Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > The Sky's Limit [R/L:4/Ask to Join]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
[This takes place on the Continental Airship bound for iria]

It had been a few days worth of travel to hunt down the man responsible for poisoning one of the guild members under the guise of a healer, but Lewis had taken full responsibility since Xeik had left Hoja with Drake and Danwe. As such, he had looked into the man’s past using some of their new connections, and found that he had travelled the world and done similar things in every city. The false diagnoses and mixed tonics were enough to potentially kill many who would cross his path.

The thief turned assassin didn’t take kindly to that. So, he found himself bound to Iria from Abed. The trail had almost gone cold, but as he had just about given up, a new lead surfaced. So it was, Lewis found himself on the continental airship.

It was already mid-flight when Lewis took a stroll out on the main deck, leaning against the railing. The wind whipped through his silver-blonde hair, his hazel eyes gazing out across the open sea. It would be a short trip if things went well. Good. He sighed. He was already bored. The teen hated sitting still. His newly aged body needed to move, and he felt forever restless when he wasn’t doing at least something.

Guess I’ll take a walk, then… He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his pants. He hadn’t had the forethought of grabbing a cloak, but his black, sleeveless shirt seemed to be keeping his temperature reasonable, despite the rushing winds. He pulled the sash over his lower face out of habit. He was still unaccustomed to the way he looked, and wanted to avoid shocking himself as much as possible.

As he walked around the ship, he wondered what would be in store once he arrived in Iria….

Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Name: Kimari Redmane
Alignment: None
Race: Centaur
Class:
Silver: 773
Kimari Redmane stood off by herself on the airship, still trying to get used to the fact she was in something that did not traverse on the land or sea. She had been in regular ships and had been somewhat all right; despite her getting seasick once or twice. However, her being on the airship made her head spin. 'You'll be all right. The chance of this airship falling from the sky isn't too high.' she thought, trying to be as confident as possible. Her blue eyes scanned the nearby area and saw people going to and fro. None seemed to draw her attention, although she could feel eyes going towards her. Some curious, others filled with confusion, and some even with disgust. She did not return any rude glances to any of them before she began slowly making her way about the ship.

"There has to be something that I can do other than stand around…." She mumbled. 'But if anyone tries to put me with the other animals on the airship, if there are….I swear they will meet the wrong end of my bow and arrow.' She mused with a slight frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. She pulled out her dagger and began wiping the blade with her cloak, seeing there was a smudge of dirt on the short blade. "Come off dirt….." She mumbled at the smudge on the dagger, not paying attention to the fact she wad likely to run into someone if she didn't look up from her dagger. And, considering she was half horse, it wouldn't be a typical sort of two person collision. It would undoubtedly be more than a little painful for the other person or persons involved.
Dusk

Character Info
The would be assassin was wary of his surroundings. Being a full time thief meant that he should always be prepared for anything. Being an assassin meant knowing how to sense intent, and avoid possible killing blows. All of this was burned into the boy’s brain, but Lewis was still just that: a boy. His body may have aged to that of a teenager, but his mind had not fully caught up, and his experience was lacking.

As such, he felt no hostile intent from the centaur in his path, and he was paying attention to anything but his path, his mind wandering to back home. So when the two collided, Lewis was more than caught off guard. A deep rooted instinct took hold, though, as the collision happened. He saw a flash of silver; a dagger. Without a second thought he grabbed the weapon, and instinctively backpedaled, the weapon in his grasp now in a perfect reverse grip. He was ready to strike.

However, he had no need to. His fierce gaze softened as he realized what had happened. In front of him was merely a centaur woman with long, pretty hair, who had run into him by accident. Not an assassin after him. Not a merchant after his stolen goods. Just a centaur. He sighed, and abandoned his stance, holding the weapon out hilt first.

“Sorry. I didn’t see you there….my apologies,” the silver haired boy said with a fake smile. In truth, he wasn’t sorry. Though, he wasn’t angry either. Those emotions were distant for him, as if a mere echo of what they should be. It was something he starting to understand. Most other humans and non-humans had emotions that they expressed. So, in order to not stand out, he needed to fake them.

