Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > after a fight [P]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
Vinsue had come to the tavern as she always did when she was in the aria. she was in her human form with the hood of her simple brown robe up to hide her face and snow white hair. she went to the bar and ordered a glass of ale and the catfish combo. once she got her meal she went to a corner table and sat down in a way that let her see who came in and out of the place. 

She knew that her face was on one of the posters on the wanted board but she was itching for a fight and willed any who dared to try to take their chance. She started eating the breaded catfish and a smile could be seen from under her mask. she missed the taste and was glad they had not changed it. once finished she slowly sipped her glass of ale waiting for someone to notice her and start something.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
shanrafire_

Character Info
Name: Faylen Valleth
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Silver: 556
Faylen Valleth was new to the city of Adeluna, she has had a long journey and just wanted to find a pub and down an ale. She came across this place called the winking mermaid and felt some kind of pull towards it. Walking down the streets of the city she noticed the wanted posters of a girl. She had a lovely face and bright snow colored hair. It looked like that was her key feature.

Going inside the tavern, Faylen found a table and noticed a person sitting alone, it was clearly a woman and she wore a simple brown robe. In all the years Faylen had been an assassin she knew from the body language that this woman was trying to hide something. But she did not do it well enough. Faylen noticed a little strand of hair sticking out and it was the color of snow. Being the cocky person she was and looking for some fun she approached the woman. 

"I know who you are" Faylen said. "I'm new to town and already figured it out, you will have to do better than that"

The hunt is the best part of the game, the kill just means you won
Vinsue

Character Info
"New to town you say, well that's nice." she said looking the woman over. she was in her late teens or early twenties but then again she was an elf wich changes age looks and things. she looked strong and had a nice shade of yellow hair. she put her cup down. "If i wanted to hide who I was I would not be here miss." she smiled could this be the one that would want to fight her today. 

she pushed up her sleeves and again grabbed her cup. she let a couple runs of electricity dance down her arms and took a swallow of her ale knowing she would not get to drink it after anything. the scar on her right upper arm the only one on her. and that was when she had a curse that blocked her powers. "you can sit and talk if you would like if not i know a few drunks looking to watch a fight." she looked unfazed by the elf's presence. but she was ready to move if the girl tried anything.

shanrafire_

Character Info
Ah the girl has words. Faylen respected this much of her. But did she know how to fight? It was not in her nature to go straight for the kill. She played with it, she hunted. Games were her forte that was made her good at her job, part of charm. 

"Though it is tempting to give those obnoxious drunks a show, I think we can have a chat, tell me miss what would you like to talk about?"

She may be witty, but Faylen knew how to play. And soon she would be hero. Or make a respected new ally, whichever benefits her.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue wached her drink as the girl sat down. she stopped drinking it and would not touch it again. last time someone was willing to sit and talk they had magically drugged her drink and she was not wanting to go through that again. she asked what she would like to talk about and vinsue thought about it for a bit. "I'm sure you have questions for those posters always leave a lot out." she said then noticed three men tall and strong walk into the bar. each had a hand on the hilt of their swords. 

Vinsue's smiled widened as the men stopped scanning the bar and looked directly at her. they walked to her table. "sarry mam but we need to speak with your friend hear" one said to the elf "SilverTail im a bit glad to have found you. we have some lords that want your head on a golden platter." Vinsue got up. "I take to you come to test a rumor?" she said than tripped the man behind her and moved to the middle of the floor. his smile confirmed her thoughts 

She then took stance. the leader turned and de sheathed his sword. and than swung at her as the others went around her so that they could circle her. she doubted swing and the others joined in on the fight. like a dance she avoided the blades as they swing after a bit she let a charge into her hands and shot it threw the men who fell, with a scream, uncontinuous to the ground. she than left her backwards s with a tail mark on the leaders hart and his helpers left hands. she than took their coin pouches and sat back down. "Where were we?" she asked as it came back to her "ah yes you must have some questions?"

shanrafire_

Character Info
Faylen was surpised. Very surprised. Her eyes widened briefly and she clenched her fists but she quickly recovered herself. The first rule about being someone like her was never show weakness. She could not let this woman know that that shocked her. However, as much as she was shocked she was impressed. She respected this woman, she knew how to defend herself and she was damn good at it too. Those men did not stand a chance and she knew it when they walked in the door. She noticed the grin on her face, and she was familiar with it all to well.Faylen has had that grin on her face many times before and it said come here to me and step into my web. This girl was clearly looking for a fight and she got it. She did not plan on fighting this girl today but Faylen would not let her guard down just in case. 

