Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Koschei Forest > The Angel's of Sacrifice [P/R]
DivineBlood

Character Info
Name: Damien
Alignment: TE
Race: Lust Demon
Class: Cult Leader
Silver: 199
As Damien led Ashlynn to the keep, he spoke to her with kind words of encouragement. Despite his initial heavy handed approach, he genuinely wished for the men and women who followed him to come of their own accord. Sure, a little magic was needed sometimes to coax the answer, but the reality was that most who came to the faith, came because they needed it.

“Now, my dear,” he said as they neared the ornate wooden gate. “The keep is old, but sturdy. There are many who, just like you, have come. They may seem overwhelming at first, but I promise you that they mean you no harm.” He glanced back at her, his face as stoic as ever. “Now, please do remember…a lot of these people are broken, in a way. They have all come to the Faith of Temperance to heal, and to ascend…just like you.”

He stopped just short of the gate, turning around to meet Ashlynn’s gaze. “Remember the main tenants. Follow my word. No sex, no drugs, and nothing of excess. Take the advice of my chosen Angels. And, of course, respect the sanctity of all who dwell here.” With that, Damien turned back around, his coat swaying in the wind.

The demon took a step forward, and the gates started to swing open. Awaiting them were several dozens of men and women of all ages and species. They all seemed genuinely happy to see Damien, and greeted him with brilliant smiles. As he walked forward, the crowd parted. A few reached out to touch his arms as he passed, with Ashlynn in tow.

“These people have all accepted the Faith for what it is. A chance to become something more…” He lead her into the main hall, which had transformed from the dust barren hall to something warm and inviting. There was an extravagant red carpet that lead to the back rooms, where hsi chambers were. He lead her back, and closed the door behind him.

“Now. I normally don’t do this, but you, you are special…” Damien pointed. “Go sit.”

His chambers were barren save for a single, ornate chair. Everything else was merely stone. It looked nothing like what anyone would have expected. “Now…we will test your spirit, and see what the Faith has in store for you.”

“Once you sit down, you will enter a world of dreams. Once you do…your true desires will manifest, and you must fight them back. If you pass the test, and remain pure….” Damien held out his arms. “I will let you become my newest Angel…immediately.”

Ashlynn

Character Info
Name: Ashlynn
Alignment: TN
Race: Elf/Human
Class: Sacrifice
Silver: 2748
“I’ve never seen something so large before,” Ashlynn tilted her head as her voice remained almost a whisper. Her eyes were on the keep. She was sure that hundreds of her family home could have fit within the walls of the keep. “To ascend?” It wasn’t a question he needed to answer but she was still in a daze about it all. She had hardly been social at all besides those who had come to the farm and visited her mother and father. Her wants and needs were plenty met up until her mother’s death.

Steady blues met Damien’s. “Of course.” She would follow the rules of this place. After all, this was her second chance at life now. All the things that he said she couldn’t have… She had never experienced so there was nothing to miss.

The number of people he had made her jump just a tad. There were so many people from all over Revaliir. Her eyes scanned each and every one of them that were near her as she caught up to Damien. What was this place really? Did she even care?

Once they arrived in his room she tilted her head. “Special? How?” She had never been special in her whole life. Her heart quivered a bit at the thought. It was weird to hear someone have an actual interest in her. Her eyes moved to the chair now as he told her to sit.

“Will it hurt?” The question remained on her lips as she went to the chair to sit down. It was comfortable which surprised her but her eyes drifted to close the longer she was in the chair.

Her desires? True ones? Was there even anything to fight now?

Her dream was a blanket of black in the deepest abyss of her mind. She stood there in the darkness with her heart elevating the longer she stood there. Was this what she wanted? Nothing? There in the darkness was a pair of blue eyes. She knew these eyes and she was starting to know them well. The way they looked at her like a meal at times.

They were Damien’s. They just watched her and there was no movement. It was a staring contest to test the ages and finally, Ashlynn’s eyes woke up as she took a gasp of air from the magic. “It was so dark.” They were the only words that left her lips but only because she didn’t understand. Did she really have no wants in life? It made her sad but still, Damien could give her things now… A purpose would be just fine for her.