“My name is L…Lear.” He gave out a false name at the last second. He had no way of knowing who was listening in, or what the centaur’s affiliations were.

Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
Kimari was just about done cleaning the dagger when she felt herself come into contact with someone. She bristled and was about to apologize when she felt the dagger get snatched from her hands. "What in the….?" She said in a slightly high pitched voice. "Geez… calm down…" Her eyes darted to the dagger in the young man's hand. "There's no need to be aggressive…" She spluttered, backing up some as she watched the young man.

"Hm? Oh. I apologize as well. I was focused on cleaning my dagger, so I didn't see you." Kimari replied apologetically. "You're not hurt, are you, Lear?" The young Centaur woman was a bit concerned that she may have hurt the young man that had introduced himself as Lear. She had no way to know that wasn't his name, but it wasn't like that mattered in that situation. "I'm Kimari, by the way," she introduced, trying to be polite.

She then grabbed the dagger from the young man and tucked it away, making a mental note to not to bring it out again unless it was necessary. 'I don't think that I want to risk getting stabbed next time someone snatches it from my hands…' She mused, flicking her tail as she waited for a reply from Lear, or so he said his name was.
bob_bobinson

Character Info
Name: Borton Roth
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 40
A little distance away, a man in a cheap cloak is sat down, appearing rather dejected and weary.
"Ise need to start with a clear objective. Too much running around, ise most died in the Feorin forest. Need to get my act together."  Talking to himself, Borton hardly noticed the minor confrontation but fifteen feet in front of him. 
"Quite far ise went, Quite little ise learned,Gained few but good words."
Failing in his line of thinking, he decides to, for the moment, give up. And in a quite in opposition to the prior whispering(loud though not a scream), he announces for all to hear:

"Someone get me a drink!"

B. Roth
Dusk

Character Info
The fact that the centaur was so understanding was off putting to Lewis. His mind had yet to catch up to his body…from his point, he was still a child. And a child running in to an adult like he had would have resulted in a beating in most cities. Here, though, it was a near civil exchange. That, coupled with the fact that he had very well near lashed out with the dagger, had him confused at what to say next.

Finally, after a moment of staring blankly, he shook his head. “Erm, sorry. Kimari? Nice to meet you,” he said. “And, not to be…rude or anything, but I don’t recommend cleaning weapons in public like that. It tends to make guards and the like wary.” A basic lesson for a thief and would be assassin. Never show your arsenal. He glanced around, doing his usual to see if anyone was watching. Of course, there was always someone watching.

No hostile intent. He glanced, though, as the person called for a drink. What does he think this is…a private ship? Lewis crossed his arms. If he wanted a drink he’d have to go find the bar. The teen had not yet scouted the entire layout, but hazarding a guess, it was probably near the back of the ship, below deck.

Ignoring the call for the drink, Lewis turned his attention back to Kimari. “So…what brings you to Iria?”

bob_bobinson

Character Info
After a few moments of waiting, Boston realises he will be getting no drinks. 

What, no waitresses? You'd expect those who run this ship to provide something! He thinks to himself. My throat is a desert, i am parched. Woe is me!

Borton gives up, disappointed and slightly embarrassed. He sits down.

B. Roth
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
"Yeeaahhh… I kind of got that. I should have known better." Kimari replied to the young man. She rubbed the back of her head and started when a man called for a drink. She looked over in his direction, confused, before turning her attention onto the young man before her. "Just travelling, really. I haven't been away from home, for the most part, and I wanted to explore." She said, shrugging casually. "Perhaps a bit of thrill seeking. I haven't had much excitement lately. But who knows what might happen if I am away from home."

The Centaur woman glanced around, shifting her cloak some on her shoulders. "Are you from Iria?" Kimari asked in a sincerely curious manner.
bob_bobinson

Character Info
Still disappointed, Borton decides to listen in on conversations. Maybe he will find something to distract him? 

After a while, he gives up once more. Amongst all the people, all he could hear was something about Iria city. He was already there for a spell, so he had not much interest in it. 

"Well, Ise might as well."
He whispers to himself, feeling his dagger in his pocket.
"If a rat comes by ill be able to feed my cobras."

B. Roth