Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Koschei Forest > The Daily Faith [P/R]
DivineBlood

Character Info
Name: Damien
Alignment: TE
Race: Lust Demon
Class: Cult Leader
Silver: 199
The Faith of Temperance started its daily routine at sunrise. As the sun burst forth brilliantly over the horizon, barely visible from the ground, a bell was rung to signal the start of the day. The entire keep had seen a miraculous transformation in the months that it had been put to use. Although the walls were still in mostly disrepair, there were wooden structures already in place for the repairs to begin. The inner walls had seen some renovations, however. The paths had been cleared of the vines, and flowers had been planted in each of the four sections where the great trees resided. The fountain at its center had still yet to be repaired, as the well had been dry for quite some time.

As the believers of the Faith came together each morning, coming from the once-dilapidated barracks, they gathered in the center courtyard for a daily sermon from one of the Angels who may preside over the keep. If, at any time, the Angels were not present, Damien himself would give the speech. It wasn’t anything fancy or intricate. It was merely a reminder of why they were here. And most would agree, the rules were simple to follow.

Children were allowed to play throughout the day, with sticks and pretend sword fighting, so long as it was in good faith. The adults were tasked with work, but in return, once it was done they could do whatever they wished after the labor was finished, as long as it was within the guidelines of the Faith.

When Damien was available, he would take those who wished to voice their concerns or ideas in his main chambers, which consisted of only a single, ortante chair gabred in red silk. It was here, where he was sitting that morning, while his Angel gave the sermon.

The only current presiding Angel was vampire by the name of Julia. With her bow strapped across her back, and cloaked to avoid the harsh rays of the sun, she spoke of how she was saved from death by the Lord Damien, recounting how she had been sold out by those she had called friends once she had turned. There were a few tears in the crowd as she spoke, but all were silent. After she finished, she stepped away from her place in front of the crowd.

“Angelus?” she called out. “Angelus? Where are you?”

A tall knight walked into view, though missing his armor that morning. He was tall, but not as tall as Damien. He held himself with a sort of pride, as if he alone were the only one keeping all of them safe. “Aye, lass, I’m here. It’s been a bit of a busy mornin’.” His accent was thick, and heavy. He had a fiery head of hair, and a medium length beard and moustache to match. “What do ye need?”

“Lord Damien has asked me to check up on that halfling, and see how she;s settling in. Since I’m the only vampire in the Faith.” She swooned slightly, as if speaking to Damien had been the best thing to happen to her that week.

“Ah yes,” he said. “Saw ‘er leave the barracks this mornin’. The wee lass should be out here. What was ‘er name again?”

“I believe…Ezrabeth.”

As if saying her name were a magical spell, she popped into view. “There she is!” Angelus said, point her out. “Ezrabeth, m’dear? An Angel has summoned you!”

Ezrabeth

Character Info
Name: Ezra
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Human/Vampire
Class: Sacrifice
Silver: 141
Her first day at the Faith of Temperance, Ezra spent it exploring the whole place. From top, to deepest depths. Any room that was not locked was fair game to her. For the first time in her life, she had a bed, was thoroughly bathed and groomed, and given a fresh set of clothing. The best part was, everyone was not screaming or yelling at her, throwing rocks, or trying to attack her. Instead, they were trying to communicate with her, show her how things were done at the keep.

By far, Ezra’s favorite thing to do was to hide in the shadows, as close to Damien she could get. Unfortunately, he was not always available, and she knew better than to try and push the matter. The day started just as any other. Get up, get dressed, gather for the serman. Their Lord had saved the angel who gave it. While the story was touching, a single thought kept bouncing across her mind. ’She’s a vampire.’

The halfling slunk into the shadows, hiding in one of the doorways, watching the one who was like her, but not. Julia seemed paler, and seemed to shy away from the the sun which didn’t bother Ezra. It was curious to note the different characteristics. But she had said “turned”, and the halfling was sure she was not turned. What was the difference? She listened to Julia talk to the red haired man she called Angelus.

It surprised her to realize that Julia was searching for her. When Lord Damien’s Angels seek you out, she already learned not to ignore it. Ezrabeth left the safety of the doorway to answer the summons. She gave an awkward curtsey, and stumbled over her words, sounding quite shy. ”Y-yes, Angel Julia?” Speech was a fairly new concept for her, as no one wanted to hear anything she had to say before. Even her head hung a tad low as she looked up at the woman from beneath her long lashes.

I'll do what it takes to serve my Lord and Master
DivineBlood

Character Info
“There, there, child,” Julia said, crouching down. “Do not hang your head so. Be proud that we are of the Faith. And it seems you are of the lucky ones, who can stand the light of day.” She smiled. Underneath the cloak, her pales skin could be seen clearly. She had sharp, elf like features, which only help to accentuate her body and strengths. Her hair was a shocking white, a side effect of the turning that she had experienced.

