Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > A New Land [O, R?]
Lirin

Character Info
Name: Lirin Amber Vendethiel
Alignment: LN
Race: Elvish
Class: Vampiric Huntress
Silver: 194
Why did it seem not so long ago that she was in a new land? It was sixteen years ago when she first opened her eyes and found herself lost some unfamiliar place. When Lirin finally awoke, she was awashed with a sense of deja vu. Everything was unfamiliar once more. The vampire had found herself on a beach, her clothing sticking to her in the most uncomfortable way, sand felt in every crevice of her body.

Fortunately, her meager belongings she had grabbed before leaving the previous land had washed ashore with her, still neatly in her pack, if a bit water logged. Sapphire orbs were wide with weariness as she walked along the beach. Ahead was what appeared to be a sprawling city, no doubt fit to burst with its people. That is where she would start. Lirin needed to wash the salt and sand out of her hair and clothing, and figure out if this was even the right land.

As she made it near, Lirin was recalling the storm her vessel had been caught in. Sailors fought to keep the ship under control in the turbulent waters. How had she went overboard? She couldn't recall. Spying some sailors, Lirin followed them to what appeared to be a tavern. A mermaid winked down at all who entered, and the laughter, clinking of glass, music, and loud merriment could be heard from where she stood. Was it a wise idea to enter?

Holding her head up high, Lirin entered, and already regretted her decision. Booze, unwashed bodies, food, and other aromas assaulted the nose. While the merriment was indeed louder, Lirin could hear something else that called to her: the heart beats of three or four dozen people. Clenching her teeth, Lirin made a slow and deliberate beeline to the bar, waving to a server.

"Your lands, what are they called? And where can I clean up?" When was the last time she fed? There was strain in her voice, even she could hear it, for it took much effort to try and ignore the ever persistent need.

Ha Neul

Character Info
Name: Ha Neul
Alignment: TN
Race: Reanimation
Class: Soldier
Silver: 2521
The chiming sounds of alcohol filled glasses being toasted together, drunken shouts for request orders, obnoxiously off-tuned attempts to sing songs of the sea, and animistic and barbaric like merriment and joy; These were the sounds the highly popular and populated tavern in Adeluna. These activities however, were not what Ha Neul was quite here for. Past the obnoxious excuses for a song, and drunken merriment, there were other voices to be heard; the voices of rumors, the voices that spoke stories and legends of this land, both new and old. If one stayed enough hours, and payed enough attention, they would eventually find a multitude them. Taverns were not only a place of drunken rabble, but also a vast treasure trove of information and insight. Many stories were simply exaggerated lies, with an intention of boasting ones achievements over the crowd, whether those achievements were actually real or not. Others were tales filled with delusions of an unstable mind, whether by mental instability, or due to the effects of too much alcohol. However, other stories were valuable insight of the world, news from far distant lands, awaiting adventures and investigations, precious opportunities of gain. As the hours passed, the crowds of old would eventually leave, while crowds of new entered and took their place. If you stayed long enough, you also would eventually begin to hear the same or similar tales, simply from different mouths and different point of views. These similarities greatly helped in the deduction of fable from truth. However, the most interesting of these stories and gossips, were the legends. For most people around these parts, legends were simply fairytales for the interest of overly imaginative children, or the entertainment from the bards, passed down through generations and generations of long oral tradition. Every legend however, had its source somewhere. For legends commonly do not survive merely due to their poetic aspects alone, but also because in every legend, lies some sort of truth, however small. It was truth, which Ha Neul was here looking for. 

Sitting in an isolated round table in the back of the tavern, Ha Neul had strategically stationed her chair towards the direction of the tavern door. The reason for this, was so she could see the newcomers that entered the tavern, and those that eventually left the tavern. Another new face entered. A female. This face, however, did not have to attire and look of the common and numerous sailors of the tavern, nor the look of the common city folk looking to have a good time. No, she looked rather..'washed up'. She needed no booze it seemed like, for she already had seemed to have a sort of 'party' of her own already in the sea, before she'd even stepped foot into this tavern, based on the way her appearance looked. Ha Neul's eye followed the new figure, as she made her way to bar,

"Your lands, what are they called? And where can I clean up?"
Her eyebrow rose at the newcomers statement. Just as she had thought from her outer appearance, "Newcomer…" Ha Neul mumbled
Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
It had been a while since she stepped into the lands of Canelux. Most of the time the Volkovs terrorized Parvpora and felt more at home in the city of Kurayo. Pink hair snuggled into the shoulder of the large male at her side. Her crimson eyes looked up at him and she smirked just a bit. “We’re only passing through my love. I am sure the scum that attacked me is long gone from here by now.” She lifted her hand up and ran it down his cheek. She knew he hated this city for the attack that had happened on her.

