Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > That's right, let's dance [open, r]
Caitlin

Character Info
Name: Caitlin McKenna
Alignment: CN
Race: Human-demon Hybrid
Class: Mage
Silver: 277
The voice had stopped gnawing at her mind now, and it was friendlier to her.  They had entered a partnership, and she was glad for that.  They had been fighting before, and there was really no need.  It just wanted to help her, Caitlin had long known that she had so much potential.  Potential that had been completely wasted in that little village in the Highlands.  She would have never seen this much of the world had she not started listening to that voice.  She glanced at the bracelet for a moment, and smiled.  Even with the bit of blood on her hands, it was all worth it…

And there was another piece of her friend here somewhere…  Caitlin could feel it tugging at her.  Already, she had also recovered a necklace of the same make as her bracelet.  And with that, her powers had become more formidable.  Now, she and her new friend were on the track of yet another piece, and the young woman felt only a moment of apprehension.  She had heard tales of this town, of its eternal twilight.  And of the denizens that were less than friendly towards those they perceived to be weak.  "But you are not… and they don't know that.  So use that to your advantage, little flame," the voice whispered to her, a voice now as intimate to her as a lover's.  She nodded to herself, and continued to wander the maze of streets.

Knowing full well that she was being followed, Caitlin pretended to be oblivious.  When she finally turned, her only change of expression was the raising of a single eyebrow.  He was a large specimen, snarling and slobbering at the sight of what he thought to be easy prey.  "Oh really now?  You'd sneak up on little, harmless me?"  she asked, but a cold smile curled her lips.  It paced forward for a moment, watching her.  Then it charged, though she easily sidestepped the clumsy beast.  And a whip of fire sprang to life, snapping at the werewolf's hindquarters.  It screamed, scrabbling to turn in the narrow street.  "That's right, let's dance," Caitlin said, the smile turning cruel.

You and me and the Devil makes three…
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
It didn’t matter if they were men, beasts, the undead or even gods themselves- all had vices they would fall from. All of them had weaknesses that could be exploited, and Xunatar knew well than most still living. Some required a little bit more of a push than others, but the outcome would always be the same, no matter the time or realm. It brought him much pleasure to revere in seeing even the most noblest turn to sin. They fed off of it like it was a drug, a fix they needed and craved so badly that they would do anything to get it.

Here in Kurayo, it was no different as the moon shined high above it. He glided through the busy streets like a shadow, unimpressed with anyone around him. He had been bored, even when surrounded with were-men and vain bloodthirsty corpses that would have been typically fun for him to mess with. His own vanity spoke volumes, garbed in silk robes of copper and red fell down to the ground, masking away his bare feet that refused to be confined in footwear. His dark mane flowed wildly over him and piercing blue eyes looked on forward and ahead as his large figure moved. It wasn’t until he noticed the sounds of yelping did he feel like pausing. From another street came a werewolf scurrying away, leaving many eyes that fell onto it with puzzled looks. Xunatar considered that it must have ran into something more dominant, like a larger beast or something if it was fleeing with its tail tucked between its legs.

Boredom turned into a spark of piped interest as the demon shifted his head over towards the direction that the wolf had escaped from. His feet spun about and before long, they led him down to the other street in his search, up until he came across a young woman with fiery red locks. He looked upon her for a brief time before walking pass her. There had been a feeling in him that something was off about her, aside from the fact that he hadn’t ran into many that carried her appearance often. Aside from that, she seemed about as normal as one could be. But as he made it a few steps in, he ceased again and turned back to her. Hadn’t she just witnessed a wolf fleeing for its very life? “Girl, had you been attacked recently or saw one?”, he asked, head cocked completely to the right as his eyes bore into hers.  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Caitlin

Character Info
The enormous werewolf growled again, staring at her.  It seemed like the creature just couldn't quite believe that he was about to run away from a little girl.  And it charged at her once more.  But Caitlin was more than ready, and the fiery whip snapped again, striking at the inner thigh of the beast.  The stench of singed hair and meat filled the alleyway, and that was when it finally got the message and fled.

It couldn't even be called a fight, and Caitlin found herself disappointed.  She kept her fiery whip ready, and eyed the man when he approached her.  He seemed almost curious, and her fire-bright eyes narrowed.  Something about this man made her friend very quiet.  "What's it to you?  Werewolves are afraid of fire, so are the vampires.  That one that ran, he tried to attack me.  Didn't do a very good job," she said.  She kept her distance though, there was something off-putting about this man.  But a part of her was curious, she wanted to know why a man in bare feet was walking around the city like he owned the place.

Her hands clenched, and she considered attacking him out of hand.  But that was only because of her friend's unease, and Caitlin's natural curiosity quickly overrode caution.  "You don't exactly look like a resident of Kurayo either.  So what are you doing here?" she asked, deciding to be bold.  Plus it gave her time to figure out what she would say if asked the same question.

