Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Edelweiss [Event][O]
Belen

Character Info
Name: Belen Kyrie
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Fey
Class: Magician
Silver: 0
Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up! C'mon, sleep a little longer–you know you want to. Belen was hurrying while trying to look as nonchalant as possible, before Haskell and his big mouth were awake and kicking. Hoping and praying that the platypus would just doze off again, he had a portal spell ready in case everything went downhill. His brother wasn't worried at all, or maybe he hadn't realized just how bad the situation could get if one of the spirits figured out they weren't solid. The sooner they got out, the better. The open air and wider space would give them more of an advantage in a fight. Following the wyvern, the twins ran and ran keeping the winged reptile in sight. The grumble was getting louder from his bag, which Belen stifled by squeezing it to his chest. "Sorry Haskell, this isn't a good time!" He said in a loud whisper, feeling his legs starting to burn.

Just a little farther, just a little more! He could see the light at the end of the tunnel–no not death, the actual mineshaft they were bailing out of. "I see it! We're going to make it!" Cyril shouted. Oh no, why'd he have to say that? He'd jinx it! There was that awful tingling going up his spine and he was feeling the urge to look back. No, no he shouldn't. She said not to look, no matter what. If he looked back, there was no telling what could happen. He'd look behind once they were outside, safe and above ground. The whisperings from the ghosts were fading, and when he burst out into the sunlight he gasped and flailed his arms. "OH THANK THE GODS!" Dropping his bag, the disgruntled and awake platypus was coming out with a tirade of very colorful words that he completely ignored because he was too happy to finally be out of that creepy place. Grabbing Haskell by his sides, Belen hugged the funny-looking aquatic mammal with eyes wide. "What's with ye?! Oy, didn't ya hear what I said? Lad put me down!" 

"We're alive, we're alive! Daylight is great. I love the outdoors, being above ground is the best, oh man." Not realizing he had been hyperventilating until now, he let out a huge sigh of relief and looked behind. Cyril was out too, and the wyvern was perched somewhere above. His brother was worried, looking at the entrance to the tunnels. "Cyril, what's wrong?" The silver-haired boy kept hovering around the mine entrance. "Miss Kythe isn't out yet." Finally letting go of Haskell, Belen sat down. "She said she'd be right behind us. Wait a little, she's probably almost out." His brother reluctantly gave up and sat next to him, eyes still focused on the exit. 

“Magic is the stunning art of surprising your audience, so that nothing else surprises them.”