She snuggled his arm into her bosom as she tried to make him feel better about all of this. “Maybe a taste of the local cuisine will make you feel better?” Hearing the merriment of the tavern she opened the doors and brought him inside. “A little drink before we have fun might do us a bit of good.” She chuckled a bit.

Her ears twitched just a bit as she picked up on the girl. “This place is called Revaliir and you are on the continent of Canelux.” Celeste left Nemesis’s side just for a moment. “You don’t sound so good, child.” There was an air to Celeste that made her seem so much older than she appeared. “You can probably get cleaned up upstairs if you had the coin.”

Celeste was all about helping those who could maybe help her. “You look and sound terrible though… Nemesis, My Love can we get food for this poor thing? It wasn’t so long ago when it was I who was new to the world.” Oh, but it was… Wasn’t it?

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Back in the old realm, he had loathed a city known as Mooncrest. It stood among a foundation of filthy and disgusting lies, a lot of which he saw the inner workings of for himself. This Adeluna was no different as he could tell. It held the same seedy taverns, the lecherous streetwalkers and a system of government that stood on the ashes of corruption. All in all, he perhaps hated the city even more than Mooncrest for what happened to his dear wife when some beast attacked her. He cared little if the attacker was from here or not- there had been no justice done in her name and if he had his way, he would have tore the city asunder.

Even now, he was more agitated that he set foot here than he ever been in centuries anywhere else. The hairs on the back of his neck could stand to prove that as he attempted to control his temper. “Their disappearance means little. These leeches have only Angela to thank for me not gracing them with my wrath. There would be more bodies on the streets and they wouldn’t be breathing, that’s for sure.” He cared little to stay here and would prefer to leave as soon as possible. They were only here to get to their real destination and this was, unfortunately, the quickest way to Bohor. His hate for humans was already on the rise, but this place truly would bring out the worse in Nemesis.

When they came into the tavern, he looked disinterested in anything or anyone about, but Celeste was a creature of curiosity. Something he had told her many times would one day get her killed. Apparently there was a woman that she went to play mother with; it was a trait of hers that mildly annoyed the vaewolf had it not been because of past transgressions. He calmly approached his wife and looked onto the woman, and could tell she wasn’t human. She looked like she would be a tasty morsel. Towards his wife’s request, he simply gave her a wave of the hand, granting her such a whim though he wouldn’t have bothered himself. The city was a place of decay and everything in it would soon turn to rot anyway. If the girl had enough sense, she would make her way out of here like they would do.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Lirin

Character Info
There in the corner, in the shadows. How easy to go over, sit and allure her. To attempt to lead into a false sense of security. Lean in to kiss her neck, and gently sink my teeth into her tender flesh…

Lirin nearly jumped when someone behind her began to answer her questions. Revaliir? Then she was in the right set of lands, right continent. Sapphire orbs took in the pair before her. Striking white or pink hair, crimson eyes, they were truly more appealing to behold than the sailor riffraff they were surrounded by. Yet, the girl seemed much her own age. As a vampire, she knew looks were deceiving, and the young woman could be much more experienced with age, which was highly probable.

Still, as the woman approached, Lirin stiffened. She feared that she might loose control over herself for the first time in many years. With them standing so close, the heartbeats seemed to pound against her ears, demanding her attention, reminding her of the flow of everyone's blood. "Um… Thank you… But…" I require blood, not ale or stew. Was it her imagination or was her straining against her own nature and needs all the more obvious?

"I have some coin, but, I don't… Require conventional food…" Would that be enough to avoid suspicion from possible hunters? Even Lirin wasn't a fool to advertise her need for blood so blatantly.

Nonetheless, Lirin had learned in the last decade that manners typically made things easier, regardless of her thirst. "My name is Lirin Vendethiel… Obviously just arrived…"

Lirin took a long look at the two, judging them. One seemed quite helpful, motherly in a sense. The other had a desire of violence rolling off of him. Yet, perhaps… "I wonder… I have a situation besides meals… Could you help?" She only hoped they were trustworthy not to lead her astray.

Ha Neul

Character Info
An eyebrow of curiosity rose, as Ha Neul watched two new figures enter the tavern. They had a rather unique aura about them, that clearly distinguished them from all the other surrounding drunken rabble. She also took mental note of the newly appearing couple's rather peculiar hair colors, as well. Three unique figures in the same setting, at the same time; now there was an event to behold that greatly drew Ha Neul's interest. She entertained herself with the thought of what interesting stories they might be carrying with them, wherever they hailed from.

Ha Neul's eyes followed the pinked haired figure, observing as she extended a kindness to the newcomer that was scarcely experienced in all of Adeluna; at least, not without some sort of self-benefiting….'motive' in mind from the provider. The majority of the time, that self-benefiting motive being robbery or kidnap. Sincerely kind souls seemed scarce to none in this realm. That was one thing Ha Neul had definitely picked up on in her time in this land. Remaining at her isolated spot within the tavern, Ha Neul continued observing the scene of unique figures and their conversation take place, among all the uninteresting dull-minded commoners and drunken sailors of the tavern.
"I have some coin, but, I don't… Require conventional food…" Her eyebrow rose again. To the average ear, that statement may have been overlooked. But to someone as observant as Ha Neul, one word in particular in that sentence stood out. 'Conventional' food. What does 'that' mean? Not only was it scarce in Adeluna to see sincere acts of kindness, but it was possibly even more scarce to see anyone turn down a free meal. The financial situation of the majority of citizens of this land didn't seem to be the most 'abundant', from what Ha Neul had observed thus far. Nobles seemed to stand quite high above everyone else, in terms in silver. She continued in her deep observance, looking to learn something of value, and perhaps even hear an interesting rumor or story.
Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
His wave of the hand was all she needed to begin her next pet project. Celeste was moving in on the little one with hardly any trouble at all. “Ahh,” there was a slight dark chuckle that left her lips as she understood what the girl needed. “Thank goodness you didn’t wash ashore in Kurayo. You poor thing, you would have been eaten alive. I can smell it on you. You and us… We’re the same fundamentally.” She told the girl in a whisper. “So we can help each other out.”

The girl had manners and that made Celeste sit by her side and rest her chin on her fist as she watched her with crimson eyes. “I’m Celeste Volkov and this darling man is my husband Nemesis. We’re from Kurayo across the sea on the other continent. We’ve only just arrived in Adeluna ourselves a few moments ago.”

Tilting her head of pale pink she took an interest in the woman’s words. “Perhaps we could help each other. What is it you need help with? A good deal with never created without knowing the insides of it all.” She lazily rolled her eyes up to Nemesis and smiled. “It’s almost time for dinner so why don’t you come with us? I’m sure we could find something all together. We can go into more details after we have had a fill. After all, if you are new you will need help understanding that Adeluna isn’t the safest place for people like us… and also.” Her eyes drifted up to Nemesis. “That they are one short mistake from being utterly destroyed should they insult my husband again. See a few months back,” she spoke as she leaned forward to whisper. “I got attacked by something of the eldritch nature and ended up stranded here. He wants to tear the place apart to look for it. We don’t so easily forget or forgive.”

She reached out to put her hand near the girl’s cheek. “Someone young like you shouldn’t be in Adeluna by yourself. It is a costly mistake. Too many dangers are around each corner… Though Kurayo might have been worse at least you wouldn’t be in danger… of being you.” She mused lightly. “We’re on our way out to a place called Bohar. You can stay with us if you wish.”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Lirin

Character Info
The stranger's words bounced around in her head. They were the same… The first people she ran into, and they were vampires… fundamentally. Was it fortune or fate that such a meeting occurred? Lirin followed Celeste with her eyes as she sat, her eyes widening with a surge of emotion at the introduction. Relief melted into disappointment which threw Lirin into a deep well of sadness.

Names of lands did not mean anything to the vampire, she just tucked the information away for later use. "You're not her…" Lirin's hoarse voice was soft, hesitant and fraught with grief. "I apologize. My travels have been… harrowing. A meal would be greatly appreciated, and then details about my problem." She was trying oh so hard to keep as many details bottled up, keep them to herself at least in such a place filled with greedy ears. Adeluna seemed to be full of vampire haters, from the sound of it. If they were to connect her Celeste with vampirism, then Lirin may very well be the cause of her sister's untimely death before she even had the chance to find her.

