Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > Learning Adventure [P/R]
Sapphire

Character Info
Name: Sapphire Rose-Kyrie
Alignment: CG
Race: Elf Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 391
Sapphire was a mess as she buried herself into Hiro’s chest. She had never been this sad ever. Even when she thought she was so vastly different compared to her siblings had she ever been this emotionally worn. “Alright..” she choked the word out as she took his hand and let him lead the way out to a portal. They would gate to Wyllmochvar from there after they told Drae where they were off too.

The whirlwind from the gating caught her off guard as it often did. She stumbled a bit and held onto Hiro’s arm. They were not from from the walls of Wyllmochvar now. Her eyes were big as she looked up at the enchanted walls. “I’ve never been this far from home Hiro.” Her hand went up to her necklace as she gripped it tightly. “I’m scared…”

She had managed to make the redness and puffiness around her eyes go down, thanks to magic. Her long purple curls were all down her shoulders and down her back. Her dress was beautiful tailored and a soft shade of pale yellow with dark green accents around the bottom of the skirts and sleeves. The sleeves were off her shoulders and bellowed out at the ends. Soft lace of white edged the sleeves as well. 

Hiro was at least six inches taller than she was, thanks to her wearing flats. So it was awkward to hold onto his arm and keep up with him as they made their way to the gates of the city. They passed through with a large group of people. Sapphire had never seen a city other than Arri before so her eyes got large as she looked around at all the different people, vendors, and most importantly the college just off in the distance.

“This is amazing Hiro… What will we do first? I mean… I suppose we should at least get a room set up for us to rest in when we are done exploring right?” How long would they be here? Did Hiro think he could protect her outside the city? She didn’t know but she did know that Hiro had put thought into bringing her to the City of Knowledge and Magic.

OOC: Brittlez!
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro held Sapphire, he felt sadness for the loss of Lady Angela too, but he had to be strong for Sapphire.  So it was decided that they would leave the Gardens, and head to Wyllmochvar City to occupy themselves there.  He guided her to a portal, and in they went.  On the other side, they were at the gates to the magic city.  Hiro gazed up at them, and felt Sapphire holding his arm nervously.  She told him that she hadn't been this far from home before, leaving Hiro somewhat surprised.

"Really?  It'll be all right, I'm here, and the more you travel the more used to it.  It just takes some time."  Hiro smiled at her confidently and led her into the city.  There were so many people, Sapphire seemed amazed by everything, maybe overwhelmed too.  "Yes, we'll get to an inn room, I've already rented a room ahead of time for us, it shouldn't give us any trouble.  Then from there we can plan what we want to do next."  Hiro guided her toward the inn he had in mind.  He was wearing casual clothing, including a black tunic with a small phoenix crest on it.  They arrived at the inn, it was named the "Silver Fox Tavern," and appeared somewhat rustic in appearance, compared to the rest of the city.  At the front of the tavern, a bespectacled, short old man with an long gray beard.

"Hello, I've made a reservation for a room for two, under the name Kouen," he said to the old man.  The old man started to look through a large book.

"Was that Louen or Kou?" he asked the young man, flippling through the pages.

"No, it's Kouen, sir, K-O-U-E-N," he repeated, spelling out his last name.  The old man scratched his head, adjusted his glasses and started looking through the book again.

"Kouen, Kouen, Kouen.  Here it is . . . Kouen, reserved room 207 . . . wait, didn't I already give you a key?"  Hiro hilted his head to the side.  The poor man must be becoming senile, as well as hard of hearing.

"No sir.  We've only just arrived."

"Young whippersnappers, making me double guess myself," he muttered to himself, before looking at the wall to his side, where a bunch of keys were hung up on the wall.  "Here you go, second floor, room 207, don't lose that key please, right this way."  He took a key from the wall and handed it to Hiro.

