Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Umbral Depths > Notes in the Dark [p:r]
Chalky

Character Info
Name: Cha'Kwe'Tza
Alignment: None
Race: Reptilian
Class: Sacred Guardian
Silver: 639
[Sorry for the wait]

Agreeing with the Drow , Cha'Kwe'Tza attempted to blow a smoke ring as the trio set off, but it dissolved before it got more than a few inches from his mouth. Taking up a position in the rear, the Reptilian was relatively content to remain mostly quiet and listen to the chatter between the Human and Drow as his language skills still weren't very fluent. Soon enough, the group came to a split in the path, and Moliira conjured a pair of elementals to scout ahead for them. Leaning against a wall, Cha'Kwe'Tza took in what he could about this box.

As Harrison had stated his curiosity, so too did Cha'Kwe'Tza, "Yes, what is in this cursed box?" If the contents of this box were so dangerous, they had a right to know. Cha'Kwe'Tza also asked, "What guards it?" In his mind, something that seemed as powerful as this box was made out to be should be guarded by something particularly nasty and he wanted to know what it was before they ran blindly into it.
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
[Apologies for my delay too, work has been NUTS.]

Perhaps his goal could be accomplished, and Moliira found herself enjoying the pirate's company.  Chalky was a quiet, hulking presence, only offering words when it seemed necessary.  But both were cautious and watchful, though their questions showed her that they still had a bit to learn.  "It is rumored that the box was created by human hands, a woman with an interest in things beyond this world.  What comes from it is not human.  Put into the proper configuration, it can… summon beings.  Beings that would take both of you to their world.  And it is highly likely you would not return.  At least not in any recognizable form," she said, her voice losing any pretense of mirth.  Moliira knew a little more about the box than she was letting on just now, but she did not want to draw their curiosity any further to the box.

She shook her head at the question of something guarding it, Moliira knew how it had gotten to the depths.  "It was stolen, from a drow priestess in fact.  She came to me, thinking I would help her regain her treasure.  But a priestess of all people should know how mercurial the gods can be," Moliira said with a laugh.  There was no cruelty in her voice, only amusement.  That particular priestess was still waiting in Maral'hal, and the Huntress had yet to decide just how to deal with the woman.

The first elemental returned from the right hand path, coiling itself around her arm.  It seemed to be a small mass of air, forming itself into a serpent while it was close to its Mistress.  There were tiny flecks of dust floating in the creature, making it more visible.  "No one has traveled that way for many weeks, so I doubt that is our path.  The box was stolen only a fortnight ago," she said, starting down the other path.  Instead of a water-carved path, they were now descending stairs now, ones that had been carved by dwarvish hands.  The runes glowed a gentle orange, offering an easy means of seeing the stair's edges.  "This is an old mine, though the dwarves abandoned it when the minerals ran out.  I'm not sure what dwells here now," she said, her voice low.