Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Studying Stars [O][Event]
Caroline Einsecc

Character Info
Name: Caroline Einsecc
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-human
Class: Healer
Silver: 654
The stars were fascinating on their own and now they were falling. Hundreds of creatures had gathered this night to see the magical event. Even Caroline had decided to show up. People could join the Starfall and ascend from the world to live in the stars as an immortal but trapped celestial. The idea was almost what she was looking for and if it wasn't for the fact people ended up trapped, she would have found this to be the solution to death and power imbalances among people.

The second she stepped into the area, she felt that famous calmness. Opening her notes, she recorded this fact down. Even on festivals and celebrations she had to be working. The next step was to see how other people responded to these stars. Seeing somebody end up among the stars might be useful. Collecting stardust was another option. Perhaps she could infuse it with a brain to see its affects.

While she was busily taking down notes, she noticed something else that was odd. Flying creatures of all kind came to see this beautiful event. Griffons, phoenixes, and many more had just arrived by air. If she was lucky, she'd be able to steal some phoenix feathers or other natural ingredients. She'd been running a bit low and believed this would be the chance to gain more materials. So much to do and so little time.

"A snack might be a good idea before I really get started." Caroline muttered to herself.

What we learn can unlock the true potential of this universe.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
"So at this time of the year, those clusters of stars are over here while there's a brighter single one about there…" Things had been different this year. Normally this sort of celestial phenomenon only happened over the northern half of Parvpora, but this was the first time this particular part of Canelux had an aurora. She didn't know much about these so-called 'celestials' and what really happened if somebody didn't leave after being charmed by the Starfall, but now was a good time as any for her to complete a small portion of the comprehensive star chart she was compiling for the ultimate rendition of her airship navigational system. The constellations and celestial bodies moved during the year, so tracking their relative positions and movements would be a big help for aerial and nautical navigators everywhere. Shiloh still didn't know most of the names of the constellation groups in Revaliir, and there was the problem of different cultures having their own variations too. 

In her hands was a large roll of parchment with a mess of lines and dots that were supposed to be stars in the sky. Squinting her eyes while looking straight up, the dark-haired woman was in the minority of the attendees who weren't enjoying the aurora by air. She was a little ways from the booths and stalls, as the noise and bright lights were too distracting for her to focus on keeping track of where the stars were. Whenever the small darkened silhouette of a flying creature with or without a rider came into view, she would frown and mutter to herself until the obstructing speck was out of sight. Maybe she should've created a device that would capture the placement of the stars for her so she didn't have to compete with the fliers for the view. The deity incognito was too absorbed in her observations to notice the supposed peaceful aura the phenomenon had, as she was anxious that she'd lose count had have to start all over again.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Caroline Einsecc

Character Info
Deciding against a snack, as it could distract her from her work, she began drawing an exact image of the sky above. She was suddenly thankful for all those art classes her old dead mother had forced her to take. Her drawing was fairly accurate but she began to write more details. Including the amount of stars that seem present and the behavior of those stars. She even started calculating the angels of the stars in comparison to other stars.

Caroline was using too much space on her notes so she began using magic script as a way to write out her mathematical work and correcting it before putting it into her notes. Other people who were heading down to the festival looked at her strangely, as she was a lovely woman just standing there writing out some math in the air with magic instead of enjoying the celebration. But those people didn't linger too long and Caroline was able to maintain focus on her work.

The issue was the fact that there were so many fliers in the air and the fact that she was unable to see them up close. She was aware of the rumors about how staying up there too long would become an issue but for the purposes of knowledge, she would have to see these things for herself. Letting out a small sigh, she closed the book and made a sharp whistle. Bounding from the trees was a golden sphinx. The sphinx was big enough for one person to sit on and she needed to get up there. But she needed one other person to help. She noticed that there was another stranger who wasn't just going to the festival. Caroline tied an extremely long rope around the waist of her sphinx then walked over towards the stranger.

"Excuse me but could you do me a huge favor?" Caroline asked the disguised Shiloh, "I need to get up there and observe the stars closer. But I'll need someone to keep watch on the time for us so we don't get stuck up there. All you'd have to do is count fifteen minutes and tug at the end of the rope."

