Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Business had been blooming as always as far as Nemesis was concerned. His connections outside the isle of Kurayo continued to grow with each new day passing. Of course, many of his establishments and associates seemed quite too legit, masking the interworkings of what their businesses were actually into. Drugs and weapons were far more profitable than one holier than thou would love to admit. One of his favorites spots being up in Jayou where a very prominent family allied with him. They have done great business together for quite a while and he knew of them on a more personal level. He knew of their highs and lows and it was when the last year that he learned that they'd hit their lowest point when the head of the family's daughter had lost both her mother and child, with the former to blame.

He was in his office when a bird tapped on his window with its beak. Right away he knew that it wasn't his avatar, but another shapeshifter that he would have watched over the gambling city. He opened the window, letting the avian in and soon it changed into a man that held similarities to Maalik, but appeared a bit younger. " 'Ello, boss", Crowe greeted with a smile. "Here's that report you were asking about!" With a wave of his hand, a stack of papers appeared in his hand and handed them over to Nemesis. Unlike his older counterpart, he was much juvenile. "Excellent. And what of the Desdemonas?"

"Oh, they are fine aside from the missus." Crowe wasted little time in falling back into the lavish couch and kicked his feet up while his master went through the papers to ensure that everything was in place. "She's still in bed. her injuries had all but healed but she refuses to anything. Her husband's been a wreck as well, lashing out at people for small things. Fortunately, he hadn't killed anyone yet." His head tilted slightly and inhaled. "Something's off, boss. I smell something new…" It took Nemesis a few moments before he remembered that he hadn't been around for the recent changes in his life. "I have married another woman and now there are more children afoot." Crowe had a cringe face on for a moment before he dropped the subject. "Well, you mind if I hang around for a bit? Flying all the way over here and island hopping can tire me out good." Nemesis waved him off and left the room. Sooner or later he would have to go see Angela, or more so that she would be here quite soon. She had a knack for showing up whenever and however she wished. Heading downstairs, he spotted Maalik. "We may have to go to Jayou soon. Young Lady Desdemona is still ill it seems. I'll speak to Angela about it when she arrives."

"Yes, it's been a year since that nasty event. And also, Lady Angela has just arrived", he pointed over to where she stood.

Like clockwork.

It used to bug him whenever she did it, but now he only found amusement when she came, expected or otherwise. "Darling, what you do know about healing the mind? I have a young woman that has been broken by her mother and robbed of her unborn child. Apparently one year ago, the woman went mad and decided to kill her daughter due to some curse as it were. It was killing off family member after family member. As to why she wanted her dead in particular is beyond me. But she's been stuck ever since."

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Raine came through the window on her own in bird form before she transformed. Her big rainbow eyes were staring at someone who looked just like Maalik. There was a head tilt and her leg came up as she thought about it. In her hands was a little bag of silk. “Nope, not him. HI MISTER STRANGER BYE MISTER STRANGER,” she ran out of the room looking for Maalik now. “MAALLIIKKK!” Raine was in a cute little dress with her hair in braids. Celeste and Angela had managed to get ahold of her to dress her up that morning and it hadn't gone to waste.

“Raine,” Angela was sighing as she was trying to catch her breath. She was down in the parlor as she slammed the doors open. “She just took off like a bat out of hell,” the goddess panted up to Maliik and Nemesis. “I forgot she’s never been in a grand library or laboratory before. I chased her here all the way from fucking Iria. Her portaling magic is faster than MINE.”

Raine came romping down the stairs and up to Maalik, “Look what I got to make for you!” She held it out and up. “I made it all by myself! It’s medicinal herbs! We went to Iria so we could borrow books so I could start to learn about healing since I’m going to have to watch the temple sometimes.” She seemed mighty pleased with herself as Angela stood up straight finally managing a good breath or two.

“Please Raine, don’t scare me like that.” Angela held a disappointed look on her face before chuckling. “We were there for hours she messed it up a lot but she finally got a few good batches out. That one is safe.” Raine was nodding furiously as she was proud of herself.

“I won’t scare you anymore~” Angela flashed her a look and Raine shrunk down. “I’ll try not to~”

“That’s better,” Angela pat her on the head and listened to Nemesis for a few moments. Her index finger came to her lips as she thought. “When you say young do you mean barely a woman? A young for a long-lived like Raine?” It seemed to have mattered and she waited until she got her answer.

“Problematic is what that is. There is a time before we are solid as people. When our emotions rule us and some of us don’t ever learn to control it. My sister Toya is a very good example of someone who gets mental healing. It’s painful but it’s doable. More than likely she is just very depressed and needs someone to relate to. More than that I have a treatment but like I said it would be painful. I would have to go in person though and it would be a good experience for Raine as well. Miscarriages are very common as you are aware. My church is hated for loss of life and we deal with attacks on the regular because of it. It’s not their fault. We all look for people to blame when the unthinkable happens. If I could see this girl I would feel much better about it all.”

Raine spoke up, “I get to travel?”

Angela looked over at her and let out a defeated sigh, “Yes, but please don’t runoff. Maalik? Could you take her into the market place and help her get stuff for traveling. She doesn’t own anything but the clothes she is wearing and what few things she’s managed to magpie.”

“I’m not a magpie…”

“No, I said you managed to magpie them not that you are a magpie love. There is a difference,” Angela chuckled a bit at Raine who was still learning a lot about the outside world. The goddess conjured a list of things for him to get. “Here is everything she will need. Also, she’s never been to a market before… and she magpies… so please keep an eye on her.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Crowe hung out for a bit in the office, lounging about when another bird seemed to fly inside the room. One eye open, he peeked and saw Raine stumble for a moment before she took off with a quick greeting and a quicker exit. "Maalik? Why the hell is she seeing that daft bastard?" He shrugged and leaned back to nap. Sounds like his "brother' was going to get a little surprise quite soon.

While Nemesis and Maalik discussed the situation with Angela, the shapeshifter spotting his friend racing down the stairs. He braced for impact as she came towards her, and luckily he didn't get ran over this time. He looked down and spotted what she had been so excited about showing him. "Good job", he spoke while petting her head. He wasn't too sure why she had gifted him these herbs but he wasn't going to turn it away. 

"In any case, yes and no", Nemesis interjected, "She's a half-elf, but she had just reached her twentieth year." He lifted his hand and darkness swirled around it until it came into her form. "The lady's suffered greatly from that fire her mother started. I believe they threw the woman out, though I'm surprised that the successor to the house hadn't killed her. The boy had quite the temper in his youth." He was sure that Angela could fix what was broken with the lady- while he mastered the psionic forces, healing wasn't his forte. He did wonder why she would allow Raine to travel with them as Maalik lead her outside to head to the market.

"Are you sure it's wise for her to come to Jayou? It might prove too dangerous for her while she's still new to the world. Not to mention that she'd be quite a prize to anyone that got their hands on her."

After a good while, Maalik returned exhausted with bags in his hands. "I fear that Raine needs a leash. She kept wandering around, looking at everything that was shiny. And then, I gave her some candy and she…" He would let her explain it once she came inside to show what chaos he had awoken because of his error of judgment. "Fortunately I was able to keep her from stealing anything, lest the merchants would of had a fit about it." 

Sighing, Nemesis waved it off, "We should travel normally to keep our identities secret. I'll have a ship ready for us shortly." 

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Thank you,” Raine said upwards to him with pride-filled eyes. She had been working hard to make strives to be able to handle becoming Avatar of Life and Love. It showed the brightest when she was working towards a goal that she thought would impress Maalik which amused Angela. The goddess was unsure if the phoenix even realized she was doing it.

Once everything was settled about Raine they found themselves listening to the circumstances involving the woman Angela would be treating. “…” Angela let out an audible sigh and grimace. Things that drove mothers to be monsters to their children pained the goddess. She was a being who loved all no matter their flaws and while she did move herself to hate very few people she still was affected by the actions of others. “Sometimes having to live with nothing is worse than being killed outright. Even torturing her wouldn’t have been as satisfying as knowing no one else would want her. Though I cannot say if those were the things that crossed his mind.”