Damien was there holding his hand out to her as she took it with almost no hesitation. “Did I pass your test then?”

DivineBlood

Character Info
It was astounding what Ashlynn had seen. Or, not seen, to be more precise. In all of the demon’s years, he had never witnessed a human as broken as her. It made sense, now, why she appeared so alluring. Not only did she have an amazing potential for energy, but she was something akin to the perfect vessel.

Oh my dear, he thought to himself. What has left you with no desire? He held out his hand to her as she came out of the trance. She took it graciously, and he pulled her to her feet. The illusion around his body was shivering slightly. It will not be much longer….

They were no longer in the same room that they had started in. If Ashlynn had any sense, she might be able to tell that they were underneath the keep, hidden from the rest of the convent. He had created his base chamber upstairs for the ‘test’, while his real chambers were far below.

The chambers were far more ornate than he had initially wished, but when he brought people down here, the comfort seemed to set them at ease. Humans were such odd creatures. Despite it, though, he found that the decorations were growing on him. A grand four post bed centered the large room, with light colored silk adorning it. There was a magnificent Sularian grade carpet that lay underneath the majority of the room, brightening the cold stone. On the side of the room was a grand fireplace, with a small fire already going.

“You passed wonderfully. I’ve not seen a human such as yourself with such control over their desire,” he said. “Now…I offer you the choice, which I have offered many.” He glanced back at her. “If you would become one with me, I will grant you the ascension to a higher plane of existence…you would become one of my Angels of the Divine Blood…one of those who I have chosen to become a vessel….”

“I would offer this to you, before any other…because you are different. You are special.” The illusion of his body shattered, and standing before her was the demon in full, his black and blue scales shimmering in the wavering light produced by the fireplace. The chains were no longer draped across his body, replaced with the heavy set of secondary arms, a spine-like tail swishing behind him.

The one thing that remained the same were his piercing cold eyes, which gazed at Ashlynn with a near predatory gaze. “The choice is yours…to become mine, or to return to where you came from…to return to nothing.”

Ashlynn

Character Info
Blue eyes saw the magic waver and for a moment she was scared. He wasn’t what he was supposed to be… but was anyone truly the front they put on? Ashlynn wasn’t sure but she did know that Damien had saved her and he had promised her love and safety. What that entailed had never been discussed between the two so she just had to trust him.

Once they appeared in the room she looked up as she realized how far down they were now. She could always see the magic trails that her mother had and while she wasn’t as talented as her mother she could still see it. Eye leaped to everything in the room as she took it all in. She had never seen such ornate things in her life.

“Half human,” Ashlynn muttered softly. “I’m a half-elf.” She didn’t know if he would turn her away like so many others had in the Highlands for what she was. A magical creature born in a land that shunned it.

Her mouth went dry at his offer but it was merely because she didn’t understand what he meant. Become one with him? That was a weird phrase but she trusted him not to lead her astray. She had no choice in the matter. Finally, the illusion broke and she saw him for what he was. Most would call him a monster but Ashlynn had blinked after her first shocked expression.

The expression died down quickly as her hand came out to feel his face. A monster didn’t have to have a form like this… A monster could be a man just like her father.
“I have nowhere else to go… and even if I did… Did I not say I would stay here with you?” He had paid for her after all. She was rightfully his. Her eyes wavered but only for a moment as her voice was soft and barely audible. “I’ll do whatever you need me to.”

DivineBlood

Character Info
Damien’s true form did not show much, if any expression. As a type of lust demon, he did not feed upon food, nor did he drink any form of liquid. He was bound to one type of meal only. The energy he gained from his sexual interactions with those who were willing participants. And thus, having gotten the permission that was required, he placed his hand upon her breast.

“And so the pact will be made.”

He lead her to the bed Undress yourself. Tonight, you shall sleep here. And so began the night where Ashlynn would learn much about the demon and herself, and of how her unique traits would affect her future.

