Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Is there Truble.
Vinsue2

Character Info
Name: Aqua Aura
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragon
Class: explorer
Silver: 901
Aqua was in human form as she walked into the tavern. Her hood was up covering her hair but that did not hide her face or the discomfort she had with the place. Her true reason for being here was to see what her mom has been up to, but Holding a human form was not eassy but a couple hours would be doable. 

She had found some coin on her way in which she thanked a dragons luck for it and the safety of not getting the pay or scram that came with the lack of coin. She sat at a table and listened for any news of silvertail or the port she claimed.

Once a waitress came by she ordered a thing of catfish and wanted. As far as she could tail no one was from that port. That said it did look like a captain vas verry ticked of at something. What was a good question but she knew not to talk but listen from the shadows.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Evridiki

Character Info
Name: Evridiki Iseult
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Angel
Class: Vigilante
Silver: 63
Evridiki was usually not one to be found in rough and rowdy bars such as the Winking Mermaid. For one, she did not particularly like the taste of ale, and her wings tended to attract plenty of unwanted attention. When she entered, she had just been searching for Captain 'Skip', as the sailors on the ship had said they called him. The bartender pointed her in the direction of a table by the wall, and she went and sat with him. At first, the conversation had gone fairly smoothly. Skip spoke of his travels, explaining how he came to be in Adeluna, and Evri responded with her own anecdotes.

Then, she told him why she was looking for him. Evidently, the captain had looted the smaller boat of an elderly elf, who in turn had requested Evri to track him down and bring back the stolen items. This accusation obviously did not sit well with Skip, who was becoming increasingly more hostile with the intake of ale. Briefly, the half-angel took note of a strange hooded woman entering the bar and sitting near them, then she turned her attention back to the captain. "Listen, I won't ask for every single item back, but I expect enough silver to compensate for what's missing," she offered in a hushed voice, trying to subdue him. 

"Compensate? For that dingy ol' ship?!" Skip replied, raising his voice and attracting more attention. "And why should I listen to you, anyways? I got a port to sail out to, lady, and you ain't keepin' me from it!"

Vinsue2

Character Info
She listened to there conversation long enough for her to know the man was a destructive theif with a ship and attitude problem. A pirate do to set sail likely to mom's port. A quick glance around showed that he was likely to be the only one that may have knowledge that could help. That said she would not help a pirate but there are other ways to hide information than pain or earning it.

Aqua picked up her plate, got up and walked over to the table were the action was going to happen. She nodded to the winged woman then placed her food on the table and sat down not caring if they wanted her there or not. "Simple you listen to her because she works with me and I with Silvertail." Aqua stated as she then bit into the fried fish. Silvertail was a name well known around pirates and slavers. All knew her and eather feared her or wanted her dead. 

Aqua was normally shy but knew how to get her wants without bloodshed. How the man replied would tell her a lot. And if lucky she could help the girl and get the information she needed as she was trained to do.

Evridiki

Character Info
Tensing up at the sudden appearance of the stranger, Evridiki narrowed her eyes and defensively reached a hand under the table to feel her sword. Skip, it seemed, recognized the name 'Silvertail', and fearfully sat back down, chuckling nervously. "Eheh… No need to get your boss involved, kid," he assured her, running a palm across his forehead. Evri quizzically raised an eyebrow, studying the woman more closely now.

She seemed different; not fully human, at the very least. Perhaps a shifter, or a dragon in human form? Probably the latter, she thought. Satisfied with her conclusion, the half-angel snapped her attention back to the cowering captain. "Right. Now, you are going to take me to your ship and give me what I want. After, of course, you give my associate what she needs." For now, she would play along with the ruse the woman had started, though she disliked obtaining justice through dishonesty. But she was curious to know more of her boss. With a scowl, the captain nodded in compliance, hastily drinking his glass of ale.

"So… what exactly is your relationship with Silvertail, Skip?" she asked, trying to seem casual. Her acting was atrocious, but Skip didn't seem to notice the odd behavior. He simply shook his head, refusing to answer. Evri turned to the woman, hoping she would have more success in persuading him.

Vinsue2

Character Info
Aqua smiled at his reaction which told her mom was fine or that captain skip knew less then her. Eather way she had all the information she needed from him. "Skip. I say we get going before more of us get here." She said moving as if she was standing up. He may not catch the woman's unease or poor acting but she did.

It would be fun to here his story about her mom but for this to work they had to do this before he got suspensions or sober. Aqua stopped and looked at him. "On the other hand I do want to finish my food. If you tell the story I am sure that my friends will not cause you more headaches."

Aqua knew if he had ran into Silvertail he would have her mark branded into his chest. And if that's the case he may have tried to take her down. She may have shank his ships or destroyed his bounty and freed his captives. What ever the case he was not wanting to tell. He was for sure not one that works with Silvertail but agents her. 

As of all she had said none was tecknicly a lie because she was now working with the woman and she has worked with Silvertail. As of people they were always coming into the bar and there was no telling who would come in.

"It's up to you skip we can go or you can answer her questions."

Evridiki

Character Info
Evri was impressed with how she easily handled the situation, coming up with an excuse to leave the tavern and get Skip to tell his story. Although, this did raise some suspicions about her, causing the half-angel to become increasingly cautious of her newfound ally. Reluctantly, the captain stood and motioned his head toward the exit. As Evridiki followed, she kept her eye dutifully on the woman beside her.

