Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Disembarking into a...pub
PhoxyGamer

Character Info
Name: Ameris Viksri
Alignment: CG
Race: Kitsune
Class: Rogue
Silver: 352
Her hair bristled as much as it could with the added weight of its length. Sometimes she wished she only dealt with people in her other form. If she were on all fours this pig-headed pretty boy would know that he was working his way closer and closer to being bitten. 

We both know it is water. I do not know this Now-ata of whom you speak. She kicked the ending K out with a snarl. Then she took a breath. This was going nowhere. He clearly was disturbed by her presence, or rather the reason for her presence. He was definitely in denial about something, and he wasn't going to believe her if she just kept snapping at him. Maybe talking about things that they had in her dreams would help convince him.

Is Kosen doing better with your father leaving than you are? You had told me that was bothering you. Or at least dream you did. Thinking that through after she said it she realized that maybe that was more creepy and threatening than it was reassuring. She bit her lip in frustration why was she constantly putting her paw in the trap. 

Look I came here because you have been in my dreams every night for a month and I was compelled to come to this tavern. Then not an hour after the ship I am on docks and I walk into this establishment you walk in. I don't worship anyone but mother moon, and if she has taught me anything it is that I should trust my instincts and my instincts are telling me that there is something that you need to hear. 

Kagayaki

Character Info
Name: Kagayaki
Alignment: LG
Race: Light Elemental
Class: Clergy
Silver: 278
His eyes wandered down to his own glass, wondering if maybe his tolerance was starting to wane after all. And yet his head felt normal. When she mentioned his twin's name, however, he quickly jerked his head up to attention. His eyes narrowed down, an instant shock of protective instinct rushing through him. Not that Kosen needed his protection, but still: this girl was, for all he knew, a stranger, and was throwing his sister's name around like they were old friends.

He stilled his tongue before he could snap something at her, there was always the chance that she knew Kosen on her own but…No, if she did, then there'd be even more familiarity when she'd seen him. The corners of his lips turned down into a light grimace at that term: father. Naota was not like a father, he was…He wouldn't allow himself to think it. Such thoughts had crossed his mind before, in his earlier years, and he'd done well to snuff them out.

Still, the similarities, while not spot on, were close enough that he decided not to walk away. This could very well be a set up, it wouldn't be the first time it happened in a tavern. "All right then," he conceded.

"If you're having such dreams about me, I can at least assure you that it isn't truly me that's in them," he still decided to keep the fact that he could share dreams with others to himself.

"It almost sounds like oracle work but…" his voice drew out as he surveyed her again. There was something off about her, something he couldn't quite put his finger on. "Since you only have loyalty to the moon, it's unlikely you're an oracle. At least, not one for any of Revaliir's deities," he said.

Not to mention that Naota had never taken on an oracle, but who else would be sending her in his direction? Things fell into place too easily, and yet they didn't work together at all. It was a frustrating paradox that he found himself now being entangled in.

"What are your instincts telling you now?" he asked in a quieter tone.

(( Hey demons, it's me, ya boi Anton :D ))
PhoxyGamer

Character Info
Name: Ameris Viksri
Alignment: CG
Race: Kitsune
Class: Rogue
Silver: 352
Luckily she had put a great deal of time into practicing her glamour, otherwise, her strong animalistic sense of preservation would have dropped the power she was diverting to her guise and funneled it into whatever she would need to escape the powerful and seemingly threatened being in front of her. Despite her illusion, she still felt her ears flatten to her head and her tail move to cover her unprotected midsection. She caught herself before she bared her neck; which her glamor would not have hidden and which, even without heightened instincts, the man would interpret as the sign of weakness that it was. 

Her instincts were telling her that she had like, a newborn kit, walked boldly and without care into the sight of a predator that she had no hope of defending herself from. Mentioning the name Kosen had made the man's body react in a way that if he had hackles they would have been raised. His look of disgust at her use of the word father confused her. She was unsure if it was disgust at the term, the person it represented, or both. 

His stare as he asked her to share her thoughts made her feel pinned to the stool she was on. Quickly, or what she hoped was quickly,  she looked from him to the exit. Judging how long it would take her to make it to the freedom beyond the door she said;
I sense that you are lost, which based on what I've observed in my dreams makes sense. I understand that feeling and recently came to understand that it is alright to feel unsure; what is not acceptable is to linger in that pitiful emotion. It is important to throw yourself, mind and spirit into finding your way again. You must meditate on a solution not wallow in your problems. 

Having said that she placed money on the counter, nodded her head at the gentleman giving him a quick good day and made her way for the door as fast as she could without looking like a skittering rabbit.