Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Karith > City of Karith > NightTime Travels (O)
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
"I was once a blacksmith by the name of Reginn Obi, I am now a Warrior of The Hand. Even if they are still alive they abandoned us and they probably won't come back to look after us" he drew his finely made sword glinting in the moonlight "We start anew, we prepare for whats coming, we continue the battle of the Hand high in the skies" his face illuminated by the light as Cricket stood sitting beside him the beast's tail wrapping around the young man's torso.

His whistled quickly watching as the Pegasus got off the ground uneasily and cautious of the man, looking at Cricket quickly the gryphon quickly trotted over to the horse pushing its head against its wing to try to show it wasn't in danger the winged cat purred against soft feathers of the horse before sitting down and tilting its head to the fellow animal, "Of course Ill need help, I've been through a lot these last few months, the last of my family dying, the leaders disappearing and losing confidence in myself as a good person. So I ask you hear Ha Neul, Will you help me bring the Hand back to its former glory?" he rose an eyebrow offering a hand to the women before smirking, "Of course, however, we need you to get better at flying" letting a quick chuckle escape,

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Ha Neul

Character Info
Name: Ha Neul
Alignment: TN
Race: Reanimation
Class: Soldier
Silver: 2521
The blacksmith's words were strong, yet, he undoubtedly spoke the truth. They had been abandoned, whether they liked to admit it or not. Yet, it appeared all hope was not truly lost, for the action seemed to spark a new beginning, perhaps even a better beginning, much stronger than it's previous.

The Pegasus had been rather cautious as the Gryphon upon it's approach, backing away somewhat as it trotted toward the winged horse. However, after realizing the creature held no ill intentions, it eased it's guard as the Gryphon purred against it's feathers. As the Gryphon sat down, the winged horse lied down next to it. Taking a moment to observe the scene between the two creatures, once previously hostile, and now at peace, it seemed to serve a sign of some sort. If beast could get along after conflict, why not humans?

Further listening to the blacksmith's words, and observing as he offered a hand, she returned the blacksmith's smirk, and unfolded her hands, "Difficulties and struggles are what make a stronger leader." She spoke, "Without them, one is not qualified to lead others; He stands at an inability to relate to his follower's difficulties." With that, she stuck out her hand, accepted the blacksmith's handshake, and returned a playful comment of her own, "I need to get better at flying, and you need to get better at combat." She said with a light-hearted smirk. Musing at her statement for a few moments, she finished with, "Perhaps we can actually help each other with that." Though the man was not anything intimidating, there was undoubtedly a strong inner fire about him. He had ambition, and Ha Neul liked that.
kingcrasy

Character Info
"Lets start with flying though, I may have forgotten to bring most of my equipment" he said with a chuckle before walking over to the pegasus allowing a brief minute to stroke its mane, "When I first met Cricket, I was with Elenoir, Harkon's Daughter, we had spent the day in town looking for mounts but the owner of stalls kept showing us poorly fed and maintained creatures, so we decided to head out further into the forest" the Gryphon seemed to perk up at the story tilting its head at his partner as Regi smiled and continued, "Cricket was caught in a bear trap around his hind leg which caused him immense pain whenever he tried to shake it off and I, Well I was being chased by four angry poachers who caught me trying to free him. Next thing I know this massive beast comes down black feathered head and spotted hind body manages to beat them all, him and I made a pact that day and I've spent almost every day with him since then" Cricket pushed his head into Regi's side letting a purr out into the young man's chest.

Regi turned back to Ha Neul with a small smile, "That's why you're struggling to fly yours you see? it's not like a normal horse where there are only four directions you can go" he said this in a teacher like a tone pointing out the directions, "While flying you have up and down to include as well which means you need to be of the same mind length to send the right instructions" the young blacksmith turned back to the pegasus taking the reins in his hand and simply looking the horse in the eyes, "I don't know your name, but I need you to start trying to trust your partner, Can you please do that for me?" he said it softly close to the horse's ear to not spook it before waiting for the horse's response.

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Ha Neul

Character Info
Listening to the story brought a light smile to Ha Neul's face, it sounded similar to when lovers describe how they first met each other, except it this case it was a meeting between a man and his flying companion. So Elenoir was Hakon's daughter, now it made more sense as to why the blacksmith had mentioned her along with Hakon, and had such a fervent heart to protect them both. The man's actions and previous aggression were beginning to make a lot more sense now.

As the blacksmith continued to speak his advice, Ha Neul rose a curious eyebrow. The advice seemed obvious and simple enough, yet it had a very deep understanding to it. It was not something Ha Neul had taken too deeply into consideration. She had attempted to reign the flying creature similar to one of the many grounded horses she had become so accustomed to riding. However, she had not deeply considered the creature had a much different mentality compared to ground-bound horses, and as a result she also needed to have the same. Additionally navigating upwards and downwards was something she was not accustomed to yet, and it often even became a fearful task, especially when it came to landing. Oftentimes, she even wondered how her and the creature had still managed to somehow survive, despite her greatly inexperienced guidance of it. Such inexperienced guidance, might have also possibly affected the creature's trust of her. Quite a few times, the creature blatantly disobeyed orders, for the sake of both itself and owner. Initially, such disobedience had incited anger within the armored woman, yet after realizing it's purpose, she could find no reason to scold the creature.

Observing while the blacksmith spoke to the creature with such as emotion, as if it were a human being, she found the action rather peculiar, pondering if the creature could even understand the man's words. Whether it did or not, however, the creature seemed to at least understand the man's emotion, as it lightly neighed and snorted in response. 

She continued to stare at the scene for a time, deeply meditating on the blacksmith's advice in silent contemplation, before finally speaking, "And what are some additional methods one can go about doing, in order to create this shared 'mind length' between each other." Ha Neul eventually asked. Her tone was quite nonchalant, yet despite her outwardly cool and seemingly unconcerned demeanor, she was still very curious to actually hear the answer.
kingcrasy

Character Info
"Well that's a easy answer, Trust them" as he finished the sentence the blacksmith let out a whistle behind him as the large gryphon stood up stretching its wing and flapping them creating large gusts of wind blowing dirt into small clouds as Cricket started charging at his partner before taking hold of his shoulders with its large claws pulling him up into the air with an excited shout Regi looked back and shouted against the wind "Meet you up there!".

The feeling of the wind on his face and seeing the city lights below always filled him with such excitement, sometimes he would just fly when he needs ideas for his next creation or even better to get exercise, the venture the two had just produce was something they had trained at for a couple weeks starting off with a safety net made of string, Regi made it out to be a trust exercise but it was really just to give him the sensation of flying even when the next bit came. Cricket quickly released the rider watching him drop before swooping down and allowing his partner to land heavily on his saddle, they rocked in the middle of the air as they both regained balance before the young man quickly wrapped an arm around the beast's neck giving it a sideways hug and to whisper "I knew you could you big oaf", he leant back against the saddle feeding the gryphon some sardines he had found in the bag as they hovered in the sky with the steady beating of the large beast's wings.

Ha Neul

Character Info
Observing the situation with widened eyes, as the blacksmith proceeded in what Ha Neul considered to be the very antics of a suicidal madman, she watched as the man and his flying companion successfully completed their bold stunt without any fatal injury. The whole aerial-bound act was something far too daring for Ha Neul to even consider the thought of imitating. She preferred to keep all her risk ground bound, as there were already far enough many fatal threats to deal with down below, without adding more to the list. The very consideration of placing her very life into the responsibility of a beast, based on whether they succeeded in such airborne stunts or not, was something Ha Neul could find not logical reason in risking.

Watching as the as two hovered in the air, awaiting on their two other currently ground bound guests to join them, Ha Neul eventually turned to her Pegasus, who also was observing the skybound duo. Closely approaching towards her own winged companion, she dusted it's saddle off, before working her way upon the back the winged horse once more. With a pulling of the reins, the winged horse began the flapping of it's wings, eventually ascending airborne as well, and began flying towards the other two airborne entities. After few clumsy mismaneuverings, Ha Neul and her winged Pegasus eventually found themselves flying alongside the duo.

"What's the plan?" Ha Neul shouted through the loud beating of both of the creature's wings, and beating winds of the air.
kingcrasy

Character Info
He sighed watching her clumsy get into the sky listening to her question intently he smirked, "Hold on tight, and trust they won't drop you, this is a trust exercise after all M'am" he shouted back to her before letting go of his reins he then said loudly into the wind, "Show me something new Cricket" the Wild beast letting out a loud call before diving straight down towards the city below, Regi let out a loud whoop holding onto the neck of the Gryphon laughing loudly as the bird narrowly dove into the streets narrowly avoiding a lamppost before taking tight turns each beat of the wings causing dust to fly up the small alleys.

After a few minutes of tight flying Cricket suddenly folded his wings running through the streets jumping over stalls and passing two kids who looked in shock as the gryphon seemingly shot pass them with a young rider smirking at the kids with a wide grin and a look of excitement plastered on his face, like a blur the city centre passed leading to the edge of the island coming ever closer towards them with a purr the beast lept unfolding his wings before flying up towards the tall towers landing heavily against the tiles leaving its owner and the ride breathing roughly looking up at the stars as Regi petted the beast muttering "Good choice pal" before looking back towards the city awaiting the clumsy rider to make their way through the buildings.