Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Someone help! [Open,R]
RescueScribbles

Character Info
Name: Sylvia Roothearth
Alignment: LG
Race: Dracholmian sun elf
Class: Healing ranger/Seductress
Silver: 19
It was another day at adeluna city. Boats entered and exited the port carrying all sorts of goods ranging from weapons to food items. On one of the boats was a young female with gorgeous features in both her face and body. Deep crystal like green eyes and flowing blonde hairs were visible from under the hood she wore along with the feathers and beads hanging in her hair. She had a perfect hourglass figure, not that it would be exposed for too long as she draped her cloak over her body. She wandered through the city while suspiciously looking around her. More specifically she looked behind her every few seconds and upon noticing an armor she gasped and ran off while the men in armor chased her down. After a while she managed to shake them off and headed into a bar. Perhaps she could find bigshot mercenaries here that could help her… The bar was named the winking mermaid, she took a deep breath and entered the bar. Her figure immediatly got the attention of some of the men in the bar. She sat down by the bar and ordered a drink before starting to look around the bar with fearfull, big eyes. "I dont want to go back…" She muttered to herself. The truth was that she was fugitive from her home and the current rulers of her home were chasing her down. Right now she needed a companion, someone that coud watch her back while remaining here…

none yet lulz
Jesgil

Character Info
Name: Jesgil Yamar
Alignment: TG
Race: Draconian
Class: Maid for Hire
Silver: 561
It was not uncommon that Jesgil found herself doing more public works. After all, when short on coin, any job sounded good, and making deals with shop owners, typically mixing in a paycheck with temporary lodging. It worked out for them, considering they did not have to worry about quick training in handling customers as well as being served by a woman dressed as herself did add that occasional appeal to the customers. Still, the shop owner did give her permission to take care of those who dared harass her, to a certain extent at the very least.

While it was still midday, the tavern was surprisingly a bit busy, with customers coming and going, either seeking information or a pint of ale. "Jes," the bartender called out, using a quick short name before setting out a mug down on the counter. "Customer at Table 5." With a nod, the Draconian took the handle before quickly moving it to a serving plate before taking it over to a lonely help, resting within the pub with a cloak covering her details up.

"Here you are, ma'am," he told her, moving her drink from her plate to the table in front of Sylvia, giving her a sweet smile before stating, "If you need anything else, feel free to holler." Curling her arms around the platter, she began to head back before the door swung open once more, having Jesgil turn around, saying, "Welcome to the Winking Maid. Would you like to rest at the bar, or find yourselves a table?"

Who had appeared where three men in large, bulky armor. "We are not here for drinks," the center man assured her. "We are looking for a woman. Saw her head in here not too long ago."

"Well, you may need to be more specific, sir. I mean, I am a woman, myself, but I can guess I am not the one you seek. Are you going to be taking a job with this woman, soon?"

"That don't matter," the shorter one on his right shrilled. "Just bring us that elf!"

"Sorry, but you still need to be more specific…" It seemed if anything, Jesgil was buying time for something, or acting as a distraction…

RescueScribbles

Character Info
The young woman pulled her hood more over her face upon seeing the soldiers. It was obvious she was scared stiff of these people and as soon as she saw they were talking to someone else she got up and tried to leave discreetly. But she bumped into a soldier who came in later and fell on the ground. As she fell to the ground her hood fell off and of course these men recognized her. "There she is! Capture the fugitive slave!" She gasped and got up fast but was surrounded soon. She looked around with fear in her eyes as she searched for an escape route and right before one of them could grab her arm, she darted to the site and shot one of the soldiers in his leg with the bow wich made him crouch down and reach ofr his leg. Then with a swift parkour move she barrel rolled over the hunched down soldier and fled out of the door quickly. Meanwhile the soldiers inside gave chase to her. "GO! Get her! Dont let her escape!"

none yet lulz
Jesgil

Character Info
With the foreign soldiers distracted with the elf's movement's, Jesgil took advantage of the moment to bash the serving tray into the back of the head of the nearest guard. "I'm sorry," she spoke in dragon-tongue after the person collapsed, leaving one knocked out, one with an arrow within his leg, making him incapable of giving chase, and two others taking off for pursuit once more. However, before she can take one step out, the bartender told Jesgil, "No. Once she is leaves the shop, she stops being a customer, meaning our obligation to her safety ended when she left."

Jesgil, however, took a pause to think over what had occurred before stating, "Okay then. Well, I still think we should get her back here for her Dine and Dash… would that be correct at least?" After all, a nearly full mug of ale still rested on her table, completely unpaid for. It was Jesgil's reasoning to get the girl back here so the bar could protect her. It would be quite possible she was a foreigner to these lands, so she wouldn't know these laws, but as long she stayed with them, she would had been safe.

With a chuckle escaping his throat, the bartender nodded, saying, "Yeah, I guess she did. Make sure you get her back to pay for it then," reaching under the  bar counter before pulling out her Tillan, resting the battle axe on the counter, which she quickly retrieved. "whether it be paying through gold or chores, she will pay for her drink. Just remember our agreement."

"Right, master," she teased him with, giving a courteous bow with axe in hand before leaving the shop, giving chase as well.

RescueScribbles

Character Info
The girl was desperate as she tried to escape her pursuers. The 3 of them were running over the roofs, though with the young elf being alot more adept at parkour and running the soldiers were having trouble keeping up with her, she swung on ropes and used lanterns to swing around corners. The guards slowly followed the scared girl, she fell quite a few times and almost got caught each time. But soon she reached a dead end and the soldiers had the poor thing cornered. "Nowhere to run now…Princess Hahah, you'll be in irons with your subjects soon enough, little thing…" She backed up to the very end of the roof and she almost fell down, she looked down and it was too high to jump safely…

none yet lulz
Jesgil

Character Info
By the time Jesgil left the pub, the three were long gone from vision. However, from the unstable barrels and swaying ropes from the side of the building, it would only make sense they had moved their chase up onto the rooftops. Figures things would suddenly be more complicated like this. With a light sigh, she muttered to herself, "Awaken, my blood, and grant me your senses," once again in dragon-tongue, feeling her ears shift shapes, showing off more pointed edges, mimicking the piece that curled under her ears as her eyes shifted from the human rounded of the iris to the more imposing slits. However, around each of the affect areas, her skin shifted as well, bearing a medium between the smoothness of skin and the layers of scales.

Using her advanced hearing, she located sounds of commotion up on top, especially with moments of racket, as if nearly slipping. Feeling the need to hurry, Jesgil cradled Tillam in her arms before taking more of a dead sprint down the roads and alleyways, screaming, "EXCUSE ME!" to anyone that got in her way. It was when the upper commotion slow down into a bit of a silence did the sense of urgency increase, causing her to push forward faster.

There! She could see the top of a two story building where the elf from before was, standing near the edge as the two others slowing pushing closer. There was no place safe for her to jump. Stopping near the edge, she turned over to a random dwarf, handing over the axe, telling him, "May you please return this to the Winking Mermaid? I think an adventurer lost it." However, with her kind smile mixed with her dragon traits showing, it seemed a bit more intimidating, as if she was saying "Take this to the pub or else." She would only hope she would not have to lose out of Tillam this early. He was so young…

As the dwarf left the scene confused with axe in hand, Jesgil moved closer to near the end where the elf stood, hearing her steps near the last length she had remaining. "Awkwen my blood, and grant me your blessings," she chanted, "Allow me the ability to pass on the nimble feeling of flight to those in need." In her hands, a ball of light began to form, swirling with energy as the Bless magic collected in her hands before being fired out to the cornered elf. There, she would feel lightness in her feet, as if her body jsut suddenly became more flexible. Hopefully, it would be enough for he to give courage to follow through with this part:

"MISTRESS!" She called out, making sure her voice aimed for her, "MISTRESS, DOWN HERE!" There, she stood arms open ready to catch her from her height. She was granting a new escape route that would be difficult for the chasers to follow up with….

