Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Plain Sight (Open, R)
Logan Augustus

Character Info
Name: Logan Augustus
Alignment: TE
Race: Vampire
Class: Ex-Knight
Silver: 179
He couldn't spot that damn woman no matter how much he searched for her. Where in the nine hells did she take him? He knew that they were no longer in Adeluna, but to no extent did he know just how far they had traveled. His rage was still evident even while he was trying to calm down. If he had any way into getting his hands on her, he would have to use the right bait, even if it was one that he disliked the most. Once the words slipped from his mouth, he heard her call out to him. 

She was hooked; the vampire felt annoyed that even with her life in danger, she would want to hear his tragic tale above all else. He slowly approached the edge of the water but remained in it. She was smart to keep away from him, but he needed just one moment of weakness and then he would overtake her. "As I swear on the only thing I own- my name, I had caused her demise. Think of me as a killer for I am, but her death was one that I hadn't wanted." His eyes returned to their light brown color and he sighed. "The truth is a simple one- on the night of her death, it was I that was meant to die." He couldn't bear to continue on with a dull life where he could never have her and so the choice was rather easy for him. He had tainted his dagger in dead man's blood and was poised to plunge it into his heart. The only problem had been that Andrea had stumbled onto him in the midst of his actions and fought with him to claim the dagger. They struggled and the blade ended up in her. Being the type of person he was, he was blamed by the rest of the House- especially her dreadful lover.

"She had been too stupid to wrestle the dagger, my death away from me. She was the one person that I wouldn't have killed. Anyone else? I honestly couldn't give a damn. But not her. Not her." His demons caught up with him, not that it mattered. Eventually, he would recover and sleep well like he typically did. What was done was done and she wouldn't return. Even if she could, she would never seek him out as he'd hope. "Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. Right now, we are predator and prey, though I will admit that I do not know which of us is which, fae woman." He knew nothing of her limits; as far as he knew, she had plenty of tricks left. Heaven knew what she would pull off next. But he couldn't exactly let her live, not when she had been the only one he had spoken the truth to. 

"Does that feed your curiosity or is there more that you want from my tale?", he spoke through gritted teeth.

|The Red Dragon|
Ciara

Character Info
Name: Ciara
Alignment: CN
Race: Fae
Class: Noble/Bard
Silver: 1659
His story seemed true enough to Ciara. There was always the risk he was lying but this version of the story was more appealing than the old possessive stalker tale. But her mind had been caught up in the tale. Now she knew how things ended, she could properly frame any future artwork she made of it. His old flame had tried to wrestle the dagger away from him and ended up with it killing her. A tragic story of a one sided love that ended with a death. Once his tale was done, he mentioned how they were predator and prey. It was clear he still was shaken up by her trickery and was unaware of what she had left. One spell. That was all she had. But she couldn't let him find that out. Ciara ringed out her long blue hair into the lake and appeared to be extremely calm, despite the fact anybody else would be scared in this situation.

"My curiosity is full." She said dropping her hair and moving onto her dress, trying to get the water out of it as much as possible.

Once she was done, she looked back up to Logan. The fae woman didn't offer condolences or sympathy for what happened. She knew what it was like to experience pity for dead lovers. It was annoying as that wasn't what she needed. In fact Ciara didn't even mention a single thing. Words would do nothing in this situation. Death and sorrow were not things that could be waved away through words. Neither was anger.

"I have a feeling we'll meet again." Ciara said, "And when we do, it'll be very interesting to see how you react."

She began to walk towards the forest, hoping that her confidence would be enough to make him give up on the hunt.

Logan Augustus

Character Info
It felt disgusting having to tell his most inner secret to a complete stranger. Especially one that had invaded his mind without permission; even if in a way, he had done a similar thing with her blood. As far as he was concerned, this "trade" wasn't equal- she had gained much more than he ever had in their exchange of sorts, but he was above bickering about such details at a time like this. Did he yearn for her still? Certainly. But would he mourn over her death? No, what was done was done but the memories themselves were the thing that hurt him and yet kept him alive for the time being. He would live as she had wanted him and that was that. His focus tore away from the bitter tale and back into the present where it truly mattered. He had a fae capable of quite the amount of feats and he was outgunned. Though he was far from wanting to admit that. 

The woman claimed that what he had given her was suffice enough, and she kept her true emotions (if she had any) afar from the look on her face. Still, he hadn't dropped his intention of making her pay for her crimes, justified or not. Vengeance was why he remained in this world and it wouldn't be given up so easily. Perhaps not now, but later that he would partake in making her pay. 

"React?" His brows lowered as he tried to fathom what on earth she would do to him next. He wouldn't stupid to think that she hadn't come here for a reason- perhaps it was home or close enough to it for her to have the advantage of knowing this region, wherever they were currently. Nonetheless, he wouldn't yield to her yet. 

