Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > Question about inventory items
shanrafire_

Character Info
Name: Faylen Valleth
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Silver: 556
Hi all, quick question. I'm not understanding the point of the inventory items. I have quite a few items and obviously understand the clothes and weapons and what not. So I suppose what I'm trying to get is the spells and the crafting items? How are these used? 

The hunt is the best part of the game, the kill just means you won
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
1. Purchasing a spell is like learning that spell for your character. After you buy a spell, you can have your character cast them any number of times so long as you're mindful of powerplaying and gmode limitations. (I.e. You may cast fireball 30x or more before getting tired as a mage, but you're not going to do anything close to that when casting epic spells, the ones that cost 1000 silver)

2. Crafting items are mainly just additional ingredients to be used in one of two shops: Karma's Baubles or Theodore Thruxa's Forge
You'll see on item descriptions in those stores that they require certain items to craft in addition to silver. This is built into the system where you won't be able to purchase an item unless you have the right materials. Once you have the required silver and items, you can purchase a synth or alchemy item and the ingredients will be removed from your inventory before being replaced by your new shiny. The end items from crafting and alchemy are meant to be more powerful than most normal items you would get simply with silver, so that's why they're a challenge to get.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
shanrafire_

Character Info
Name: Faylen Valleth
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Silver: 556
I understand now, thank you so much!! 

The hunt is the best part of the game, the kill just means you won
CodeAni