"So, you never mentioned your name, comrade," she muttered in a hushed voice, so Skip could not hear the conversation. She made a point not to give her own name; if she didn't fully trust the woman, then why would she? Of course, she realized, that could also be the reason the woman made no mention of her identity, which was understandable.

They left the tavern, headed for the docks. "We're a trading crew. Carry supplies an' deliver to merchants," the captain explained, waving a hand flippantly to one average-looking ship. Evri's red eyes seemed to glow as they studied the boat. It was extremely underwhelming for someone who talked so confidently. Rubbing his face, Skip went on. "Silvertail ain't a fan of some of our buyers, so she likes to target us." The last few words were said with spite, and he raised a hand to his chest. From her point of view, he was an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of some bad blood.

Her gaze darted to the woman for some clarification. Was her boss the type to attack others who simply interacted with her enemies? She quickly gave her attention back to the captain. "What about the items you stole?" He shook his head dismissively. "Sold most of 'em. But I'll give you the silver I got, if you'll leave me alone."

Vinsue2

Character Info
"I have many names and what you call me is up to you" Aqua thought back using telepathy. "You have yet to tell your name" Aqua than looked back at Skip as he led them to his ship and told a story. She was quick to recognize his lies or half lies. But she had to give him some credit since he was particularly drunk and his lies were not something someone that knew nothing of Silvertail could tell without magic.

"Skip I thought we had a deal. You were to tell the true story between you and Silvertail. She don't mess with thriving sailors." She spoke as she crossed her arms. "Everyone knows she only destroys slaver ships and property to discharge people from doing it after she freed the captives. Everyone knows she only attacks when her alias are trapped or in danger. And everyone knows she prefers not to hurt anyone unless…" Aqua tilted her head than smiled as she realized why he was so evasive in his answers. "Everyone knows she only marks those that challenge her and loose. May I ask how many of your crew you had with you when you attacked her?"  

When he reached to his chest she realized what he had done like she said only those that attack and lose get the mark. 

Evridiki

Character Info
Aqua. Interesting name, but she'd have time to consider it later. Now, Evridiki was simply distrustful of everyone around. They both seemed to be involved in shady business, though she supposed she would fare better siding with the woman. Skip's scowl twisted up into a cocky smirk. "'Bout as many as I've got to catch you two," he replied to her question, quickly letting out a shrill whistle. Evri heard the chains rattle before they were thrown down, allowing her to fly out and grab hold of them. With two flaps of her wings she was behind the captain, wrapping him tightly in his own chains.

Four others jumped off the ship, two men and two women, all with either a cutlet or a dagger. The half-angel unsheathed her own sword and held it to Skip's neck, dissuading the others from attacking for the time being. "How shameful. What were you thinking, Skip? Were you looking for another fight with the boss?" she scolded, her red eyes dull with anger. 

Grunting as he struggled against the chains, the captain responded. "You have any idea how much angels go for on the market?" Evridiki's sword lit up in flames, causing the man to recoil. "An' who knows? If you really are one of Silvertail's minions, maybe I coulda cut a deal with her." The amount of holes in his logic were too many to count. He really was just pathetic, and she was getting sick of people thinking they could sell her.

Vinsue2

Character Info
The whistle was the same as the one her mother used when aqua was just a child. A whistle that ment her to attack. Her eyes would go black for a few seconds as she struggled not to turn full on scales and fire. She would rais her staff in a protected stance tell her eyes returned to normal giving her full control of her body once again. For the whole time between the whistle and the captain's words of market and angel, aqua had no clue what had happened but was quick to recover and laughed at his last statement. "You are stupider than I thought skip. Death comes to those that capture or kill her men." 

She then realised that the man was chained and that there were other people on his crew she stepped back looking at the crew. Aqua was not a fighter in any form unless she completely lost control in a blackout rage to save her and or her friends, and when that happens all attackers end up dead unless she is again in control but that would not happen right now. She had her staff ready to attack but did not move.

Evridiki

Character Info
"I'll cut you a deal, captain," Evridiki whispered into Skip's ear, jerking him upright to show him off to the rest of his crew as a warning. Her sword was engulfed in flames as she inched the blade closer to his neck. "You give me enough silver to buy back every single item you stole, and tell us where you're heading…" Her hand slowly began heating the chains, causing the man to wince in pain. "…Or you pay with the lives of your entire crew, while you live to watch me remove your limbs one by one." Apparently, the captain had some common sense after all, because he began whimpering like a scolded dog. 

"B-back down, men! List'n to these lovely ladies, give 'em whatever they want." The other sailors exchanged confused glances, but lowered their weapons, clumping together next to the ship. Evri smirked, a renewed confidence burning in her eyes while the flames dissipated from her sword. "There's a good boy," she mocked, ignoring the numerous glares she was receiving from the rest of his crew. "One of you lads be a dear and fetch me one thousand silver pieces." One of the men scoffed at her, but he did as he was told after a piercing glance from Skip. Pathetic. The half-angel roughly tossed the captain at Aqua's feet. 

"Evridiki. Nice to meet you."