The world you are about to enter is vastly different from the one you have known. No longer will you be restricted to the rule of worldly desire. As you create this bond with me, you are entering into a sacred pact, in which your energy belongs to me, and only me. As such, my sweet Angel, you will go out onto the world, and perform the acts that you will experience on this night to gather this energy, and once you, my new vessel, are filled to the brim, you shall return here and bestow upon me the energy, sealing the pact. And then, only then, will you become one of the truly ascended…only then, can you say that you are a higher being….

The night passed, and in the morning, when she awoke, she was alone.

Ashlynn

Character Info
Now she understood what he meant as she undressed herself. Ashlynn had never known anything about such an act before. He surprised her and at the same time, she found herself hurt by the interaction. Hurt gave way to pleasure though and she enjoyed her time with the demon.

In the morning she found herself sore with a little bruising from the night before. She was sure that Damien had not meant to hurt her as she dressed herself. In the soft light of the room, it was hard to see but Ashlynn’s vessel had a visible glow to her. Almost like she was a true angel. The magic of the pact was surging through her now like a living being.

The little half-elf made her way from his chambers up into the main keep. It took her a while to find her ground and her way around. He had left her with little direction but she managed to find her way somehow. She explored her new home and came across some of the men of the faith. The way they looked at her with big eyes made her think something was wrong. She hadn’t quite figured out she was glowing.

“You look like an angel.”

Ashlynn gave them a bit of a weird look as she tilted her head much like a confused puppy. She didn’t understand their words but Damien had said she would be one of the angels… Maybe they could tell. “Thank you.” The air of Koschei made her shiver and one of the men brought her a blanket and wrapped it around her. Loved and cared for indeed.

She snuggled into the blanket and the man and she spoke for a quite a while. The whole time specks of energy floating into her vessel depending on the man’s attraction towards the little elf. Ashlynn realized she had never gotten quarters to sleep in or had any general idea of where she was going as she finished up her conversation with the man. The dark haired woman wandered the halls feeling a bit more happy than she had for a long time. Finally, she came across a mirror and it caught her eye.

She had a glow. That was what the man had meant.

DivineBlood

Character Info
“Aye, there ya are,” a voice called from behind her. The sound of his boots hitting the floor resounded in the hall. “Lord Damien told me I'd find you wanderin’ 'bout.” The man was just under Damien's height, with a mess of fiery red hair. Ashylnn might have recognized the type, after all, he was from the Highlands as well, though he seemed to carry himself in a kinder manner.

“Angelus, at yer service.” He took a bow. He was dressed in a basic tunic, but held himself fairly rigid, as if he were used to being garbed in heavy armor. At his belt was a sword, one which he kept on his person at all time. “Welcome to the Faith, Angel Ashlynn.” There was a pained look across his face for a moment, but it was gone.

“I see you’ve ascended, just as he had explained. You must realize just how much of a blessin’ this is fer an acolyte to become ascendant so quickly.” He sighed. “No worries though. I trust the Lord with everything, so who am I to judge.”

“Anyway,” he started off. “Follow me. I’ll lead ya to yer quarters. Lord Damien had to do the mornin; sermon this morning, and after that he spent most of his time settin’ ye up.” He led her down the winding halls, finally stopping at a door.

“Well, m’lady Angel, this is where I leave off. Those who aren’t ascendant aren’t allowed in the Angel’s chambers without permission…and those are normally invited…” He glanced off. “Well, they aren’t of the Faith most of the time. Those that are…well, they…” He glanced away, looking ashamed.

“Well, m’dear, it’s been a pleasure.” He started off.

Ashlynn

Character Info
For a moment when she turned around Ashlynn had the look of pure horror on her face. She was terrified of Angelus at first. Her heart rate sped up to the point where it looked like she was jumping out of her skin. There was a whimper from her lips, a memory. A tragedy. It looked to have faded just as fast as it came to her as her eyes lost the look. They mellowed out into what Damien had known her for. “He sent you?” Her words were gentle as she tried to piece together her scattered head.

Ashlynn pulled the blanket around her tighter for a moment. “I don’t know why,” her words were barely audible as he explained how lucky she was. Her skin shivered at the memory and she took a breath. “I’m sorry if I bother you because of that.” Her blue eyes moved to his as she watched him speak.