Xunatar

Character Info
Xunatar looked at the girl with eyes filled with mirth as they watch her snap at him. She was rather a feisty one, and he certainly loved to tackle a challenge. “Ah, to be young again, and overconfident. I do miss those days dearly.” WIth a slight snicker, the demon moved fluidly and swiftly around her over and over, not to intimidate her but because it amused him so. If one had paid close attention to his tongue, they would see that it was not that of a mere mortal’s and saw that it was more serpentine in nature. When his movements ceased to entertain him further, he ceased and gave her a dismissing gesture with a wave of a hand.

“Yes child, the little ones and normal mutts and leeches are fearful of the flame. Like you, many of them believe themselves to be high on the food chain here. The elders, on the other hand, are not as such. Combat them with your tricks, and you’ll be in for a rude awakening.” While he wasn’t afraid to tango with whoever were dominant here, it was much more easier to deal with them. Xunatar leaned against a building and took out a coin from his pocket. He allowed it to roll along the back of his hand for a bit as he figured out what to do with the young one. She was very interesting and it would be an awful shame to allow her to slip through his fingers.

Eyes latched onto the clenched fists and smiled. Oh she was very feisty and looked like the stubborn sort- it was just the way he liked his women. But it was not attraction that gained and kept his focus upon the redhead. Ignoring the questions for a bit, he continued to roll the coin about, letting the silence eat away at their time. He pondered just how patient she was, but then again he knew when and when not to poke at a bear, so demon broke the silence after a few minutes. “You are correct. I am not of this city. I am here…on holiday you can say.” He flung the coin of his hand and caught it as it was coming down. “I am not a werewolf or vampire, that much I can promise. I am something completely different from anyone on this island.” The smile never wavered from his face, if anything it only grew larger and made him stand out even further from being human.

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Caitlin

Character Info
He wasn't afraid of her, which made Caitlin just a bit nervous.  In fact, he seemed to be more amused than anything.  Her fists clenched again when he moved around her, but she remained still.  It was like having a wolf circle her, and Caitlin got the feeling if she reacted like prey, she would be treated as such.  But he stopped, then actually gave her some sound advice.  "Once my business here is done, I plan on leaving.  And hopefully I won't have to encounter one of those elders," she said, then bit her tongue.  She hadn't intended to tell this stranger of her business here. 

At least her guess about him had been correct.  That was something that gave Caitlin a bit of confidence.  Though admittedly she still felt at a disadvantage.  "You aren't human either, I don't know anyone foolish enough to have a holiday here.  If you're talking to me for this long though… I don't think you're going to hurt me, am I right?" she asked.  It was better to know as soon as she could, but Caitlin knew that he could be lying too.  She didn't know, but perhaps this was a way to find out.

Xunatar

Character Info
His eyes watched her with a stare that mimicked a snake’s cold yet mesmerizing stare; the darling girl, as he would so humorously put it, looked to be a lamb in a town full of wolves and other awful little baddies, but looks could be deceiving and she could very well be the biggest wolf of the pack, just in sheep’s clothing. That only drew in his interest into her even more. “Must be very important to come all this way”, he spoke in a sultry voice, letting the words roll off his tongue with ease. She seemed very guarded about, the clever girl but truly he held no interest at the time of prying it from her lips. Besides there were far better ways to do so without taking such unnecessary tactics.

“What if I were to say that I lied and that I was indeed one of those elders that wanted to see what could possible wreak havoc upon this fair city?” Oh he loved playing these sort of games, especially to those that knew him not. Back and forth he would play with others like a cat with a ball of yarn. “Perhaps I just wanted to see for myself as to what you were and your intentions here? You are correct in that not many would come here to enjoy themselves unless they were of the majority here.” He never steer away from his playful demeanor but the more this went on further, the more he savored this conversation. The mysterious woman of red was easily keeping his boredom away. “In any case, I am not human. Too fragile physically and mentally for my taste.” Taking a step closer, he place his fingers along his forehead, drumming lightly as he stared at her.

“Hurt you? Now why would I do that…you have something interesting about you.” His eyes looked as though they could bore right through her as he seemed to be as if he was searching for something inside. The smile wavered just a bit, something indeed was strange about her.  He had some suspicions but he played around a bit just to make sure first. “Are you here on your own accord, or is there someone there telling you what to do? A little voice inside your head counselling and instructing you?” His mood perked up as he took another step closer. “I know, we shall make a game out of this. You ask a question and I shall answer.” Another step taken. Then I get the right to ask a question and you answer.” Another step. “Back and forth we shall go, and only the truth shall come from out tongues. It will be a fun game, no?”   

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Caitlin

Character Info
She knew the answer to her question before it even left her lips, but it somehow reassured Caitlin that she got she answer she expected.  But she also knew better than to relax.  And that reason quickly manifested when he ferreted out just what was going on.  There was a strange feeling in the back of her head, the sensation was similar to that of a child hiding behind a tree and peeking out.  There were no words, no advice, nothing but a sense of panic from the entity.  He knew.  Somehow, he knew.  Was it possible the man before her was of the same ilk as what inhabited the bracelet she had found?  That would make sense…  And she was being given a chance to learn what she wanted.  "But how will I know that you speak the truth?  I am only a little girl compared to you, surely.  I wouldn't be able to tell your lies from the truth," she said, putting on an air of innocence. 

