Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221

[Event Info - Tldr Version]

Powerful energies emanated from the heart of Menomori as the wards placed long ago lost their strength. The boundary between the world of spirits and the world of mortals had grown thin, disappearing in some places. The weakened portions were small at first and continued to hold the border. But with time, the holes widened and grew, and bit by bit creatures began to trickle out. When the deities of Darkness and Light were at odds, the divine energies that surged wildly in Kujishoku bolstered the barriers briefly. But when that influx of power left as rapidly as it had come, the wards finally began to fail.

Deep within the bamboo forest, charms and talismans linked by ropes and cords dangle about, hastily tied into haphazard garlands. A cloaked lone figure stands before the edge of the realms, frantically working to mend the frayed attempt to hold the spirit realm's denizens in. "You will hold, you must hold. Just a little longer, just a little more time–" Fingers tying corded talismans into knots, broken and new talismans littered the ground around the Overseer of Luck. Skittering creatures with many eyes and legs breached the waning wards, only to be caught by limbs formed of shadow and forcibly thrown back in. It was all barely holding together, just ready to fall apart.

The shift had not gone unnoticed by one of the responsible parties. Silent feet moved expertly through Menomori, pausing only when they came upon the fast working deity. Guilt formed in Naota's chest as he watched her before softly calling out, "Shiloh," he chanced coming closer, eyes cautiously moving to the fragmented barrier. Everything started to click together as he watched the inhabitants of the spirit realm coaxing their way out. For weeks Revaliir had undergone many changes, leaving this pair with a piqued curiosity. Shiloh was working hard, quick as usual with deftness despite her rapid movements. Naota, on the other hand, was all too calm. "This won't be fixed with talismans and charms alone," he stated, coming to stand next to her.

"I need more time." Shiloh muttered. Catching a writhing centipede spirit, she flung it back across the wavering border. Without turning to look at the other deity, she continued. "They're almost ready–we've spent months preparing the new wards. I had someone do research on what was keeping the boundary between Kujishoku and Menomori. When you moved to Canelux, they were already failing. I started noticing when strange phenomena began occurring in Ataiyo." The hood of her cloak had fallen off in her haste, revealing familiar tendrils of inky blackness now spreading up the left side of her neck. Constant vigil of the weakened borders had worn her down."They keep coming. Their numbers have increased exponentially in the past weeks after several powerful beings broke through and escaped. If they aren't taken care of, it'll only get worse from here."

Turning to look at Naota, she gave him a quick summary of what she had learned following the breach in Menomori. Reports from her information network identified eight regions across Parvpora majorly affected by the spirits which tore through the severely weakened wards. Baltil's mining was almost at a standstill, many tree-dwelling animals were disappearing in the Haza, trade routes on the eastern side of Abed had become impacted, Hoja Mesto was suffering from a wide-spread epidemic of nightmares while Komiteia was steeped in an abnormal euphoria, ships were no longer able to pass by Tyr as something on the island was bent on sinking any vessel in sight, and murders were piling up in Jayou with each passing day.

The younger deity rubbed her face with a hand, sighing. "When was the last time I slept again? Last… month? I don't remember." She must have been exhausted –because she didn't immediately refuse the offer. "Taking measures is an understatement. I can't be everywhere at once. What do you have in mind?" He gaped at her, his eyes wide enough to cast a soft glow on her cheeks, "A month, Shiloh?" At this rate she'd be lucky if there was enough left of her other than the gradually consuming silhouette. What could be done? How would they be able to make sure she'd be well enough to help, but not at the risk of her life? Death didn't come easily to a deity, but neither would want to test that.

Shiloh waved a hand dismissively when he gasped at her sleep deprivation. He didn't know that insomnia was a habit, and didn't want to give more reason for concern. "…As long as it doesn't involve some brackish mystery liquid, I'll think about it." A wry twitch from the corner of her mouth, and she nodded. "I trust you aren't going to do what I'd do–knock myself out for a few hours of unconsciousness." Part of her was curious as to what he was planning. She wasn't exactly familiar with the rest of the Conclave. His eyes glinted mischievously, but he fought to keep from smiling too much as his eyes drifted towards the barrier. Now or never, he thought to himself before saying, "Not exactly." 

A gentle smirk flitted across his face, "I have an idea, I'm not sure you'll like it though." He moved both hands to her shoulders in an attempt to pull her away from the boundary and put her focus on him. "It might be drastic, but you're in need of rest and well..I am the God of Dreams," he bit the edge of his bottom lip, worrying it before the smile was back, "Do you trust me?"