RescueScribbles

Character Info
Sylvia had already given a quick prayer to her elven goddess, but to no avail it seems. The soldiers in front of her had already drawn a shackle and were slowly coming close to attach it to her neck, but she'd rather die than end up as a slave having to serve whatever monster had more than 35 gold and looked down once more to see someone willing to catch her this time. Did illinea hear her prayers or was she just very lucky? It mattered very little, without hesitation she jumped down from the building into Jesgil's arms, though during the fall, she hit a sharp lantern ornament with her knee. She cursed to herself but then looked up at Jesgil. "T-thank you, stranger…"

none yet lulz
Jesgil

Character Info
It seemed she did indeed jump from her stance, through it was more like she was willing to jump no matter what. Not exactly a mindset to have, but having Jesgil down there was a nice assurance to her at the very least.

Making some minor adjustments as she fell, she got herself ready to catch the elvish woman carrying-princess style, though had to avoid wincing any watching her leg get sliced as she fell downward, so not to ruin and lax her stance any. Using her knees to absorb the blow, she bend down during the catch to absorb anymore impact, before hearing a nervous catch from her catch.

"There is no need to thank me yet," she assured the elf. "After all, they are not done perusing. Not only that, but we still need to fix  your leg and deal with your lack of payment for today's drink." Still her ears did hear the commotion from up above. Sounded like they were trying to find the quickest way down. Two stories plus a roof… should be enough to grant time to have them lose sight. "Now then, let us make our return, mistress."

With the men currently out of sight, Jesgil cupped the open injury before dashing forward before quick curving down into one of the many tight alleyways. Random turns mixed in with straight darts, he made sure there was as little trail to follow, even if she could feel the blood occasionally slip past her fingers. The spots, however, should be spread out enough, at least to not show where they had gone.

After the moment's run, Jesgil slowed down before coming to a stop, needing to take a moment to catch her breath. "This should be good enough for now," she assured the elf before setting her down. "How does your leg feel? Do you need it to heal?"

RescueScribbles

Character Info
While she was being carried, the elf held her hands over her knee herself while keeping another hand around her neck as she let out a whine every once in a while. It was quite painfull wich is just what it looked like. "A-ah…N-no thanks, i, good at alchemical healing…" She opened her cloak and took a small bottle with a pink substance that was hanging from her belt and poured it over the wound. It made her cry out in agony wich made it seem like she was dumb but instead these assumptions would be wiped out as her wound slowly began to close.

none yet lulz
Jesgil

Character Info
While she was ready to aid her with magic to tend to the wound, it seemed she was fine dealing with the injury herself, mending it closed with a strong medical potion… enough to make her wince in pain more than the injury itself! Even if adrenaline nullified the paid, she should not have to sit down in that much agony as the wound was accelerated to heal to a close. "Maybe after things have calmed down, you should check your formula…" she hinted at wile her skin smoothed back down to a fair human smoothness, her ears back to a smooth, round shape, and eyes that shined with round pupils. She was fine letting it happen, as it seemed they had lost their trail.

"I expect them to make a return to the Winking Mermaid after what has happened. We will take the back entrance in, and stow you away in my room for the afternoon. Before the evening life picks up, I will summon the shop owner to there to deal with your little crime." Still, she flashed her a reassuring smile, stapling on, "but if we are talking about a single mug of ale, I am sure a day of dishes will take care of it, with extra silver to pay for the rest of the work.

"Now then, young mistress, if you will follow me.." And yet, while she did smile with sincerity, her aura roared with that of a dragon, ready to give chase to her and retrieve her if she tried to run away. After all, even if the wound was healed by the potion, she expected the elf to be able to have trouble running.

If not… well, she was willing to chase all day.