Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Umbral Depths > Notes in the Dark [p:r]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
While she had been in the city, Moliira had gathered a few useful little items.  And she had left notes in a few interesting places.  It remained to be seen just who would find them, but the drow had confidence it would be interesting.  And she could certainly use at least one more pair of hands, though two would be better.  It would take some time to get to the location that she had in mind, and Moliira hoped that her helpers would be strong enough of mind to survive those depths.

she waited patiently outside of the city, idling chatting with one of the dwarvish sentries.  She was a dark skinned creature with red eyes, and felt a certain kinship with the drow.  And the conversation was giving Moliira some very useful information.  Some of the dangers she already knew of, but the more recent information would likely come into play later.  Glancing to the gates of the city as they opened once more, she wondered if this was to be her help.

Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
Harrison had finally gotten his ship and was slowly acquiring a crew to work upon his ship. So far his work was successful but he would need to work a little harder to gain more men under his command. Or perhaps if he were lucky perhaps he would employ a woman or two. That brought a grin to his face as he walked around Canelux, searching for an entrance to the Umbral Depths. Rumor had it the entrances were scattered around the continent, but there was no way that it would be that simple. The dashing rogue paused for a moment as he tried to consider where he would move next, it would be a shame if he didn't find this entrance. If he were able to find any kind of treasure down here perhaps it would sway someone to join his crew. After all, if he were able to accomplish something like that on his own, imagine what he could do with a full crew behind him. Captain Jones grinned to himself again as his eyes spotted a narrow entrance into some rock that the path slanted down. The light from the daytime quickly evaporated as he glanced further down the tunnel. “Well, now or never I suppose.”

The rogue lit his lantern as he couldn't see in the dark and then began to venture down in the depths beneath the land. His blue eyes examined the walls and kept an eye on the floor as well. The path twisted and turned as he walked through everything, but so far his feet found their place and there were no creatures in sight or to be heard. He had heard that magic was known to go wild in some places, and it was then he was glad as he wandered through that he didn't have a lick of magical talent. The rogue hooked the lantern onto his hook and used his other hand to guide himself down. It would seem that he spotted something on the floor. “What have we here?” He crouched down and picked up the piece of parchment. It was a piece of parchment that had been tossed aside, but it looked like a request for aid. It wasn't so much the request that surprised him, but rather who was looking for help. The one searching for help was Moliira, the Storm Wolf and Huntress. That was the most intriguing part of this whole thing.

Harrison continued his trek further into the depths until he was sure he would never see light again. It was then he came upon a gated Dwarven settlement. They halted him and asked what he was doing, Harrison quickly explained. His tongue was silver enough to convince them to let him in to at least look for who had left the note. The pirate then swaggered through the gates and then he saw a woman who was standing talking with the sentries, her head turned to him as he walked through. The rogue gave her a dashing smile, though he was sure that some of his charm was lost in the crushing darkness of the place. He walked over to her with a certain confidence, he gave her a broad grin. “My name is Captain Harrison Jones, I have found your call for aid and am more than able and willing to help you in getting what you need, Moliira.” With that the rogue politely bowed to her and came up with that ever present grin.

Tell me, how many others do you expect to come to your aid?”

[Made by Brittlez]

Chalky

Character Info
Name: Cha'Kwe'Tza
Alignment: None
Race: Reptilian
Class: Sacred Guardian
Silver: 639

Standing at a split in the path ahead, Cha'Kwe'Tza peered as far into the darkness as the light from the torch in his left hand would allow, a shimmering web of faint white dancing across the walls as the fire reflected from the crystalline armour he had worn. Clawed feet clicking softly on the ground, the large Reptilian warrior took the path to the right. It didn't take too long before Cha'Kwe'Tza had the feeling that he was descending ever deeper into the ground, which was good. If the stories were true, then there should be great treasures somewhere in the darkness ahead that he wanted to take for himself. It had been too long since he had dedicated serious time to the mission that had originally brought him to Canelux.

Left hand holding his torch aloft, Cha'Kwe'Tza kept his right just slightly in front of himself. He wanted to be ready to reach for one of the weapons that were slung from his belt, or to at least be able to strike an immediate threat. A scuttling noise from ahead brought the barbaric looking warrior to a halt. Although not loud, Cha'Kwe'Tza could hear the source of the movement approaching. Setting the torch on the ground and retreating a few steps, the warrior drew his stone sword and the enchanted dagger gifted to him by Rhylana, opting to leave his axe in its loop. From the far side of the torch's pool of light came a trio of short, deformed creatures. All were humanoid, but albino in colouring. The on in front seemed to be sniffing the air, and looking in every direction it could twist it's scrawny neck.

