Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > Site Design: Feedback Requested!
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
I'm looking for members to offer feedback (good and bad) regarding Revaliir's design. The layout of the forums or shops, the colour scheme, anything and everything; if you have thoughts, I want them!

If you have criticism to offer, I'd appreciate it if it could be kept constructive, and bonus points if you have suggestions for how we might fix the things you dislike. Also mention how you're using the site (computer, phone, tablet, etc). If you have special accessibility-related needs (ie, poor vision or colour-blindness) that make it harder for you to use Rev, that information is valuable, too. You can post your feedback here, or PM me.

Ultimately, we plan to change the design of Revaliir to fix issues that you, our lovely members, identify. So, tell us what you like and what you don't like, and we'll take that into consideration in our redesign!

OOC: Jenna
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
My mode of access: Computer

The good:
-color scheme
-shop design
-lore
-items
-lack of leveling system, even if that won't always be so(I feel this creates more of a level playing field if levels can't be used to say one character is more powerful than another.)

The bad[I'm sure many of these have already been suggested, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate.]:
-The silver payout for posts feels lacking past the 1 month boost. I get around 30ish silver for a 400 word post, and I notice quite a few people who don't even get that high in their word count. Considering how a lot of useful stuff like spells and weapons cost much more, I'd suggest adjusting the silver drop rate to have either more of a bell curve - where silver drop rates peak at a middle ground word count - or an increased slope. The month long boost could be adjusted lower to make up for whichever increase is made, so as to maintain intended ratios.
-The PM system needs to be more out in the open, preferably with its own tab instead of being hidden under the username. It doesn't feel intuitive to me, at all, to assume that my inbox will be under a list of commands in my username. Pop-ups of some kind when we first sign in that notify us of PMs would also be helpful.
-Please add a way for us to remove threads from our watch list. We need this desperately.
-Please add a confirmation message when we purchase stuff from the shop so we know that we actually got it.
-Please add a way to sort the inventory, or, at least, a way to simply view icons without detailed descriptions so we don't have to scroll through all sorts of stuff to see if we have something or not.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
Sorry, to clarify: we're looking at changing the site design (layout, colour scheme, etc), and so I am specifically looking for feedback about that. Things like silver payout, adding features/functions, and and lore aren't really what I'm after here (which is not to say that those suggestions are unwelcome, I'm just trying to keep this topic more focused on layout).

If it can be changed with HTML and CSS, then it's relevant to this discussion. Otherwise, you're more than welcome to start a new topic with other suggestions not related to site design.

OOC: Jenna
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
In that case, color scheme and layout are fine. I have no suggestions.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Violet

Character Info
Name: Violet Mentis
Class: Cleric - Apothecary
Silver: 129
I gave you most of my thoughts privately, but I still want to extend the offer of help if you still need it in the future. Just let me know. :)

(This is Menti)