Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > KeeXeyn's long(ish) list of general suggestions
Carliah

Character Info
Name: Carliah Zara Everani
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Pirate
Silver: 316
1: As a european, I was almost discouraged from registering to the site simply because the registration form used a date format I didn't think of. Not saying change the format, but in the "date of birth" section you'd do well to show "YYYY-MM-DD" to clarify, so europeans arn't completely bewildered when they try to sign up. (Seriously, I had to google which format to use)

2: Barbarian starter pack! With some ragged clothes, a two-handed weapon, and a low-tier druidic spell (maybe).

3: Gender-specific clothes in the starter packs (an option for women to get skirts instead of trousers, for example)

4: As it stands, it's impossible to be logged on to more than one account at any given time without resorting to using different browsers. At least, it's far from simple. That ought to be remedied.

5: Flair items for the morbid. Necromancers need to accessorize too!

6: This is a tall order - but making it possible to have several profiles on the same account (and letting you choose which profile you post as when you post) would make having several characters far more managable and convenient.

7: Wiki page - "lore for dummies", an introduction to the very basic aspects of lore (calendar, dieties, rundown of recent events) to give us newbies an easy-to-access, no-need-to-look-for-ages-to-find-that-really-obvious-thing entry point.

8: The ability to buy certain items in bulk would be cool. For example, if you want to purchase several horses, or multiple instances of the same flair item.

9: If you've said A, you might as well finish the alphabet - a naginata should be added as a weapon.

10: A no-dachi might also be cool.

11: Ninjato. Don't forget the ninjato.

12: Kunai?

13: I'm out of japanese-style weapons. Off to china! Chu-ko-nu and changdao swords. Yeaaaaaah.

14: Aztecs! Obsidian swords. Atlatl. You get the gist.

15: Exotic killing tools! Daggertails, blowguns, slings (not exotic but funny-lookin'), chakram, flails, and so forth.

16: Remember to use protection, kids! Square shields, tower shields, samurai armour, chainmail coifs, animal skins, the possibilities are endless.

I'm all out for now. Please, whichever admins that may read this, I do not expect any of this to happen overnight. Some I don't expect at all. But, there you go - my personal thoughts thus far.

- Carliah is ambidexterous, making her capable of effective dual-wielding. Other implications will be left unsaid.
- Carliah is not to be trusted. Like, at all.
- Seriously, guys. Carliah will fall in love, pledge everlasting loyalty and mean it, then sell the person in question out for a fancy new corset. DON'T. TRUST. HER.
- Theme Song: Shishi no Hoshi Rei
- Voice Actor: Susan Eisenberg (Ashelin)
- I am KeeXeyn.
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Much of these may take messing with the coding (The DOB, gender specific clothes, buying items in bulk and the barbarian starter pack (if it is considered) comes to mind. The addition of more weapons could be a possibility in the future, but for the time being we are trying to keep the number of regular items from blowing up even more, but I think someone from the item committee can answer that better than me at the moment. One that definitely stands out that I don't see happening is #6, solely because that contradicts this rule Another is #4, which may prove difficult to do, if at all.  

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Carliah

Character Info
Then might I suggest adding expensive items called "exotic nonmagical weapon" or something? You'll have to earn it, but you're given artistic lisence as to how your character is exotic in their weapons/armour choices.

- Carliah is ambidexterous, making her capable of effective dual-wielding. Other implications will be left unsaid.
- Seriously, guys. Carliah will fall in love, pledge everlasting loyalty and mean it, then sell the person in question out for a fancy new corset. DON'T. TRUST. HER.
- I am KeeXeyn.
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Well we kinda have the whole array of exotic nonmagical weapons going on already like the Endapano Longbow and the Highland Claymore.

As for the artistic license part, may I ask what do you mean by that? Like giving it an unique look in your Rps? A background story behind it/ how one obtained it? That sort of thing?

EDIT- Btw, more necromancer items would be pretty cool!

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Carliah

Character Info
I'm thinking that, until more specific exotics are in place, you can make placeholder items for people to buy - for example: A character wants to play as the user of, say, an atlatl (a device for throwing javelins stupidly far which requires some skill). But of course, there is no "atlatl" weapon. What if that player could buy an "exotic nonmagic ranged weapon" instead, for like 700 silver or so - then RP said exotic weapon to be the atlatl?

- I am KeeXeyn.
Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
If you wanted to have a javelin and throw it crazy far you would need to make a combination sub. Our main exotic items you will find are for events or will be special synth items, items that will take multiple things to create. We will never just have something called just a range item. It would leave up for to many issues where people may try to refuse to leave it as one type of weapon. 

For your idea, you could use a combination of a javelin in combination with agility and strength maybe (this is where my knowledge gets rocky) to throw it further. There is always a way to make something happen without needing an item for it. You could have the agility spell being just something that over time they gained physically. It doesn't actually have to be a spell you cost in a rp. 

As Nemesis said, we do one character per account because of our shops. It would be hard to make sure someone was rping the items with only the characters they were supposed to.

Alright, with the weapons. a naginata just seems like a type of spear. You can always have a spear and say it is that type. We try to keep our main items that people buy simple and broad. There is actually changes where we are removing items to bring a better uniform to everything. Also buying in bulk may one day happen but there not a lot of people screaming for it. You normally will not have enough gold to buy some stuff in bulk.

LAST THIS I PROMISE…

For the Necromancer crap, what kind of things do you think would be a benefit? I cannot tell you everything we are planning right now since we have a lot on the drawing board, but I would love ideas on what you would want to see. 

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
As for multiple accounts in one browser, I have revaliir.com and www.revaliir.com both always up, as they are different, and I can have 2 accounts logged in with one browser, if that helps at all.

Century

Character Info
Name: Mendean
Alignment: None
Race: Divine entity
Class: Lord of Chaos!
Silver: 2061
And being English, I feel your pain with the date format.

God Abilities:

Can warp reality around him, so that the environment will begin to resemble his dream-like realm.

May enter and manipulate the dreams of others.

You cannot know Mendean for who or what he is unless he allows it. Even your memories will be altered to disguise his identity, unless he does not wish it. Even his aura is too widely spread for you to see.
Carliah

Character Info
I can start by addressing the necromancer items. "Ominous spellbook", "Black wizard robes" (Normal wizard robes can be used there, however) and a "dominate spirit" (as in the creature type) might be good spells. In addition, revenant, wraith, and demon companions / troops might be an idea. Furthermore, chains, ritual dagger, skulls, shrunken heads, and foul potions might make for good accessories. Personally, when I play necromancers, I tend to dress them in a plagedoctor's garb (the one with the beaked plague mask, like the doctors in AC2) for the added "I mess around with diseases" flair.

@moliira I will try that, thanks.

@Rhea I was more thinking about some kind of solution for players who might wanna RP as some slightly obscure, unmentioned ethnicity, like the Aztecs. The atlatl was the best example of such a cultural quirk I could come up with. But if I could justify the added range through other means (like the spells you mentioned) I suppose I could chalk it down to an exotic item, and just not use the spells to any other end. If that's the case, you might want to clarify this under the items section of the wiki, so players don't feel subject to limitations they don't actually have.

To conclude, these are issues I bring up as a newbie, so if there's a solution to some or many of the issues I have posted, it's because the solution is somewhat obscure. Clarification about do's and don't's are important, if you want newbies to stay around. I stay primarily because I am stubborn, and I see a great, dazzling future for this site (refer to KeeXeyn's list of nicknames - I am psychic)

- I am KeeXeyn.
Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
Hmm, from what I seen a lot of the items you are speaking of could easily just be something we already offer but labeled dark in nature. I will bring it up to the rest of the committee to see what everyone things. As for guide for newbie's, we do have one in our wiki that talks a little about spells and items. You can find it here! I have no problem working up a guide on how the items and shop works if it will help others. Thank you for the feedback there!

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-