"Thank you, sir."  Hiro bowed, then brought Sapphire to the second floor through a stairway and they walked through a long hallway until they found the correct room.  He started to unlock the door, but found the door was already unlocked.  "That's odd."  Confused, with caution, he slowly opened the door and saw someone laying on one of the beds.  He was an older, rugged looking man, with brown, red, and graying hair, a beard and a mustache.  He looked similar to the young lad, especially with their matching sapphire eyes.  He wore a red tunic with a golden phoenix emblem on it.  "What the . . ."

"Hey, son, you've made it.  Who's the girl?  Is she your girlfriend?  You haven't mentioned you had a girlfriend, were you trying to keep a secret from your old man?" he sat up and grinned at the pair  Hiro felt instant embarrassment.

"Dad, why are you here?  In my room?  S-she's my friend, and she just went through a whole lot recently!  She's one of Lady Angela's daughters, she's a Rosenite,"  Hiro explained, nervously, while questioning his father's appearance in his inn room.

"I went to stay here at the inn, and the old man at the front desk said there was already a room reserved for a Sir Kouen, so I figured I'd wait here for you to greet you.  He said it was room for two.  I had to find out about who you were staying with," he laughed, grinning.  "Lady Angela?  She made it here to Revaliir too?  As a Goddess, I suspect, considering my experiences with her in the past.  How's she doing?  Doing well I suspect?"  Hiro winced at the question, it was a sore subject, that  he hadn't had the chance to explain to him what happened yet.

"Uh, Sapphire, this is Sabishii, my father.  We've recently recovered him from another world where he was being held captive by some collector guy who had created some kind of zoo of sorts for collecting unusual beings and people.  He was probably his most prized find until Lady Moliira and I rescued him from there," he introduced her to his father, trying to skirt around the subject of Lady Angela.  Sabishii approached them and bowed to her.

"Charmed to meet you, Miss Sapphire.  I'm a good friend of your mother,  But why is Hiro skating around the issue?  Is Angela all right?"

Sapphire

Character Info
Once Sapphire was done being entertained with everything she happily followed Hiro up to their room. Though when the door was unlocked she hid behind Hiro. Her sapphire eyes looking around Hiro so she could see what was getting the best of him.

At the world girlfriend, there was a flush to her cheeks and took hold of Hiro as if she was going to be removed from his side. Her forehead was on his back as she thought of words that she could say so she could get out of the situation.

She looked around Hiro once she felt her cheeks die down and stared at the man who was Hiro’s father. She could certainly see that Hiro got a lot of his father in him. It made her slightly jealous she didn’t know who her father was but… When her mother got brought up Sapphire got even quieter and withdrawn as her face displayed a deep sadness.

“Nice to meet you,” She squeaked out. She wasn’t outgoing or even straightforward like her mother as shyness took her other. Once Sabishii had ignored Hiro’s skirting Sapphire began to cry. “Mother got really hurt in a fight with Dalanesca. She lost her body and now we don’t know if she’ll be alright.” Sapphire was an utter mess as she collapsed on the floor and finally left her grief to take her.

Sabishii Kouen

Character Info
Name: Sabishii Kouen
Alignment: LG
Race: Elemental humanoid
Class: Phoenix Knight
Silver: 155
Why was this girl so nervous?  Was she shy?  She reminded him of the way he used to be, years ago, before he developed his confidence.  Everything he was saying got her nervous.

"No need to be afraid of me, Miss Sapphire, I don't want to hurt anyone, I just figured I'd play a prank on my son," Sabishii said with a laugh.  "I used to be like you when I was younger, or even worse.  I went from shy and introverted to sad and depressed, due to a series of tragic events happening.  I lost people close to me.  It hurt, but then I discovered confidence, I became strong, and the rest started coming naturally."  Sabishii was happy, despite feeling some pain from losing his wife, having lost time being stuck in that prison world, losing most of his power as well, but he was going to build his strength back up and make something out of himself in this world.

But then Sapphire broke down and started to cry, explaining Angela lost her body in a fight with Dalanesca.  "Wait.  What?  She was hurt?"  Sabishii was dumbfounded.  He hit a sore nerve with Sapphire, and he didn't mean to.

Hiro put his arm arouind Sapphire to comfort her.  "Daaaaad!  I just got her to calm down too!  Lady Angela, she was hurt really badly.  Apparently Gods aren't completely invincible in this world.  They're immortal somewhat, but she used all her power as an Earth Mother to trap Lady Dalanesca, the Goddess of Death, Darkness, and so on, in her shrine with godly metal chains.  It took a lot out of her.  The two of us and Lady Angela's husband, Drae.  We all did some research and we think we found a way to preserve her soul.  Her body was destroyed.  We don't know what will happen, if we can find a way to bring her back."  Hiro sighed, looking down at the poor girl who was bawling her eyes out.

"Oh my Gods, I'm so sorry, Sapphire.  I-I had no idea that happened.  She's my friend too.  Do I have to go kick Dalanesca's ass?  Or is there something else I can do?  I know a lot about magic, metal, smithing, and enchanting.  Anything I can do to help, I will do.  Please, dry your tears.  I'm sure something can be done.  I have every confidence everything will be fine in the end.  I'm certain of it.  You have to be strong, please, your mother wouldn't want you be crying so much.  She wanted you to live, and be free to do as you please.  She protected the world with her body.  But nothing can destroy an indomitable soul.  I mean, look at me, and Hiro, we survived the end of our world.  We survived the Gods dying, the sky falling down, and I got the worst of it, I was kidnapped between worlds and put into a cage, for Gods know how long.  Hiro, he's a good b-no . . . he's a good man, he saved me.  When I thought it was impossible to be found, he found me, and set me free.  I'm eternally grateful to him."

"Dad . . ." Hiro was speechless.  Sabishii thought so highly of his son, he had to put it in words.

Sapphire

Character Info
Sapphire began to sniffle a bit as she started to wipe her eyes so she could start not to cry. Her blue eyes, the purest blue almost like the stone of her name stared up. She watched Hiro and Sabishii for a moment. “Mama wasn’t fighting back. She just wanted it to stop so she thought if she died it would stop.” So far she had been right. Dalanesca had stopped. “She made arrangements for everything before she did it.” She was trying to be strong as she talked about it.

She wiped her eyes and watched Sabishii almost in awe as he spoke of helping her mother. “N-o…” She said with a little bit of confusion. “Mama’s instructions were not to hold Dalanesca accountable for what she did. She wanted us to forgive her. Whatever Mama’s intentions were it looks like it worked.” She nodded as she stood up and took Hiro’s arm as if she needed it to stand. In truth, it made her feel better knowing he was right there.

She smiled when Hiro was speechless and nodded. “He is! He came when my mama asked him to. I didn’t even know he was there until she brought him in. I practically had to beg him to let me stay and help… but he stayed and helped with me. You have a good son!” Sapphire was sure of that as she held a firm grip on his arm.

She blushed a bit up at Sabishii and then she smiled at Hiro. “We were going to check out the libraries here. Hiro thought that would calm me down since I am training to be a scholar. Mama said this was the best place to go for knowledge. Also, we’ll be here until we hear word about what’s going on.” Sapphire was slowly opening up as her blush lessened and she could actually look Sabishii in the eyes when talking to him.

She thought for a minute and stared at Hiro. "And it's not that I lack confidence. I just live quietly and often by myself in the library back home. I'm not used to people." She felt the need to correct Sabishii. "I met Hiro when I was being defiant and left the Gardens after my mother told me not to. Hiro took me home!"

Sabishii Kouen

Character Info
Name: Sabishii Kouen
Alignment: LG
Race: Elemental humanoid
Class: Phoenix Knight
Silver: 155
Sabishii fell silent, he pondered over what Sapphire and Hiro told him about Angela's death.  Dalanesca attacked her, but in the end, Angela did not fight back, she let Dalanesca kill her, to take out some kind of intense rage out on her.  Sapphire also said Angela wished no one to take out their anger on Dalanesca, not to try and punish her.  He noted the way Sapphire was clinging to Hiro.  She seemed strengthened by his presence.  He had no idea that Hiro would potentially grow up to be a lady's man.  But he didn't seem to be a heart breaker, thankfully.