Hopefully the stranger wouldn't ask for money in exchange for this but if she did, Caroline did have some coin to spare. Getting up there and taking notes would be worth it. Knowledge took sacrifices but Caroline was trying to avoid having to sacrifice anything today.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Panic flashed across her face when somebody called to her out of the blue. Instead of turning to see who it was immediately, she paused for a couple more moments as if to burn the current image of the sky into her memory. She had to remember this, focus on a few points of reference so she could find her place later. Closing her eyes as if to complete the imprinting, Shiloh then reopened them to look at who was here. It was someone she didn't know, which wasn't a surprise. The lady seemed a bit too serious for a place like this. Like she was one to talk… Anyway, she heard what the stranger wanted and it wasn't too difficult to give–a closer view of the stars, unobstructed by the sightseers. A quick look told the rogue that she was planning to fly up on the sphinx, with the rope as a way to literally keep them grounded. Shiloh's eyes went to the rope and then back at the woman. "That's a bold idea for someone getting within Starstuck distance." She wasn't saying no though. "Fifteen minutes, right? I can do that."

She wasn't sure how long it would take for somebody to become starstruck, but if the lady and her sphinx started to get carried away–she'd pull them down regardless. The rumors she heard about this phenomenon weren't comforting, particularly the part where people who got trapped wouldn't be able to leave until the next time this same meteorological event happened. You'd think that with rumors like that people would try to stay far away, but then again people were known to take risks for less. She couldn't deny the fact that despite being deceptive, it was beautiful. Beautiful, but not enough to make her want to put herself in harm's way. As for keeping time, she had ways around it. An hourglass that had additional magical functions was still fundamentally an hourglass, but for today she'd stick with her wayfinder's widget to plot out the flight pattern of the stranger she was doing a favor for. Rather than put a crick in her neck by staring up, if she saw any irregularities in their flight path she'd know it was time to pull them down. As soon as the other end of the rope was in her hand and the sphinx was in the air, she began the mental countdown.

One, two, three… 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Caroline Einsecc

Character Info
"If we ever hope to advance, we must be bold." Caroline stated, "I will be careful."

With her notes in hand she was close to the stars. She kept a certain amount of distance since getting too close was asking for trouble. Caroline carefully looked at the skies and the beauty around her. With her free hand she was able to make a few sketches on her notebook while using her right hand to hold onto the sphinx. She began recording down all of the stars and trying record patterns in the sky. It almost looked like some of the stars created an image of people. Perhaps they were the starstruck from times long ago. However, she just recorded it down and decided to worry about it later.

She felt comfortable in the stars and taking notes only made her even more comfortable. This is what her life was about. Studying, observations, forming possible hypothesis' in her mind. Caroline jabbed her hand with her pen, causing a drop of blood to form. That was how she kept herself under control. She pulled on the rope indicating it was time to return. The scholar had gathered a lot of information and a written depiction of the position of the stars. Caroline even recorded down the angles that the stars appeared to be at. Once she was returning to the ground, she cleaned off her hand with her sleeve.

"Thanks. If you'd like I can give you a copy of the drawing I created." She suggested once she was safe on the ground.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
With her eyes on the changing numbers, Shiloh nervously waited. A feeling of unease was building up inside of her and she wondered if she should call them back early just to be safe. When she was planning to carry through with the thought, there was a tug from the rope signalling they were coming down. Quickly she did her part to reel them back to earth. Shiloh didn't notice the blood the woman was cleaning off, though she was more preoccupied with other things. Her attitude didn't seem too drastically different from what the deity could tell, and the stranger thanked her for doing her a small favor. She then offered a copy of what she had managed to record in that short span of time, to which Shiloh gave a nod. "I'd appreciate that. I'll help save me a lot of time and effort." Never mentioning what she needed the star positions for, she chose to leave that bit out. Unless someone asked, she wouldn't explain. It was as if there was an unspoken agreement not to pry into each other's business, and she liked it that way.

Carefully putting the sketch of the starry sky away as to not smudge the markings, the dark-haired woman began to pack up. "Well, my work here is done. Time to head back to safer pastures. Best of luck to…whatever you'll be doing. Thanks for the star chart." Putting her fingers into her mouth she let out a shrill whistle. Out of the grass came bounding three long-bodied mammals that climbed up her legs to reach her knapsack. With a salute, Shiloh then headed off down the mountain. Once she was out of sight, she opened a portal and disappeared.   

Her God Powers are: