Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Umbral Depths > Prisoner | p.r.
Isleen Amara

Character Info
Name: Isleen Amara Balatro
Alignment: CN
Race: Vampire-Lycan
Class: Rogue
Silver: 620
“Good - it was meant to be heard,” she replied with a teasing tone. She was glad he said he would do better but the fact he did not promise was not lost on her. The wolf nodded with a soft sigh. There was little use on pushing the matter further. They were together once more which meant she could encourage him to embrace his wolf. Even as Ethan explained what he understood to be true about the transition, Isleen believed they would never go so long without each other again.Fate had reunited them after a year of being quite literally worlds apart - that had to mean something.

Her eyes narrowed at him as her tail flicked with annoyance. “You didn’t look? Did you look for me?” she questioned slowly. Isleen almost didn’t want to know the answer, afraid she already knew it. “Ethan, you have to stop living like no one loves you. It is simply not true. Frankly, you would be able to find her a hell of a lot easier than her to find you,” Isleen replied, shaking her head at him. She could barely look at him. If they had been having this argument in their world, she would’ve already walked away from him. This was the first time he had ever truly disappointed her. Isleen understood to some degree that hope often led to disappointment and sadness but the fear of being all alone felt far worse. Looking at him, she slowly began to realize how different they were in that regard. She would always be wolf first, vampire second and Ethan was the opposite. She needed a pack and he knew that love was a liability. However, things were different now. He had to understand that the days of him living like a vagabond would not do as long as she was in his life.

Before he could be cynical and pessimistic, Isleen added, “I’m not a child. I understand that there is a chance they’re not here. And, I’m not saying we spend our entire lives on a search that could be fruitless.” She paused to try to find the right words. “I have to try, Ethan. And I have to believe she looked for me. If father lives, I’m sure he did too at least for a little while.” She looked away from him. Isleen didn’t know how to live in a world without them. The idea that they were simply gone as if they never existed did not sit well with her. They were too good, too pure. They deserved life far more than she. “Praise the Scythe, she thought to herself, taking a moment to thank Death for not taking her yet.

Despite their disagreement, Ethan remained and reassured her as she spiraled at the idea of staying there a moment longer. Isleen took in a deep breath to see if she smelled anyone new in case someone had found them. As Ethan rose, she started looking all around. She nodded at his words and began to walk where he was indicating. “A bed would be nice,” she replied, uncertain of that last time she felt something soft. Her stomach rumbled in protest, announcing food needed to come first. His touch brought some comfort but she really wanted to run. “Do you even remember how to catch a meal in this form?” she teased, nipping at his hind legs. “Let’s go!” she replied before taking off in the direction he indicated.

I'm on the edge and I'm not alone.
Remember, this is what you asked for.

You want the worst that's inside us,
|| We'll bring the violence. ||
Ethan Blackbird

Character Info
Name: Ethan Blackbird
Alignment: LE
Race: Vampire/Diowolf
Class:
Silver: 1380
His turned slightly in order to make sure that the femme could see his crimson orbs roll. There was a slight smile on his maw. She was still the same feisty wolf he had known from long ago; it warmed his heart even if that was not really possible. The wolf pressed his forehead against her to take her scent in once more. She was really there, and that was the mantra he continued to hear in the back on his mind. The warmth that radiated off of her form continued to give him the confidence that life could continue in a prosperous direction. There had been nothing that had given him true hope of moving on with his existence. Ethan barely could admit to himself that he had stopped trying to do anything worthwhile.

Shame washed over him as she questioned him further. There had been no hope in him to even take the chance to look for the others. It had been an utter disaster when DaeLuin fell. Time had to pass before he had been able to figure out what had happened and where he was. Disorient mind was an understatement on his state at the beginning. ”When I finally was able to come to terms with what had happened, I did search for you. When nothing came to fruition, I halted efforts. There was no reason for me to continuing with the others.” His voice trailed off. He had disappointed Isleen, and he knew that it was deserved. Ethan would never point out the differences between them. His love was a wolf; a pack animal that had a loving family surrounding her always. Ethan had taken on the attributes of the vampire half of his blood that had frightened his family. Having the Goddess of Death as his mother, and terrifying her with his abilities had finally driven him from the temple. It had taken the informal adoption of Azrail for him to finally feel normal. Being a vampire was what he was good at and knew well. Being a wolf had been a mere dream until Isleen had helped him change. The vamp had thought there would have been more joy in obtaining what had been chased after for so long. What he did know was that he could be by Isleen again.

”I understand. You are right.” His response was simple and sincere. He should have tried harder to find Isleen. He should have attempted with Teu and the children. Even with Kiba, he should have made the attempt to find his cousin. ”We will search for them. I have more resources now that I have acclimated with the world. Some connections in the realm to find them if they are here.”

The paired wolves stood next to one another. Ethan felt odd upon his four legs, but it was becoming familiar once more. He stretched out his back to feel the muscles ripple over the new skeleton shape. Claws cut into the earth in an effort to experiment with what control he could have over them. ”There is a town nearby for us to go to. I have a room there that tends to be left open for me to us. The food is delicious, and they are accommodating to other tastes.” His cranium lowered for his ears to pin back against his neck as she began to playfully indicate a hunt. A grunt was given in response while running after her.

Wind kicked up and Ethan remembered the feel of it through his fur again. It was a comforting feel. Wolven eyes glanced over to his side for Isleen’s sleek form running alongside him. Everything felt as if it were falling into their proper place. No, it was not in their original home, but it was enough. Ethan gave a small yip at his partner to turn towards a small grove. Keen orbs focused ahead to see a rabbit eating its evening meal. Little time and effort was needed for his large jaws to clamp around the creatures neck and snap it. He held the dead animal in his mouth to offer it to Isleen to eat for nourishment.