Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Sidhiel, The Living Myth > Curiosities Abound [Pm to join/Event]
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
The barmaid smiled and took their orders, before wandering off.  Hiro turned his attention back on his new friends.  Fen asked about what mead was.  "She has the right of it.  It's an alcoholic, adult beverage made with fermented honey, instead of say grains, or grapes and such.  Wine's made with fermented grapes, for example.  It's an adult drink, because it contains alcohol, it can have powerful effects on people, it can . . . loosen inhibitions, some people can get mean, or sad, or overly friendly, depends on the person.  It can make a person sick if you drink too much of it.  It was invented when people couldn't drink water found in rivers, before people could figure out how to get clean water.  You can try alcohol when you're older.  It tastes good, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, but it's not for children.  I'm not going to drink too much so that it hurts me or such.  I learned that if you drink it slowly, and eat food between drinks, you don't get affected as much, and I can 'handle my liquor' well enough,"  Hiro explained to the young lad. "You don't have to worry about anything bad happening to me with alcohol."

"I don't know where that owl came from, could have been just a regular owl, or maybe something magical. I think they tend to usually stay away from people, so for an owl to stay near people like that is unusual," Hiro noted, shrugging, his shoulders. Hiro gave the idea of giant enemies like the so called Titans from the other world. "Well, the world I came from is gone. Everything that existed there disappeared and was destroyed. I was able to bring my father to Revaliir because he got separated from me, and ended up in some other world, as part of some rich guy's collection. I didn't get to explore the world he got stuck in, but we staged a 'jail break' of sorts. So I approached lady Moliira about finding my father. She was able to open a temporary portal to this other world, using my connections to my father. She was able to track him down using some powerful Godly magic.

The two of us entered the portal, Moliira had a Priest stay behind to mind the portal. We ended up in a large building filled with display cases or glass cages, protected by some kind of magic power. All those cages were filled with all sorts of people, and creatures from different worlds. We were able to find a cage that contained my dog, Ember (I should show her some day, she's adorable) and we were able to locate my father, Sabishii, who was stuck in a fire proof cage. We started opening cages, releasing my father, and any other people who were trapped there. This alerted the guards, which came to stop us. Me and my father were there, Lady Moliira was guiding the escape, while me and Father fought off the guards, they had weird projectile weapons, similar to crossbows that shot arcane energy. There was also some woman there, who was either the lead of the guards, or the person who owned the facility. We held off the guards until everyone else managed to escape, with Father being the last person through the portal. I think he would've liked to have torn the whole building down so that no one would ever be forced to be trapped in that hell hole again. "
By this time the food had arrived, along with the drinks.

Hiro took a drink from his mead. "Very good." Hiro could smell the delicious venison, the scent wafting up through the air. He cut off a piece of meat and took a bite, tasting the savory meat. It was delicious. "Mmm, everyone, dig in. The food here is delicious!" Not much was better than sharing good food and drink with great company.