With that he looked back at her and quickly pushed one hand against the center of her chest. His other kept a grip on her shoulder, anticipating any shock she might have had to pull back. Swirls of crystal quickly encased her body, feathering out from beneath his splayed fingers in deep hues of amethyst. Just before the seal could be done, his hand on her shoulder gripped tighter, and pulled a secondary Shiloh out: her consciousness. "Steady," he warned in as gentle a tone as he could muster. "What the-" Shiloh immediately began resisting when she was being encased, which stopped once she was fully enveloped. In front of them was her body: eyes gently closed, darkness contained within her temporary crystal case. 

He moved his hands to his hips and eyed it with an appraising whistle, "Not too bad right? You like nice and comfortable in there." He gave the front of it an appreciative tap of his knuckles and looked over to the now transparent Shiloh. "That could have been way worse," he admitted, eyebrows raising before looking back to her encased body, "Good thing it worked though, yes? Your negativity will stay in there with your body, but your consciousness can travel around." He smirked, proud of himself but also glad that his friend was all right, "Ah…One catch though? You're technically going between the waking and dream realm right now so," he reached out, passing his hand straight through her middle, "No touching I'm afraid." He offered an apologetic smile. 

After Naota had pulled her consciousness out of her body, she continued right where she had left off. "What's going on? What did you just do?" Turning around she saw her own body, inside a crystal. "WHY AM I LOOKING AT MYSELF WITHOUT A MIRROR?!" Her ethereal state was still loud as ever, and she was almost about to shake him like a ragdoll when she proceeded to phase through him. "….How is this supposed to solve the problem?" She glared, pointing at the barrier.

Naota laughed, unable to hide his amusement with his fellow deity, while simultaneously being relieved that her soul was safe and feisty as ever. His eyes softened, their emerald shining brighter as he looked at Shiloh's sleeping body. He gently ran his fingers along the case, proud of his work, but troubled that this had to be done for her in the first place, "Your body needs to rest Shiloh, and the darkness around you…" he shook his head, finding another smile to wear before tapping his fingers on the crystal. Shiloh's body disappeared in a silent flash of rainbow light, leaving her soul and Naota standing alone outside the barrier.

His eyes stayed on the spot where she'd been, "You're back in my temple, don't worry. Nothing can touch you where I've got you." He looked over at her now, "It won't fix our little barrier problem, but," his eyes drifted up to the scarred divide, "You'd be surprised how much work you can get done when you aren't restricted by a physical form." He sighed, "For now though," he continued, offering a smile he hoped was reassuring, "We have a lot of work ahead of us. And with you being suspended between the dream world and the physical, think of everything you can accomplish that others can't." 

Covering her face with her hands, she groaned. None of this was what she had in mind. "I'm going to have one mess of a headache when 'I' wake up." Crossing her arms, she looked back at the boundary. "Now that nobody is keeping watch, I'll need to switch tactics to the offensive. We're going to need manpower–lots of it. Informing people is easy, but what they need is a motivator to make them take action. People are most productive at something when they are happy to do it… And I can't convince them myself." The storm deity asked, giving Naota a sly glance. "…How do you feel about subliminal coercion?" A corner of Naota's lips slowly tugged up in a light smirk before flicking his eyes back down to hers, "Well, they don't call me the 'Dream Weaver' for no reason."

Shortly after, mysterious bounty posters began appearing in every tavern and square across the continents. No matter how many times they were removed, another would reappear in its place. These posters depicted descriptions of fantastical beasts and monsters, promising enticing rewards. The parchments themselves were enchanted to rearrange their wording to what would convince the reader the most. Those who chose to take the offers would be granted a rare boon from the Overseer of Luck, though what kind of boon was never explained. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Event Objectives:

Hunt down the monsters that are plaguing specific locations in Parvpora while the deities restore the barrier separating the mortal world from the spirit realm! With each post, the barrier’s energy will increase. When the barrier’s restoration is complete, the mass influx of creatures will cease and Kujishoku will be stable once more.

Event Locations:

These areas drop event synth ingredients! The name of the monsters harassing one of the eight regions is listed beside their location.