Her curiosity won out though, and she found herself asking a question.  "So tell me then.  Why did you come here?  There has to be a reason of some kind, and not for your health I'd imagine," she asked.  But Caitlin was tense and wary.  She knew that she would have to answer her own question soon enough.  And there was a chance she would soon be exposed.  But this entity before her, could he be of help?  Now that was an interesting prospect.

Xunatar

Character Info
This was truly savoring; Xunatar watched with glee across his face as he dangled the answers she wanted and stretched and twisted at the path they were sent on. She had something inside of her, that much he could tell. A little damning voice in her head that counseled her this far out into the controlled wilderness that was Kurayo, and yet it didn’t want to come out and play with him. There would be no hiding from him however, not with this fortunate game that he had suddenly came out with, completely by coincidence. For a moment he looked to her with a feigned look of hurt at these wicked accusations of hers. “Why sweet girl, why would I ever lie to you? All you have to do is hear me out and use your best judgment, of course. Hear me out first then decide. If at any time you believe me to be lying, then by all means, go ahead and walk away.” But the question truly was would she? Would her mind not be captivated to see this through and learn just what the entity in front of her was?

Closing his eyes, Xunatar waited for a reply and his interest sparked.

Game on.

The redhead was the first to question, which bothered him none. “To be truthful, I’m here to see a particular family of drow. You see, I do not like their kind in the least- having spent some centuries locked away by them could do that to a person.” Walking slowly past the girl, the demon got by a few paces before ceasing and turned his head to see her. “I have some unfinished with that particular family because they were the ones that were responsible for my imprisonment.” Taking a large stride towards her, he crouched down to her level and grinned widely. “And now, tic for tac. What drove you to come here?”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Caitlin

Character Info
He know.  Caitlin could tell that he knew.  Or he at least had a very good idea as to her personal situation.  And with her 'friend' having gone silent, she was left to her own devices to figure out just how to handle things.  A part of her, a very small voice, told her to just turn around, walk away, and leave the city before completely what she had come to do.  But Caitlin knew she had come too far already, there was too much blood on her hands to just leave it be.  She finally nodded to agree, and listened to what he had to say.  She perked up for a moment when he mentioned drow, she knew that they collected jewelry, and she had been pointed in their direction for her next target. 

But she had made a bargain, and Caitlin knew she should answer.  Perhaps they could even help each other.  "I am hunting for… pieces of someone.  He was defeated, sealed into pieces of jewelry, and scattered to the corners of the world.  I found one many months ago, and I've recovered others since.  Another piece is here, somewhere.  Maybe even with the drow you mentioned.  They like shiny things," Caitlin said with a shrug.  And they valued items tainted by dark magic.  She closed her eyes for a moment, seeking that inner voice, but he continued to be silent.  So be it.  She would do what she wanted, and Caitlin wanted to know more about being before her.

"I can tell where the next piece is.  Perhaps two hundred paces northwest of here.  You help me, I help you?" she asked, tilting her head to one side.  The drow would be likely to underestimate her, which could be useful to him.  But it all depending on if he wanted the help.

Xunatar

Character Info
Xunatar’s eye lingered for a moment, as if he was pondering about something. The girl had something inside of her, and he wanted to pry it out. But he was in no rush still and accepted to use the game instead to find out more. Plus, it was more entertaining for him to figure it out this way. In any manner, it was her turn in this game of questionnaire and he watched at all for any signs of deception in her words or body movement. His assumptions seemed correct- someone had fallen and now it was left up to this little one to literally pick up the pieces.

“My, my. How tragic of this to happen to your friend. My condolences, little one.” His voice seemed humble enough and yet there was a sinister air about it. Now all he had to figure out was who or what exactly was her friend, and the best way of doing so presented itself. “Drow have been known to collect objects that be of value. Your guess may be correct- if they see the shard of having any worth, then they were keepsafe it.”

As true to his word, he wasn’t the biggest lover of the dark skinned elves, mainly for their treatment against him while imprisoned in their walls. Revenge was a petty and meaningless concept best left to the other mortal races, but in this case, he would be the exception to that rule.  Xunatar withdrew and made the space between him and the girl wider. “Help? Dear girl, I do not need help. That said however, I think it will make for a more splendid occasion.”

Perhaps her talents would be useful to him after all, and he still wanted to see what this friend of hers looked like. A few hunches were made in the back of his mind, though he didn’t voice them yet. Nay, there would be plenty of time to speculate and see the truth for himself, one way or another. “I’ll agree to these terms. Just careful in how you respond to them, they barely like one another, much less those that walk the earth and bask in the sunlight.”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*