Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Koschei Forest > [Open] the call
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
leave it to treasures to will me into the worst of places. She thought to herself as she stood at the edge of the forest in her true form. Something here had decided to send a call and she had to find out what it was and why it called her. she stood her full 12 foot high as she listened. besides the wind there was little to no sound. She started walking and let the call guide her. it was dark witch made her glad that she had really keen eyes. yet it barely helped. 

she noticed a light of blueish color and walked towards it. than it disappeared and a different one appeared farther away. the call pulled at her and reminded her why she had came into a land so dark. She could fell the sparrow and the curse surrounding the area it made her sad and put her on edge. she again walked as she allowed the call to guide her. she had been walking for awhile and decided to nap. She laid down and curled into a ball and quickly slept. 

Her scales of wight looked odd in the dark but it was obvious that something of a different color was there.  

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
All the locals had warned Synthesis that this place was bad news. The stories they told were enough to chill bones. And yet she'd come anyway. Curiosity did kill the cat and Synthesis felt very much like an unfortunate feline at the moment. She ran her hand over the bark of an agonised looking tree. She looked around for a good place to sit down. She had planned to try communing with the plants around here to see what interesting tales they had to tell and maybe what secrets they had to share. What better place to udy and practice magic than in a place that practically lived and breathed it! So despite the impending sense of doom that tried to weigh her down she looked around with reletive optimism and exitement.
That's when she spotted a huge lump of white scales. She froze for a second but it didn't stir so she tiptoed closer. There was its head, there was its tail and there were its wings. She gasped as she realised it was a dragon, huge and mighty. It seemed to sleep soundly. Unsure whether it was an intellegent being or one fueled purely by instinct, Synnthesis began to back away slowly. Unfortunately, she didn't look where she stepped and her foot came down on a thin, dry stick that cracked loudly in the silence. Was this it for her?

Vinsue

Character Info
She awoke to the sound of a snapping stick. She looked around and spotted a girl not far off. She looked at the girl but did not go any closer or farther off. Sure the girl could not harm her she got up and started to walk off. the place gave her the chills and she did not want to be here longer than she had to. Even her dreams in this place told of the past and she did not like it to much. She was not going to attack unless the girl attacked first. she could since the angelic and demon blood both she had once feared but now she seemed not to care.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis was incredibly relived when the dragon began to walk away. Unsure whether it was due to it not being hungry or because it didn't eat humanoids, she wasn't going to push her luck. She turned and made her way to the nearest tree and sat down. She made sure all her movements were slow so as not to startle the mighty predator and took out her her lunch (an apple) and her Druid Spellbook. However, instead of reading or practicing magic, she found herself watching the dragon curiously. It was beautiful with its scales flashing in the moonlight but also invoked in her a distinct sense of personal danger.

Vinsue

Character Info
She could fell she was being watched but she did not care as she kept walking she got out of sight range and quickly found a pyramid shaped thing and picked it up with her mouth glad the thing was easy to find and seemed to seriously lack danger. the thing stopped its call as she knew it would as they all do after she has them.

She walked back a ways and laid down. the lack of sunlight was draining her energy and as far as she could tale there was nothing to eat in this forest. she than realised she was back to where the girl was sitting. she needed to keep going but she did not have the energy to do so.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
As soon as the dragon dissapeared from sight, Synthesis sighed and closed her eyes. She reached out with her mind and began to connect with the local flora. She found the young grass and small shrubs were quiet and friendly enough but as soon as she made contact with the old trees, her blood ran cold with the terrible things they whispered. They told her horrifying stories of evil deeds they had seen and tortured souls that wandered close by. They even began to recount the story of their birth… but the young Druid had heard enough and violently wrenched herself back to the physical reality. The night was still apart from her own heavy breathing.
There was the dragon again. Now it held a small small pyramid shaped object in its jaw. It looked tired. It hung its head and its movements were slow. Despite the fact dragons were meat eaters, Synthesis wondered weather it might like her apple. She held it out cautiously, keen for any sort of company after what she had just expirienced. All her optimism was gone. The last thing she wanted right now was to be left alone here.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue put down the pyramid shaped thing and looked at the girl who was a bit frightened about things Vinsue could only guess. than it offered her apple out. She slowly approached and sniffed the fruit before carefully biting it and stepped back. she then put the whole thing in her mouth and ate it. 

The pyramid thing was not happy that it had been put back on the ground and Vinsue knew it by the way it called to her again. She again picked it up and laid down. she watched the girl as she did and was glad for the apple but i would do little for her. 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Emboldened by the non-threatening way that the dragon had accepted her offering, she packed up her things and shuffled a little closer to the creature. It seemed tame, like it was used to accepting food in this way - either that or it was intellegent. Also, any creature seemed friendly in comparison to what she had just spoken to. Her fear of this magnificent beast was quickly being replaced by a fear of the whole forest they dwelt in. Her heart still beat fast and she thought the touch of another animal might sooth her.
"Hello," she said softly, "What's your name then?"
She didn't expect a reply. She reached out a hand towards its snout, giving it a chance to stiff her first like a cat would. She also avoided looking into its eyes in case staring would offend it. What an amazing story she would have to share: She would be able to tell people of how she had befriended a dragon, touched it and had it eat from her hand. This happy thought distracted her somewhat, but not completely.

Vinsue

Character Info
she sniffed the hand than laid her head down. The girl was obviously just curious and she was ok with it. she would have said her name but speaking that language like all the two legged languages where hard to do in this form. and she lacked the energy to do so. 

She was also curious to see what the girl would do if she thought that she could not speak. she loved stories and music and kind of hopped her new friend would tell some of her own to waiting ears.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
"My name is Synthesis." she continued in her soothing animal voice, "I came here to learn from the trees here. Everyone for miles around would tell stories about how old and dangerous they are. I thought it would be a good idea to find out for myself. I'm practicing to become a powerful Druid, you see. I thought they might be good teachers. It turns out this was not an ideal way to learn."
She paused in a moment of regretful recollection.
"I wish I'd listened to the villagers now. They all told me not to come. The trees… they say some dreadful things. They've seen and done some horrible things. I'm so glad your here, though. At least I got to meet a dragon." She giggled half-heartedly, "You'll look after me, wouldn't you?"
Just to make sure the dragon wouldn't get the wrong idea, Synthesis went on to tell the creature about all the other times she had spoken to plantlife. How many times trees had saved her life by warning her of danger. She went on to tell the dragon of all of her advetures in the wild and the different things that different plants liked to discuss. She talked to cover up the silence of the forest and soon became lulled by the sound. She only stopped when she was too tired to go on, relaxed by her new companion and and the uneventful stillness which surrounded them. Dawn would arrive in an hours or so; not long to go at all.
Just when she was about to close her eyes, she spotted a faint light in the distance growing closer. Was she that tired? Or could her dragon friend see it too?