Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > A new beginning to an old tale [Aevumeternity]
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Name: Aven Kilandre-Alveron
Alignment: TG
Race: Dark Human/Shadow
Class: Scion of Dark Matter
Silver: 536
Darkness. It had been a friend of Aven's for quite a time, both his shield and sword in times of need. However, the darkness he felt now was no being's ally, a void of nothingness that threatened to swallow both him and his beloved whole. We were careless! How could they have known that Caster was affiliated with the Void? It was unthinkable, but he'd managed to catch both of them in a spelll, through Hakon's Adhara field, no less! If Aven didn't do something, they'd be swallowed by the Void in no time at all.

Gathering up all the dark matter in his possession, he pulled Hakon close to his chest, gritting his teeth. "Hang on, Haki, this is going to be rough!" The dark matter enveloped them in a shell, while the twisted magics of the void rocketed them through time and space. It was all Aven could do to keep the barrier intact, a few leaks along the way blasting his body with Void energy, and causing a gasp of pain.

It seemed to last an eternity, but all of a sudden, the turmoil cane to an abrupt halt, the shell cracking and dissolving into nothing, not even dark matter particles. The scene before the tightly clasped lovers was one of a crowd, awestruck expressions on each and every member of it, in the town square of a bustling city. A warm sense of relief washed over Aven, just as his legs gave out and he collapsed in Hakon's arms.

The Dark does not judge, will not forgive, and cannot save: such is my purpose.
AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57
All she could truly recall was a sudden, all-consuming blackness and a horrid roaring-screeching sound. Gritting her teeth beneath her helm, she quickly grasps hold to her sword and shield as Aven's arms wrap around her securely. Before she knew it, Hakon's breath was torn from her lungs and darkness crashed upon an egg shell of familiar energy…

Her gauntletted hands grasped him tightly as she screwed her eyes tightly shut- was this the end? No way?! So soon?? There was so much to do it couldn't be-

Oxygen rushed back into her lungs causing Hakon to inhale with a rasp and break into a coughing fit. She was sitting up and felt the smallist form of her lover collapsing into her arms. Quickly she wrapped him tightly to her chest, blearly looking through her helm at the unfamiliar faces around them. An unusual language of awe being spoken- yet as she faded in and out of barely being conscious, she could begin to understand more and more.

" Who is that?!"
" What happened?"
" Go get someone!!" 

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Hakon and Aven would wake up in a a white tiled room, under recently washed sheets. Two figures in grey uniforms stood near the bed, discussing a most peculiar topic. "….it was the strangest thing, the young man doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him. No cuts, no abrasions, no bruises, no signs of illness."

The second, taller figure nods, stroking his chin. "And the female?"

The younger man glanced over at the two of them, assuming them to still be unconscious. "She seemed to have a few bruises on her legs, but we couldn't examine her torso or arms. It's like she has a death grip on that young boy, we couldn't budge it!"

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon slowly blinked awake, she still held a familiar crushing weight to her chest, her chestpiece still on due to the fact she would still not budge from her trap-like grip upon Aven. Slowly, she relaxed, her grip upon that familiar weight slipping slightly as her eyes sought out darkness in order to relieve the blinding white light of the room. She felt numb- her body ached despite her legs and head being freed of the familiar heavy armor.

her lips part in a groan, chapped and utterly begging for water," Ugh~" blinking rapidly she tried to lift her head, only to feel it fall back down without her volition. A hand touched her shoulder, a young woman had approached and knelt beside the bed.

" Miss?" Her voice sounded far away," Miss?" Hakon realized it came from the woman, that sound- and turned to look at her, blinking rapidly," Miss let him go. We need to help you."

"…" she tried to speak, the words being said, the words forming upon her tongue felt foreign,"… Don't." Ah- there, yes… Don't take him from me. She wished she could say it all but felt far too weak to. That fight- what had happened?

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
It was as though Aven were reliving the fight, over and over in his head, wondering what he could have done better.

The dark cloaked man chuckled ominously, his Angel fallen, his Demon in tatters. Aven and Hakon stood triumphant in the middle of the courtyard, Hakon raising her blade to strike him down. "You think you've won…" Both Hakon and Aven froze, bound by an invisible force. They struggled to break free, but it was futile. "You have no idea how small you are, insects. The Void is all encompassing, all powerful! It binds the universe, just as it has bound you now." The man, Caster, stands from his alleged defeat, his eyes pure darkness. "I could make you into my slaves, make you fight each other until you are nothing more than husks of your former selves…. but I'm afraid I've grown bored of your antics. Perish now…" A portal of infinite blackness opened behind them. "…in the dark!"