As he was about to lurch forward in a surprise charge, Cha'Kwe'Tza realized that the creatures must be blind. All three had stared straight at where he stood motionless and had done nothing. However, they certainly seemed to be tracking him as the sniffing got quicker and more persistent the closer they got to the scaled warrior. When they were just nearing the outer edge of arms reach, Cha'Kwe'Tza coiled up and took the three by surprise in quick and violent fashion, sword smashing through bodies and dagger searing flesh. Taking a moment to observe the carnage, Cha'Kwe'Tza took a quick moment to take a trophy before retrieving his torch and moving on.

Not long after his little ambush, Cha'Kwe'Tza rounded a corner and saw that there were lights ahead. Thinking that perhaps this was one of the settlements that he had heard of, the large warrior moved closer so that he could properly see. A short walk brought him to where a gate was noticeable with a few guards standing out front. There were also a pair of people standing nearby as well, both taller than others, who Cha'Kwe'Tza now thought to be the Dwarven occupants. As he neared the gate, one of the Dwarves spotted him and called out, "Ho there warrior, what brings you here and what is that you carry?" Stopping, Cha'Kwe'Tza looked down at the guard and then to the head he carried, holding it out, "Is my trophy. I kill three back there." The Reptilian then looked to the other two and shrugged his shoulders in the manner that he had seen many humans do. "Is there a problem?"
Moliira

Character Info
Studying the human for a moment, the drow smiled.  He seemed the confident, almost arrogant sort.  And that could be very useful indeed.  It seemed he had already gotten past the dwarves, who were quite suspicious, and a silver tongue would be a good thing.  "A pleasure, Captain.  Though you seem to be quite a distance away from the sea," she said with a slight grin.  Good, at least one of her notes had been found.  His attitude was refreshing, none of the bowing and scraping that sometimes came with her position.  Truth be told, she found it quite annoying.  "Only one more.  I need eyes beyond my own, and in the depths, sometimes eyes that are not accustomed to the dark can be quite valuable.  You may note things even I would miss.  Do you need to get supplies for traveling in the Depths?" Moliira explained with a chuckle. The question was important.  While Moliira could live off anything they found, humans tended to be much more… delicate.

Then something emerged from the darkness, and Moliira's hand dropped for a moment to one of the blades at her side.  But the reptilian creature didn't seem hostile, and she let the dwarves handle it.  He (she assumed) carried the head of a twisted albino, and he spoke well enough to be understood.  That was a good thing.  One of the dwarves nodded, and called back.  "Good, we have a bounty on them.  A moment, warrior," the male dwarf said.  He disappeared into the alcove, leaving Moliira the moments that she needed.  "Warrior, I would ask your help.  The human and I are seeking relics in the deeper parts of the world.  Your skills would be helpful.  What say you?" she asked.  The male dwarf reappeared, and offered the reptile a pouch of coins.  "Thank ye, the 'binos have been gettin' bolder lately," he said before sauntering back to his post.  The drow looked to the warrior, waiting on his answer.  She did hope he would help.

Harrison

Character Info

Harrison grinned a little more, “I am amply provisioned for the journey. If I hadn't found your note I would have been left exploring this place on my own.” The dashing rogue sounded pleased to have someone to travel with. He had to be successful in his mission this evening, or was it still daylight out? He scratched at his chin as he considered that possibility when someone else approached them carrying some dead things. So there were creatures down here, well that made things all that much more interesting. His blue eyes looked at the lizard man creature that had emerged carrying the trophies to be traded in for silver. While it was a nice start, Harrison was glad he had been lucky to avoid those things, no need to wear himself down early for the trip.

While the creature certainly was less attractive in the flicker of his lamp light, there was certainly no need for Harrison to be rude to it. “I'm Captain Harrison Jones.” He said to the creature and gave a small wave, anything beyond that was reserved for wonderful women that he came across. The rogue touched his chin and watched the pair as they waited to see if this lizard man or woman would be tagging along on their little adventure for treasure.

[Made by Brittlez]

Chalky

Character Info
Name: Cha'Kwe'Tza
Alignment: None
Race: Reptilian
Class: Sacred Guardian
Silver: 639

As the Dwarf in front of Cha'Kwe'Tza collected the head and moved away, one of the two standing nearby called out to him. It seemed that the Drow and human were on a similar mission to his own. Opening a large scaly hand, Cha'Kwe'Tza collected the coins given by the short man and deposited them in the pouch on his side. Stepping near one of the torches, Cha'Kwe'Tza looked at the Drow and the Human, "Relics you say? What kind of relics?" Hand finally grasping the target of its search in the pouch, Cha'Kwe'Tza pulled forth a small wooden box, from which he withdrew a narrow roll of pipe leaves. Lighting the end in the torch, the warrior stuck the roll in his teeth, a small amount of pleasant smelling smoke drifting out of his maw.