Once Angela set Raine off to the markets she turned her green eyes up to her husband and shrugged. “She should be fine. I’ll be near her or Maalik will be. She needs to learn eventually and if someone managed to kidnap her I can act fast and it might just be the learning experience she needs. Raine has an understanding that what she is, is rare and valuable. I don’t think she would go off with a stranger nor would she let her guard down. You can’t tell but she stiffens just a bit in the outside world. She only relaxes when Maalik is with her and she feels safe. I have a good bit of confidence in her that this trip will be a good learning experience for her.” Angela offered up a smile to him. “So much of her life has been robbed at this point. I must let her wings stretch but keep a watchful eye on her.”

Once Raine was back Angela let out a hearty laugh as Maalik spoke. The phoenix came in with a bound as she had things in her own arms as well. From the way her foot raised and lowered she was hyper and Angela gave a smirk. “She’s never had sweets before. Most things are foreign to her and I would proceed with caution. As for a leash that shouldn’t be too hard, I would suggest holding her hand to keep others from thinking too much of it. She shouldn’t wander from you as long as you are doing that. Isn’t that right Raine?”

“I tried not to wander…” She got a sad look in her eyes but it was quickly ran over with excitement as she realized she was going to get on a ship.

Angela let out an audible groan. “If we must, we must.” The goddess waved her hand lightly before a portal opened and Anemone stepped out with a few luggage bags full of things. “Thank you Anemone.”

“I packed what you requested but wasn’t sure how long you planned your stay. I also packed your apothecary as you requested as well.”

“Excellent, that should be enough for the initial trip. Whatever I don’t have can be found in a market and if not… Well, I can always have you come to see me in secret,” Angela seemed pleased as she looked at the bags. “Now, we are noblewomen who will be traveling~” Anemone held a face of pity before the high priestess left the group not wanting to see poor Raine get tortured.

Angela’s eyes landed on Raine who had managed to put her new things next to Angela’s luggage. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Raine tilted her head before Celeste came out of nowhere and took Raine by the arms. “HELP!” The phoenix flailed but Angela had a smirk on her face as she waved at the boys. Angela took the other side of Raine and the women were off up the stairs. "MAAAALLIIIKKK," Raine cried down but she didn't understand the importance of what the women were about to do.

“So we must look like noble women~” Angela had suspected Celeste had overheard as this was one of their favorite little past times they had found. After a few minutes of make-up and going through clothes Raine came back down and she looked rather beat at the torture.

“MAALIIK~” She whined lightly as she was careful in her new shoes as she pulled up on her skirts carefully as not to trip on them. She looked much more mature than her normal attire. Her long pink hair had been braided and pinned up on her head while a very nice and out of character dress was on her body compared to how the two women normally dressed the phoenix. “My face feels heavy,” she pouted up at the other avatar.

“You will be fine after you get used to it.” Angela had always changed and while she looked a bit toned down compared to her normal self her beauty still showed through. “You look more professional this way. You might even be able to go look at things in the river city this way unless someone sees your eyes for an extended period of time. You do remember what we discussed correct?”

“That people will kidnap me and chop me up or worse if I wander away~ I would sell for a nice sum and could buy an empire. I’m not allowed to stray away from Maalik or anyone else I’m with.” The phoenix recited it as if Angela had made her say it dozens of times before.

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Probably not”, he replied, “Edrahil probably talked him out of killing her right out. But you are right- there are worse things than death to suffer through.” But in any case, what happened to the ex-wife was no concern over him. This was much more a personal matter than a business one and he was sure that if anyone in the world could help the poor girl, it was his new wife. It hardly took any convincing to get her on board with the idea. All they had to do now was get packed up. “If you are certain. I suppose Jayou isn’t much more dangerous than Kurayo then.” He gave it some thought- Maalik would likely be in charge of her, and he knew of the area well enough to stray from anything that could present a problem. “Very well then. I suppose it can’t hurt for her to come.”