“You may address me as Julia. I do not command you to give me as much respect.” Her smile was warm, and endearing. “How have you been acclimating? Have you fed recently?” She seemed genuinely concerned over the ward. “Well, today, we shall go over some of the basics for you. I will teach you to hunt both prey for the Faith, and prey for yourself. I will also teach you other…necessities. Even female vampires have urges that must be repressed to remain in the faith,” she said, blushing. “However, if you have tasted Lord Damien like I have…” She was not referencing his blood. IIf a vampire could blush, she would have turned red.

“Alas, that will not be for you anytime soon. You’re young, still, and even the Faith have morals to follow.” Julia stood up. “Young as you may be, you will also need to learn to defend yourself. Should you leave the premise for any reason, you’ll need to be able to fight against those who would do us harm. Now, Ezrabeth, follow me.”

Julia lead her to the grand entrance, where a line-up of various tools and weapons lay. “You may pick whatever suits you best. I, myself, have a bow for hunting. While I may be teaching you to hunt, it is not a requirement for you to do so. If you find yourself better suited towards something else, we will go down that path.” There was no pressure to choose from the full vampire. If anything, it seemed as though the vampire were expecting the girl not to choose anything. If that did happen, she would reevaluate the situation and act accordingly.

Ezrabeth

Character Info
She lifted her gaze, resisting the urge to reach out and touch the white locks. ”Um, it’s all… overwhelming.” Ezra began to fidget with her hands as she looked down at her feet, blushing at the thought of her last feeding. It had only been about three days. ”No, not since Lord Damien.” The halfling tilted her head in confusion at the hesitation before the word “necessities”. However, the woman brushed over the fact that she was still young, which begged the halfling to question exactly how they would determine what was too young in her case.

Dutifully, she followed the Angel, keeping the day’s itinerary in mind. ”Julia, I’m not like you. I don’t think I was turned, cause I’ve always been like this.” She quickly did the math on her fingers, and decided it was best to keep her true age a mystery. There was simply no telling how anyone would react. Wasn’t there a general rule of not to ask a woman for her age anyway? ’This is the most I’ve spoken to anyone…’ It amazed her how easy it was to talk, now that there was someone to listen.

Julia and Ezra stopped before a display of weapons, eyeing each, and knowing next to nothing about them. Bows shoot projectiles that hurt if she doesn’t evade quick enough. Those swords are for close range, daggers for close and personal. Ezra grabbed a sword and lifted it, surprised at how heavy it felt, though she kept a firm grip on it. ”I don’t know which… Can I learn on all of them? Starting with… Sword?”

DivineBlood

Character Info
Julia knew what the girl was feeling. Overwhelming was the least of it. But it was all worth it in the end. That was one of Julia’s task…to convince her that it was all worth it.

“You would like to learn all of them?” Julia asked in genuine surprise. “Well, I’m not too terribly proficient with everything, but I can handle a sword if that is where you would like to start.” She drew one from the weapons rack herself, and helped Ezrabeth set up a sheath. It was a little cumbersome for her, but in due time she would adjust, and grow.

“Now, let us go into the forest. Now, I must warn you…there are banshees about, and they are not to be trifled with. If you see one, run. I will handle it. In the event that I do not make it-” she laughed internally at the thought, “-you are to find Lord Damien and let him know. But, knowing him…” Again, it seemed as though she were completely enamoured, “Well…he’ll come and save me if there’s any trouble.”

It did not take them long to find a small clearing where the trees parted. The sun was starting to shine brighter, which Julia noted and pulled her cloak farther over her head. “Now. I want you to get a feel for the sword. Take it, and mimic my stance.” She pulled her own sword, and took a very basic, defensive stance.

“Hold it for a few moments, and then swing the sword straight. Then hold the stance again, and repeat.”

Ezrabeth

Character Info
She nodded. ”Yes, is that a problem?” With a little ingenuity, since Ezra was not quite tall enough for a sheath to be comfortably resting at her hip, they set it on her back. It felt odd, and she shifted her shoulders uncomfortably. The halfling tilted her head curiously at banshees. ”What are banshees, how do I know it when I see it?” While her mentality was rapidly growing with her body, her knowledge of the world was severely lacking.

Ezra followed the vampire into the woods. Once in the clearing, the defensive stance taken, the young vampire did as she was told. She focused on her breathing, the movement of the sword, the control of her muscles with each swing. ”If you don’t like the sun, why are we out here now?”

Julia had her run through several stances, and movements designed to develop muscle memory. Sweat was beginning to stream down her face, which she used the back of a hand to wipe at her forehead. ”Julia? Do you sweat?”

DivineBlood

Character Info
Ezrabeth was doing well so far, and her curious mind was a change of pace from the normal day to day of the rest of the Faith. “Banshees are very dangerous female spirits. Rumor has it, they appear as a herald of death. They have a terrifying wail that can cripple even the strongest of warriors. Believe me, child, you will know when you see one.”

Julia laughed at the half vampire’s next question. “Even full vampires have learned that some things only happen during the day. Thus, we have learned of methods to keep us safe. Despite this, it is very dangerous for us. You are quite lucky to see the sun with little pain.” She sighed. “Supposedly, if I truly ascend, I could do so again as well…” It seemed as though she held her master in a very high regard, and that was he spoke was truth. “Oh, I should warn you…”

“Many of the Faith have lived difficult lives, some worse than others. You may ask me anything, as I have come to terms with it, but I would ask that you refrain from such personal questions to the others” Julia stepped forward to look at her stance. “You’re slipping up here. Move your leg a little more inward here. And the grip…”

“You can take a break, now,” Julia said as the girl wiped sweat from her brow. “Sadly child, I do not. There are different grades of the vampire curse that run throughout the world. In my particular case, my body never rises above a certain temperature, no matter how much effort I put forth. Magic is the only thing that can affect my temperature. Well, that, and the sun itself…”

Ezrabeth

Character Info
It only made sense that there was such respect for Damien. While the depth of other's regard for him was still questionable, depending on the topic, Ezra knew only that she wanted to please him. She owed him her life, for he had pulled her out of abuse, offered her nourishment, shelter, and acceptance. Damien had gone out of his way to help, and it meant a lot to the young one who knew nothing but pain.

"Yes, Julia." Ezra acknowledged the warning against too many questions. She fixed her stance, and worked hard to please the Angel. Somehow, she dodged anything about feeding, and was given time to herself. The next day, she seemed a bit distracted, a hint more irritable, but still dodged any personal questions and inquiries. This happened several days in a row, her mental stability deteriorating more and more.

When her seventh day dawned over the keep, and morning service was held, there was a distinct lack of a certain red headed, crimson eyed vampire at the sermon. Instead, Ezra was buried under her blanket, curled in a tight ball, shivering. 'I shall not harm, I shall not harm. So thirsty.' The young vampire had avoided learning to hunt creatures outside of the keep, keeping her focus on learning the weapons first. 'True to the faith… Stay true.'

DivineBlood

Character Info
The morning service that day was done once more by Julia. She held herself with pride despite the risk of the sun, and paraded about the courtyard, drawing the praise of the crowd. She had not missed that Ezrabeth had not showed, but she was told that it would happen. She knew Lord Damien would take care of it.

And Lord Damien did. Ezrabeth was alone in the room one moment, and then the next she was not. He was standing there, a great overcoat resting on his body, but without a shirt, his chest exposed to the elements. “Ah, child…I feared this would happen.” There was a strange sound of something metal being placed on the floor. There were more sounds as Damien moved things around in the room, and finally there was silence.

“Zivot,” the demon said in his smooth voice. At once, the room filled with the scent of glorious blood. He took a step back, his eyes on Ezrabeth, and waited for her to act, as he knew she would.

Ezrabeth

Character Info
The familiar musk of her savior's scent filtered through the blanket. When had he come in? There had been no sound from the door… Was there? Regardless, Ezra buried herself deeper, grinding her teeth as she attempted to keep herself true, denying what she was. His voice washed over her, forging a deep seeded sense of yearning for him. In her innocence, it was a desire for a fatherly embrace, a proffered wrist to latch onto, and soothing words as he explained something. At least, that was what she could describe it as, but it felt so much deeper than that at the same time.

Suddenly, blood, sweet, beautiful, metallic blood filled the air with its aroma. Ezra moaned as she dug her fingers into the bed, continuing to hold the fight. Her eyes snapped open, mere seconds later, the blanket thrown off of her as her crimson eyes searched for the source of the blood. The blanket was beginning to settle on the bed as the goblet was snatched and lifted to her lips. She drank greedily. Eventually, she opened her eyes, now softening to a golden amber, and eyed Damien.

Shame filled her as she lowered the goblet, running the back of her hand against her lips, smear it across her cheek. "I'm sorry, Lord Damien… I tried. But… Am I not good enough? Do I have to go now?" She didn't understand why she needed the scarlet, warm liquid that flows within the bodies of living creatures. As such, tears began to fill her eyes as she thought of being forced to leave due to the lack of ability to control her "addiction" to the blood.