Logan started to move out of the water, both himself and his clothes drenched. And yet he remained at the edge, standing there as she walked off. "Hear this, the next time we do meet, you will know my reaction. My hunt has been postponed, but as long as I remain on this earth, I will track your scent down until the end of time." A toothy grin overcame him as he himself moved into the forest in an opposing different from hers. It didn't matter the length of time to him - days and weeks, or months and years, he would find her at some point. But until then, he had to start from scratch all over again.

A place to hide from the sunlight and sustenance and feeding. With the former, he was able to find an abandoned outpost from long ago, judging on the weathered exterior and that vegetation was making itself at home there. The latter was whatever creatures he could get his hands on, and gods knew how long he would have to fend like this while he did look for clues as to where he resided. Time was never an issue for him, so the fact that a great deal had passed was nothing to him as he lite the fire inside his new home one early evening. He was left with the silence save for the cracking of the flames in the fireplace. In a few hours, he would carry on hunting for something, anything to bring down and feed off. But until then, he enjoyed the solitude of the outpost. 

|The Red Dragon|
Ciara

Character Info
Name: Ciara
Alignment: CN
Race: Fae
Class: Noble/Bard
Silver: 1659
Another person to track her down. Her mother was the first and he was the most recent, with others in between. He claimed that he would hunt down her scent until the end of time and a part of her felt incredibly flattered. Few people had shown THAT much of a dedication to hunting her down. A smile formed on her lips as she realized, she'd affected him. In a way she was able to affect him in a way that few others would be able to repeat. Her mark was made on his story. But then again, all of this could be a bluff. Most likely he would forget about her by next moon. But she would not forget about him.

"Such a bittersweet memory."
She whispered to herself as she entered the forest, leaving him at the lake, "And that golden woman….I think I'll start with her."

Her body morphed and shifted, lowering down into the shape of an owl with bright white feathers. She began to flap her wings and soared into the air. The last bit of her magic to be used on turning into a predator. She soared in the opposite direction of Logan, towards a place she knew very well. If he truly was planning on tracking her, then it would be easy to find him again when she was finished. The wind blew gently across her feathered face as she looked towards the blue sky and the sun slowly lowering. The day had been a magnificent, dangerous, and productive, all things she deeply wished for.

-I wonder when I can get my paintbrushes in order. I'll have to head back to Adeluna for them when I'm ready-

She gave out a hooting call to all the creatures down below and to any other creature that might hear it.

Logan Augustus

Character Info
Gods knew just how long he had been out here, but at the very least he was still among the land of the living. He had to scrape by and only occasionally was able to sink his fangs into some wayward camper or traveler. But Logan had to keep on going, his vengeance needed to be sated. Against his former housemates and now, that wretched lady-fae had made that small but meaningful list of his. Despite her name not being known, Logan knew that he would remember her face the next time they met, and he would deliver onto her his promise. Aside from the clothes on his back (which he had killed for and stolen), his name, and that hitlist, it was all he had in this world. It was all that kept him going. 

The evening was coming in about an hour, and Logan was sound asleep in a corner that sat away from the sun's rays. He dreamt of the very same dream that plagued him every once in a while. Of him trapped in a prism in the shape of a pyramid while the rest of the world went by without him. Only things took place as if Andrea hadn't died that faithful night. No, their family remained in power over their territories and started to expand their rule. He could see Nemesis rising up to the head of the Augustus family and Andrea by his side as the doting wife. A happy tale for the duo and even Reaver stood by his side. All of them were so happy and yet he was trapped in his own personal hell. No matter how much he banged his fists against it, the glass wouldn't yield and the only results would be his hands were a bloody mess and his shouts fell upon deaf ears. 

He was startled and shot up just as the darkness blanketed the woods. His eyes flashed open and he attempted to pull himself together. Wasn't cruel enough to learn that the only other person he had actually cared for other than himself was gone, but fate continued to torment him even in his mind? Logan rushed right up and tore at anything he could get his hands on. Any scraps of things he salvaged from the woods and the lake were tossed about, flipped, or shattered by him until he got a grip on his rage. 

He cracked his fingers, one at a time until he managed to calm down enough. Perhaps some food would do his mind some good. The vampire grumbled a bit before he left his hideout and started to walk about the area. His best bet was to head to the lake where many came to visit it. Hopefully, he would catch a person and not some pesky animal. Their blood wasn't as alluring as humans. But even that paled in comparison to how that fae had tasted against his tongue. Even as he made his way to the large lake, he remained low enough to keep himself from being visible to his prey. 

Now he just needed some prey to feast upon.

|The Red Dragon|