The little half-elf lagged behind the knight as she watched his every move. She still couldn’t shake the fears of her homeland from her bones. Her eyes watched as the light danced off his red hair. Ashlynn saw the way he was looking around as he explained about the angel chambers. She moved almost entirely without knowing what to do or say. “Angelus?” Her mind was in overdrive. “I don’t know what the other Angels have done but I am not like them.”

There was a thin blush on her face. “I don’t even know much about this place or where I am. I was bought and brought here. I don’t know whether or not Lord Damien’s intentions are good for everyone with me. But… If you ever need someone to lend an ear you can come talk to me.” Her fingers fidgeted with her dress. “I would not mind listening.” That felt like the right thing to say… She hoped.

The room was set up like a dream compared to what she was used to as she came in. There were comforts she had never known. Ashlynn closed the door behind her and she looked up at the large four poster bed with colorful silk around it. It reminded her of Damien’s bed almost. The spread on the bed was a deep blue like her eyes.

There were books on mahogany shelves that she looked over. She knew how to read somewhat but she was willing to learn more just to see what type of things Damien had put on the shelf for her. There was a vanity for her to sit at in the morning and she found her way over to am armoire she opened. There were dresses of all different colors and she spent time feeling the fabric.

They were all so different compared to the tattered one she wore now. Ashlynn felt dizzy from the excitement for a moment as she went and sat on the bed for a moment. She could see herself in the mirror and she just stared for a few moments. Was… that an ornate mirror? Was she really deserving of it?

This was awfully nice for a person like her.

DivineBlood

Character Info
If Angelus had seen the looks of horror on her face initially, he didn’t say so. If anything, it was almost as though he were used to it. The Faith housed many victims who had been harmed in some way, and a lot of the time, that harm came from those who had the appearance that Angelus sported. Large, and loud. However, he held himself, through that part at least, with a form of composure as not to blame the victims.

As the new Angel spoke, though, Angelus reeled a bit. “N-not like the others, ye say?” he said. “I’m sure yer not,” he replied, almost as if he didn’t believe her. As she entered the room and disappeared, Angelus stopped pretending to leave, and walked over to the door.

Lord Damien had instructed him to keep a watchful eye. Evidently she was a special case. There would be many in the Faith who would question it, though not as openly towards Damien as they would to her and the Angels. Angelus let out a sigh.

The fact that she offered to speak to him was a strange one. Perhaps she was different from the other Angels. The man scoffed. They’re all the same. Once they get a taste for it. But, it is Lord Damien’s wish.

As if the mention of Damien, his voice echoed in Angelus’ mind. Well? I’m waiting. Angelus cringed slightly. It was always a shock when the master did that.

“Yes, yes, m’Lord. I’m getting to it. She just surprised me is all.” Angelus knocked on the door. “Lady Ashlynn. It’s me, Angelus, back te oversee one of the initiations…”

Ashlynn

Character Info
Ashlynn had seen enough of the reel to tilt her head but not say a word to it. They must have gotten a lot of people in to get a reaction like that. She had gotten rather good at reading people or more so her father to know when to hide and when not to. So she let Angelus go with no other questions as she shut the door and began her exploration of the room.

After she laid on the bed for a few meager moments she had gotten up and tried on one of the dresses that were in the closet. They were a good fit which surprised her but it was far better than the rags she had come in. She smoothed the skirts down and it felt a little unreal to her. Soft not rough. The color was leaning towards a pinkish peach color. Against her skin tone, it looked nice.

Her mess of brown hair was being brushed out when Angelus came back. There was another tilt to her head when she got up from the vanity and set the brush down when she was done. Still used to the ways of home she only opened it slightly with just her blue eye watching him. “Initiation?” She opened it just enough so he could see her face. Her hand was pressed against the door just in case even though she had been so kind to Angelus there was still that fear.

Looking around him she felt odd so she opened the door. “You can come in…” Her voice was still unsure as she backed away from the door and shuffled over to pick up her old dress off the floor. She hid it at the bottom of the armoire she had been exploring and closed the doors. “What’s… the initiations?” She finally got the nerve to ask. She hadn’t been told about anything.