Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > I'm new, Help?
Coivaqile

Character Info
Name: Coivaqile
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragon (Can turn into a human)
Class:
Silver: 2444
Hi, I've done roleplaying on another site, so I know the basics of actually writing it.  But I've never been on a site like this where the entire site is one giant world.  I don't understand how to actually start roleplaying.  And what are the journals?  And what if your character is in a certain location and wants to go to another place?  I think my main problem is I don't know how to use this site.  Can someone explain it to me?

Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Hey Coivaqile! Welcome to Revaliir. I'm Ellie.

The best way to get started roleplaying is by looking for a partner, either in the Tavern Hall or the Greenhorns' Guild, the latter of which I see you've found. One of you can then set up a thread in the area you decide you want to start. 

The journals are basically just roleplaying from your character's perspective. You have no partner, you just write the story of your character. Often, it is used to write about character changes, or to give a basic story of your character.

You can be in any place you want at any time! There are no rules about how your character must travel, or where you have to stay. You can even have several threads running at the same time if you want.

If I've been unclear on anything, or you have more questions, you can post them here or message me or one of the admins.

Coivaqile

Character Info
Name: Coivaqile
Race: Dragon (Can turn into a human)
Class:
Silver: 2444

Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Race: Human