Faylen thought about the girls statement about her questions and hesitated, she did indeed have many. "Why did they call you SilverTail for starters and also what is so bad that you got your face up on those there wanted posters, you said there's more to them so give me a reason not to kill you and make myself a hero to this new acquainted town I'm staying in." 

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue was not surprised that the woman was surprised. she loved to fight and often surprised many as she did. yet the woman had the arrogance to ask why she should not kill her. 

"Well the name is what a man who first wanted my head went by. so after his death I used it as a cover name and thought the family mark was a good one. anyone stupid enough to fight me gets it." She posed. she looked at her drink and wanted to drink it but did not for the fact she did not want to be poisoned again. "Funny enough i do not know why my head's on them. I am hunted cause t made a few pirates mad on more than a few occasions. and by what i know the pirates want me alive many try and only one was successful and that was when i was cursed and poisoned. you can try to kill me if you would like just know i will not go down without a fight. and over 100 people have my mark and may of them studer to this day." She said in a calm voice and almost laughed. 

She was anxious for the men to wake up for she knew a song and a rowdy crowd willing to do as the song said. 

shanrafire_

Character Info
Faylen sat there and thought about the girls words. She stared at her until she could no more. The truth was she liked this woman, she had a lot respect for her because she knew what it was like to get on the bad side of a pirate lord for it happened to her in the town she grew up in. She reminisced shortly and almost laughed at the time she stole his ship. Coming back to reality she came to a decision. 

"You know these men are about to wake up, I was thinking maybe you could use someone to watch your back when they do, I happen to know my way quite well around a bow" 

And for the first time ever in Faylen's life she did the only thing she thought was plausible in that moment and stuck her hand out offering friendship. Or at least acquaintanceship. She's never been the friend type of person but hoped this was the first step in changing that. 

Vinsue

Character Info
the woman got lost in thought wich vinsue knew was dangerous to do but the woman would learn on her own time. "no need as they wake the bar will grow with song and the men will leave knowing what happens to those that stager afterwards." She looked at the men and watched as one let out a mone. She did not trust others but who knew an ally may be a good thing. and as the first man sat up the bar erupted into song at Vinsue's lead. What do you do with a drunken sailor and a few of the more fun verses filled the tavern. The man woke up his buddies and gave a nasty look at them before leaving.  She laughed as the song died and cheers rose. She could easily win a sing off but the fun was having everyone join. She stopped laughing and looked at the girl in front of her. the girl was a bit young to be in this business but then again she was younger when she first had her head on those posters.

shanrafire_

Character Info
Faylen was confused. She was not used to the fun that took place in this tavern. The singing that took place as well. How did that make the men go away? Was is just the fun of the tavern? She was confused and she was sure it was showing on her face. However, she noticed the smile on the woman's face and she clearly enjoyed herself in that moment. She saw that all her worries went out the window and were forgotten even if it was just for a second. And then Faylen thought about it, she thought about her future being here and got excited for once in her life she would have fun. But she would not forget about her job as well, for she had to continue to make a fortune some how. 

Clearly though, this girl wanted her to prove herself in order to be an ally or even a friend for she never took her hand. And that was fine for her, she does not trust people easily either. So she would keep up her walls until the time came to let them down. 

"What was that that just took place? and why did those men leave so easily? It's like they just gave up?" Faylen said confusion clear in her voice and face. "And though I have questions for you I'm sure you have some for me as well"