Celeste's hand on her cheek pulled Lirin out of the spiraling thoughts. Was this Celeste really that much older than herself? Slowly, Lirin nodded. "That may be best. Thank you, Celeste.. Nemesis…" Assuming that they were to be acquiring their meal elsewhere, Lirin stood and adjusted her pack. Unfortunately, the ocean must have had its tole on it as the strap broke, and several instruments were strewn across the tavern floor. "Fenehdis…" she swore, reaching for the first one as she watched a flute roll into the corner which housed the woman she imagined drinking from just moments ago. The flute, ivory with intricate ivy etched into a curling pattern, hit the woman's boots.

Apprehensively, Lirin stood, eyeing the woman wearily, clutching some waterlogged pages and her lute to her chest. All she could see was the flute being gifted to her on their sixteenth birthday. A huntress she may have been destined for, but Celeste knew her like none other.

Ha Neul

Character Info
In the midst of the conversation, Ha Neul found herself not only in a deep contemplation, but also in a deep bafflement. Not only was this not the quietest of places to be, but the obscurity of most of the phrases spoken made it quite difficult for her to connect everything into some logically sound explanation. They were all foreigners like her, she gotten that much; although that didn't really didn't require eavesdropping to figure out, anyways. From their outer appearance alone, they had proven themselves to be strangers to this city. The most talkative and open of the couple, spoke that they were both from a place called Kurayo, yet, it sounded like just another foreign name to Ha Neul. Everything was foreign here. To her, it was just a continent she had not yet visited, neither had a reason to visit. Still, it was always beneficial to educate oneself of the things of this realm. Therefore, later, deep reading in the library concerning this area would most likely be required. As the pinked haired female had begin to explain more clearer details, Ha Neul's intrigue began to rise to a peak, before becoming deeply disappointed as she noticed the woman lean in, in order to transition to a whisper, rendering it impossible for Ha Neul to hear the explanation. Eavesdropping could only get one so far, it seemed. She folded her arms, leaned back in her chair, and looked upward for a bit, trying to organize everything in her head.

'Kurayo', 'You and 'us'', 'Adeluna isn’t the safest place for people like us', 'conventional food'; what did it all mean? Additionally, there a denial of a free meal the first time, yet an acceptance of a meal the second time; a greatly appreciated acceptance at that. It simply made no sense. In contemplating all of this, Ha Neul could feel her head becoming a little hot, as it struggled to connect and organize all the clues and details she gathered so far. Another rare feeling came upon her in this process; a feeling of frustration. Such an inability to put things logically together, especially open gossip, was a situation that Ha Neul rarely came across in this tavern. Yet, everything was either just too strangely and obscurely worded, or too lacking in detail, in order for her to make clear sense of it all. They certainly had stories with them alright, yet their stories were ones of great secret it appeared.As the first newcomer stood, and began to adjust her pack to leave, Ha Neul had found herself again disappointed. It seems she'd be losing her rare opportunity of hearing interesting and even possibly valuable stories. Yet, in the midst of her disappointment, there appeared a beacon of hope, for something rather unexpected suddenly took place. The sea washed woman's strap suddenly broke, sending several items scattering across the tavern floor. One of these items, was on it's convenient way to Ha Neul herself. She watched rather nonchalantly, as the lost instrument made it's fated roll of destiny to her. As the object finally lightly clacked against Ha Neul's boot, and came to a complete stop, she continued to stare at, arms still folded, whilst observing the item. It was a flute, and a rather nice decorated one at that. After her pause of observation, Ha Neul's eyes eventually slowly shifted up from the flute at her foot, to its foreign owner; lute and waterlogged pages held in arms, and wearied faced. A stranded musician? No, it could not have been that simple. 'One of 'us'' couldn't have meant something as simple as a wandering musician. Additionally, though, this place was rather dangerous in general, since when did Adeluna ever become exceptionally dangerous for stranded musicians? There definitely must have been a deeper meaning to it all. Yet for now, in this moment, it seemed that that all this woman would just have to be was the wandering musician, until Ha Neul would be able to gather more specific details.

She continued to gaze at the girl with her nonchalant expression, that could have even been viewed as a sort of arrogance. Ha Neul continued this gaze at the wearied looking girl, even while she slowly leaned down to pick up the flute at her boot, and back up again. Upon picking up the flute, she leaned back in her chair again, the gaze continuing, while in her left hand she slowly twirled the flute around with her fingers. It looked like a tease of some sort.