.

"I'm only coming up here to this blasted city for a book. A very old book.  You'll have to pardon my attitude being away from the core of earth makes me heave a bit. I don't do airships, boats, or floating cities that could fall at any moment if a deadzone appeared." She leaned forward and propped her head up. "It could be rather interesting at this auction though.

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
jumpadrew

Character Info
Armin sat next to her, raising an eyebrow. "I guess you could say I'm not from around here. You said something about an auction, though? That doesn't seem to me like a job that requires assistance, unless you're speaking of the financial kind. If that's the case, you'll be disappointed to hear that my purse is a little, well, light at the moment."

He cleared his throat, nonchalantly scanning the deck. "However, something tells me that that isn't what you're talking about. Before I agree to anything, I have to ask, what makes this book so important? It seems like you'd rather be standing at the summit of the Volcano of Apoy during an eruption."
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela sat with her legs crossed and smirked as the boy sat next to her. He was an all too eager one and she was pleased. "I'm not from here either and boy I have no need to borrow coin. I just have to bid high enough and fast enough hoping that others do not realize who I am."

Tilting her head full of red locks she smirked at him once more and thought on his word. "You can say I am a collector of old world books on the element of earth. Anything to do with plants, earth magic, crystal, or any mineral really. This particular book is very old and could be dwarven which is spectacular. I simply must have it. I will make sure you are paid well if you get it without them noticing. Then it's just a matter of getting out of the city."

She tapped her foot and looked around. "Too be honest I am the Goddess Angela. The Mother if you will. Though gods are too widely known here in Parvpora. If the people at the auction realize who I am no amount of gold is going to get me that book. I am afraid even centuries after what happened they are still very bitter with the likes of us."

Angela's 3 God Rules
jumpadrew

Character Info
Armin took inhaled, almost choking on the very air he was breathing. A goddess? Was it normal to be accompanied by a deity during a ride to the city? She had also said she was travelling here to receive a dwarven book of earth. While he had no reason to doubt her, he still felt as if there was something more to the story. After all, if she really was a goddess, wasn't it the way of deities to mask the truth and bind it in shadow? Needless to say, he now had a hundred more questions regarding her actions and intent.

Nevertheless, his face remained neutral and he nodded slightly, as if her title was of little surprise to him, though in reality it was quite the opposite. "Whatever might have happened, I have no quarrel with you, Goddess. If you truly desire my help, I'll come along for now." He paused standing to stretch. "I'd take it you're an earth goddess then, judging by you're preference when it come to literature and your, ah, distaste for heights."
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
A smile came to her lips as she watched him. For the moment she seemed content but still she shook her head. "I did nothing to the people here. You may call me Angela though." Tilting her head she chuckled as he had a good guess. "Fertility and Earth are my calling. They call me The Mother. Goddess who Gifts Fertility and Holds the Cornucopia." 

Her voice was low as she spoke. Looking around she began to stand up and looked at their destination. "I collect a lot of books mostly for teaching my children. Earth books in particular I like to have. Especially Dwavern ones since Baltil is an amazing city. Have you ever been to Baltil? Absolutely gorgeous."

Thinking once more she looked around. "We should probably discuss a plan of action in case I cannot get into the auction. If that happens we will need to go with plan B anyways. The other thing is if I am noticed once inside plan B will need to happen. Plan B almost always happens. Normally gods have these jobs handed out to people since we are a pure energy but in Parvpora my magic is weakened."

Angela's 3 God Rules