"I see, well, I guess it's better to abide to Angela's wishes.  But why did Dalanesca wish to kill Angela in the first place?  I missed this whole feud, I wish I was around to help."  He lost a friend, and he wasn't even there to witness it or help in anyway.  It felt terrible be unable to help Angela during this whole thing, to not at least be there for her.

"Dad, Lady Dalanesca, she lost a child.  She was once Goddess of Judgment, but when she lost her child, became Darkness and Death.  She lashed out at Lady Angela, and it caused terrible repercussions on the world.  People weren't dying, and damage was done to the planet.  I haven't seen anything like it since . . . since the day our world ended.  Fire from the sky.  It was truly scary.  But it's done and over with, hopefully Lady Dalanesca will find some kind of peace.  Lady Angela died for us, and for Lady Dalanesca's sins."  The conversation had turned grim.  Sapphire was sad about losing her mother.  He didn't blame her.

"Thank you, son.  I'll just have to visit the shrine and pay my respects to Lady Angela some time.  She was a great woman."

Back to the conversation about his son.  Sapphire seemed somewhat enamored by Hiro.  Or maybe she hadn't realized it yet, maybe Hiro hadn't either.  It reminded him of perhaps how he was way back in his own troubled youth.  Sabishii recalled a time he was very nervous and insecure with himself, he was depressed.  He found a woman who emboldened him.  Despite the relationship turning sour, he came out stronger for it.

"Well, the more you're around people, the better you become at dealing with them.  I was once like you, nervous around people, I was depressed, and I found a light in another person.  It helped me break out of the funk I was in.  I came out of my shell, and became stronger.  Even though the relationship did not work out in the end, I still owe the man I am today to her.  if my boy makes you happy, and gives you strength, I'm all for it.  You've found yourself a beautiful girl.  Make her happy."

"Uh, Dad, I don't, I mean, I uh, umm.  You're embarrassing me!  You're making me blush!" Hiro himself, seemed unsure of what direction he wanted to go in with whatever relationship he had with Sapphire.  Sabishii could understand that.

"Don't sweat the details, kid.  Don't rush things, take it nice and slow.  Both of you.  You're still kids.  Have fun.  Don't be in a rush to grow up."  Sabishii patted his son on the shoulder.  "I should probably leave you two lovebirds alone for now," he laughed.  "Take care of him, Sapphire.  Take care of each other.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.  I'll see you around.  I gotta get on the road again.  I can't take over your room, now can I?  Hah!"  Sabishii walked to the door, bowed, and make his exit, leaving behind the key he was given by the innkeeper.

Sapphire

Character Info
Sapphire spoke up to finish the story. “Well, it gets a little bit more complicated. Mother was taking care of Dalanesca’s pregnancy during that time. She said everything was alright and something happened that my mother had to leave and not see how Katja, the baby, was doing. During that time was when Dalanesca lost her and my mother wasn’t around. 

Sapphire was bright red by the time that Sabishii was done being honest about the situation between her and Hiro. She was almost staring off into space almost begging for someone to kill her. She barely heard Hiro yelling that Sabishii was embarrassing him.

Timedeath had aged Sapphire a little bit but it wasn’t an outrageous amount that didn’t let her be a kid. She had large goals and she couldn’t lose that time but Hiro was distracting, she liked it. “Sure, I’ll take care of him.” She barely let the words come out of her mouth. When Sabishii had finally left she fell back down to her knees on the floor panting.

“Your father is an interesting creature. I thought I was going to die from embarrassment. How do you live with him?” She blinked up at Hiro. Her face was as red as Angela’s hair now. “Not that he isn’t telling the truth but I would have liked to have said it myself.” She was stuttering and panicking as she got back up and faced Hiro. Her fingers were twitching and fiddling with each other and then her long hair. “I mean… how do you feel?”

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
His father had left the room, Hiro closed the door behind him.  Hiro wiped his brow and looked at Sapphire, who seemed to be staring off into space, overwhelmed by the whole experience that was his father.

