Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Learning Abroad [P,R]
Desmond Blackwood

Character Info
Name: Desmond Blackwood
Alignment: LE
Race: Vampire
Class:
Silver: 713
Had he truly got what he wanted, Desmond would have tortured the man more. He would make him crave the embrace of death over the pain he should have received. There had only been a few times that he had lost control like that, but most of these times were in his younger years. Why now? Was it really just because of Saffron? He couldn't say really, and lingered in his spot. His body felt numb except for when she comforted him, and even then it did little to ease his spirits. However he did at least move his hand over towards her to placed it onto her arm. Comfort was something that he had never had often in his life and she was willing to do so, the reasons though seemed unclear to him. Was she doing this since he was her master?

Once they arrived at the tavern and ordered, he looked over to her. "Dusk's Bane is a very strong alcohol that can only be found in this island. I would have offered to get you some, but I think you can't handle it yet." When Desmond had first received the drink, it felt as if the whole world was spinning and he was without control for hours. He could only imagine something similar happening to Saffron should she had it. The drinks arrived and he took his mug and took a few long sips while watching her. Her reaction nearly brought him to laugh in the middle of drinking his own beverage but soon she seemed to be getting used to it. "That would be the cherry then, I'd think. Careful not to consume so much in a short time." The last thing he needed was a drunk vampire to carry around. Her question made him think quietly to himself, bringing the mug back to his parched lips. "Perhaps so. You should get used to this life first and then we will go and see Adeluna. Survival is the name of the game and while we can afford some mistakes happening her, we can not over there. One mistake can bring forth our deaths."

For a moment, he couldn't fathom what Saffron was talking about, thinking it was the alcohol speaking for her. But then Desmond's hand was taken and placed onto her chest as she spoke some more and he sighed. There was a lot of turmoil still festering inside her, and it would require an outlet for her to get through this. "You are pent up. After all those years of being trapped in that house with them", he spoken, all the while his hand remained against her. "You need something to release your wrath or it can destroy you from the inside out, Saffron." Perhaps a hunt could do it; there were many humans here that were fair game and they knew the possible outcome for setting foot in town. His hand traced up from her chest, to the side of her neck and eventual up to her face. "You may need to hunt, that could help to balance you out for a while. Or perhaps there's something else you'd like to tell me of why you may feel this way…"

Saffron

Character Info
Name: Saffron Blackwood
Class: Childe
Silver: 109
She could see her master about to laugh at her and that alone made her happy. She was bringing  joy to him that she hadn't seen when they first met. There was an entirely different man under the guise of a monster. Once she had found that out she had a butterfly in her stomach whenever her red eyes met his. A blush would form to her face if it could and she drank more of the tart drink. "I'll be careful. I will try to make my mind stronger to resist  things like that. I belong to you and no one else." She gave him a smile. That was the only thing she could say he owned.

Setting her drink down calmly she stared at the liquid. She flickered her tongue against her lips for a moment. "If you let me loose who is going to stop me from going too far?" She looked up at him. "I will kill until I am sated but what if that hunger is bottomless. My heart is so frustrated but at more then just this.." She snuggled her face into his hand. "But there is more to that." Her red eyes drifted back over to him.

"I feel something much more than anger. Much more than ice. Ever since that first night. You are the only one to ever show me kindness but I feel like its more than that even. I read about it in books but I don't know if I am capable of it. A person who is as icy as I am." Her verbiage changed to a more serious tone. "To think I could love you. To be capable of such a thing when I've never known it myself. You give me butterflies. Staring at you when I know you are looking at me."

She reached her hand up and put it on his. Those sad red eyes looking at him for what seemed like the first real time since he turned her. "I've got a lot of sadness in me. You bring me happiness though and I appreciate that so I won't waste what you've given me. I will hunt if you think it will help. I don't want to lose control and hurt you or even try to." She reached across the table and put her hand to his face gently caressing his cheek. "I mean what I say. You are the only one I can say that to."

A wraith with an angel's body.
A demon with a smile of gold.
You soul-sucker.
OOC: Brittlez
Saffron Facts:
She stabbed her father 76 times.
She dislikes Banshees
She has a habit of telling people she doesn't want to eat them, she wants to be friends
She has a nasty temper when provoked
Most people smell good to her.
Desmond Blackwood

Character Info
Class:
Desmond nodded in agreement to Saffron; she was truly like a child, both in experience and in the vampire world. Much of she had seen outside of her home fascinated her greatly, from the ships they sailed upon down to the simple drink she sipped on. It seemed that a good deal of her interest laid upon him as well; he knew how she looked at him far differently than she had any other man. At first, he would just tell himself that she was doing so because he was her teacher, master and savior. He was the one that picked her up from the dreary life she was stuck with back at the farm. He was the one that gave her the strength to free herself from her parents and gave her a new life. She was his child and knew very quickly that she belonged to him, linked together for an eternity. But as time went on, he was starting to think it was more than just that for her. The clues seemed more evident of such the longer they had traveled.

Downing his own drink, Desmond looked towards her and shook his head. “Restraint. That is something that will prove to be your final test at some point. Right now, you are still fairly new and because of that, you won’t be able to possess much right now. Only after you become more accustomed to the life will it be stronger.” He understood well of what she spoke; many fledglings’ hunger couldn’t be easily sated. Unfortunately, that alone had lead to the demise of many. They would be reckless, and from that mistakes were made. Some of them fatal. He didn’t wish it for the girl at all, not after all the effort he had placed into her.