Baltil – Tsuchigumo:

There are few things that deter the hardy miners of the Zujiuchu Mountains save for dragons, but something has been causing disappearances in the underground tunnels. Following the completion of a new mineshaft, progress has slowed to a halt as more and more dwarves go missing day by day. Miners retreated to the old tunnels to continue work, while others believe that they had dug too deep into the mountain. When search parties were sent to find those who went missing, they found no traces or tracks to where they could have gone. Some think they were spirited away, meanwhile others have felt uneasiness in the caverns like they are being watched. Entering the caverns has become off-limits to those who aren’t travelling in a group, and many shafts have been blocked off for safety. Mining progress has slowed to a crawl with abductions in the tunnels spreading to older mineshafts as well.

Jayou – Harionna:

A dangerous pressure has fallen over the river city of Jayou. Over the past few weeks, young capable men have gone missing with no clues left behind to aid in finding their whereabouts. With a recent string of gruesome murders, the authorities have identified several of the bodies matching the numerous missing persons reports flooding in.Locals and tourists alike have been warned to travel in groups at night, and to keep away from strangers until the perpetrator of these crimes has been rooted out. While so far men have been the only victims, women are being cautioned as well. Jayou’s nightlife has been hard hit, as rumors of a serial killer stalking the streets are widespread.

Haza Savanna – Jubokko:

The usually relatively peaceful savanna has become akin to a lion’s den as of late. The animals usually feared as hunters seem to have become the hunted: no longer residing proudly in their trees to pounce on unsuspecting victims. On the contrary, many of these tree dwelling animals have started to peter out in population, leading the migrating peoples to speculate as to whether there is a sickness spreading in the area.While the grasses and most vegetation seem to be healthy, all manner of animals are becoming wary of the trees. As there are no longer any animals residing in them, the usual sort now resorting to sleeping on the ground. Quite strange behavior indeed. The trees themselves seem healthy enough for the most part, though some are said to have roots much thicker than usual, and so bleached by the sun that they resemble bones…Those brave enough to come closer have stated that there are in fact bones at the base of the trunks, but as the animals are no longer sleeping in their boughs, people are dismissing this as made up stories to keep the young children in at night.

Hoja Mesto – Nue:

Black storm clouds have been hanging over the wandering city of Hoja Mesto, as if it were following its movements. Reports of shifts and movement within the storm have flooded the gossiping streets, though skeptics believe it only to be lightning. Along with this strange phenomenon is an epidemic of nightmares plaguing the citizens that reside therein. Their fitful sleep has led to headaches throughout the day and a slowdown of any production as more and more people are finding it harder to get a good night’s rest.Concerned guards and mages have been looking to the heavens for an answer as this all started with the formation of the clouds, and some claim to have seen a hideous chimera with the body of a tiger, snake for a tail, and a monkey’s head. Shortly after, the witnesses fell ill with their night terrors intensifying.

Komiteia – Baku:

The barrier around the contaminated grounds of Emiria has been stronger than usual. While the tendrils of the corruption usually pose a threat to those who venture too near, in the past few weeks there have been no reports of danger. Meanwhile, the citizens and visitors in Komiteia have experienced some of the most pleasant nights' sleep in ages. So much so that there has been a spillover of those wishing to bask in the good nature that has come upon the halfing city. With the barrier around the corrupted remains of Verya being kept at bay, there has been further exploration nearby where people in the past were too fearful to attempt. While Hoja Mesto has been plagued by nightmares, Komiteia suffers the opposite—there are hardly any at all. This has created an intoxicating aura of euphoria within the city bounds which lowers one’s sense of danger.

Gaharee – Umibozu:

Reports of shipwrecks happening off the northeast of Abed have become abnormally common, particularly for ships sailing in from the direction of Nisshoki. The accumulating trade losses have grown to the point that an official investigation was commissioned by the Sultan to find the source of the problem, and a small fleet of ships was dispatched towards the area.Weeks passed without any response from the fleet, and they were never heard from again until recently, where a fisherman discovered floating pieces of wreckage washing in from the open ocean. Initially suspecting pirates, those beliefs were shattered when local deep-sea fishermen began disappearing as well.Even sailors are too afraid to sail out into the waters, and one lucky survivor who washed ashore was reduced to a gibbering wreck. When questioned, he kept saying that something had sank their vessel; something that rose out from the sea. The descriptions he gave were of a large looming entity whose presence was followed by a freak thunderstorm and monster waves. All ships have been warned against sailing between the eastern side of Abed and the western shores of Nisshoki.