Moving closer to the pair, Cha'Kwe'Tza tried to keep about arms length. The last group of humans he had a lit roll near were none too pleased with him, and the encounter almost ended in blows. Nodding to the human introduced as Captain Jones, Cha'Kwe'Tza pressed his left fist against his chest and gave a slight nod, "Captain, I am Cha'Kwe'Tza. You may say Chalky." Looking to the Drow, he continued, "I will join you. If…the…the cut is even." There were some relics he would pass over, trinkets and baubles the High Priests had enough of for Aeons. Anything that showed a promise of power though, he would try and recover for certainty.
Moliira

Character Info
So the human was prepared, that was good.  At least he was resourceful, it was something that Moliira admired.  "We will not be going far from the settlement, but we may be there for a day or two.  and I would not trust the water nor any food found in the caves.  At least not if I were you," she said with a chuckle.  The drow of course would know what was safe and what was not, though she would assume that not the same could be said for the human.  Most tended to underestimate just what was found in the depths. 

It seemed she had the attention of the lizard-man, and that was good.  His mere presence would likely be a deterrent to just about anything who would want to attack them.  Anything that did attack, they could likely all handle.  "Relics of ancient times, some are weapons, some are for defense only.  There is one that I seek, and the rest we can split.  Chalky, Harrison, is that a good deal to you both?" Moliira asked.  It was a fair deal, and there really was little that she actually wanted.

One the agreement was made, she had one other request for her pair of accomplices.  "I would only ask that you do you try and activate anything before I have a look at it.  The deep dwellers… we are not a trusting people.  I would hate to see either of you fall victim to one of our traps," she said with a cold smile.  Her expression made it clear that the traps found in such relics would be fatal for them.

Harrison

Character Info

Harrison nodded to the lizard man that was named Cha'Kew'Tza. It was then the idea of the cut being split evenly and Harrison chuckled a little but didn't say anything. This lizard man seemed to have his act together far more than Harrison had anticipated, but it also meant that he would be good to have for solving puzzles. Or at the very least have the brain capacity to know how to help when the situation arose that they would be in trouble. The rogue perked up when Moliira spoke up and he listened to what she had to say. So there was something specific that she wanted to retrieve and it would seem that Harrison and Chalky would be the ones to activate the traps. Well, Harrison had done this to men before, sending them before himself to test for traps and the lick, it would make sense that a Goddess would do the same as well.

Sounds like a solid plan, I am ready to move out when you are ready.” The dashing rogue gave the Goddess a smile and wink before he looked over to Chalky briefly and then towards the gate. He wondered what would lay before them as they explored deeper in to retrieve these treasures. Hopefully it would be enough for him to hire some more crew for his ship. A little silver to go along with a story was always something he found to be helpful. He looked back to the rest of the group and gave a smile as he waited.

[Made by Brittlez]

Moliira

Character Info
[Chalky asked me to skip him.]

So she had her little team together, which was a good thing.  "Come then, we have a bit of a hike ahead of us," Moliira said, her voice cheerful.  She was rather eager to get on with the trek.  Once they left the torchlights of the dwarvish settlement, Moliira conjured a bluish globe of light so the others could see their way.  It was the faerie fire that her people were famed for, and it often served as a warning for others to not attack.  For an hour, they walked, idly chatting and she spent part of the time explaining to the others about some of the dangers to be found in the Depths.

"But all that being said… I don't think we'll encounter a deep dragon.  They dislike dwarves and their diggings," the drow said with a chuckle.  They came to a split in the path, and she tilted her head to one side.  She flicked her wrist, sending a pair of elementals down the tunnels.  Both were made of wind, and could barely be seen in the fae light, but they also moved quickly and mostly unseen.  "What I am searching for is a box… it appears to be made of wood and chased with gold.  It looks like a puzzle box, but for the love of all you hold dear, do NOT try to open it," she explained while they waited.  It was critical that neither of the mortals touched that box.  Whomever did was compelled to try and open it, which tended to lead to dire consequences.  Unless of course, you knew the correct configuration. 

Harrison

Character Info
[Same]

Harrison looked at her a little strangely when she said they had a bit of a hike ahead of them. As they walked Harrison talked about the crew he was building and how he figured he could recruit some more men if he had a tale of him bringing something from the Umbral Depths. The lantern he held on his hook continue to provide extra light in addition to the faerie fire, he wasn't all that worried about someone sneaking up on him. Harrison seemed a little relieved that there wouldn't be any dragons that they would run into. “Well, that's a relief, I don't think I was equipped to fight a dragon, but is anyone really?”

She then flicked some elementals down the two paths that diverged in front of them, interesting trick. Harrison was sure he would have liked to learn that but he wasn't magically inclined at all. He glanced over to Moliira when she spoke of the thing she was looking for. A wooden box that had gold on it what was more interesting was that she said it was a puzzle box and Harrison looked at her curiously. “I suppose I'll ask rather than try and open it later on then: What happens if I were to open this puzzle box?” Harrison asked her, he touched his hand to the wall as they waited for the elementals to return. “What is so terrible that it would hide in a wooden box?”

[Made by Brittlez]