As she continued to speak, he called for the barkeep to refill his mug. In truth, he didn’t know what to make of what she was trying to say, that was until he heard the word ‘love’. He calmly blinked at her for a few brief moments while considering what was going on. Given the circumstances, she could have been romancing the thought of him saving her or perhaps her feelings were true. He himself was unsure of how to think about all of this. The vampire never dealt with something like this before, the closest thing that he might have felt was when he saw her with that other vampire. True that she had been influenced by him, but was it because of love? He wasn’t sure if it was that or if he was just possessive. Regardless, he didn’t push his hand away when she took hold of it. He genuinely watched her as her confession grew, keeping a stonewall face while weighing all of this.

“This is rather…shocking”, he admitted to her. “You are capable of such, even creatures such as us can feel such things. I myself haven’t felt it before, but it is possible. Plus it may be more evident with you because you are fairly young and freshly turned. A hunt can help, it won’t be an instant cure. It is just something to help you get through it until you gain that self control.” By now, he couldn’t question what she was saying, something about her demeanor now spoke louder than her own words. Desmond sighed and sipped at his drink, but what was suppose to be a few sips turned into him downing at least half of the alcohol. “I trust that your words are true. I have no question about it. I’m…just lost for words right now about it.” He brought the mug back to his lips and chugged the rest down before calling for the barkeep to come back once more for a refill.  

Saffron

Character Info
Name: Saffron Blackwood
Class: Childe
Silver: 109
Saffron understood his words and merely nodded to him. It did make her sad that she would not have the restraint of most other vampires around her. She could only imagine how Desmond was at this stage. "I will learn. I will get better and I won't need help next time. Because I will rip out his throat before you get to." Her words were harsh her red eyes lit up with anger. She was angry at how weak her mind was.

Truly she knew that was not fully her fault. Her parents had wore her down for years. "I want to kill them again and again. Killing them once wasn't enough." Before she it though the conversation moved towards what she really wanted and what she saw. In truth, this was the first time she felt this light fluttering feeling about anyone before. He was her one and only.

She kept his hand to her and smiled towards him. Those eyes were bright with passion. Obsessed? Maybe a little but she hadn't felt this way ever. "I want to hunt then but I have a feeling it will be more like a slaughter." Something deep down rumbled when she said those words. She was a killer now, that much was true. She purred a bit as she thought about it. She looked down at the mug and didn't want her head to get clouded before the hunt.

"Take your time. We'll be together for a long time and I'll wait patiently, or try." She gave him a smile that could only be described as loving. "First we will hunt whatever run these streets." She giggled a bit as she released his hand. "You just need a few more drinks in you I think."

A wraith with an angel's body.
A demon with a smile of gold.
You soul-sucker.
OOC: Brittlez
Saffron Facts:
She stabbed her father 76 times.
She dislikes Banshees
She has a habit of telling people she doesn't want to eat them, she wants to be friends
She has a nasty temper when provoked
Most people smell good to her.
Desmond Blackwood

Character Info
Class:
Desmond shook his head in refusal at Saffron; it had not been her fault. Neither of them could blame her for falling underneath that spell- she was still far from experienced and coupled with her youth and lack of worldly knowledge, something like that was bound to happen. If anything, this was a wake up call to serve to remind them both that her changing was not without consequences. One had to fall and get back up to truly succeed; it was a harsh lesson that many, himself included, had to learn. “Do not let it get to you. Nor be ruled by your emotions, especially in dire situations…” He had to sigh at that as he had broken that bit of advice by ripping into the vampire that was trying to allure her. However, at least the situation wasn’t truly a dangerous one, just more so one that he didn’t particularly like.

“As much as you loathe them, and what they had done, the past is the past. You had received your retribution as promised and they are no more. That chapter of your life is closed now; you’ll only be digging up skeletons should you linger for their destruction”, he spoke, more calmly now. They weren’t worthy of having breath wasted on speaking of them as far as he was concerned. They were killed and were nothing now save for ghosts in Saffron should she continue to bear her grudge against them. He himself never looked back to the lost kin he had been abandoned by for quite some time. By the time the refills came, he was starting to feel the warmth of his drink in him. Slaying her parents was one thing; their crimes against her was enough to push her over the edge and resort to killing them. But the innocent? Those that had likely done nothing to her ever? He felt as though that might provide an even more difficult test for her. “I would suggest controlling the urge, but it’s strong within you. I’ll just say this, don’t go overboard in the feeding. Too many damage and you lose out on potential blood and if you feed too much, well it can go to your head, almost in a way that alcohol does to some. Believe me, I learned that the hard way early on. It’s…not pleasant.”

The whole situation was strange to him. Lust was something he was all too familiar with, from both him and others. But love? That was an entirely different, unfamiliar beast to him. He pondered quietly for the longest time whether he could return such feelings or not. Jealously was another thing he wasn’t used to dealing with, so it could have been possible. He didn’t plan on lying to her and said that he did when he was unsure what to make of all this. For now, he nodded and agreed that perhaps in time, he would come to a better understanding as to how he felt about her. Pouring the bottle into his glass, he gave her a small smile and rose his glass up. “Suppose you are right…a few more of these and then we can start looking around.”