Aven woke with a start, the heartbeat of his love close, but sluggish. Where… where were they? "Ha…ki…" As he tried to speak, he felt an incredible weakness, an empty feeling, as though he were completely drained of power. The barrier… it was destroyed. But neither Matter nor energy can be destroyed, how is that possible? It should have returned to me after breaking! It was obvious to Aven that he had yet to learn everything about the way the universe functions. He would need to remedy that. "Haki… are you… okay?"

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon hears that familiar voice, it seemed as if her heart had started again, quickly she cupped his face in her hands, her eyes flying wide as she looked him over with concern," Aven-" she breathed his name, gasping faintly. That word, that name felt correct upon her tongue, not this odd language she was now speaking,"- Aven, my Aven- Are you?" she quickly presses her lips rather hard to his forehead, perhaps almost painfully, the dented armor of her chestplate squealing in protest between them.

Pain shot through her back and she quickly fell back again, breathing rather hard," ugh- ah-" wincing her fingers nonetheless curled through his hair," Thank god- thank god you're here…" she laughs breathlessly even as her vision swam.

" Lay still- Aven? Is that your name?" the nurse looks to him quickly," You must leave her… We must check her over. And you, for that matter…"

Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven gasped as she near crushed him to kiss his forehead, a worthwhile trade in his book. He laughed hoarsely. "Yes, Hakon, I'm quite alright, just a bit hungry, is all." His eyes flickered over to the nurse, sensing something strange. Was that… magic energy within her? 

He shifted up to peck Hakon's cheek. "I'll be here, don't worr, Haki. After that battle, it would be best for them to look you over. If I recall, that demon hit you quite forcefully in the chest."

One of the doctors strode up. "Don't worry, Miss Hakon, it will be painless. We have the most prestigious healing experts in Parvpora, there is hardly an injury we cannot tend to."

Aven's eyes widened slightly. Parvpora? I've never heard of it. Where are we?

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon seems to voice his thoughts immediately," Parvpora?" She echoes incredulously, wincing but slowly releasing aven, the blood returning her arms causing pins and needles to prickle her limbs rather mercilessly. Again, she gulps down a groan and closes her eyes," This place is..?"

" Parvpora," the nurse finishes gently, already beginning to removed the armor, looking at it strangely before continuing pleasantly," The place we are now, you came here did you not?"

" yes but-" not on purpose. She bit back the second portion and simply exhales, going slowly limp,"…" She felt an odd sense of relief- if… This truly was another world they had been tossed into- there was so much suddenly lifted off of her, suddenly she was free- Aven was free. Was this…  blessing in disguise?

Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven could barely believe it: he'd read a study on dimensional magic, a foundational element of most forms of summoning, but most of it had been theoretical. Actually traveling to a different world, a different universe, and unharmed, no less? The two of them were living proof of the multiverse theory! 

Aven stood, rolling his shoulders as they popped into place, causing a few odd looks from the doctors. Apparently, they knew the sight of regeneration. He didn't consider it a problem, that tall doctor had openly referenced magic, so he couldn't imagine they had any issue with him, past maybe curiosity. He strode around the bed and sat in a nearby chair, facing Hakon. "I'll be staying for any treatment you administer, please continue."

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon, too, seemed to have noticed something off- something unusual about the individals claiming to assist them. She furrowed her brow and lay back with a sigh, closing her eyes. Aven could probably explain this- but she felt worried, her Aura… It was not working. Obviously these people were quite at ease so- what happened to her Adhara aura?

Exhaling deeply, she obediently shifting her torso out of the chest armor and lay still as the woman's cool hands brushed over her skin. She could not feel something rather noticeably wrong with her lower back and as the young woman moved away, she shifted her hand about to brush the region, pulling her hand back to her face to note dried blood fragments sticking to her fingers… Thats right, she had been struck in the back by the demon- she hadn't felt anything then due to adrenaline but now…

She shook her head faintly and exhaled, closing her eyes… She wanted to fall back asleep. Nonetheless, she opened her eyes- Hakon reaching out to Aven,"… Where are we?"

" Pavrpora- as stated before," one of the docgors replied but from the way she gazed at him- brow furrowed and eyes intense, clearly she was asking a heavy 'where ARE we?' To him.

Have a wonderful day!