It wasn’t long before the pair returned and Nemesis just shook his head. Maalik held onto Raine as her disappointment turned swiftly into excitement over the trip. Angela, on the other, had been quite opposite and Nemesis took a few moments before realizing his folly. “At least we will not be riding across the seas in a mere boat. And the airship captain in mind is trustworthy; as in he will not suddenly launch us into the air without warning.” The vaewolf would be lying if he said that he wasn’t at least a bit amused in seeing a woman with such power and prowess deathly afraid of airships.

Her priestess came briefly with her wares and he went to have his own luggage prepared. Maalik looked from Angela and Raine and counted in his head how long it would take before the next stage of the preparations would happen. It didn’t take long as he shook his head, his face held by a hand as Raine called for him to save her as his mistresses dragged her away, This was a bizarre and at least in his own mind, a cruel ploy in that both women dressed her up and paraded her like a living doll. This wasn’t the first time anyone in the house had seen it, and it wouldn’t be the last, sadly. All he could do was give her a weak wave and wait at the stairs for the dress-up to be over.

When she returned, he couldn’t help but chuckle in earnest. “Unfortunately, this is what most noblewomen go through. Ever wonder why Angela prefers a natural look?” He bowed his head slightly when Angela returned in her wares. “Jayou is a beautiful city with plenty of games and excitement. But it also has an underbelly and is quite dangerous. You’d fetch a pretty coin at the markets, Raine. But Lady Angela is right- there’s no telling what they’d to do to you so we have to be on guard once there.”

Nemesis returned with his bags and dressed accordingly. “Maalik, inform the captain that we will be taking off soon.” He went on ahead and the God looked towards the two women and smiled in approval. “Excellent. A lovely pair of noblewomen you are.”

His smile soon faded as he turned and shouted, “IVAN!”

The ginger headed man peeked from the top of the stairs. “We are leaving for a bit and Celeste is in charge. Watch over the house and no trying to antagonize Yelena!”

“Aw, papa, you know I don’t antagonize her. I don’t antagonize anyone!”, he pleaded and his lord waited for a minute, knowing what was going to come out of the dote’s mouth, “Uh, what’s antagonize mean?”

“Don’t kill her!”

“Yes, sir.”

Nemesis sought out Celeste and kissed her farewell before the avatar returned and lead the group out the house and before long, they were at the port, boarding the private airship. Once the preparations were complete, the ship took off, and then they started on their destination.

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Just make sure I can get sick where people can’t watch,” Angela sighed a bit as she knew that she would spend most of the trip aboard the ship under duress. She wasn’t about to fight him but it was normal for people to get airsick so at least she had that going for her.

Once Raine was all dressed up she just stuck out her bottom lip at Maalik as he teased her. “I don’t like going through noblewoman things. It’s torture~” She heard the rules once more from Maalik and gave him a mighty nod. “As long as I’m with you I’ll be safe! So I’ll stick to you like honey!”

There was a thought above Angela’s head as she thought and before long she conjured two gold rings. “That is a good idea, Raine. A very, very good idea. It is improper for a woman like yourself to sleep with Maalik if you are unwed but if you were to pose as married~” There was a smile on her face as she slipped the rings on them. “There shouldn’t be anyone to bother Raine if they see the ring. Anyone who tries to after they see it probably has other motives. You both are married while we’re on this trip. It also means Raine can stay in your room with you. I would rather not leave her alone at night if I can help it.”

Raine looked excited. “I get to play Maalik’s wife?” Angela nodded and the phoenix got excited then stopped. “How does one be a wife?” Angela face palmed lightly.

“Maalik can help you figure it out. It’s best if I don’t tell you and you both figure it out. It will be more natural that way.”

Yelena leaned over the other side of the staircase with a look on her face. She knew that Ivan wasn’t going to kill her now but the last time he had a great idea he was the ghost next door. “Be safe Papa,” Yelena waved him off after he kissed Celeste.

“I’ll make sure Ivan doesn’t hurt her or get any bright ideas,” Celeste stroked the side of Nemesis’s face lightly. “We’ll be in good hands here.” Yelena nodded with Celeste and felt a bit better about the departure.

The days on the airship were miserable for Angela as she spent over half of it sick or taking medicine to hold her stomach. She swore she would be a permanent shade of green. Raine on the other hand was busy going up and down the deck feeling the wind and dragging Maalik with her. Newlyweds Angela told people and Raine certainly clung onto him and acted like it.

Managing to pull herself together just before they exited the airship Angela took a moment to look around the cityscape. She had never been to Jayou as she had avoided it thanks to Cassia. Luckily they were doing business with an underbelly family and Cassia would stay out of their way.

“Certainly feels very lively,” Angela chuckled as she looked over to Raine who was dragging Maalik over to look at all the lights. “Be careful Raine. We’ll have to go to their house now.”

Down below waiting for them was a large carriage big enough for all of them. Edrahil stepped out and took Nemesis’s hand. “I’m so glad you came. When I heard you could help Lora I told Ryker right away. As you can imagine he is skeptical. We’ve seen a lot of healers the past year to help her. Who are these lovely ladies and lad you brought with you?” He questioned as they loaded up into the carriage. “It’s just a short trot.”

After introductions, things seemed a bit quiet as they disappeared underground. Raine was up in her seat looking around. “We’re going underground Mister?” Raine’s eyes latched onto Edrahil and he chuckled.

“Yes, we live under the city. Have you never been to Jayou?”

Raine shook her head before Angela patted the seat for her to sit properly. Raine was careful as she sat back down and continued to look around having never been underground before in her life. Once to the Desdemona Manor Edrahil finally called for his son-in-law. “Lord Volkov has brought the healer that he promised with him for Lora. I thought that as her husband you would like to do some questioning of your own to feel comfortable with this.”

“I’m in no rush,” Angela was rather blunt but she shrugged her shoulders, “these things aren’t done in a day and I’ve seen this before. However, this hasn’t gone on as long as my other patient so Lady Loralei should make a decent recovery in the time we are here.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Maalik wasn't too sure what idea the mistress had up until she had created the two rings and placed them on both Raine and himself. While it was true that they were going in the disguise of nobility, he wasn't too sure if they had to go this far into the act. Then again, they would be seen in public so it quelled any sort of resistance on his part. Besides, Raine seemed to be plenty excited and he wasn't going to speak against it. He merely looked at the ring and then back at her. "Fair enough. I never spent a night in Jayou, so who knows how safe it actually is, especially the part that we are going to stay at. 

Marriage was only something he'd observed from his master and his wives. He supposes that it would be enough to help teach the two how to playhouse. Nemesis was sure that Celeste would handle the house well- it was that idiot Ivan that he was worried about. He knew how reckless his playing around could be and that Yelena would have to watch her back with him. Fortunately, with Reaver and Ayla about, that should minimize the amount of those encounters. "Make sure he doesn't blow up the house or make more escape tunnels", he whispered to the first wife before waving back at his foster daughter. 

The trip itself would have been more enjoyable had it not been for him underestimating Angela's sickness when it came to ships. At one point, he had made light of it in-between of her sick sessions by asking if she was pregnant. Her only response was a death stare shot in his direction before she fell ill again. Meanwhile, Maalik was too busy trying to keep up with the small woman as she moved constantly about the ship, asking tons of questions about it. The complete madness ceased only after they were about to reach the city. "You spoke of a child of yours here, did you not?", Nemesis asked as he peeked over to his wife. He did recall that there was one child that she didn't get involved with, and it struck his curiosity as to why. Of all the hundreds of children she bore, this one was apparently the worst. 

"Yes, the city gets even more so at night, where the games and entertainment are second to none."

Once the ship had landed and it was safe to depart, the group and their luggage were loaded into an awaiting carriage. Edrahil was already waiting for them and Nemesis shook his hand. "I can't blame the young man. Still, I can't believe you let the little firecracker marry your sweet girl", he chuckled. "But yes, this is my new wife, Angela. A very skilled healer with eons worth of studying and practice", he spoke highly, gesturing to her and then to Raine and Maalik. "He's my second-hand man and his wife, Raine. She is under Angela's tutorage. Everyone, this is Edrahil Desdemona, the head of the home we are about to go to." 

The carriage rode on and Maalik looked out the window in awe while he paid attention to the conversation at hand. Fortunately, Angela was there to remind Raine on how to keep her lady etiquette. Nemesis let out a quick chuckle as they arrived at the manor. 

Ryker had been waiting in the courtyard, watching the flowers that Loralei loved. It was a miracle that they hadn't burnt up in the inferno that her mother created a year ago. Still, they were the only reminders of her happiness that he was able to spot. Lora was in bed, like she had been ever since the incident, alone and depressed. His affections did nothing to improve her mood. Nothing did. Not anyone who had medical backgrounds of any sort could heal or even ease her pain. Hope was ever faint in him, even as Edrahil filled his ear with nonsense about Lord Volkov, and this miracle healer he claimed could help. When he heard the call, he reluctantly got up and came to see them. 

"Questions…right." Ryker looked dead inside the moment he came over and immediately his eyes laid onto Angela, "How do you plan to help her? I've seen plenty of people come and go that say they can cure her… Forgive my manners, but after so many times of disappointment, I'd rather not waste both of our time." She seemed well confident in herself, he could give her that much. Still, he was very wary about Volkov's offering even without knowing the whole tale about Loralei. "I can't do anything for her- not then when she was kidnapped. Not when she was tormented by that wretched one or when we lost our unborn child…" His eyes kept low on the ground, trying to fight the urge to cry; a battle he's fought for the past year but would lose whenever he was alone. "I want her to not feel this pain, this burden in her heart. She did nothing wrong, not at all."

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“Cassia,” Angela hissed softly. “She won’t step foot near us if she wants her businesses intact. The only thing that girl has ever cared about is her position in the world. Even going so far as to almost kill her siblings… She killed her father and his whole demon clan to absorb their powers. She’s strong but still young and that has made her reckless. She’ll stay away from us regardless because I can and will kill her if she tries anything. It’s my main reason for wanting to keep Maalik with Raine at all times. I don’t think she will attack Raine though not if we are your friend’s guests. Business and all that. She’s too smart to do so.”

Edrahil laughed a bit, “To be honest, I think he’s the only one who could handle her. She can be a little firecracker too if you push her too far. I just want to see that fire back in her again. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you.”

Angela bowed her head and elbowed Raine lightly, “Oh right~” Raine said in a whisper as she too bowed her head.

“It’s an honor to be able to help you. I do hope I bring the solution to what ails her,” Angela’s words brought a lot of hope but she was confident she could do this. Even if they were in Parvpora this was nothing she couldn’t handle. There had been worse in the past.

Once they got to the house Angela closed her eyes and mulled over everything Ryker asked her. “Healing is a facet of many things. Most who say they practice it don’t understand the basic principals of it. Can they heal? Of course but the journey the medicine or treatment takes is ultimately what matters. Trying to treat someone like you have treated someone else almost never works. However, in the past my sister who wasn’t much older than your wife lost her son. She had birthed him when she was fifteen and for us sons are incredibly rare. She loved him with all of her heart from the moment she felt him inside her. When Costel was born Toya was ecstatic and soon his sister followed. Her cord was wrapped around the babe’s neck and cut the life from her. This devastated Toya but not as much as when Costel got killed by hunters protecting his friend.”

There was a pause, “What your wife is going through is similar but she is taking a different path. My sister started to drink and we thought we lost her for good. Costel’s wife Estelle followed soon and died of a broken heart. Toya’s grandchildren who were very small were left to her and her husband had left her because he couldn’t handle how violent Toya was getting. It’s taken a long time to find something that works with Toya. Her current husband helps as well and finally, we’ve gotten her calm. I’m much wiser now than I was in my youth. I don’t let people suffer but for the hows.”

She reached down to some of the scorched earth. Her fingers touched the soil. “I’m simply going to do what I’ve always done,” the soil came alive and plants sprung forth from the rot that had been left from the fire. “I just need you to trust me. They call me many things here in Parvpora. The great sage. The legendary healer. Names and titles don’t mean a thing but it is the acts that we perform that speak the loudest.”

Edrahil’s eyes were on the flowers. “How… That land was dead.”

“All things can be healed but it takes knowing what you are healing to do so. I don’t work with silly healing potions that don’t do anything but make you vomit. I perform what most would consider miracles but whether or not you believe they are… well that is up to you. May I see the girl?”

Edrahil snapped out of it, “Of course…” His words were quiet as the house help took Angela up to where Lora was. Raine took off after her and only stopped when Angela did.

“It isn’t about forgetting the pain or not feeling it. It’s about being able to process the pain and learn to live with it. At the heart of all of this, Loralei feels she did this. Even if it was out of her control. We mothers long to be able to do godly acts for our children and feel like failures when we cannot. I lost my child when I was younger than her and I understand a bit too well what that is like and I paid for it like she is paying for it. Hundreds of years did I sulk and cry until someone came to me who also understood. Sometimes that’s all we need to start the healing. A mother talking to a mother. Other times talking only solves a little of the problem and medicine has to take over. She’s in good hands Ryker and Edrahil. I can promise you that. Raine, can you bring my bag?”

Raine turned around and got the brightly colored bag that Angela had brought. She took off up the stairs after her mistress and looked back down. “Everything is going to be okay. Lady Angela has mended broken bodies in a matter of minutes and broken hearts too. Believe in her.” The phoenix disappeared after the goddess and Edrahil looked at Nemesis.

“Who did you bring to my house? Yes, she’s your wife but… Her magic. I’ve never felt anything like it… It was oddly warm,” the elf hadn’t dealt with many magic users on that level. “Capable of miracles… That’s what sold me on you coming here but I never imagined she would be that powerful. To bring life to something that had been dead for that long… Lora is in good hands I think Ryker.” The elf put his hand on Ryker’s shoulder.

Loralei was laying in bed and there was a helpless look on her hair. Her hair and everything had been taken care of by the house help. When the door was opened her eyes with bags looked over just enough to see Angela come in. “Hello, Lora,” Angela took the bag from Raine and directed her to guard the door and not to let anyone come in. “I’m here to help.”

“No one can help me,” Lora pulled the blankets up to cover herself but Angela stopped her. “Why? Everyone has already tried nothing can stop the pain.” They were nothing but a whisper but Angela brushed her hair gently with one of her fingers.

“They aren’t me sweetheart. I promise you that. Your baby loved you until the moment he lost his life did you know that? He knew your voice and Ryker’s voice very well. Ryker used to sing a song to him and he was rather terrible at it,” Angela saw Lora’s eyes get wide. “You would tease him but the baby greatly loved all of it.”

“Who… how?”

“Doesn’t matter how does it?” Angela took a seat on the bed next to the girl. “If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me anyways.”

Angela sat there in silence next to Lora for a dozen or so minutes before Loralei pulled herself up weakly. “I killed my baby by not protecting him enough,” it was the first time she had directly come out and said it.

“No Lora, you didn’t. I promise. He doesn’t hate you for it but loves you for how much fight you had to save him. He is glad that you are alive but he hates seeing how much pain you are in,” Angela offered a smile. Loralei started a loud crying as she began to let it all out and Angela took her hand and was rubbing Loralei’s back. “Let it out, Child.”

“I must have hurt Ryker so much being like this,” her voice was louder and screaming now probably out of how angry she was with herself. “He probably hates me.”

Angela chuckled a bit, “I think he would punch me if he even thought I was hurting you. He loves you Lora and he wants nothing more than to see you stop beating yourself up over it. Your baby too. You’ve been ready to heal for a long time now but you kept yourself in bed because you thought that just by seeing you that everyone else would hurt and that isn’t true. They are all hurting now because they are worried about you and love you very much. Moving the world to see you be alright.”

“My legs hurt and are numb though… I can’t even move,” Lora was huffing air now as she tried to calm herself down through her loud crying. “They are sore and have sores. I’ve lost so much weight from not eating,” she rubbed her eyes.

“Oh, I can fix all those things. It won’t be pleasant but~ If you would allow me the courtesy to do so… I want you to trust me. Would you talk to me for a few hours?” Lora nodded to Angela and they began to talk about meager things. Lora would laugh but she was still very much trying to cry over being emotionally overwhelmed by the woman in front of her.

Angela got up after the three hours were over and opened the door to look at Raine. “Absolutely, under no circumstances are you to let Ryker or Edrahil into this room until I am done. Give me five minutes after it starts,” Angela’s words were stern as Raine nodded furiously.

“ON MY LIFE!” Raine saluted and watched as the door closed. The screaming and pain started after that. “Nope.” “Negative.” “Sorry, healer at work.” Every excuse in the book was given before they managed to overcome her. Exactly five minutes was what she was able to give.

Lora was sitting up in bed with her color back. The bags under her eyes were gone but she looked more exhausted from the treatment. Angela was washing her hands in a washbowl not too far.

Angela's 3 God Rules
Ryker

Character Info
Name: Ryker Desdemona
Alignment: CN
Race: Werepanther
Class: Mob Boss
Silver: 877
Everything that Angela was saying was pretty words, but Ryker was a realist. He knew that it took more than pretty words and confidence to heal his broken wife. When she got to the part of having a sister that shared similar experiences as Lora and that she had cured her did force some hope inside him, though he remained largely skeptical of the whole ordeal. “You believe that Lora can be cured much quicker than your sister?” Fortunately, she was under the same vices- but she literally did nothing but remain in bed. She couldn’t eat and the only reason why she hadn’t completely withered away was that they would have to force-feed her enough to keep her alive. This wasn’t the peaceful and kind woman he knew since they were children. Her heart had been broken and it crushed him to be so helpless, again. His eyes fell upon the ground that she healed and just like Edrahil, he knew something was strangely different about this woman. She wasn’t merely a noblewoman or a healer, that much was for sure. He looked to Nemesis, who had just a toothy smile on his face. He clearly knew alot more than what was being said here.

“A hell of a healer”, the Lord replied, “Trust me, you wouldn’t believe me even if I told you.”

“Try me”, Ryker answered with crossed arms. “I don’t know anyone with this affinity for magic like this.”

Nemesis sighed and kept quiet for a bit. “Would you believe that she’s a goddess?”

“A…what?” The werepanther’s brows narrowed together, trying to make sense of what their guest was saying. He then looked to his father-in-law, “Do you believe this?” Against all his logical thinking, he couldn’t completely say that he didn’t believe this. But Edrahil trusted her and he silently nodded in approval. He just wanted to help Lora any way he could.

The ladies were already inside by the time the men arrived. He wondered how long she would have to work before things gotten better. His train of thought, however, it broke once he heard the screams. “What the hell!?” Ryker immediately rushed up the stairs and was met with resistance in the form of Raine. “Let me through!”. He snarled, his fangs clearly visible. But she gave excuse after excuse, which only fueled his temper. “Calm yourself, young lord”, Maalik strolled slowly behind him and stood by Raine. “She’s clearly only acting under her mistress’ orders. Angela is doing what is necessary at the moment.”

His closed fists were shaking with anger as he was forced to obliged to this. It was nonsense that he couldn’t be there and seeing gods knew what she was doing to Lora. When the screams eventually stopped, he forced himself through the two and rushed to the door and swung it open. “What did you do to…” It was then that he saw her- his wife actually sitting up in bed. She looked like she had a year ago, before all the suffering they had endured.

“…Loralei?”

He stumbled over to her and fell onto his knees at her bedside. There simply was disbelief written all over his face, his eyes especially. “Are you okay?”