Tyr – Gashadokuro:

Tyr has been infamous for being haunted by the dead, however things have begun to change in even stranger ways. Those brave enough to sail within sight of the accursed isle have reported an unnerving sight in the midnight hours, claiming that they saw the shape of a massive skeleton rising from the eerie green light. This skeletal phantom has tried to sink vessels passing by with chunks of rubble from the fallen city’s ruins or smashing those who have sailed too close with a giant bone for a club.Any signs of liches observed by outsiders have vanished, while an oppressive aura makes prolonged exploration near-impossible. Those who set foot on Tyr begin to experience a painful ringing in their ears that only grows worse as time passes. Any undead who enter Tyr become compelled to stay, drawn towards the center of the city where they are never seen again.

Kujishoku, the Spirit Realm – Kasha, Uwabami:

The Howling Plains and Ethereal City has been under attack from rampant beasts roaming through the Spirit Realm with wild abandon! Inhabitants are holed up in their residences keeping them at bay with whatever protective wards they can gather. Among these fearsome creatures are ravenous serpents larger than oxen who devour whoever the find, and monsters in the form of cats who steal away bodies of the recently deceased, leaving behind trails of spectral fire. Those who wish to venture into the Kujishoku, beware–your first step very well may be your last. Those who perish within the realm will have their corpses stolen to never be found again.

Event Prizes:

Warding Talismans- Slips of paper with written incantations used by priests. They emit a holy aura that repels evil. Particularly effective against spectral beings and undead. This item has a max of 5 you can use per thread unless you roleplay buying more.

Yoyuki's Quiver- A magical quiver enchanted to never run out of arrows, replenishing its stock once all have been used. The arrows produced inflict temporary paralysis on targets. This quiver has a max of 15 arrows you can use per thread.

Bottled Shiranui - A willowisp captured in a bottle. When released it emits a phosphorescent glow and can multiply quickly. Unlike most light sources it does not consume fuel or release heat. Max of 10 wisps at a time per thread. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
With the barrier of the Spirit Realm now fully restored, the miasma of the escaped monsters and fantastical spirit-beasts have undergone purification. With their hold on the mortal realm weakened, the phantasmagorical beings which escaped Kujishoku are being drawn back in a final farewell through the boundary in a ghoulish procession. Hold fast and persevere, for the Night Parade has begun!

The third stretch goal is up and will last until the end of the event, 9/6/18 Thursday at 7 pm PST! If the goal is met, everyone who took part in Goal 3 will receive the final set of prizes for the event!

Her God Powers are:
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Event Conclusion:

The final rites in place, the boundary between the Spirit Realm and the world of mortals was strong once more. The tears had been sealed, damages were mended. When the barrier had been fully restored, the flow of the spectral energies pouring out of Kujishoku was reversed, drawing back all the phantoms and creatures that had escaped during the process of restoration. The rampant waves of spectral anomalies ceased as they all began to return in a massive ghoulish procession. This great movement of spirits and unearthly beings was called 'The Night Parade' by the fortunate mortals lucky enough to catch a glimpse of this rare sight.

Ascetic priests from Nisshoki began their rounds of purifying any places which still were held by phantasms, sending them back towards Menomori. The murders in Jayou ceased, and business was thriving in the river city once again. Baltil resumed mining operations with a touch more caution, having learned a hard lesson. Tyr was retaken back by the undead, no longer under the thrall of a greater spirit. Komiteia was returned to its senses as the euphoria faded, enforcing stricter security on those exploring near Emiria's borders. The Haza savannah was slowly healing as the animal populations were returning. The tribesmen began passing down stories of the blood-thirsty tree with red leaves to their children as a warning. Abed's trade crisis was over, however there were losses and damages that would be cleaned up with time. The sailors would never see that area of the Nyella the same way ever again, while many fishermen profited off selling what they salvaged from the flotsam. Hoja Mesto was able to sleep again at last. 

Peace came over the continent of Parvpora once again as Kujishoku was stabilized. The raging spirits and beasts were quelled, and the Shining City was safe. As for the Overseer of Luck, it was business as usual back at Antikythera. Reunited with her physical body, she was determined to work harder than ever–to the Dreamweaver's chagrin. And as for the boon she had promised…it had been granted for every individual who had heeded the bounty posters. Those who had taken part in chasing out the phantasms and spirit-beasts had their chances of survival and success ever-so-subtly raised during the endeavor. Everything was good and fine and dandy in the world again–at least until the next terrible disaster came along to ruin everything.

That concludes this event! A big thank you to everyone who participated and made this a huge success! We reached not one, but THREE stretch goals topping over 330000 points total on the counter! Stay tuned for the next Big Thing waiting around the corner!

Her God Powers are: