Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > A Walk Around The Walls [P]
maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
Jake was left in shock after hearing Silanius's tirade having not expected it to come out of the blue as it had. Not wanting to offend the bard just sort of sat there for a minute eating his food. After he had finished his food Jake attempted to stand up and fumbled. Looking around he used the nearby rock to help himself up. This fatigue was going to last for a while as he had used a lot to cast that lightning spell. "Well then I suppose we had better not keep your kinsmen waiting, shall we Silanius" Jake couldn't say he was looking forward to going as the terrain around Wyllmochvar could be quite obnoxious to travel. Interest in meeting the remnants of this clan had steeled his resolve, plus Jake's original plan involved a hike anyway so why not. He just hoped that the other members of the clan were more mentally together than Silanius.

Jake rifled through the bag which had his food in it, I should have enough he thought. "I suppose you should lead the way as I haven't the faintest idea as to where we're going, should be fun though". Efforts were made by Jake to hide just how tired he was he was as he didn't want to hold Silanius up by asking for him to wait until the fatigue had passed. By this point he was able to stand upright with little issue so what was a little hike. In order to take his mind off, well really everything Jake pulled out his song and began playing an old travellers song a man had taught him that is song in an old dead tongue.

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
Silanus smiled and said; "Very well, follow me…" The young man walked to the big dead troll, and he did put his hand inside one of the troll's wounds, leaving his hand completely covered in blood, now he said: "Worry not! The foul smell of this beast's blood will scare other dangers, so our voyage shall be safe!" 

Silanus began to walk, listening carefully to the bard's song… His rat Galea was with him, it seems that she enjoyed the song. .

When Silanus listened to Jake's last verse of the song, he was surprised… He somehow knew that song… It was in an ancient language, but which one… Was it… Of course! An orchish song! The orcs that allied the Fratis years ago. That tongue became extint after the orc tribes united and all started talking human languages… Even if it is not THAT old, very few humans know the tongue…

Before Jake could finish a verse, Silanus sang, in the old orchish tongue: "And the man did not fear, when he began to hear, the wise man's stories with his eaaaar!"

Silanus laughted while walking… He suddenly felt healthier than before, he felt the pain that the troll caused, simply dissapear… Singing is great. He said to Jake: "Silanus' mother was a great skald, you know? She taught him many songs and poems…"

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
It's hard to tell what Jake was more shocked by, the fact that Silanius knew some orcish, or that he knew the song that the bard was singing. "You've got keen ears, your mother taught you well Silanius. Usually when I play that song most people don't know the words they simply like how it sounds." The orcish language was an oddity. Usually when a language dies it's because the culture or people have either died, or the language had altered enough to be unrecognizable. The Orcs however simply abandoned their tongue for that of humans. From what Jake had been told it had been done for the sake of convenience. Though this led to a lot of the orcish classics, they're songs and stories to nearly die out. "It's a truly awful thing to think about how in a few generations all the great old orc songs might be completely gone." Jake thought for a moment then smiled. "Though that just gives all the more reason to sing them so loudly the heavens will hear our singing."

Hmm what to play what to play, I know the tale of Gorthamuk. The tale of Gorthamuk was a orcish story through and through. It tells of an orcish warrior who's mate and child was killed during a raid by a rival tribe. So in order to get revenge he went out on a quest to destroy this tribe. "Let's see how well your mother taught you Silanius. I'm gonna sing the first part of this and then you're going to tell me the next line". "3 2 1 There lived an orc with teeth of iron and a will of steel, and anyone who saw him was filled with fear."

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.