"Whew, that was a thing!" he said to break the silence.  She finally spoke, wondering how he lived with his father.  "Well, I'd much rather him be proud of me than angry or disappointed in me.  He's a good man, even if a tad over zealous."  He laughed a bit, though the laughter stopped when she said she'd rather have said things that he said herself.  He went silent, and he started feeling nervous all over again.  She wanted to know what he felt.  "How I feel?  About . . . about you?  I uh, umm . . ." he felt his palms sweating.  His mouth was dry.  Did he need a way out?  A way to escape out of having to admit something he wasn't sure if he was ready to admit yet?  How could he phrase what he was feeling about her, without being too strong, or not strong enough?

What would his father do?  Why was he asking this question again at a time like this?

"Kiss the girl!"  The words came out into his head, in his father's voice, but she was staring at him as if she didn't hear a thing.  Did he just imagine his father's voice?  Was he going crazy?

Hiro took a deep breath and released it.  Calming down at last.  He approached Sapphire, placed a hand on her shoulder, his other hand tilted her head toward his, he closed his eyes, and let their lips meet.

Down the hallway outside the room, a whistling song could be heard out just out of reach of the ears of Hiro and Sapphire.

Sapphire

Character Info
It was quite awkward she thought. However, a light laugh left her lips as she watched Hiro. “He reminds me of how direct Mom can be when it comes to meddling in other people’s affairs.” She was still concerned about what they were going to do with each other. They were young but often times she didn’t feel as young as she was. Sapphire was quite mature at times probably due to the noble bloodlines that ran through her. 

The half-elf blushed just a bit as he tilted her face up and kissed her. Well that was most certainly an answer. Not one that she had expected but still… she returned his kiss just as gentle as he had given it to her. It lingered for a long moment before she pulled away and put her forehead to his. Her blue eyes were even more like sapphires very close up. They were almost drilling into him as she pulled his hand down and held it gently because her small hands. As an elf she was already much smaller in size than Hiro was but her hands were also feminine and delicate. They didn’t know harsh work only book work so they were soft. Aside from the tiny paper cuts that lined the tops of her finger tips her whole hand was soft and even.

She offered him a smile when he had finally opened his eyes to her. Not knowing entirely what to say she started to laugh. “Here I thought you only kissed Trulde.” Torn and Keira had teased Sapphire endlessly about Hiro. Not that Torn had ever been completely loyal to Keira but it seemed like a jest she had to make. Sapphire didn’t know if he knew that she knew about his adventures with Torn’s valkyrie but from the blush on her face it was clear just exactly how much was told to her.

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
The kiss lingered before she pulled away and placed her forehead to his, staring at him with her beautiful blue eyes, as Hiro stared at her with his own deep blue eyes.  He saw the elven features in her face, the ears, the youthful appearance.  She was beautiful.  Her hands were soft too.  She only handled books, not hard labor or a sword.  Hiro's hands were the opposite, they were rough from a near lifetime of combat and handling weapons.  He smiled back at Sapphire.  She was wonderful.

Then she spoke of the Valkyrie Trulde, whom he was involved with after winning Lord Torn's Warrior's Gauntlet.  Hiro found himself blushing profusely.  It took him a few moments to recollect himself and explain his thoughts on the manner.

"Ahh, I guess that cat's out of the bag, Lord Torn and Lady Keira told you about her?  That was . . . a learning experience, or I don't know.  It was a fling.  I liked her, but she was just someone to learn from, she explained that she could never 'belong' to me or anyone else, something like that.  Or maybe she just said that because she wanted me to find someone on my own.  An actual mortal person, and not a Valkyrie.  It was fun, but if she were here now, I wouldn't settle down with her if that was an option.  What I'm trying to say is, you are someone I would settle down with.  You're beautiful, smart, I mean, really smart.  Brains are sexy!  And you're so kind, too.  You don't have a mean bone in your body.  I don't know how you could like a brute like me, haha!"  Hiro laughed at the end.  "Not sure how you haven't fallen for some older man, like an aristocrat or a prince.  I'm just a lowly young warrior."